Page 258 of 258 FirstFirst ... 158208248254255256257258
Results 6,426 to 6,448 of 6448

Thread: U.S. 2014/2016 Election Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    Obama's website team did that by the way, not Trump's. They confirmed that on the news.
    Which "the news"

Can you source

Obama's website team did that by the way, not Trump's. They confirmed that on the news.
    The same news that Trump said would lose press passes if they covered protestors, and knowing the press recently I'm going to bet they won't have a spine now either.

Just Dance

Quote Originally Posted by bobjr View Post
    http://www.motherjones.com/environme...-house-website

We're doomed. Also that's not even the only thing that's changed about the website, they also took out LGBT protection and any heathcare mention.
    does it specifically say they're going after LGBT protection?

Quote Originally Posted by lemoncatpower View Post
    does it specifically say they're going after LGBT protection?
    No, LGBT people could be in for a world of hurt the next couple years if the Trump team does what they say they're going to do.

Just Dance

Quote Originally Posted by bobjr View Post
    No, LGBT people could be in for a world of hurt the next couple years if the Trump team does what they say they're going to do.
    I personally haven't seen anything about them saying they were going to target LGBT rights specifically after the inaugeration. But since they hold anti-LGBT views, I guess that's fair to assume they will..
    It'd be a little weird having Trump preach uniting America and what not, and then have them take away rights of LGBT.

I may have missed a news article about one of the team members saying something though.

http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blo...not-your-enemy this is the only thing I can find on google that mentions actual quotes or things people have said. The rest are all based on fear mongering, which has been Rampent.
    Last edited by lemoncatpower; Yesterday at 10:20 PM.

http://i.imgur.com/Zt55Clal.jpg Just in case they try and pull the lying numbers game again.

And of course Trump and the Republican want to unite America. They just want you if you're rich and white. Otherwise you're just a pawn to them at best.

Just Dance

Do these rioters not have jobs? Maybe Trump can send them to go build the Wall.
    Wow, suggesting slave labor now?
    I support: Mr. Barrack Obama, Ms. Hillary Clinton, Liberalism in all its forms, LGBT rights, pro-choice, affordable healthcare, Social Security, a Path to Citizenship, and civil rights.

I oppose: Mr. Donald Trump, Conservativism, corporate greed, austerity, the NRA, pro-lifers, fundamentalists, and the death penalty.

I regret: NONE of those views.

Climate change has been a severely important issue, and yet the US, no stranger to the production of fossil fuels, gave the presidency to a man who claims the Chinese invented it.

Many minorities are fearful to what the "land of the free" will really do to them.

I don't choose to give this doofus of a man a chance, and his cabinet is even worse than he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Google translated Bulbasaur entry
    A man like a cuckoo in the stomach is stubborn with the body Some things are going on.

Do these rioters not have jobs? Maybe Trump can send them to go build the Wall.
    You still think the Black Gate of Mordor is going to be built? Kek.

Let's hope this time the Republicans don't **** up the country completely like they've been doing for the past several decades.

Quote Originally Posted by Maldread View Post
    You still think the Black Gate of Mordor is going to be built? Kek.

Let's hope this time the Republicans don't **** up the country completely like they've been doing for the past several decades.
    Don't bet on it.

25 billion dollars on a wall. And he says he is going to lower the trade deficit.

Credit to FairyWitch and her shop

One thing I find hilarious are the protestors who are all for democracy, except that when things don't go the way they want they end up smashing windows and vandalising everything.

Quote Originally Posted by lemoncatpower View Post
    I personally haven't seen anything about them saying they were going to target LGBT rights specifically after the inaugeration. But since they hold anti-LGBT views, I guess that's fair to assume they will..
    It'd be a little weird having Trump preach uniting America and what not, and then have them take away rights of LGBT.

I may have missed a news article about one of the team members saying something though.

http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blo...not-your-enemy this is the only thing I can find on google that mentions actual quotes or things people have said. The rest are all based on fear mongering, which has been Rampent.
    Mike Pence is the big red flag. The fact Trump didn't distance himself from Pence on that issue makes me believe he'll default to Pence. Moreover, Trump's policies have clearly been tailored towards the religious rights, see his anti-abortion and school choice stance.

The two policies I'd keep an eye out on is how he handles FADA when that inevitably comes to his desk and EO 13672. See also this website for information regarding EO 13672.

Again, per Pence's stance, my personal speculation is Trump will sign FADA when it comes to his desk and he will eventually retire EO 13672. Both of these are bad for LGBT.

Regarding climate change/LGBT being taken down, see also snopes. To the best of my knowledge, the entire whitehouse.gov got nuked and it sounds like that's a typical practice. I guess "climate change" and "LGBT rights" just made catchy headlines. That said, Trump has already said he's targeting Obama's Climate Action Plan, so while the former headline is misleading its implications seem real.

Quote Originally Posted by Zora View Post
    Mike Pence is the big red flag. The fact Trump didn't distance himself from Pence on that issue makes me believe he'll default to Pence. Moreover, Trump's policies have clearly been tailored towards the religious rights, see his anti-abortion and school choice stance.

The two policies I'd keep an eye out on is how he handles FADA when that inevitably comes to his desk and EO 13672. See also this website for information regarding EO 13672.

Again, per Pence's stance, my personal speculation is Trump will sign FADA when it comes to his desk and he will eventually retire EO 13672. Both of these are bad for LGBT.

Regarding climate change/LGBT being taken down, see also snopes. To the best of my knowledge, the entire whitehouse.gov got nuked and it sounds like that's a typical practice. I guess "climate change" and "LGBT rights" just made catchy headlines. That said, Trump has already said he's targeting Obama's Climate Action Plan, so while the former headline is misleading its implications seem real.
    The First Amendment Defence Act is probably unconstitutional given it singles out only supporters of "traditional marriage" for protection and permits discrimination against LGBTs. A version of the Bill passed by the State of Mississippi was blocked by U.S. District Judge Carlton Reeves on the ground that it violated the Equal Protection clause of the 14th amendment and the establishment clause of the 1st amendment:

HB 1523 grants special rights to citizens who hold one of three “sincerely held religious beliefs or moral convictions” reflecting disapproval of lesbian, gay, transgender, and unmarried persons. Miss. Laws 2016, HB 1523 § 2 (eff. July 1, 2016). That violates both the guarantee of religious neutrality and the promise of equal protection of the laws. The Establishment Clause is violated because persons who hold contrary religious beliefs are unprotected – the State has put its thumb on the scale to favor some religious beliefs over others.
    If Congress did try to pass it, republicans could be looking at months or even years or protracted legal battles all the way up to the Supreme Court, possibly just to have the law struck down.

It's interesting one thing people miss about the FADA is that it singles out two specific beliefs that potentially more people at risk for discrimination than LGBTs. It provides that the Federal Government cannot:

shall not take any discriminatory action against a person, wholly or partially on the basis that such person believes or acts in accordance with a religious belief or moral conviction that marriage is or should be recognized as the union of one man and one woman, or that sexual relations are properly reserved to such a marriage
    That second limb basically states that anybody who has sex outside of marriage regardless of sexual orientation or the gender of their partner is singled out by this bill. It could potentially prevent say the President from passing an executive order preventing a federal contractor or a agency in recite of federal government funds from firing a person for becoming pregnant outside of marriage or simply because they live wiht a partner their not married to.

As well as the question as to whether Trump will veto the bill or not, another important question is, will democrats filibuster if it comes up for a vote in the senate.

Quote Originally Posted by snorlax512 View Post
    One thing I find hilarious are the protestors who are all for democracy, except that when things don't go the way they want they end up smashing windows and vandalising everything.
    The same could be said of North Carolina Republicans and outgoing governor Pat McCroy who after loosing the election sought to use an emergency session to strip the incoming governor of executive powers.
    Last edited by Pikachu52; Today at 3:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by snorlax512 View Post
    I doubt all those people were even Democrats, they were probably just people who hated Trump that much and would have voted for literally anyone else.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    NNID: BeatScrafty2
    Quote Originally Posted by phanpycross View Post
    Yup:

Original meaning: Deus Ex Machina

Serebii : Didnt Enjoy Much.

Trump is naming current FCC Commissioner Ajit Pai to become the new FCC Chairman.

Pai is the Republican FCC Member who famously said that Net Neutrality would eventually require the government to send in tanks to seize cable lines and that his dream is to "take a weed-whacker to the thousands of anti-business and anti-growth regulations" put forth by Tom Wheeler.

His top priority is repealing the Net Neutrality rules and voluntarily surrendering all of the FCC's consumer investigatory and prosecutorial authority until a bill is passed to formally strip the agency of those powers.

Also following news for protests you need a sharper eye sometimes. https://twitter.com/cwarzel/status/8...rc=twsrc%5Etfw This is tons of media figures filming a small trash fire while ignoring the actual protestors because that gives a different story.

Though the Nazi that got punched really deserves it. Violence against Nazi's is always a good thing.

Just Dance

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu52 View Post
    If Congress did try to pass it, republicans could be looking at months or even years or protracted legal battles all the way up to the Supreme Court, possibly just to have the law struck down.
    You mean the Supreme Court Trump has a very good chance to make decisively conservative if Ginsburg or Breyer can't make it four years? That one? Not to mention Trump will get a chance to make lower courts more conservative--the GOP attempt to prevent Scalia's replacement also held up all other federal appointments in the interim (see, for example, this).

Granted, I feel a judge has to be intellectually dishonest to *not* see FADA as a clear attempt to legalize LGBT discrimination, but none of Trump's appointees (e.g. to his cabinet) seem to care about intellectual honesty so I doubt that will carry this is 100 or so lower court appointees.

It's interesting one thing people miss about the FADA is that it singles out two specific beliefs that potentially more people at risk for discrimination than LGBTs. It provides that the Federal Government cannot:

["
    shall not take any discriminatory action against a person, wholly or partially on the basis that such person believes or acts in accordance with a religious belief or moral conviction that marriage is or should be recognized as the union of one man and one woman, or that sexual relations are properly reserved to such a marriage
    "]

[zora: quote of FADA added otuside quote bubble for context]
    That second limb basically states that anybody who has sex outside of marriage regardless of sexual orientation or the gender of their partner is singled out by this bill. It could potentially prevent say the President from passing an executive order preventing a federal contractor or a agency in recite of federal government funds from firing a person for becoming pregnant outside of marriage or simply because they live wiht a partner their not married to.
    *sigh* it keeps getting worse, doesn't it?

As well as the question as to whether Trump will veto the bill or not, another important question is, will democrats filibuster if it comes up for a vote in the senate.
    For something as awful as FADA, I doubt they can afford to miss the opportunity. The dems will need to rally the support for 2018, and given how many dems are up for re-election (23 D vs 8 R), they need tho show the people they care more than ever.

I don't trust the Democratic Party to put any resistance against trump, since they have been known for folding like chairs in republican administration and I expect the same in the trump administration(the only exception who will fight for th people is Bernie sanders).

At this point we need a populist party to form and take the corporate sellout Democratic Party places as a major political party.
    Last edited by Remix2; Today at 4:15 AM.

I hope more Nazis get punched. I hope worse and worse things happen to these filthy shitstains.

But someone needs to tell Bill Maher to shut up. I'm only mentioning this because I saw a bunch of people mentioning him on Twitter and honestly, who gives a **** what that raging Islamophobe fauxgressive thinks. Oh, what, now that Trump's won, we're gonna ask the intolerant slimeball whose comedy mainstays are "women should stay in the kitchen" and "all religious people are morons" what he thinks about the fascist? We're shooting ourselves in the foot.

PM me if you want my Discord.
    It's way easier than getting in touch with me on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Power Up View Post
    Is it wrong to half hope that a sniper is ready to take out Trump and Mike Pence consecutively on Inauguration Day?
    And end up with President Paul Ryan

As if a sniper was going to get close enough to even get in a good shot lmao.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    NNID: BeatScrafty2
    Quote Originally Posted by phanpycross View Post
    Yup:

Original meaning: Deus Ex Machina

Serebii : Didnt Enjoy Much.

Look at this:

https://www.aol.com/article/news/201...-hat/21659718/

Now that's a surprise, huh?
    I support: Mr. Barrack Obama, Ms. Hillary Clinton, Liberalism in all its forms, LGBT rights, pro-choice, affordable healthcare, Social Security, a Path to Citizenship, and civil rights.

I oppose: Mr. Donald Trump, Conservativism, corporate greed, austerity, the NRA, pro-lifers, fundamentalists, and the death penalty.

I regret: NONE of those views.

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu52 View Post
    And end up with President Paul Ryan
    I mean, without Donald Trump's dick for him to try and suck, he might just spend four years being totally lost.

...okay, probably not.

PM me if you want my Discord.
    It's way easier than getting in touch with me on here.

Page 258 of 258 FirstFirst ... 158208248254255256257258