Page 259 of 259 FirstFirst ... 159209249255256257258259
Results 6,451 to 6,472 of 6472

Thread: U.S. 2014/2016 Election Thread

  1. #6451

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    National Park Agency has been banned by our great leader after publishing that crowd comparison pick between the latest inauguration's crowd size to Obama's.

    In other news, people have been retweeting the comparison to pester the hell out of him.
    But, you know, we should totally give this overgrown baby a chance.

    PM me if you want my Discord.
    It's way easier than getting in touch with me on here.

  2. #6452
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Mississippi, U.S.A.
    Posts
    3,518

    Default

    U.S. has officially withdrawn from TPP
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon
    Dallas Cowboys | Memphis Grizzlies

  3. #6453
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,050

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    U.S. has officially withdrawn from TPP
    Well that atleast one good thing That trump kept it promise on.

    Now if he consistent he also keep his promise on not cutting heathcare and social security right.. right?
    Last edited by Remix2; 22nd January 2017 at 4:01 AM.

  4. #6454
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    *sigh* Ohio
    Posts
    7,365

    Default

    If you're got a problem with the Chinese, you should have been a big fan of the TPP, because that was explicitly designed to reduce our dependence on China.

    Just Dance

  5. #6455
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Verdant Court, Arbor Area
    Posts
    700

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Void Ventus View Post
    White House Press Secretary just literally spent 5 minutes ranting on Trump's Inauguration crowd size.

    But hey you know, give him a chance! Trump is totally not thin-skinned! Make America Great Again now that the black man is out!
    Of all the things I've seen post inauguration that press conference bothered me the most, for three reasons:

    1. There's a level of petulance to calling a press conference to holding an entire press briefing in which most of the time was devoted to attacking the media - Sam Spicer was like listening to a talking Trump twitter feed. Thankfully without the personal attacks.
    2. Distortions of fact and outright lies - The evidence seems to suggest that the turnout for Trump's inauguration was lower than the two Obama inaugurations. If the highest levels of government are actively denying facts or twisting them to suit Trump's narrative are we going to reach a point where what the actual facts are so unclear that what versions of reality we accept become a partisan issue.
    3. What does Spicer mean by hold the press to account. I'm all for press accountability. I think it's wrong that you have outlets like Fox, Brietbart and Infowars who deliberately publish misleading information and demonise minority groups. I would have very much liked it if the Obama administration had used the press briefings to say, debunk transphobic bathroom myths that appeared on right wing websites. But I fear "hold to account" here will mean "attack for writing things Trump doesn't like." On the campaign trail Trump openly attacked the reporters covering his rallies and encouraged his supporters to do so. It's scary to think of him doing that from the bully pulpit of the presidency - he's already begining to do that given he called CNN fake news and refused to take a question during a press conference. Will we end up with the protracted situation where his hard core supporters believe Trump=truth and media=lies, bias, fake news.
    Last edited by Pikachu52; 22nd January 2017 at 6:43 AM.

  6. #6456
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    *sigh* Ohio
    Posts
    7,365

    Default

    http://ew.com/news/2017/01/21/obama-...alflow_twitter

    Trump can't even have an original cake.

    Also multiple sources have confirmed Trump hasn't passed any of his business conflicts off to someone.

    Just Dance

  7. #6457
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    7,347

    Default

    I got this on facebook as a copy/paste, but it's important.

    "The March is over but there's still time to act.
    Paul Ryan's office is conducting a phone poll, hoping to hear overwhelming opposition to the Affordable Care Act.
    Here's how you can participate:
    Call (202) 225-0600....
    Press 2 to weigh in on the issue.
    You'll hear a recording about the bill to repeal it, then Press 1 to support continuing the Affordable Healthcare Act.
    It takes less than 2 minutes. It was very quick- please do it.
    You can also leave a message at the end if you want (& if the system will take more VMs).
    DO NOT SHARE BUT RATHER COPY & PASTE!"

    If a huge amount of people call in, this could save 30 million people losing obamacare.

  8. #6458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu52 View Post
    Of all the things I've seen post inauguration that press conference bothered me the most, for three reasons:

    1. There's a level of petulance to calling a press conference to holding an entire press briefing in which most of the time was devoted to attacking the media - Sam Spicer was like listening to a talking Trump twitter feed. Thankfully without the personal attacks.
    2. Distortions of fact and outright lies - The evidence seems to suggest that the turnout for Trump's inauguration was lower than the two Obama inaugurations. If the highest levels of government are actively denying facts or twisting them to suit Trump's narrative are we going to reach a point where what the actual facts are so unclear that what versions of reality we accept become a partisan issue.
    3. What does Spicer mean by hold the press to account. I'm all for press accountability. I think it's wrong that you have outlets like Fox, Brietbart and Infowars who deliberately publish misleading information and demonise minority groups. I would have very much liked it if the Obama administration had used the press briefings to say, debunk transphobic bathroom myths that appeared on right wing websites. But I fear "hold to account" here will mean "attack for writing things Trump doesn't like." On the campaign trail Trump openly attacked the reporters covering his rallies and encouraged his supporters to do so. It's scary to think of him doing that from the bully pulpit of the presidency - he's already begining to do that given he called CNN fake news and refused to take a question during a press conference. Will we end up with the protracted situation where his hard core supporters believe Trump=truth and media=lies, bias, fake news.
    They mean that they fully intend to manipulate history as it happens insofar as they can. Because they're ****ing fascists.

    Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    I got this on facebook as a copy/paste, but it's important.

    "The March is over but there's still time to act.
    Paul Ryan's office is conducting a phone poll, hoping to hear overwhelming opposition to the Affordable Care Act.
    Here's how you can participate:
    Call (202) 225-0600....
    Press 2 to weigh in on the issue.
    You'll hear a recording about the bill to repeal it, then Press 1 to support continuing the Affordable Healthcare Act.
    It takes less than 2 minutes. It was very quick- please do it.
    You can also leave a message at the end if you want (& if the system will take more VMs).
    DO NOT SHARE BUT RATHER COPY & PASTE!"

    If a huge amount of people call in, this could save 30 million people losing obamacare.
    This is a good idea. But I bet that he'd probably still ignore the number of people slamming him with pro-ACA stories.

    PM me if you want my Discord.
    It's way easier than getting in touch with me on here.

  9. #6459
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    *sigh* Ohio
    Posts
    7,365

    Default

    Remember Paul Ryan is someone who grew up on public assistance and wants to get rid of it as much as humanly possible. Don't be surprised when he tries to, and that's when you fight back.

    Just Dance

  10. #6460
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Eos
    Posts
    2,817

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bobjr View Post
    Remember Paul Ryan is someone who grew up on public assistance and wants to get rid of it as much as humanly possible. Don't be surprised when he tries to, and that's when you fight back.
    Why wait? Fight back NOW.


    Persona 5

  11. #6461
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    7,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Void Ventus View Post
    Why wait? Fight back NOW.
    Agreed. We need to fight back now, and not let bad things happen until 2018 when the DNC can take back the senate and house.

  12. #6462
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    *sigh* Ohio
    Posts
    7,365

    Default

    I mean he's already tried to more than once so the fighting began a little before the election was even over to be fair

    Just Dance

  13. #6463
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Eos
    Posts
    2,817

    Default

    Conway interview
    Fake news is so 2016! 2017 is all about the ALTERNATIVE FACTS!!!

    Oh my gaaaaaaaaawd. Their job is not to say what Trump says is ridiculous? They just keep threatening the freedom of the press!
    Last edited by Void Ventus; 22nd January 2017 at 6:49 PM.


    Persona 5

  14. #6464
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    *sigh* Ohio
    Posts
    7,365

    Default


    Just Dance

  15. #6465
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,050

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bobjr View Post
    I'm not surprised coming form Netanyahu.

  16. #6466
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    808

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    I got this on facebook as a copy/paste, but it's important.

    "The March is over but there's still time to act.
    Paul Ryan's office is conducting a phone poll, hoping to hear overwhelming opposition to the Affordable Care Act.
    Here's how you can participate:
    Call (202) 225-0600....
    Press 2 to weigh in on the issue.
    You'll hear a recording about the bill to repeal it, then Press 1 to support continuing the Affordable Healthcare Act.
    It takes less than 2 minutes. It was very quick- please do it.
    You can also leave a message at the end if you want (& if the system will take more VMs).
    DO NOT SHARE BUT RATHER COPY & PASTE!"

