Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Going for Gold (825)

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    Serena totally didn't need the help of her friends.

What is this show doing, teaching girls that they can depend on their friends when they are unfamiliar with something.

So stereotypical.
    Ikr? I can't believe there's complaining because Serena asked for a little help from her friends, hahah you see everything...

A filler in its pure form but an entertaining one and that's all that matters in the end 8/10

XY is sure doing a great job with its fillers so far.

This episode was cute. Clauncher was adorable in my opinion, although Bonnie's interactions with it became tiresome after a while. I loved all the Water-type Pokemon too, except those Piplup; I would've preferred an Oshawott cameo tbh.

I don't think I heard the name Hikari when I watched the episode, so did Ash really said Dawn's name or he just mentioned he used to know a Piplup ?

As for Serena...

I'd be used to see that more often any time, any day! She looks beautiful when she throws her Pokéball, no kidding!
    Last edited by The Prince of May; 11th April 2014 at 12:13 AM.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Quote Originally Posted by The Prince of May View Post
    I don't think I heard the name Hikari when I watched the episode, so did Ash really said Dawn's name or he just mentioned he used to know a Piplup ?
    It was something along these lines:

Serena: Piplup sure are friendly to humans, huh?

Ash: The one I knew tended to get carried away a little, though…
    So an indirect reference.

Ash still hasnt forgotten "Piplup Tantrum the Episode" alternately titled "Piplup and Away"

Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    It was something along these lines:

So an indirect reference.
    That's cute, thanks! I thought the Piplup in that episode were adorable. Seeing Piplup from times to times and not full-time really makes a big difference, does it.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

I don't get why Serena not knowing how to fish and relying on her friends is an issue. Not everyone knows how to fish the first time around.

Anyway for a fishing episode this was actually decent. Clauncher & Dedenne's interaction's were funny to me and I like how Clauncher saves the day while looking really cool at it too. Nice to see Godfisk make an appearance again as well.

Overall 7.5/10 I'd rate it higher if Piplup weren't here but the reference to Dawn's Piplup was good at least.

y'all realize that Ash is fishing in XY024 right? While the chances are really slim, the Misty lure could appear in that episode.

about the episode, i think it was ok for me

- the writers did a nice job on introducing an aquarium to show the existence of water pokemons.
    - how nice to see the water pokemon swimming around the aquarium
    -starmie knows thunderbolt? can it learn this in the games?
    - ash does refer to piplup but he didn't state it was clearly dawn though i think he knows it in his heart.
    - wow serena doesn't know how to fish and has to ask advice from ash and clemont
    - if i'm not mistaken aside from louden, ash and serena did the most rounds of fishing unfortunately all of them ended up fishing the golden magikarp used by team rocket
    - and it also looks like louden has saw the golden magikarp, he didn't caught it because magikarp dives back to the water.

what i really love to see in this episode was basically pokemon and character interactions especially serena who eventually got at least something to do and even attempt to go battle corsola unfortunately poor fennekin she is afraid of water.

hehe overall i'll give it a 8.5/10

Quote Originally Posted by The Prince of May View Post
    I'd be used to see that more often any time, any day! She looks beautiful when she throws her Pokéball, no kidding!
    girls have their own way of throwing their poke ball, like throwing it gracefully in the mid-air.
    Last edited by SerenaForTheWin; 11th April 2014 at 1:42 AM.

One of the better XY episodes, IMO.

As usual, Clemont was good, but what else is new there?

Ash was okay-- nothing special, but nothing horrible, either: I did like how he referred to Dawn's Piplup myself, though. Never will understand why the fandom hates it so much, even if it was really whiny (I mean, we had DP Brock and DP TR back then for god sakes...not that XY TR hasn't been even more horrible holistically this saga, but you get the idea).

TR was...meh, for once this saga, they didn't suck outside of the Malamar episode, but I was so indifferent to them here. I did like how the Magikarp Submarine thing is back, though!

Serena was...poor here. Better than usual, but she didn't do much of anything at all until she tried to battle, but that was an epic fail because her idiotic Fennekin had to run away and chicken out.

Bonnie was horrendous, and that gag has REALLY gotten old, yet we're only...what, 22 episodes into this saga? Not a good sign.

Serena's Fennekin was the worst, but I described that in sufficient detail, more or less.

Rating: 7.1/10
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 11th April 2014 at 1:46 AM.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post

Bonnie was horrendous, and that gag has REALLY gotten old, yet we're only...what, 22 episodes into this saga? Not a good sign.
    The gag of…having fun with Pokemon and enjoying the sites?

Quote Originally Posted by Soniman View Post
    The gag of…having fun with Pokemon and enjoying the sites?
    No, the wife for Clemont gag, of course.

I don't have a problem with what you said, though, but she doesn't have the kind of depth I'm looking for.
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Cant believe i actually tought piplup was cute...Man not seeing him everyday does make wonders.

Tbolt starmie was a nice touch if i must say, I really loved fennekin epic fail it kinda set some personality to the lil fox. It was nice to see dedenne domsomething more than just sleeping.

Thats all i can think about...well bar how people crticize a rhyhornracer girl that probably has never fished in her life about being unaware of how to fish...I sometimes dont understand the fandom.
    Who said moe cant be Gar?

Fc Ixchen: 0559-7194-5664
    Poison safari : Muk Cascoon Venomoth

I HATE the Hoenn region and its winguls with a passion that can burn steel beams. But i love move tutors, Lets see how this goes...

Bonnie wedding gag hasn't gotten old yet because this is her fourth time doing it

The Bonnie gag really disturbed me this episode based on how much older the woman looked compared to clemont.

Other than that, I quite enjoyed this episode. I honestly had low expectations for this episode a while back, but it really surprised me. For a filler, it was pretty good. Liked ash naming off the water pokes at the aquarium, minus dexing magikarp. Should hopefully enjoy next weeks even more.

Quote Originally Posted by p96822 View Post
    Bonnie wedding gag hasn't gotten old yet because this is her fourth time doing it
    I mean it's just gone stale for me because it creeps me out and it disturbed me here with that much older woman than Clemont.

Her gag isn't nearly as abused as, say...Brock's was in DP, but that doesn't mean it hasn't gone dry for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Disaster_Lord View Post

Thats all i can think about...well bar how people crticize a rhyhornracer girl that probably has never fished in her life about being unaware of how to fish...I sometimes dont understand the fandom.
    No, we criticize her for not doing much of anything other than crushing on Ash most of the time-- even here, she did next to nothing until she decided to battle, where she failed at that because Fennekin couldn't muster any courage to do so.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 11th April 2014 at 2:30 AM.

I don't feel that creeper out about Bonnie getting an older lady for her brother. I think she look like she was in her early 20ths or something like that

A gag getting old isn't just about how much it's done, it's how it's used and how much variation (if any) is there.
    So much credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner!

Quote Originally Posted by Benny+Lilia+Ash View Post
    A gag getting old isn't just about how much it's done, it's how it's used and how much variation (if any) is there.
    Exactly: depends on all three things, IMO. That said, one thing alone doesn't necessarily make it bad, but two or more...yeah.

I don't feel that creeper out about Bonnie getting an older lady for her brother. I think she look like she was in her early 20ths or something like that
    I do, personally: I mean, she's like a little girl, but she's finding a wife, a fully grown woman, for her slightly older brother? Thinking about it for a while, that's just plain creepy, IMO: at least Brock's perversion I understood seeing as he was a teenager at the time, but Bonnie's gag is a different story.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 11th April 2014 at 2:41 AM.

well i think the gag work with Bonnie better then it did with Brock because it been used in other anime before. Bonnie turns the gag upside of head, it is Bonnie looking for Clemount a wife/girlfriend because she know that she can't take care of him forever. It more thinking about herself and Clemont of a person to help clemount and for Bonnie to have lots of fun with. i think it really creepy and cute that she is doing this for her brother and seeing his reaction are much funnier then when Brock does it.

well i think the gag work with Bonnie better then it did with Brock because it been used in other anime before. Bonnie turns the gag upside of head, it is Bonnie looking for Clemount a wife/girlfriend because she know that she can't take care of him forever. It more thinking about herself and Clemont of a person to help clemount and for Bonnie to have lots of fun with. i think it really creepy and cute that she is doing this for her brother and seeing his reaction are much funnier then when Brock does it.
    It's creepy in my opinion, especially given that the lady who she proposed to was a lot older than Clemont. Also, I thought that Clemont took care of Bonnie, not the other way around?

i think it really creepy and cute that she is doing this for her brother and seeing his reaction are much funnier then when Brock does it.
    You know, I CAN agree with this-- it's just that the creepy part has lately been outweighing the cute part, man.

That said, to me Brock's flirting gag was really hilarious in the OS and most of AG, not being overdone constantly, but then just started getting overdone in BF, and by DP was horrendous and at one point even had him doing nothing but solely flirting with women and being poison jabbed by Croagunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    It's creepy in my opinion, especially given that the lady who she proposed to was a lot older than Clemont. Also, I thought that Clemont took care of Bonnie, not the other way around?
    Bonnie is trying to take care of her brother making it a two way street

All this "it's creepy" crap is just like the people complaining about Meyer hooking Clemont up with Serena in Ep 9. Absolutely nothing creepy about a little sister doing this kind of thing. And just like the situation in ep 9 I am speaking from experience. Still really embarrassing irl though.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    All this "it's creepy" crap is just like the people complaining about Meyer hooking Clemont up with Serena in Ep 9. Absolutely nothing creepy about a little sister doing this kind of thing. And just like the situation in ep 9 I am speaking from experience. Still really embarrassing irl though.
    Seriously, I think people have an extremely low threshold for what's considered creepy because it's a very common thing with little sisters embarrassing their older siblings like this.

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    Well, excuse us for having an opinion about it being creepy for a little girl to be asking for a WIFE for her SLIGHTLY OLDER brother.
    Did your little sister really ask older women to marry you in every day life? I sure as hell don't consider this kind of behavior normal, personally-- maybe it's also cute, but it can get disturbing.

Quote Originally Posted by Soniman View Post
    Seriously, I think people have an extremely low threshold for what's considered creepy because it's a very common thing with little sisters embarrassing their older siblings like this.
    Embarassing them? Yes. Asking for older women to be their slightly older brother's wife? No.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast