Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Going for Gold (825)

Default Going for Gold (825)

Fish the Golden Magikarp!

Ash & Co. have arrived at Ambrette Town and decide to head towards the special aquarium, where many Water-type Pokémon have been collected from around the world. Meeting the curator and his Clauncher, Ash & co. learn that he is hunting for a special shiny Magikarp. Ash & co. decide to help him find the special Magikarp, with Clemont creating a special machine to help. However, things aren't as easy as they seem. Will Ash & Co. manage to help him find the Magikarp?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

The episode starts with Serena running along a hill, with the others behind her, until they stop and see Ambrette town, in front of them.

They then arrive on the beach of Ambrette town and Ash brings out Froakie.

Pikachu, Froakie , Bonnie and Dedenne are playing in the ocean.

As h and co. then enter the town's aquarium and speak to the woman at the main desk.

Bonnie asks the woman if she will marry Clemont, but Clemont uses his Aipom arm and drags her away.

Ash and co. then walk through the aquarium and enjoy the sights of the water Pokemon.

A Stunfisk camouflages itself on the sea floor, but then reveals itself, much to Ash's enjoyment.

There is now a group of Wooper.

Two Piplup are walking through a door and one says hello to Serena.

3 Piplup then jump into an outside pool.

Ash is happy to see a bunch of Magikarp's and then a man with a Chatot on his shoulder comes over and talks to them.

He then tells them about a man who is trying to catch a Golden Magikarp.

Team Rocket are following behind Ash and co. and are in some disguises.

The man who is trying to get the Shiny Magikarp, isn't having much luck and now Ash and co. have caught up to him.

The man, Louden, is on a rock fishing with his Clauncher nearby.

Louden then tells Ash and co. a story about himself, when he was younger, at least, I think it's about him.

Team Rocket show up again in their Magikarp submarine, underwater.

Ash and co. are now trying to help Louden get the Shiny Magikarp as well.

Bonnie tries to say hello to Louden's Clauncher.

Dare Da? Clauncher.

Serena hooks something on her line and Ash and Clemont come over to help pull it in.

Serena hooks a Corsola, which she tries to battle with her Fennekin.

Bonnie is talking to Clauncher again and Dedenne is trying to play with Clauncher, but Clauncher gets annoyed.

Clauncher traps Dedenne's tail on the ground and then Dedenne zaps Clauncher, which Bonnie gets angry at.

Team Rocket have, or are in the middle of building a big, golden Magikarp machine.

Clemont is now telling the others about his new invention, which attracts Magikarp to the it. It looks like a Chincou.

A Sharpedo comes out of the water and tries to attack Ash and Serena.

Team Rocket are in their submarine in the water and are attacked by what appears to be, the same Starmie from Louden's story, with an electric attack.

Ash and co. have all hooked something big, which is actually the fake, shiny Magikarp that Team Rocket built.

Team Rocket pop out of the top and recite their motto.

Jessie then gets angry for some reason.

Team Rocket go back into their machine and try to grab the groups Pokemon on the beach, like Clauncher and Dedenne.

Dedenne gets captured, but Clauncher stops it.

Team Rocket brings out their Pokemon.

Pumpkaboo uses Shadow Ball and Inkay uses Psywave I think.

Clauncher attacks the two Pokemon, before Ash finishes Team Rocket off with Pikachu's Thunderbolt.

As the sun sets, Ash and co. are still trying to catch the golden Magikarp and something happens that makes Louden happy. I think he saw it and/or captured it.

Ash and co. then walk off after saying goodbye.

To be continued.
    Last edited by playerking; 10th April 2014 at 12:23 PM.

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

So the episode starts with the gang arriving in Ambrette Town heading to the beach, playing in the sea.
    Serena looks on her device and is adamant to go the aquarium. The golden Magikarp is on the screen. Apparently Ash is the focus in today's episode.
    They walk about the aquarium and see a plethora of water types swimming around them (and Stunfisk >grr )
    Apparently, Ash uses his pokedex on mere Magikarp.
    The owner of the aquarium appears with a Chatot on his shoulder.
    The owner tells them about the Gold Magikarp and that others are trying to catch it.
    It turns out, a mere fisherman owns my beloved Clauncher and Clemont (love the guy) recognizes it instantly.
    While Pikachu interacts with Clauncher, TR is in yet ANOTHER Magikarp submarine.
    The fisherman hooks a simple Magikarp and the gang all attempt to get one as well. Ash shows Serena the ropes how to fish.
    Bonnie tries to interact with the Clauncher, fails.
    Dare da? Clauncher.
    Serena battles a Corsola and fails to attack it.
    Clauncher gets a hold of Dedenne's tail and blasts it away. This Clauncher has a bit of an attitude. Oh boy!!! Hopes are being fueled.
    Apparently TR has the "bright" idea of making their sub golden.
    Clemont makes a device shaped like a Chinchou (good taste) to look for the Magikarp.
    SHARPEDO!!! They blow apart the device.
    TR gets shocked by a Starmie underwater.
    Clemont is undeterred and makes ANOTHER device based on Lanturn. Love his tenacity.
    Now everyone's lines are caught on TR's sub. You expect them to pull up something THAT heavy? I don't believe it.
    TR comes out and they do their motto.
    Clauncher dodges their claws and totally shows them what for.
    My mon Clauncher totally defeats them with Pikachu's help.
    NOO the Clauncher stays with the fisherman!! Filler, ugh.
    Oh well... something that awesome couldn't possibly fit with the team anyway...
    hopes smashed to pieces...

Sylveon.
    Last edited by realarcastform; 10th April 2014 at 12:30 PM.
    Fiery Oxidation!
    -The spark plug of versatility.
    - Cutest fire type ever!
    ★ Signature was over the maximum height so it was eaten. Read the Sig Rules! Oyeak.
    Hmm, what should I do today? Mow the lawn or cook a casserole?
    Lawnmower, what did I tell you, don't eat the signatures! DIED: May 29, 2009
    Reobtained June 07, 2009- Used against Fantina
    Guys, Ashy Boy knew what he was doing against Morty- Noctowl kicks ghost hiney indefinitely.

Stunfisk and Piplup? Never thought we will be seeing wild ones.
    In snow, the pure white coat covering its body obscures it from predators.
    Dewgong

Inb4 Serena + Piplup or DP remakes!
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

That Clauncher is one hell of a Pokemon, totally badass.
    Chimchar sold more merchandise in DP than Piplup.

Quote Originally Posted by IcySealeo View Post
    Stunfisk and Piplup? Never thought we will be seeing wild ones.
    well its the anime, any wild can appear even the starters

yeah a lot of water pokemon appear when they are fishing

sadly serena didn't get that corsola though at least she battle - that's what is more important
    Last edited by SerenaForTheWin; 10th April 2014 at 12:31 PM.

Do you we could officially call Serena and Fennekin's battle with Corsola as their first unofficial battle?
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

Piplup are looking a lot better...

As for Clauncher...I must raise one of them now...Was the combination of Mega Launcher+Water Pulse shown? And did Misty's special lure appear on Ash's rod? (I had to duck out of those and the end scenes to quiet my cat...but I did see Clauncher)

Overall:Still a filler, but Clauncher is a a Thriller.

This also takes care of the obligatory fishing mechanics advertisement eppy. I'm looking forward to Skrelp and Dragalge at this rate.(With the icy dinosaurs in an out-of-place taiga-like forest in-between two beaches story before that)
    MUCHA HAWLUCHA, YEAH!

Filler episode in its purest definition, the entire aquarium scene is padding for the episode before the plot kicks in.

Highlights:
    -Return of the Magikarp Submarine (Gold edition)
    -Serena trying to catch Corsola, and Fennekin's consistent characterization as a neat freak. Surely, this would be addressed later, aww yeah she's gonna git down and dirty.
    -Tsundere Clauncher
    -Ash referencing indirectly Dawn's Piplup. The Piplup themselves feel so strange to me, like they're actual little penguins.
    -Ash teaching Serena how to cast her fishing line among other fishing-related minutiae.

And it seems Starmies with Thunderbolts will be the Beedrills of the seas.

Complaints would be the writers having Ash scan Magikarp when Serena is perfectly able of doing so, for christ sakes. No Misty Lure this episode, if I recall correctly, since Serena hasn't spilled spaghetti like the BP Oil Spill.
    Hail to the glorious fighters!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    Do you we could officially call Serena and Fennekin's battle with Corsola as their first unofficial battle?
    Not really, that would probably be against Pumpkaboo.

What attack did Serena command if she did command an attack??
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Complaints would be the writers having Ash scan Magikarp when Serena is perfectly able of doing so, for christ sakes. No Misty Lure this episode, if I recall correctly, since Serena hasn't spilled spaghetti like the BP Oil Spill.
    the upside down characterization is here - and the little star serena is about to shine bit by bit.

-Ash teaching Serena how to cast her fishing line among other fishing-related minutiae.
    Looks like Ash remembers a few tips and pointers from Fishing Connoisseur Cilan

Heh? I don't get it (I mean I know about the BP Oil spill, but I don't get the reference/comparison)
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

I'm in a hiatus (forced in a way) but because this is brought up:

-The Piplup group doesn't appear to be wild. I don't know yet if Ash references soimething here directly or indirectly about Dawn's Piplup.

Serena: Pochama sure are friendly to humans, huh?

Satoshi: The one I knew tended to get carried away a little, though…
    Cute scene, sweet little piece of continuity as well.

Pochama looked very cute, the art style seemed to have made the species a bit more rounder though in a nice way.
    Last edited by Doryuzu; 10th April 2014 at 2:18 PM.

Heh? I don't get it (I mean I know about the BP Oil spill, but I don't get the reference/comparison)
    You see, every time Serena becomes nervous or concerned about something regarding Ash, she boils spaghetti in her pockets, not that terrible kind your mother cooks, but al dente ones from five star restaurants, and she can't help but spill it all over herself every time. The Misty Lure, a keepsake from a girl Ash knows, would've fed thousands of people from the sheer multitude of spaghetti Serena would spill at the sight of it, Serena would've been like Jesus there but I digress.
    Hail to the glorious fighters!

If Ash were to tell Serena that he still keeps that trinket from the time he traveled with his good (lady) friend Misty, she would supposedly "spill spaghetti"/freak out of pure jealousy.. A very weird comparison though..

So we have a reference to DP! Good to have!
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

yay Serena get to battle and get down and dirty

Guys, what moves if any, did Fennekin use and did Serena actually command her??
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Fenniken ran away when the battle started

Quote Originally Posted by p96822 View Post
    Fenniken ran away when the battle started
    Can't exactly blame it, Rock/Water isn't exactly something good for a fire type to face off with.

Random Starmie with Thunderbolt=awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    Can't exactly blame it, Rock/Water isn't exactly something good for a fire type to face off with.

Random Starmie with Thunderbolt=awesome.
    It was awesome to see Thunderbolting Starmie agian. It was awesome to see good moves on good Pokemon

OMG THE PIPLUP
    I WANNA HUG THEM

The episode wasn't as bad as I thought it would. Short and sweet, I would say. Serena attempting to catch Corsola was cute, and that can mean she will probably try again in a near future. Exactly what I was hoping for. The Clauncher was adorable and funny, too. Loved it.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

I wished there would be Oshawott in the episode, but Piplup is okay

.....I feel like this episode was promoting chain fishing.
    Friends are family you choose

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast