Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stupid Things You Did: Serebii Forums Noob

When I was still a new SPPf member, I recall posting in all caps in a post, and then I was advised to not type like that.

Since then, I've always been careful about the way I post.

Credit: Blood Red Absol

3DS Friend Code: 2681-0769-5068
    Name: Misa
    Friend Safari: Dragon (Gabite, Noibat, Sliggoo)

....I guess making a few stupid threads/threads that were already covering the same topic...
    Also, the debate section. I tried posting in it once and I got completely swamped with 'logic' and posts etc...
    Another thing, because it's hard to guess a person's tone of voice without markers like '/sarcasm', I often take things the wrong way, too seriously or I get upset over nothing.
    Varanus on the General Chat Thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    You're not a kid anymore once you join this thread. 2 minutes here and all innocence you once had is lost.
    3DS FC:
    4940 - 6535 - 5488

Friend Safari: Fighting:
    Pancham, Machoke, Tyrogue.
    PM me if you add me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurry View Post
    Registered an account
    that, but unironically
    last.fm
    facebook

OFFICIAL ATTACK HUCKSTER OF SPP
    If you see this sig in the debate forum, you're definitely doing something wrong.

I've done the dreaded double post on an old account I used to use here. More than once. I then didn't post here for a good 4 years or so, so when I came back I just re-registered. I didn't like my old username :P hah

1. Was so gay people thought I was a girl

Why?

Only had pink Pokemon in my sig, had a banner of beauty and the beast, and wrote in really light girly colors and hearts and smilies. Oh my twink days.

2. I wrote with color.

3. I had ridiculously humongous signatures that took me hours to complete and kept changing them a couple times a week. You can see I just don't care about a sig anymore.

This is my sig.

I bumped a thread in the Clubs section and then asked if it was okay to do that in the Infractions thread.

And I bumped a two-year-old thread in the Entertainment section...I saw the date of the most recent reply, thought it said March of 2014, only to realize that it was actually 2012 after I had posted.
    your gif was WAY too big so it was removed. read the sig rules.

Wow #Tbt

R3meMb3r wH3n ! u$3d 2 t@lK lYk3 D!$

Yeah now I see how dumb that was! It took a spiritual retreat from this forum for me to get that. Smh -_-
    Pokemon Journals
    Kanto Region:complete
    Johto Region:in progress

Posting VMs on my own wall. I never used such system before ^^'
    I'm a Christian and I have autism. Both makes people special. Does this mean I'm double special? The answer is ''No'' because everyone is equally special.

Due to personal stuff, I'm not as often online as I was before. I'm sorry if this causes any inconvenience.

And this Future seems to be a Wild one
    Claimed Scyther

Thanks to Chapter of Charizard for the Button

Getting curious what those letters in the button stand for? Find the introduction of the PASBL here

Quote Originally Posted by Zelphon View Post
    The notion that one's maturity is desided by what they enjoy is steeped in immaturity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster Guy View Post
    Arceus gave zero ****s that day...

Trying to post pictures in a post (still have no clue.

Thinking people were going to respond to a Noob.
    Claimed

Humouring idiots.

When I first joined I was still new to forums, so it took me a little while until I was sure that chatspeak wasn't really appropriate. Also, excessive emoticons.
    Ever wanted to attend a Pokémon convention?
    Check out Pokéthon, a new sub-event at Otakuthon in Montreal, Canada this August!

Like us on Facebook for news and updates!

I made a bunch of stupid threads for the hell of it.

Cipher sent us to hell - but we're going even deeper - take back every Pokemon that we've lost!
    Wakin, I'm already a demon...
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

I took everything on the forum a little too seriously. The relationships with my friends and modding in particular. I developed a few idiosyncrasies: I used emoticons wayyyy too much, especially the "anime"-like ones such as 'XD' and '^_^'. Bleh. I also got into the habit of calling people 'sweetie' for whatever reason. I guess I was trying to be nice, but it just probably ended up being patronizing and/or just stupid sounding.

I also used to draw really ****ty images for people whenever they asked. I don't know which is worse: that I would just do it for whoever asked or that the drawings themselves were horrible. haha
    Alpha SapphireL

I found myself being unable to post links for three days, after messaging Serebii he told me I got the 'Spambot' treatment because my post count was under 10. Gotta love spambots.

I was a little bit of a braggart, if I recall, which has thankfully stopped now. I also forgot to read the rules of the shiny hunting thread, and only realised what happened when someone messaged me about it. I'm still sorry for that.

Stupid thing as well- rather than joining the conversation of a visitor message, I'd accidentally send one to myself.
    This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Earth Wolf-Howl (formerly Warrior Scolipede)

FC: 2707-2741-9594
    Friend Safari: Sunkern, Sawsbuck, Maractus

I have claimed Pyroar!

Quote Originally Posted by Hexin' Wishes View Post
    Oh, we were supposed to?
    Most newbies on Sppf are saying hi in the newbie lounge. So that the others know more about them.

I made a signature without consulting the rules. (It is pretty much the same as the current design)

It was removed for being too wide and being too big in general.
    Everyone together! ˇ 大家聚合!ˇ Alles zusammen! ˇ 모두 함께! ˇ 一緒にみんな!

Source: Bulbapedia

White 2 - Drake - 2838 9377 2007
    3DS - 0232-7984-8655
    Shinies:
    DWFs: PM for details.

Open GMT 1100-1600 on weekdays & GMT 0000-1600 on weekends.
    Important info may be given through voice chat during trades.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

I've said some embarrassing things on my first 2 months on serebii.

1. I posted a terrible team on the Older Gen RMT section. I didn't know how to EV train, my natures sucked and most of my move sets were bad. I wasn't even remotely as good of a player as I thought I was.

2. I posted a thread about Kishin (from Soul Eater) vs. Super Saiyan (from Dragonball Z). Super Saiyans won by default and I was flamed for asking that question.

Back when I joined (though I didn't get extremely active until a year later):
    1) I never made an intro post in the newbie section.
    2) I lacked text etiquette.
    3) I mini-modded once or twice in the #spp/#spp-wifi IRC chats without realizing; was warned for it and never did it again since.

Bringing victory from battle as an elegant ruler... Eve, the Queen of the Nasods!

Trinity League's: Psychic Mistress | Resort Manager (Wi-fi UU)
    ---

Banner + Facility Badges: Sworn Metalhead | Espeon Badge: Northern Lights | Current Xat Avatar: EmiiLava | Rawr~ <3

I used to make dreadful CRMT's in Gen V. I made one, and ALL of the Pokemon ended up being switched out, and in the end I had like 25 replies or something. Sucked at competitive teams then, and I still suck at competitive teams now.

Thanks to epicjirachifan from The Comet Graphics for the Fire Emblem Banner!

When I was new to this forum and forums in general I really didn't know how to disagree with anyone without being hateful, and I really cringe when I think about how badly I treated other users back then.

If whoever reads this happens to be one of those guys, I want to say I'm sorry.
    Signature edited due to exceeding total image size limits. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Oh, geez, where do I start? Well for one, an alarming portion of my newbie posts (or even the ones I made a couple years in) were so gratingly hyperactive and otaku and sprinkled with smileys and sprites. And THEN there was the time I tried starting a "personal blog" thread--I actually got an official warning over that. *shudders* Good GOD, the foolishness... >_<;

Fantasy remains a human right: we make in our measure and in our derivative mode, because we are made: and not only made, but made in the image and likeness of a Maker.
    ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Most of the stupid things I did in a forum related to smileys and RPGs. Back before I joined these forums, I was mainly on some anime-based forum, and I used smileys a LOT. Although, on that forum it was pretty easy to do, as they had a lot of really elaborate/humorous smileys. I especially used them in the RPG forum, so when I joined these forums, which discourage the use of smilies in the RPG forum, I had to make serious efforts to cut back on them.

Speaking of the RPG forum, the previous forum I was on came out with an RPG section one day. I didn't know anything about play-by-post RPGs at the time; I looked at all the threads there and they seemed to be a bunch of people collaborating to write a story. So I posted in one of the story threads and had a character or two of my own interact with the others, and got a lot of weird reactions from the participants. They also had a separate forum for sparring; I once got in trouble for posting in a sparring thread and jumping into the fight without permission. Served me right for not reading the rules first...

On these forums, the only stupid thing I can recall doing was also in the RPG forum; I signed up for an RPG with specific roles to fill. Someone else had already taken the role I wanted, but I signed up for it anyway. The GM didn't get mad at me, but he did have us each do writing samples as a sort of contest to see who would get the spot. I wrote mine first, and the other person competing for the spot then wrote something that was clearly much better than what I wrote. I felt like such a jerk afterwards...

Oh, and I also remember posting a thread in the Miscellaneous forum (this was on the old forum, not here) that basically had me complaining about how nobody liked me and how stupid I was, accompanied by lots of crying smilies. Needless to say, the thread got closed pretty quickly.
    Last edited by Kiruria; 10th June 2014 at 11:26 AM.

I have claimed Celestia Ludenberg from Dangan Ronpa. --My Updated RPer profile--

RPG's I'm in now: The Secrets of August Manor (Daisy and Tiffany), Gauntlet of the Greek God Guardians (Zuri), Castle of the Vampire King (Bianca and Lilith), The Savage Era: The Blood Crown (Venifica)
    Current RPG Project: Earthbound: The Rainbow Omen (Sign-ups) (RPG thread) (Discussion)

I was too nice when I started this forum. (Im like that irl) I shouldn't be too nice to people on here because I don't know them, and I probably won't see anyone on here irl. Anyways, I really regret it because there are certain users to took/take advantage of me :$
    Signature under construction

I tried to show some mods their wrong ways. Of course, that never goes the way you expected it to be, and you get an infraction on your bottom.

Number of Genwunners = 100
    Number of people accused of being a Genwunner = 100 000 000 000 000 000
    Number of people complaning about Genwunners = 100 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast