Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: E3 2014 Prediction Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    I didn't ask though, I said "If it is PS4 only" because nothing is confirmed at this point.

I thought about Mega Groudon and Kyogre for a second and then imagined how overpowered that would be. Bring it.
    "If it is PS4 only I'll finally have something that will make me want to buy a PS4."
    Okay, you didn't ask. But the game is being co-developed with SCEJ Studio. It's most likely going to be on PS4 rather than PS3. Even if nothing is confirmed yet, as long as any of the big three's first-party studios helps work on a game, there's absolutely zero reason to suspect it won't be exclusive.

I predict Rockstar is gonna be at Sony's press conference and revive Agent. I can't remember exactly, but I think it was also revealed at Sony's 2009 press con. If TLG's rumored to be getting a revival, why not also Agent?
    "What's The Last Guardian? Does he mean The Last of Us? Oh, Noctis! He's the last crystal guardian."

Quote Originally Posted by SazandoraIsAwesome View Post
    "If it is PS4 only I'll finally have something that will make me want to buy a PS4."
    Okay, you didn't ask. But the game is being co-developed with SCEJ Studio. It's most likely going to be on PS4 rather than PS3. Even if nothing is confirmed yet, as long as any of the big three's first-party studios helps work on a game, there's absolutely zero reason to suspect it won't be exclusive.
    Well tbh if it was on PS4 and Xbone it'd still just be a reason for me to buy a PS4.

I predict Rockstar is gonna be at Sony's press conference and revive Agent. I can't remember exactly, but I think it was also revealed at Sony's 2009 press con. If TLG's rumored to be getting a revival, why not also Agent?
    Wow that "reveal" was 5 years ago.

Just finished Jet Set Radio Future today. I'd **** bricks if that series got a revival.

Well tbh if it was on PS4 and Xbone it'd still just be a reason for me to buy a PS4.

Wow that "reveal" was 5 years ago.

Just finished Jet Set Radio Future today. I'd **** bricks if that series got a revival.
    Time flies by quickly, huh? Half a decade already passed, and it just feels like yesterday. I forget the name, but there's a game currently on Kickstarter (I think) that's taking inspiration from JSR's traversal gameplay. I saw it on GAF last month, but I just can't remember the name.

There was supposed to be a JSR game for the Wii, but sadly didn't get made. Here's an info from Wikipedia
    "At the end of Jet Set Radio Future, there is an in-game mention of a possible sequel: during the final cutscene, DJ Professor K says "There's trouble on the streets again?, Who's gonna rise to the call, huh?, Remember, the streets don't wait for no one!"[2] During the early stage of the Nintendo Wii, Kuju Entertainment would make concept for a Jet Set Radio for the Wii. But, when Kuju Ent. presented the idea for a Jet Set Radio Wii, Sega said they were not interested into making a new Jet Set Radio for any console leaving "Jet Set Radio Future" the current version of the series[3]To this date, Sega has made no mention of a pending sequel to the game."

That was 8 years ago. Who knows if they've been pitching again the idea for a reboot or a sequel? The HD re-released did come out late 2012, so I think Sega was testing if there was still demand for the franchise. I don't know if they sold well though.
    "What's The Last Guardian? Does he mean The Last of Us? Oh, Noctis! He's the last crystal guardian."

Supposed big E3 info leak outlining Microsoft and Sony's conferences.

Source 1

LEAKED - Microsoft E3 2014
    On the DL. This info comes from the highest source and contains near full details of Microsoft E3 2014 conference. I have had corroborations from a number of sources to its legitimacy:

Ryse 2 is in development and will be announced at the show in a real-time in-game trailer. Gone is the Roman period, enter the medieval setting. The game will offer more freedom of exploration and a refined combat system. The main character is a sell-sword of sorts with a greater destiny. This game looks beyond belief. No release date (possibly late 2016)

Forza Horizon 2 will be announced for release in October 2014 vai Playground Games. It will once again be open world and set in Louisiana, Missisips, New Mexico, Texas and Arkansas. Full day/night cycle, real time weather. Estimated 80 hour single player.

343 Industries will unveil Halo 2: Anniversary. This is a full (multiplayer included) visual makeover of Halo 2, it will also include the same options as Halo Anniversary (Including both visual modes) skulls etc. It will include the E3 2003 mission as a bonus unlockable and the maps from the PC version.

No Turn 10 this year except in supportive capacity of Playground.

Halo 5 will get its release date.

Rare is prepping a re-boot of Battletoads and Perfect Dark. BT will initially be a download only title (see Killer Instinct) and is set to run at 60fps. Perfect Dark is looking to be rebooted into a Third Person Adventure game - Similar to Uncharted.

Epic will be there to unveil their new game base on the Samaritan demo from 2012. This will be XBOX ONE EXCLUSIVE as Microsoft is the publisher. Possibly the best looking game of this generation.

Good Science Studios will unveil their Kinect Only game "EchoBlack" - The game is controlled via the use of Kinect and the player plots through an adventure game drawn as by echolocation. The vibrancy of the world depicted alters depending on the pitch, loudness and location of the players voice. No release date.

Twisted Pixel will reveal their next digital game which is set in a sci-fantasy planet of Dekelsus. Possibly a 2.5D platformer.

Black Tusk will have a CGI trailer for Gears of War : Lazurus which will show the direction the series is heading.

Lift London will be showing 2 projects. They are small and digital based. No other details unfortunately.

Lionhead will have a brief gameplay of Fable Legends and bow out with a teaser of their next project which is set in a post-cataclysmic Earth decimated by egg shaped objects (possibly aliens)

Frontier Development is working on a family friendly Kinect title for release in 2014

Phantom Dust : Sacrifice is being worked on by Grounding Inc and will be a prequel to the original. The game will be episodic in nature.

Quantum Break will be out November 2014 - There is a multiplayer mode - Part 1 of a trilogy. The game has had a significant graphical upgrade since last year.

Sunset Overdrive is aiming for release on the last weeks of August/Early September. Graphically it looks like the CG trailer and the Parkour element of the game is a mix of Sonic, Jet Set Radio and Ratchet and Clank.

The secret Japanese game is coming from Platinum Games and is a Viewtiful Joe like action- beat em up. Codename is "RugPuddle". This is part one of a multiple game deal with Microsoft to publish other titles in the future.

Leap Experience Pioneers will announce their game which looks like a TPS/RPG hybrid set in a Sci-fi universe. Looks very Mass Effect inspired. COMING 2015

Platform Next Games is a new studio. They will be presenting an unnamed tech demo based on an upcoming project (similar to Black Tusks demo last year) which appears to be set in either an ancient or fantasy setting.

Games With Gold will be announced for Xbox One starting immediately. The aim is that it will be 1 retail game a month, 1 digital game per month of a choice of 2. This will evolve as time goes on.

Microsoft will announce the date when retail units can be activated as development kits, it will be before October 2014.

Crackdown: Skyline - Coming 2015 - No other info, not even the developer. Microsoft Studios.

Multi-platforms are as follows:

The Division (Xbox One is now lead platform)
    Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
    Fallout 4
    EA game (not specified here)

Exclusive/Timed DLC on all.

That's all.
    Source 2

We’re just a bit over a month to E3, and today a source that opted to remain anonymous contacted us to share what he alleges to be Sony Computer Entertainment’s plans for their press conference.

Our source mentioned that the information comes from contacts within Sony’s worldwide studios and a further contact at the BBH New York marketing firm, which works with Sony for part of its promotion.

The info reported below is awfully detailed, which is one of the reasons why we decided to publish it, but we were also able to confirm part of it with a second source. The double-sourced information is bolded, so while you should take everything with the customary grain of salt, the bolded parts stand on more solid ground than the rest.

Uncharted PS4 3 Minute Trailer showcasing ”In-engine” footage interspersed with gameplay segments. Visuals are supposedly unprecedented and set a benchmark for console graphics. Summer 2015 release date. It looks absolutely stellar. Features tropical setting and differing time periods with Nate/Francis.
    Media Molecule’s new title will be a landmark title for Morpheus. 3D world building, beautiful, quirky visuals.Extremely creative and fun. Possibly related to the ”Entwined” trademark filed last week by SCE (not sure). Late 2015.

Gran Turismo 6 is coming to PS4 as 1080p 60FPS repackaged title in the vein of Gran Turismo 7: Prologue. Stunning visuals, extra features (social connectivity, new tracks, dlc etc). Coming mid-late 2015.
    God of War 4 teaser will be present – will be CG with snippets of in-engine footage. A little early for reveal, but is designed to offset negativity surrounding canceled new IP and generate excitement – also to partially offset CG announce of Gears of War at Microsoft presser. Late 2015. Date wont be announced.
    Kill Strain trademark is related to Syphon Filter reboot for PS4. Sony Bend working on revamping the franchise. Stealth, beautiful visuals and a possible Winter 2014 title. Bend finally getting to join the big boys.
    Wipeout is also making the transition to PS4. Source is unsure of who is developing it, but hints that it could be Sony London, Evolution, or Firesprite.
    Quantic Dream has a trailer prepared – unsure whether it is penciled in for Gamescom or E3. Sony will be watching Microsoft’s presser earlier in the day to gauge whether additional titles will need to be slotted in to dampen hype. Expect Dark Sorcerer- like visuals in real time. Off-topic, but still relevant – they are close to deal to become a Worldwide Studios developer, along with Ready At Dawn.
    Speaking of Ready At Dawn, The Order:1886 will get a stage demo. Big title for Fall 2014. Sony is expecting great things from said title – franchise hopes rest on its performance.
    Ninja Theory working on a PS4 exclusive – possible Heavenly Sword sequel which was shelved a number of years ago. Quite far into development.
    Sony London will be at E3. First AAA title in many years. 3rd person title. Gorgeous. They’re back with a bang,
    Guerrilla Games bringing their RPG to E3. Provocative setting – very interesting. Insane visuals as usual. A good reaction to the title is expected. Will please the hardcore.
    Sucker Punch busy at work on an inFAMOUS: Second Son DLC. Really cool. New powers. Possible new setting. E3 debut.
    Sony Japan Studios debuting two, maybe even three titles. Project Beast – spiritual successor to Demon Souls. The other is The Last Guardian. Retooled for PS4, possible Winter 2014 title. The Other title is shrouded in secrecy.
    Evolution will give Driveclub some time in the limelight. It’s shaping up to be incredible with jaw-dropping visuals. Demo release will be timed with the press conference.

The source also mentioned that the following publishers will be on stage: Ubisoft, Electronic Arts, Konami, Capcom, Warner Bros, Activision, Square Enix, Take Two.

(Update: our source followed up to clarify that he’s actually not 100% sure if Rockstar will actually be on stage or Sony will just announce the next generation Ground Theft Auto V on their behalf)

There will also big titles announced for the Instant Game Collection, a segment on Project Morpheus, one on the Sony Entertainment Network and a re-introduction of PlayStation Now. Price drops will also be unveiled for the PS3 and PS Vita.

We’ll also see several smaller-scale, downloadable titles and some HD collections. PS Vita Vita will get some attention, but not much – as it’ll be a PS4 show. PS3 will get a montage and few new titles. Finally, the show will close with a teaser of a sequel of The Last of Us.

Again, everything mentioned above should be taken with the skepticism usually reserved to rumors, but much of it is so specific that it’s hard to completely disbelieve it. Unfortunately we’ll have to wait for June to see if everything will check out, but one thing is for sure: Personally I really hope it will, because if this is really what Sony’s presser will look like, we’re in for a real treat.

^ahh yes. It truly is the magic of E3. Just a bunch of rumors from "highly trusted sources". It's fine to believe in some of them, but if you're going to believe all of it, then you're gonna have a BAAAAAAAD time.

GOLDEN SUN 4!

Yeah, I doubt it's going to happen, but I can dream. Some information on ORAS would be nice, and I expect this will happen. However, I also think this 'Pokken' thing will be announced, and that image with the Blaziken and Lucario (?) will finally be explained (maybe that is Pokken?).
    Too much water guys!

All I want from E3 is more stuff about OR/AS and Smash Bros. Of course E3 would be made for me if they announce a new Metroid, but I'm not putting money on it. Other M made Samus submissive, forced the game into linear progression and had those God-awful "Where's Wally?" scenes. With these things combined, it made Other M to Metroid what Link: The Faces of Evil is to Zelda (albeit not as abysmal). Nintendo needs to hurry up and retcon that game.
    Why am I here?

Quote Originally Posted by nooneinparticular View Post
    All I want from E3 is more stuff about OR/AS and Smash Bros. Of course E3 would be made for me if they announce a new Metroid, but I'm not putting money on it. Other M made Samus submissive, forced the game into linear progression and had those God-awful "Where's Wally?" scenes. With these things combined, it made Other M to Metroid what Link: The Faces of Evil is to Zelda (albeit not as abysmal). Nintendo needs to hurry up and retcon that game.
    Retcon the Zelda CD-i games into the main timeline? DEAR SAGES, PLEASE FLOOD HYRULE CASTLE ONCE AGAIN!

Do you think they will show us more off the new Oddworld game at E3? Although, no date is announced eiher... :/

Quote Originally Posted by Jerre View Post
    Do you think they will show us more off the new Oddworld game at E3? Although, no date is announced eiher... :/
    What game is that? For which console?

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Truth View Post
    What game is that? For which console?
    It's a remake of Oddworld Abe's Odyssey on the PS1. It will be available for Linux, Windows, Wii U, and PS3, Vita, and PS4. The Playstation version is cross-buy, so get one version, you get the other two for free.

Microsoft reveals a 399 Xbox One without Kinect (what they should've done at the start). Although i agree it puts them in better shape for E3, i don't think it helps them that much when comparing the power of the PS4 when compared to the Xbox One or the better performance of titles on PS4.

718/718 Pokemon caught as of 4/13/14
    Pokemon X FC: 2638-0594-6140
    Serebii.net Claims:
    -The Drill Pokemon, Nidoking

Quote Originally Posted by KantoPkmnMaster View Post
    Microsoft reveals a 399 Xbox One without Kinect (what they should've done at the start). Although i agree it puts them in better shape for E3, i don't think it helps them that much when comparing the power of the PS4 when compared to the Xbox One or the better performance of titles on PS4.
    Is this news or a prediction? If it's news, source plz. If it's a prediction, I doubt it, Kinect is an inherent part of the console's identity, I don't see them removing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Is this news or a prediction? If it's news, source plz. If it's a prediction, I doubt it, Kinect is an inherent part of the console's identity, I don't see them removing it.
    It's news

will be very interesting to see how they modify the dash to work with this, its cluttered current state will be a nightmare without kinect.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    It's real. It turns out, they spent hundreds of millions on Kinect, telling us how it's so important to the Xbone experience. Less than a year later, "OH SH!T! Sony's beating us! Abort! Abort!" The $399 price isn't going to be until June 9th though, so just wait until then.

It's real. It turns out, they spent hundreds of millions on Kinect, telling us how it's so important to the Xbone experience. Less than a year later, "OH SH!T! Sony's beating us! Abort! Abort!" The $399 price isn't going to be until June 9th though, so just wait until then.
    ^ this. People who bought the Xbox One before this was announced have to be upset.

Serebii.net Claims:

The $399 price isn't going to be until June 9th though, so just wait until then.
    Why that's on the same day as their E3 conference!

"Xbox One for $399 available now!" I bet that's going to sound so good for them. It would have sounded better a year ago though.

Why that's on the same day as their E3 conference!

"Xbox One for $399 available now!" I bet that's going to sound so good for them. It would have sounded better a year ago though.
    I think it was supposed to be at their conference, and be one of those "OH MY GAAAAAAAWWWD!" moments and have everyone clapping and cheering. But you know, Titanfall didn't actually become the system seller that the media thought would be the second coming of online multiplayer action. I think they'll still mention it at their con though, just to spread the word even better.

Too late if you ask me. They already "lost" the console war by a ****ing marathon.

if you have some free time, check out my new updated song, ETERNAL NIGHT ~ last.fm ~ steam

Quote Originally Posted by Mister_SGG View Post
    Too late if you ask me. They already "lost" the console war by a ****ing marathon.
    Apparently even after this new bundle got announced pre-orders aren't going up by that much. They're slightly higher here in Canada since the PS4 is $450 and more expensive than the Kinect-less bundle.

For Microsoft, I can't wait for FIFA 15 to come out... I've always been waiting for this!

SHINIES

DRAGON EGGS

Click on the Egg/Dragon to help me grow them!
    You can make your own at www.dragcave.net!

After playing Resident Evil 6 these past two weekends and loving the everliving s*** out of it, I have high hopes for RE 7.

Hibiki wants hugs
        Spoiler:- My claims:

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshino View Post
    After playing Resident Evil 6 these past two weekends and loving the everliving s*** out of it, I have high hopes for RE 7.
    RE 6 is the most recent of the Resident Evils right? I thought that one was very poorly received because it was more of a third person shooter than a survival horror game (which Resident Evil should be).

Quote Originally Posted by Snivy18 View Post
    For Microsoft, I can't wait for FIFA 15 to come out... I've always been waiting for this!
    I don't see why people are so excited for these games year in and year out. (I'm a little biased. I had the misfortune of working at EA for a summer during college (summer of endless hell)) Aside from a few mode changes the games aren't improved upon at all, both in terms of graphics and gameplay. Don't get me wrong, FIFA is a fun game franchise to play with friends (though i'm not really a soccer fan) but i just don't see how people get excited for the same thing year in and year out. P.S. Not trying to knock on you for what you like or anything like that, just giving an opinion. Once again, a little biased because i know how the golden turd EA works and how little is put into the development of those games.

Serebii.net Claims:

RE 6 is the most recent of the Resident Evils right? I thought that one was very poorly received because it was more of a third person shooter than a survival horror game (which Resident Evil should be).
    RE 6 is the most recent. and it was poorly recieved because the story was bad(I didn't have any problems with it) and because it continued the tradition RE4 started where it's more of a Survival Action than survival horror.

Hibiki wants hugs
        Spoiler:- My claims:

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshino View Post
    RE 6 is the most recent. and it was poorly recieved because the story was bad(I didn't have any problems with it) and because it continued the tradition RE4 started where it's more of a Survival Action than survival horror.
    Thought so. I've never been a fan of the Resident Evil games (never a fan of horror games), but if they do indeed announce a new Resident Evil at E3, i'm interested to see what the reaction will be. I'm expecting something along the lines of cautious optimism.

Serebii.net Claims:

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast