Page 256 of 256 FirstFirst ... 156206246252253254255256
Results 6,376 to 6,393 of 6393

Thread: U.S. 2014/2016 Election Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Remix2 View Post
    So what exactly wrong with trump vistung Putin? I mean do people really want to start a 2 Cold War?
    Nothing like a sock puppet meeting with his master, right?
    Pokeshipping Forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Remix2 View Post
    So what exactly wrong with trump vistung Putin? I mean do people really want to start a 2 Cold War?

Speaking of which still no evidence of Russia hacking the election form established democrats
    It's not a simple "Hack the election" results thing. It's a systemic takeover of a full political party. All the top intelligence agencies say the election was compromised in some way, and they don't even deny it anymore. Notice how they say "We won it doesn't matter".

Just Dance

Quote Originally Posted by bobjr View Post
    It's not a simple "Hack the election" results thing. It's a systemic takeover of a full political party. All the top intelligence agencies say the election was compromised in some way, and they don't even deny it anymore. Notice how they say "We won it doesn't matter".
    My question about the hacks are why we didn't see it coming, we interfered and suggested Putin's "election" wasn't legitimate (and rightfully so). Shouldn't we have expected equal measures employed against us?
    Pokeshipping Forever!

We did see it coming, but since it was only the DNC getting hacked Republicans went "Oh it's totally okay".

Russia is actually running out of cash due to the embargo and more importantly how cheap other countries like Saudi and the US can produce oil and natural gas (along with other raw materials), which make up most of their GDP, about two thirds. Now with their ongoing financial crisis (which was a few months ago), Russia was going to run out of money and have to dip into its pensions sometime in the middle of this year. Their currency fell to 33% of its original value after Ukraine and has stabilized at 50%. Though that stability is extremely tenuous.

The way I read it, Russia is running against the clock and something positive for them has to happen and happen soon. Trump happening is a boon to them as Hillary would have crushed their economy even further and wouldn't have to work hard to do it either due to preexisting conditions. If the embargo is lifted then maybe Russia can make money again, but that's not where the bulk of their money comes from and it may not be able to make up for budgetary shortfalls.

If Russia's financial crisis deepens the oligarchs that Putin once subdued will probably move on him because their economy may collapse. If Putin dies it may turn into a no-**** civil war as there's no clear successor and the democratic process that brought him to power is not really respected, nor should it be as Russia has a democratic history that spans only a few decades as strongmen have dominated the country in one form or another since basically forever.

Russia can't afford a protracted war. It costs too much money and they're not doing well financially. They may not even be able to hold what they grab if they grab too much.

Expect shit to go down with Russia most likely within the next year or two as the pensions piggy bank can only last for so long and it will seriously piss off people who rely on those to survive. Some sort of war either external or internal will probably happen, or if we're lucky just a financial collapse. External if they're ascendant or at least wish to distract from internal problems or internal if Putin dies or loses his mandate to govern when the economy collapses.

If Trump dishonors the NATO alliance I'm not sure what will happen. Not nationally. Not internationally. Nothing. It crushes US credibility abroad however. However due to the separation of powers making war falls directly into Trump's hands. He doesn't have to go to war. It's 100% his choice. It could get him impeached, but I'm not sure if that would happen as the republicans own congress. It depends on what their constituents say.

I may not be getting everything right, but unless someone corrects me I think I've gotten the broad strokes correct.

Just Dance

We did see it coming, but since it was only the DNC getting hacked Republicans went "Oh it's totally okay".

Russia is actually running out of cash due to the embargo and more importantly how cheap other countries like Saudi and the US can produce oil and natural gas (along with other raw materials), which make up most of their GDP, about two thirds. Now with their ongoing financial crisis (which was a few months ago), Russia was going to run out of money and have to dip into its pensions sometime in the middle of this year. Their currency fell to 33% of its original value after Ukraine and has stabilized at 50%. Though that stability is extremely tenuous.

The way I read it, Russia is running against the clock and something positive for them has to happen and happen soon. Trump happening is a boon to them as Hillary would have crushed their economy even further and wouldn't have to work hard to do it either due to preexisting conditions. If the embargo is lifted then maybe Russia can make money again, but that's not where the bulk of their money comes from and it may not be able to make up for budgetary shortfalls.

If Russia's financial crisis deepens the oligarchs that Putin once subdued will probably move on him because their economy may collapse. If Putin dies it may turn into a no-**** civil war as there's no clear successor and the democratic process that brought him to power is not really respected, nor should it be as Russia has a democratic history that spans only a few decades as strongmen have dominated the country in one form or another since basically forever.

Russia can't afford a protracted war. It costs too much money and they're not doing well financially. They may not even be able to hold what they grab if they grab too much.

Expect shit to go down with Russia most likely within the next year or two as the pensions piggy bank can only last for so long and it will seriously piss off people who rely on those to survive. Some sort of war either external or internal will probably happen, or if we're lucky just a financial collapse. External if they're ascendant or at least wish to distract from internal problems or internal if Putin dies or loses his mandate to govern when the economy collapses.

If Trump dishonors the NATO alliance I'm not sure what will happen. Not nationally. Not internationally. Nothing. It crushes US credibility abroad however. However due to the separation of powers making war falls directly into Trump's hands. He doesn't have to go to war. It's 100% his choice. It could get him impeached, but I'm not sure if that would happen as the republicans own congress. It depends on what their constituents say.

I may not be getting everything right, but unless someone corrects me I think I've gotten the broad strokes correct.
    Well, as a Bible believing Christian; I'm waiting to see if a prophesy about Russia, Iran, and Syria along with the rest of the world getting into a war with Israel comes to fruition. Actually, Trump may be the flint that sparks the fire for everything if the conference in Paris doesn't do so first.

So yes, if we're looking at the Gog and Magog war things will hit the fan. There's many ways war could play out it isn't even funny. Trump's hawkish nature startles me. We should speak softly and carry a big stick, not speak as loudly as possible and prepare for war. We're screwed if Trump turns his back on NATO and screwed if we go to war. Does the current generation look anything like the WW2 generation?
    Pokeshipping Forever!

Quote Originally Posted by ThePokemonmaster11 View Post
    Well, as a Bible believing Christian; I'm waiting to see if a prophesy about Russia, Iran, and Syria along with the rest of the world getting into a war with Israel comes to fruition. Actually, Trump may be the flint that sparks the fire for everything if the conference in Paris doesn't do so first.
    Look, I'm old enough to have heard all the crap about the "Mother of All Battles", the Y2K Bug, the Mayan Doomsday fiasco, about Nostradamus' "Angolmois" prediction, the Rapture, and more nutty conspiracy theories about zombies being real than you could shake a stick at.

Forgive me if I'm skeptical about apocalyptic predictions.
    I support: Mr. Barrack Obama, Ms. Hillary Clinton, Liberalism in all its forms, LGBT rights, pro-choice, affordable healthcare, Social Security, a Path to Citizenship, and civil rights.

I oppose: Mr. Donald Trump, Conservativism, corporate greed, austerity, the NRA, pro-lifers, fundamentalists, and the death penalty.

I regret: NONE of those views.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordent99 View Post
    Look, I'm old enough to have heard all the crap about the "Mother of All Battles", the Y2K Bug, the Mayan Doomsday fiasco, about Nostradamus' "Angolmois" prediction, the Rapture, and more nutty conspiracy theories about zombies being real than you could shake a stick at.

Forgive me if I'm skeptical about apocalyptic predictions.
    Never said you had to believe it Mordent, and honestly I don't blame you for being skeptical. If I wasn't a Christian and wasn't watching the news so heavily, I'd doubt it myself. I've always been taught in Christian circles that there will be a war called the war of Gog and Magog. In it the nations of the world will side against Israel, before literally invading Israel. It's why I'm speechless when it comes to the new UN resolution and the Paris conference.
    Pokeshipping Forever!

I heard on the radio Twitter is looking for a way to ban Trump lol, that'd be awesome and probably the best thing

Quote Originally Posted by ThePokemonmaster11 View Post
    Never said you had to believe it Mordent, and honestly I don't blame you for being skeptical. If I wasn't a Christian and wasn't watching the news so heavily, I'd doubt it myself. I've always been taught in Christian circles that there will be a war called the war of Gog and Magog. In it the nations of the world will side against Israel, before literally invading Israel. It's why I'm speechless when it comes to the new UN resolution and the Paris conference.
    Don't forget, Revelations says "the time is near", even though it was written two millennia ago.

And for the record, if it ever came down to every member of the UN declaring war on Israel, it would rate a one-day skirmish at best. Even without our help, a united Europe would have Jerusalem under their control in a manner of hours. The one reason Iran and it's allies haven't done so already is because we and Europe would retaliate.
    Last edited by Mordent99; 16th January 2017 at 5:38 PM.
    I support: Mr. Barrack Obama, Ms. Hillary Clinton, Liberalism in all its forms, LGBT rights, pro-choice, affordable healthcare, Social Security, a Path to Citizenship, and civil rights.

I oppose: Mr. Donald Trump, Conservativism, corporate greed, austerity, the NRA, pro-lifers, fundamentalists, and the death penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by lemoncatpower View Post
    I heard on the radio Twitter is looking for a way to ban Trump lol, that'd be awesome and probably the best thing
    If you hate Twitter, yes. Trump has millions of followers. The backlash would be insane and Twitter would lose a lot of traffic.
    I hate my old posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cipher View Post
    If you hate Twitter, yes. Trump has millions of followers. The backlash would be insane and Twitter would lose a lot of traffic.
    lol I hope they end up banning him from it, it's pathetic to have a to be president go on rants on twitter like a junior high girl

There's also been a noticeable financial aspect. There's even an app to see if your stocks involve what Trump is talking about, because they'll take a nose dive.

Just Dance

There's also been a noticeable financial aspect. There's even an app to see if your stocks involve what Trump is talking about, because they'll take a nose dive.
    Its like a lottery where everyone loses, lol.

They finally got some musicians to play the inauguration though, and from what various news sourcers are saying, it was quite a battle getting anyone to play.

Notably they have Tobi Keith and 3 doors down playing. I guess he is creating new jobs though, when was the last time 3 doors down booked a gig.
    Credit to atari!

All that remains till the shiny national dex is mine!
        Spoiler:- spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonjeff View Post
    when was the last time 3 doors down booked a gig.
    The 2012 RNC. It's when everyone took the "If I go crazy well will you still call me Superman" lyrics the wrong way like they usually do.

Nothing will top Republicans using Born in America unironically though.

Just Dance

Democrats are going to have to campaign hard if they want to fight back against Trump. They have way more seats to lose in 2 years. Unless Trump totally bombs in 2 years(which is bound to happen), Republicans own these 4 years.

Credit to FairyWitch and her shop

The 2012 RNC. It's when everyone took the "If I go crazy well will you still call me Superman" lyrics the wrong way like they usually do.

Nothing will top Republicans using Born in America unironically though.
    I don't know, Trump using a queen song was pretty up there. Nothing says irony like a republican rally to the tune of a gay mans song.

Also 2012 rnc was now 4-5 years ago (depending on when in the year it was it was closer to one or the other). Somehow i doubt they paid 3 doors down enough to live well during the time in between those two gigs, especially given their habit for stiffing employees.
    Credit to atari!

All that remains till the shiny national dex is mine!
        Spoiler:- spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Power Up View Post
    Democrats are going to have to campaign hard if they want to fight back against Trump. They have way more seats to lose in 2 years. Unless Trump totally bombs in 2 years(which is bound to happen), Republicans own these 4 years.
    Shouldn't be hard. When a President has a church choir and a burlesque show as entertainment for his inauguration, he's not doing well.

He's going to find out the hard way that making promises with no intent to keep them won't end well.

Oh, and now he says his new healthcare plan will have "insurance for everyone". Yup, sure.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...=NYDailyNewsTw

Scalpers taking losses on tickets to Trump inauguration, as secondary market interest on the mogul’s swear-in wanes.

Rosenberg bought the pair of tickets on Craigslist from a "Second Amendment activist" in Katonah, N.Y., last week and immediately listed them on his Facebook account, as well as back on Craigslist.

But after receiving no interest, he visited a handful of white supremacist websites, including the Daily Stormer, where he posted listings for the tickets on the site's message boards.
    Someone wants to be on the FBI watchlist.

Just Dance

Page 256 of 256 FirstFirst ... 156206246252253254255256