    If a huge amount of people call in, this could save 30 million people losing obamacare.

    Did so. Hopefully it works.

    How about we shoot every white supremacist, fascist, Holocaust denier, racist, climate denier, LGBT haters, healthcare hater, etc Republican out there? Better yet, destroy the entire party and feed it to a volcano
    Last edited by Power Up; Yesterday at 3:04 PM.



    Credit to FairyWitch and her shop

  17. #6467
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Er, ahem, Hartford
    Posts
    118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Power Up View Post
    Did so. Hopefully it works.

    How about we shoot every white supremacist, fascist, Holocaust denier, racist, climate denier, LGBT haters, healthcare hater, etc Republican out there? Better yet, destroy the entire party and feed it to a volcano
    It seems to have been discontinued.

    Still, I would support your second idea.
    I support: Mr. Barrack Obama, Ms. Hillary Clinton, Liberalism in all its forms, LGBT rights, pro-choice, affordable healthcare, Social Security, a Path to Citizenship, and civil rights.

    I oppose: Mr. Donald Trump, Conservativism, corporate greed, austerity, the NRA, pro-lifers, fundamentalists, and the death penalty.

    I regret: NONE of those views.

  18. #6468
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    *sigh* Ohio
    Posts
    7,365

    Default

    I know we had all the blood for oil jokes about the Iraq war, but we literally had a press conference where we were told we want wars for profit and literally blood for oil.

    Also lol at them talking about funding women's health centers the same day they cut health center funding.
    Last edited by bobjr; Yesterday at 8:32 PM.

    Just Dance

  19. #6469
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Verdant Court, Arbor Area
    Posts
    700

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bobjr View Post
    If they continue to expand settlements like this it'll destroy any possibility of a two-state solution.

    And supporters of Israel haven't said what they think should happen to 2,930,000 Palestinian's living in the West Bank.

    If Trump goes down this "most Pro-Israel president ever" pathway it's almost guaranteed he'll end up escalating conflicts in the region.

  20. #6470
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    *sigh* Ohio
    Posts
    7,365

    Default

    Also today Congress moved to give away national lands, discounting billions in revenue, along with a federal hiring freeze, to the point where people can't even change jobs in the same area, and a bill was introduced that would ban all abortion and give 20 years of jailtime to women who have one.

    Are people still trying to give these people a chance?

    By the way Trump just told Ryan and McConnell that the only reason he lost the popular vote was because "3-5 million illegal votes" were cast.

    Expect this to lead to mass voter purges and stricter voting laws.

    Just Dance

  21. #6471
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Verdant Court, Arbor Area
    Posts
    700

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bobjr View Post
    a bill was introduced that would ban all abortion and give 20 years of jailtime to women who have one.
    Trump's also moved to reinstate the Reagan era rule that prohibits US International aid funds from being given to service providers that provide, refer or even advise about Abortion. As the Slate article details the effect of the rule will be to limit women in developing countries access not only to abortion services but also contraception and family planning services both increasing the need for Abortion and likely increasing the number of unsafe abortions.

    The moral absolutism of this pro-life policy is rather contradictory since the lived effect of the policy will be to put more lives at risk and will achieve nothing other than to allow the Trump administration to essentially feel good that it's no longer financially involved with abortion and family planning service provision. And if they do feel that regardless of the potentially worse effects of not providing funding it's better for the US not to be financially involved with something they see as a form of killing, it is rather ironic that the two previous administration that heavily favoured this policy, Reagan and Bush, were responsible for arming Contra-rebles and the Iraq Invasion.

  22. #6472
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    *sigh* Ohio
    Posts
    7,365

    Default

    They also just announced the cuts to the ACA alone so far will kill 50k a year, and more will likely come as worse changes are made.

    Especially if they give it to states like Kansas that has billions in shortfall.

    Just Dance

Page 259 of 259 FirstFirst ... 159209249255256257258259

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •