Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Mega Evolution I (XYSP1)

Quote Originally Posted by shadowF View Post
    does anyone know what was mega tyranitar's move when it was going to hit mega gyrados?
    That was mega Abomasnow, if you were talking about the opening scenes. They both used hyper beam, resulting in a DBZ style explosion.
    Still Waiting for this guy right here:

MEGA TYPHLOSION

Props to Tommycase for making this beauty!

Quote Originally Posted by Fullgrizzly94 View Post
    That was mega Abomasnow, if you were talking about the opening scenes. They both used hyper beam, resulting in a DBZ style explosion.
    really? I didn't know mega tyranitar's hyper beam was dark colured. I wonder why they were fighting though. would it be part of the plot? Also do you guys think mega mewtwo x and y are part of the plot since they were witnessing the battle? or was it just for markening purposes?
    White 2 Friend code : 1508-0208-9881
    Pokémon X Friend Code: 0275-7830-7079

Quote Originally Posted by shadowF View Post
    really? I didn't know mega tyranitar's hyper beam was dark colured. I wonder why they were fighting though. would it be part of the plot? Also do you guys think mega mewtwo x and y are part of the plot since they were witnessing the battle? or was it just for markening purposes?
    Probably showoff purposes. BTW all hyper beans are dark purplish colored now.

Signature Credit: The Comet
    My Tumblr

Talking about the Mega Stone that appeared near the end, I think it is a totally new Mega Stone. We saw Absolite, Blastoisinite and Charizardite X up close and they looked ridiculously similar to their game counterparts. But this new stone matches none completely. Color wise, to me, it looks like Gyaradosite/Heracronite/Pinsirite(top, crust) + Kangaskhanite(middle, mantle) + Houndoominite(centre, core) with outer shape similar to Old Amber. But since its color is not similar to any one stone, it has to be a new stone.

One thing I would like to point out is that the coloring matches Pikachu a little.
    P.S : I know thinking like that is kinda idiotic. Pikachu is not a fully evolved Pokemon and Mega Stones are colored according to the Mega Pokemon not the Pokemon they evolve.
    Chimchar sold more merchandise in DP than Piplup.

Quote Originally Posted by Umbilical Noose View Post
    Talking about the Mega Stone that appeared near the end, I think it is a totally new Mega Stone. We saw Absolite, Blastoisinite and Charizardite X up close and they looked ridiculously similar to their game counterparts. But this new stone matches none completely. Color wise, to me, it looks like Gyaradosite/Heracronite/Pinsirite(top, crust) + Kangaskhanite(middle, mantle) + Houndoominite(centre, core) with outer shape similar to Old Amber. But since its color is not similar to any one stone, it has to be a new stone.

One thing I would like to point out is that the coloring matches Pikachu a little.
    P.S : I know thinking like that is kinda idiotic. Pikachu is not a fully evolved Pokemon and Mega Stones are colored according to the Mega Pokemon not the Pokemon they evolve.
    Then again... not that idiotic. If there was a single Mega Evolution announced for a not-fully-evolved Pokemon, it would be Pikachu. Given that Pikachu has the Light Ball as a power-up held item, it's clear that GF wants it to be completely viable for serious use despite having an evolved form. I actually halfway expect Pikachu to get a Mega Evolution by Gen 6's end.

If only Serena had Manon's personality, that would have been great. Alan was great as well. Can't wait to see these two again.
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven. That which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts. Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
    Thank you FairyWitch for the banner!

Quote Originally Posted by thunder2910 View Post
    Why don't you think that it will be dubbed, I mean by the looks of it it will act as the prologue before the movie perhaps
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that whatever has aired in Japan will most likely come out dubbed, last year people doubted that Origins wouldn't get dubbed but in the end it did.
    If it is dubbed, for the love of GOD, do NOT let DuArt Film & Video/TPCi do it, IMO: The Origin's English dub is the first one I've actually liked since the 4Kids English dub of the Main Anime from '98-'06. Papenbrook, Bosch, Hebert, and the like could nail this as well if TPCi will actually let them and Viz Media dub it, IMO.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Alan remains somewhat bland in the subs too, typical cool, badass trainer who wants to be the strongest.

I do like what was said about Mega Evolution and the possible reason that it is only used in battles. I hope that future acts dwelve more into the mystery of Mega Evolution.

Seibold's word choices remind me of Cilan. Must be a cook thing.

And the subs definitely cleared up all my questions about the dialogue.

And Manon is amazing now that I understand her!
    Still Waiting for this guy right here:

MEGA TYPHLOSION

Props to Tommycase for making this beauty!

love the foreshadowing
    i kinda think that Opening battle scene with gyarados and abomasnow is Lysandre vs Wulfric
    and i think the voice who tell the location of mega stone is lysandre
    Welcome Gen VI

PIKACHU
    the mascot of pokemon franchise

Now I see it. I was blind but now I see.

There is a mystery that isn't addressed here, and that is where Alan had acquired his Key Stone and Evolution Stone, as well as the Man on the Phone who tells Alan regarding Mega Stones. My guess is that it is either for a liaison for Team Flare or, simplifying it, Lysandre ordering Alan around. My guess is that Alan acquired those stones from dubious sources, and I'm just gonna jump in there and say he got it from Team Flare. Here, that person is either having Alan collect as many Mega Stones as he can in exchange for giving Alan the stones to make him and his Charizard stronger in order for him to be able to beat other Mega Evolution Pokemon. On a related note, the Kabuki guy with the Garchomp was also told to get the Mega Stone in the ruins, so maybe, if any of the above is actually probable, there are other Mega Evolution trainers working for Team Flare.

However, there is a case of the "graph scene" during the battle with Siebold, and since we know Lysandre is observing, it is likely that Alan's goal in beating all Mega Evolution Pokemon is related to his plans? Why? Who knows, but maybe it is to "power up" Charizard. But what for? To enable it to beat the Mega Mewtwo's or something much more sinister? Why is Alan and that other guy following the orders of a Man on the Phone?

Curiouser and curiouser.

You heard it here first, folks.
    Hail to the glorious fighters!

Lysandre is possibly researching the hidden energy released upon Mega Evolution. Such energy 'could' be used to power the ancient weapon. (unless they go for Xerneas/Yveltal) It is also a theory of mine (as well as many other people) that the stone Alan retrieved is a Gyaradosite for Lysandre's Gyarados.

I watched the subs before coming here and it seems Janovy already stated what I was going to state. I can't wait until Ash and co get to meet Alan and Manon.

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    Lysandre is possibly researching the hidden energy released upon Mega Evolution. Such energy 'could' be used to power the ancient weapon. (unless they go for Xerneas/Yveltal) It is also a theory of mine (as well as many other people) that the stone Alan retrieved is a Gyaradosite for Lysandre's Gyarados.
    oh this one actually makes sense.

still i really wonder what act 2 will bring - all i'm sure is alan and manon will be part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by k6666 View Post
    and i think the voice who tell the location of mega stone is lysandre
    it was very obvious that it was lysandre's voice ( and i don't think it's xerosic either), since platane can't have a dark voice and limone is not part of that special.

Quote Originally Posted by raigeki333 View Post
    still i really wonder what act 2 will bring - all i'm sure is alan and manon will be part of it.
    The one and only thing ever stated about Act 2 anywhere are the words "Alan's adventure continues". So yeah, that much is confirmed.

Pokémon XY special top 5: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...rch-31-april-6

Not related to the topic but DBZkai enters the top 10.

A few days ago, the rest of the coding in the XY games was leaked and inside it were two moves called Thousand Arrows and Thousand Waves, both being the same exact thing as Land's Wrath but with different effects. It looks most likely as Zygarde might get two new formes but also a possibility of MegaZygarde X/Y instead since it has that whole DNA theme going on (it's tail looks like base pair codons). Also note how when a Pokémon MegaEvolves the DNA symbol is shown. Last, Zygarde's X Dex entry says it reveals it's secret power when the Kalos ecosystem is ruined.

Maybe Lysandre wants the possible Gyaradosite to use MegaGyarados and find Xerneas and/or Yveltal and take them to help with his plan but Zygarde finds out that one of them is under attack and gets involved somehow and tries restori

It sounds iffy but I really want Zygarde to be involved in a future act with its possible formes/MegaEvolutions in some way considering the newly discovered moves might relate to its "secret power".

Quote Originally Posted by Dragalge View Post
    It sounds iffy but I really want Zygarde to be involved in a future act with its possible formes/MegaEvolutions in some way considering the newly discovered moves might relate to its "secret power".
    I'd like that too, but don't get your hopes up - third game mascots never get a good role in the tv show. It's likely to get a good movie role though.

rewatches the mega evolution special - about manon she was telling a story about satoshi's incident with a garchomp, could that imply the story happens sometime later and not during the time satoshi sets his kalos journey - by the time this story was told, i bet satoshi had already reach shalour city perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by raigeki333 View Post
    rewatches the mega evolution special - about manon she was telling a story about satoshi's incident with a garchomp, could that imply the story happens sometime later and not during the time satoshi sets his kalos journey - by the time this story was told, i bet satoshi had already reach shalour city perhaps.
    I don't think the writers will casually jump forward in time in the plot. This special happened...between the normal story stopped to let this event happen.

Yay, lysandre finally appears. Wonder why they waited so long?

Anybody know when the next part's gonna air?
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

Friend code-1375 7776 2368-Heather

My Pangoro in the 6th gen remake of a 3rd gen game will be my future 63rd hundred. This is a great epiphany.

Quote Originally Posted by CrusherTheFeraligatr View Post
    Yay, lysandre finally appears. Wonder why they waited so long?

Anybody know when the next part's gonna air?
    we get more information about act 2 in the june coro coro magazine, so i think the act 2 might fall somewhere this august or september.

So it seems that everything i was gonna mention with the subs being added was mentioned...except one thing.

This is something I'm surprised they're talking about so much, and it's the fact that mega evolution only happens in kalos.

I thought they weren't gonna mention it that much because it was just never introduced because it was a new idea to put into the games, but it kinda seems like it's breaking the 4th wall a bit where the characters are actually questioning why it only happened in their region. I feel like there will be an actual reason discovered why it never happened anywhere else and if they actually continue to focus on it this much, I'd be very surprised.
    Friends are family you choose

Damn this episode was incredible.

If i had a favorite part, it's definitely the Ash saving Garchomp reference, if that's not a foreshadowing to Ash's Charizard vs Alan's Charizard i don't know what is but please make it happen, or at the very least let the travelling groups meet.

The battles were intense, Alan was strong yet not overconfident and eventually losing which was a perfect balance, i liked how he was serious yet not a jerk. Also it seems apparent Lysander is commanding him to get Mega Stones which will almost definitely be a serious plot later on.

Great episode, can't wait for Ash to get further into the region and be as strong as this.

9/10.

I'm surprised we're getting this special at all. I thought it'd be shown along the Diancie movie for the US.

...I guess we're not going to catch up to the Japanese episodes this year by one episode.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast