Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Mega Evolution I (XYSP1)

The Strongest Mega Evolution - Act I was kind of boring, the only character I liked so far is the clumsy girl with the Igamaro (Chespin), the rest of them seemed like recycled stock traits. The battles were kinda good but that's really all there was to the special.

6.8/10, hoping for Act II to be better.
    So much credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner!

WHy did that girl with the Chespin had hearts in her eyes :P

Where was it even said Alan knows who Ash is? Did he watch Ash saving the Garchomp or what?

Well, praise be Lord Helix. A Blastoise finally wins, and the Elite Four keep their status to be OP in the anime.

I'm not so sure what to think about Lysandre. The writers better not shoe them into the specials rather than the main story.

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Chapter 219: An Alien Friend in Need - Complete!

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Where was it even said Alan knows who Ash is? Did he watch Ash saving the Garchomp or what?

Well, praise be Lord Helix. A Blastoise finally wins, and the Elite Four keep their status to be OP in the anime.

I'm not so sure what to think about Lysandre. The writers better not shoe them into the specials rather than the main story.
    The special is canon to the anime Chris, so they he is in the anime

Alan doesnt know who Ash is.

Manon simply mentioned Ash to him about what happened in Lumiose.

He didn't witness the said incident by himself. He learned about Ash through Manon who talked about that incident.

From the screenshots Alan's bond with his Charizard looks really tight and endearing, he seems like a cool character and overall strong in personality and engrossing alongside Manon and Ayaka, I cannot wait to see this special. We need more specials focusing on other characters holding the MC role. I wonder if he'll get any strong character development in his next appearance and this one! Alan does look great, so excited.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Ideals View Post
    The special is canon to the anime Chris, so they he is in the anime
    Which...I already knew it was. Doesn't answer my question.

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    Alan doesnt know who Ash is.

Manon simply mentioned Ash to him about what happened in Lumiose.
    Ah, a clear answer. Thanks.

Since this is canon to anime, atleast we know that Mewtwo Y will be the same one as from Movie 16.
    Mewtwo X on the other hand...it's interesting.

After seeing this speacial I want Ash to have Mega Charizard even more then before

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstar1994 View Post
    Since this is canon to anime, atleast we know that Mewtwo Y will be the same one as from Movie 16.
    We don't know that. If there is more than one Mewtwo, any one of them could Mega Evolve into any of the two variants.

So this is the same Pokéverse as Ash's, AMAZING news!! I hope Ash and Alan encounter, maybe they'll fight Team Flare.

Overall this was a great special episode, intense well-done battles and nice plot going along 10/10.

I don't know why can't Alan appear at the league tho? Stephan and Conway didn't even hint they were collecting badges as far I can remember and they showed up at the league.

I was kind of happy to see that Blastoise was holding its own without even mega evolving lol. I think it is a sign that they want to give someone like me a glimmer of hope that a Pokemon doesn't have to be mega evolved to stand a chance against a mega pokemon. I know this is the elite four though, which means Siebold was overpowered to begin with. Mega-Charizard didn't stand a chance.

Name: Arugula
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Quote Originally Posted by RickHoenn View Post
    I don't know why can't Alan appear at the league tho? Stephan and Conway didn't even hint they were collecting badges as far I can remember and they showed up at the league.
    True, how ever Alan is different in that he has another goal he's actively pursuing, whereas those two had nothing else to do really. Of course, the league is a gathering of strong trainers and Alan's already seen that the Elite 4 may possess megas of their own so entering the league and then the champion league in hopes of facing more megas would make sense.
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

Blast Burn finally appeared in the anime! And Charizard used it!

Geez Dragon Claw looked huge!

Also I see that kid getting a Shiny Stone and thinking it's a mega stone.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Did they show Lysandre?
    Join us, as ICC World Cup 2011 kicks off in Bangladesh on the 17th February, 2011 through the magnificent opening ceremony! We await your arrival. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphen View Post
    Did they show Lysandre?
    Yes!!!

https://24.media.tumblr.com/609c9b9e...sc3ro1_400.png

https://31.media.tumblr.com/3b45be4d...sc3ro2_500.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rohanator View Post
    True, how ever Alan is different in that he has another goal he's actively pursuing, whereas those two had nothing else to do really. Of course, the league is a gathering of strong trainers and Alan's already seen that the Elite 4 may possess megas of their own so entering the league and then the champion league in hopes of facing more megas would make sense.
    That's what I was thinking, maybe he's going to challenge strong trainers with mega evolved mons and then the E4 and Diantha, it seems like a nice quest for him, and it wouldn't be bad Ash loses to him (at least nothing will ever top the horrible Ash vs. Cameron scenario...), everything is up the air imo, hopefully the Act II comes soon.
    Last edited by RickHoenn; 3rd April 2014 at 5:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    I don't think Alan is an idiot boy like the many we've seen. Besides, he used to be a professor assistant till he went aggro.

Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    You mean this one.
        Spoiler:- :

Pretty much loved this episode for Siebold. lol I was hoping he'd have more of a role, but I should've known it was just for a battle. Still, I hope he makes a reappearance in the series!
    Can't wait to see more of Lysandre too. It'd be great if the scientists could make appearances too! And the grunts. And Malva.

In-game Name: Monica
    3DS Friend Code: 5026-4978-3429

Thank you PopPrincess_Lyra for the awesome ResistanceShipping banner!

I don't think Alan is an idiot boy like the many we've seen. Besides, he used to be a professor assistant till he went aggro.
    His Mega Ring glowed when he was in proximity, indicating it's a Mega Stone, plus it looks like one.

Question is, what stone it it. Aesthetically, the colours match:

Lucarionite
    Gyaradosite
    Manectite
    Latiasite

My money is on #4. We just won't know for sure until the next ones.

Man oh man did I enjoy this special...not so much that there was so much epic mega madness but it had so many anime firsts!

This was the first time (at least from what I can recall) that:

A garchomp fainted during battle (my poor chomp!)

A garchomp is portrayed as cute rather than just menacing

A NONPOISON type pokemon used TOXIC

BLAST BURN was used

Also, was everyone else aware that Siebold was a chef before seeing him here? I knew he talked about food but I I always thought his apron was some sort of robe and he was just some stuck-up prince/ aristocrat who was tied with Malva as my least favorite E4 member...now that I know that he's a chef instead, I like him A LOT more...he's tied with Wikstrom as #2...No one beats Drasna lol

Quote Originally Posted by RickHoenn View Post
    Yes!!!

https://24.media.tumblr.com/609c9b9e...sc3ro1_400.png

https://31.media.tumblr.com/3b45be4d...sc3ro2_500.jpg

That's what I was thinking, maybe he's going to challenge strong trainers with mega evolved mons and then the E4 and Diantha, it seems like a nice quest for him, and it wouldn't be bad Ash loses to him (at least nothing will ever top the horrible Ash vs. Cameron scenario...), everything is up the air imo, hopefully the Act II comes soon.
    Do we know if the mega gyarados is Lysandre's?

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstar1994 View Post
    Mewtwo X on the other hand...it's interesting.
    It would be nice if the old mewtwo returned to be Mega X

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario At Service View Post
    You mean this one.
        Spoiler:- :
    Looks like a latiasite to me
    Last edited by XXD17; 3rd April 2014 at 6:00 PM.
    Draconic Pokemon are King: My Deviant: http://xxd17.deviantart.com

Future Alpha Sapphire Team:

Thought that was a bit of a let down, meh. Hope act II is better. Alan and Manon both have potential to appear in the main story though, could be good.

so going by that all the general summary of the special(also the RAW I saw on Youtube, heh), everything mentioned in the teaser happened in act 1.

meaning act 2 might be a story to debut the Mega Eons(Latis), who have appeared in the anime quite a bit before.

Alan with one of the Latis would be interesting too, making him the 3rd owner of one in the series(the other 2 being Tobias/Takuto and one of the Nurse Joys.)

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast