Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Mega Evolution I (XYSP1)

A laboratory research assistant + badazz Pokemon trainer. Man, Alan is pretty much who I would want to be in the show.
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven. That which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts. Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
    Thank you FairyWitch for the banner!

Quote Originally Posted by Soniman View Post
    Ash bashing kinda happens with or without another MC so you just gotta roll with it tbh.

Also, Scyamore really suggested Alan enter the League? Did he turn it down or something?
    I didn't see the subs, but a translatior on another board said that syncamore offered it to him as a way to meet megas. I don't know his reply, but other people confirmed it as well.

Also, I just get a little upset when people bash Ash for no real reason, most don't see that he's actually an accomplished Trainer, can't wait to see him and Alan meet.

Power Up

Quote Originally Posted by Maldread View Post
    A laboratory research assistant + badazz Pokemon trainer. Man, Alan is pretty much who I would want to be in the show.
    I personally thought Alan's depth was perfectly fine, the exposition on Sycamore and his goal was fairly well done for a 22-minute episode. This episode probably would have been tons better had it really had an hour to show itself in prime.

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    That was my problem with Alan. Cool design, pretty cool goal to be honest, but he lacked depth. I feel like I don't know enough about him. If this mini series continues then I'll allow because they can expand on his depth later. Maybe they just wanted to grab the audience here with the Mega Pokemon battles. But to me Alan's greatest weakness is his lack of depth. And maybe he could have some more Mega Evolving Pokemon.
    This whole special felt like blatant Mega Evolution/Movie 17 advertising to me, so Alan may remain the same even in an upcoming installment in my opinion. :x

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    I don't think Alan is an idiot boy like the many we've seen. Besides, he used to be a professor assistant till he went aggro.
    I meant Manon. Hope she gets a Florges.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by Soniman View Post
    I have no doubt that we will see what he has to offer if he appears more often, I didn't really expect them to flesh out his entire character in a single episode.
    Well obviously they can't do it all in like what...how long do these episodes run? But they could have given a little more depth to his cause. He fights Mega Pokemon. Why? Maybe I just need to watch this subbed. I still think they choose to advertise Mega Pokemon over really developing Alan, but that's okay because it's only the first act and they were wanted to bring in audiences and what better way then flashy Mega Pokemon? I still want more on Alan's story.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

I'm okay with Alan, he not the best main charater but he is okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    Well obviously they can't do it all in like what...how long do these episodes run? But they could have given a little more depth to his cause. He fights Mega Pokemon. Why? Maybe I just need to watch this subbed. I still think they choose to advertise Mega Pokemon over really developing Alan, but that's okay because it's only the first act and they were wanted to bring in audiences and what better way then flashy Mega Pokemon? I still want more on Alan's story.
    Honestly, shoving in Alan exposition, three battles, Mega Evolution explanation, Manon screen time and focus, Elite Four Siebold and all of 22 minutes is still really impressive. :P You have to admit.

Don't forget setting up Lysandre.

Cool beans, Alan was a decent enough character(was giving me a Sasuke emo vibe but good thing that changed watching the episode) still kinda blandish but I'm waiting for more in future episode(we got two bland characters in the main group rigth now anyway), the girl was a pretty charming and funny character also, animation was great, I liked that they used the ingame character as a trainer, Siebold and the Kabuki guy was had a cool design also.

Waiting for the continuation of the story .

if that stone he picked up was Gyarados's mega stone, it'll probably be stolen from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    if that stone he picked up was Gyarados's mega stone, it'll probably be stolen from him.
    I hope its a Latios/as Mega stone and the second special coincides with an event releasing their stones frankly but I can see it being a Chariazard Y stone so he has more options for his Charizard, I only watched the raw so if what the stone is was confirmed to be Gyarados I'm sorry.

In the next special, Alan will take that stone to Sycamore's lab, which will be destroyed by Team Flare members. The professor then will complain about his lab getting wrecked so often.

That's what I think will happen.

Never alone, together forever. ~Made by yours truly~
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris / 3DS FC: Ask / Normal Safari: Audino, Smeargle, Lillipup
    Youtube Channel - Metroid Prime Trilogy - Metroid Prime 2: Echoes

Quote Originally Posted by XxSymbolxX View Post
    Lol? Where do you get that the Charizard was at E4 level? At no point in the match did it look like he had the upper hand. Heck, Blastoise was holding its own even when it wasn't mega evolved.
    Did you not see the opening clash where Blastoise and Charizard X met head on and both came out even? Than Blastoise had to mega evolve to take the advantage. Charizard took a Hydro pump ( or some sort of water attack) and still charged at Blastoise. Then they clashed again evenly, after that Charizard got him with a dragon claw that pushed Blastoise back before the big blast that took him out.

So yes i do call that Charizard Elite 4 level
    Last edited by Outburstz; 4th April 2014 at 1:38 AM.
    Friend Code- 4828-5000-3163
    Safari Dragon= Shelgon ,Fraxure and Druddigon PM if you add me so I can add you
    I have pokemon Y.

After watching the special twice I'm still not sure about something. Was it Lysandre talking on the holocaster?

So I assume this Lysandre reveal means that they're not gonna do the Cyrus thing where it seems like he might be a good guy as they do in the games. That's fine with me, even for Pokemon he was a pretty obvious villain (it's always the ones with the crazy hair).
    Defeated Super Single Subway Master Ingo - August 19th, 2013

Searching for: Litwick - Near Perfect IVs, Manetric (Shiny) - Good IVs, Switcheroo
    Can offer high IV'd Bagons, Digletts, and Darumakas, as well as DWs, Pokerus, and more, PM me if interesting in negotiating.

Quote Originally Posted by Fullgrizzly94 View Post
    Maybe Lysandre testing out his new mega Gyarados...

It is mindblowing how powerful these megas are (2 mega-powered hyperbeams equal a DBZ-style explosion, and a flamethrower from Megazard X acts almost like a hyperbeam). Props to the animators!
    Yes! the Mega Gyarados vs Mega Abomasnow battle looked so freakin beastly, like wow those creatures are way too powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    Don't forget setting up Lysandre.
    I think this is the main reason the special exists. Not for the movie, but for tying into the main anime and team flare. It's obvious this will have more acts and will most likely extend past the movie.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

which moves would you guys like mega charizard x to do next? mine are outrage, earthquake ,dragon dance and flare blitz!
    White 2 Friend code : 1508-0208-9881
    Pokémon X Friend Code: 0275-7830-7079

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    I think this is the main reason the special exists. Not for the movie, but for tying into the main anime and team flare. It's obvious this will have more acts and will most likely extend past the movie.
    Lysandre showed up for like what, a few seconds? Why would the studio write and animate a 22 minute special for the sake of Lysandre's cameo?

That final battle was pretty damn good (seriously what kind of dragon pulse is that?! XD cool as fu but it doesn't make much sense...oh well)

and I really like that remix of Volt! they did for the ending song, it was nice. Like, addicting nice.

When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    Lysandre showed up for like what, a few seconds? Why would the studio write and animate a 22 minute special for the sake of Lysandre's cameo?
    It's clearly setting up for more. A reminder this is just the first part of something bigger. Heck even then some people are acting like Lysande is a a big nobody. His appearance is a big deal. The fact he was in the post credits scene signifies that he will have big future importance as the scene was clearly made for suspense and intrigue.

Now I'm not saying the special was made just to introduce lysandre, as you are right in that he was a very small part of it. But it is one of the more important parts of the episode. Much more important than setting up blondie so she can go curb stomp ash in the movie.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

The was a complete wave of awesomeness, it's no secret I really loved this special a lot. I do hope we get more like it in the future because it was engrossing from start to finish for me and I genuinely don't have much of anything to complain about. Alan, Manon, Mega Evolution, Ayaka, Chespin, Siebold, Mega Pokemon, I enjoyed a number of things about this special.

Alan was pretty nice, he had that pretty cool-headed, aloof personality and aura about himself and that contrasted and worked really well with Manon's more boisterous personality. I enjoyed the exposition on him, Sycamore and Charmander and his goal of defeating all Mega Evolutions is pretty nice. It's achievable, certainly unique and nice, I do wish there was a bit more depth to it but I imagine we'll get more expansion on that in future Acts. Overall, I really liked Alan a lot and I do hope we see more of him in the near future and I like how he's shown to be somewhat flawed. His relationship with Charizard was very endearing as well as his interactions with Professor Sycamore. I thought I got to perceive a lot about him from his mannerisms, thoughts, actions, reactions, feelings, words and overall aura of himself. That's not too bad for only twenty minutes, I desperately wish this special could have been an hour at least so we could have gotten more of him fleshed out.

Manon stole the show for me, I'm surprised she got her share of screen time, I was so sure this would focus solely on Alan and the concept of Mega Evolution but there was more to it than that. Manon got to use her Chespin, Hari-san, to catch a Flabebe and we got some great interactions and personality from her and her Pokemon. I thought it was fitting her first capture be a Fairy and naturally they mentioned that Fairy-types are weak to Poison. I liked how much of a klutz she was, I wish we had seen more of her flaws played upon but again it was only twenty-two minutes so we got what we got. I also liked how Chespin saved her tail when she walked off the rock and almost fell, I imagine Chespin will be watching her like that in the future. I hope in Act 2, whenever it comes, we see she's grown as a trainer. Maybe Hari-san or Fura-chan has evolved by that point? I would be up for either scenario, though I hope her Chespin evolving doesn't withhold Clemont's Chespin from evolving. I do want to see both of them evolve if possible.

Despite their relative shortness, I enjoyed the battles a lot. The visuals were very beautiful and Iwane's animation was lovely. I liked how savage many of those attacks and Mega Evolved Pokemon looked, it really did a great job playing upon just how dangerous they are. Mega Charizard VS. Mega Blastoise was the best battle, Dragon Pulse + Mega Evolution + Mega Launcher was simply stunning and it almost looked like a multi-colored Dragon Rage. I just really liked the innovation in the drawing style of the lot of the attacks, Dragon Claw, Flamethrower, Dragon Pulse. I saw a ton of Pokemon I really liked, I also liked how Blastoise VS. Charizard didn't end with Blastoise losing. Siebold's introduction was fitting and very amusing, XY is doing a good job of characterizing the Gym Leaders and I'm glad the Elite Four are following suit. I cannot wait to see this subbed to get a grasp 100% on everything.

Manon traveling with Alan made me smile, I actually like the idea of Manon doing gym battles(I hope she is given she has a Chespin and is just starting out and I've always wanted a competent female badge-collector) while Alan strives to become the best Mega Evolution user and strongest of them. I enjoy their interactions a lot and I could see a lot of good stuff coming out of them working together. Lysandre's surprise introduction was a bit out of the left field and was a sweet way to end the special, still I was so mesmerized by Alan and Manon that I wasn't too excited for Lysandre but it's nice that he's being introduced and this Team Flare plot line can get off the ground and going. That makes me happy, I'm wondering how they're connect this with the regular XY episodes in the future outside of Ayaka appearing.

I hope Clemont and Manon do meet in the future, imagine Bonnie "keeping" her for Clemont. That's a funny scenario.

The special was great i really like seeing other character besides ash getting the spotlight Also the battle would epic too with the mega evolution being op and all and the ending where how elite 4 member Siebold owned a Mega Charizard X with a Mega Blastoise with that's Dragon Pulse btw love the Blast Burn from Mega Charizard X,

And i know this is a bit off topic but why do i get the feeling that's Lysandre is not going to be water down like the other villain i mean the way they show him off in kind of a dark and edgy setting at the end of the special while watching over Alan on a screen made him look like he had the potential of being the most evil villain in the pokemon anime sense hunter j,

https://24.media.tumblr.com/609c9b9e...sc3ro1_400.png

https://31.media.tumblr.com/3b45be4d...sc3ro2_500.jpg

I mean he try to kill all life that's isn't of TF with the freaking ultimate/doomday weapons of his in the game and i think they are hinting at him being as evil if not more in the anime and i do see a Ash and Alan team up to stop TF and Lysandre in the future but yeah,

But again great special a 8 out of 10,
    i'm an Christian and accepted Jesus in my Heart, copy and paste This † if you are a Christen and a Children of God people to And if you have fate in him and proud of it!

I was born a male but you see i'm a transgender in other word i'm a girl in a man body to put its simple i identify myself as a female and i'm not scared to admitted!
    So say what's ever you like but i can care less and i'm a very loving and caring person anyway also i prefer to be call Krystal rather than my real name,

Also check out my YT and comment Like and subscribe
    https://www.youtube.com/user/DraBaha...cenny/featured
    Warning my Gaming video are family friendly

After the reaction Alan had when hearing about Satoshi,it's so clear that they'll meet.

AND WHAT WAS THAT STONE HE FOUND IN THE CAVE?

Was it a Gyaradosite?Does Lysandre want it now?
    Last edited by Nacreous; 4th April 2014 at 8:45 AM.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast