Page 320 of 320 FirstFirst ... 220270310316317318319320
Results 7,976 to 7,985 of 7985

Thread: U.S. 2014/2016 Election Thread: The Man in the High Chair

Okay, admittedly: I have no idea what Jon Ossoff's platform actually was outside of not being a Republican.

Quote Originally Posted by bobjr View Post
    That would be good advice if the Dems could actually obstruct anything.

Really the Dems need to focus on 4 points.

Single Payer Healthcare
    Free Education/training
    Comfortable retirement
    Livable wage

Everything else should be secondary. Also if the current person is too scared to do town halls they need to go in and host ones of their own.
    Where does "guaranteed basic income" fall on here, because, as more things become automatic, a lot of jobs are going to start drying up, meaning that, even with a minimum wage that you can actually live on, a lot of people will still be unable to make that because they won't be able to find a job at all in a few years.

Oh, right, manifest destiny and social Darwinism are just baked into capitalism by default.

PM me if you want my Discord.
    It's way easier than getting in touch with me on here.

I would put that under livable wage. You could change it to livable income, but there's always that dumb "Handouts for the poor" messaging GOP voters eat up, even if they're on mostly government assistance themselves.

This election was handed to democrats on a silver platter. It is a sheer sign that they are doing something really wrong.
    "Everyone creates the thing they dread. Men of peace create engines of war. Invaders create Avengers. People create... smaller people? Er... children! I lost the word there. Children. Designed to supplant them. To help them end."

"Momentai!"

"Resistance. Rebellion. You will burn these ideas away."

But this is the traditional royal Canterlot voice! It is tradition to speak, using the Royal "we", and to use THIS MUCH VOLUME WHEN ADDRESSING OUR SUBJECTS!!

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    This election was handed to democrats on a silver platter. It is a sheer sign that they are doing something really wrong.
    The district was deep red and gerrymandered to Republicans. The race was a lot closer than it should have been which isn't good for the GOP due to upcoming midterms.

The House blocked the Russia Sanctions bill giving Trump less power to lift the sanctions on Russia.

Just so everyone knows, " closer " doesn't mean much.

Losing is still losing, this is a suburban wealthy and highly educated community and it backed Handel by 6 points.

Trump can do significant damage, and close won't cut it

Credit to FairyWitch and her shop

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/06/22/trump...e-economy.html

can only have rich people involved in economical decisions, this way they are for sure smart (unlike poor people), won't just want to take the money (unlike poor people who will find ways to steal it), and won't get taken advantage of (because poor people always get taken advantange of by nature). What a great guy. " i love all people" seems to be his statement when ever asked about being a bigot.

It's kinda sad that the reason this healthcare bill might not pass is a few GOP senators don't think it's cruel enough.

Quote Originally Posted by bobjr View Post
    It's kinda sad that the reason this healthcare bill might not pass is a few GOP senators don't think it's cruel enough.
    Whatever, but at least it won't pass.

Selfish misers like Cruz and Paul will get theirs, if not in this life, then the next.
    "It's difficult in times like these: ideals, dreams and cherished hopes rise within us, only to be crushed by grim reality. It's a wonder I haven't abandoned all my ideals, they seem so absurd and impractical. Yet I cling to them because I still believe, in spite of everything, that people are truly good at heart."

— The Diary of Anne Frank

So remember how trump made a deal to carrier to save jobs form going to Mexico and how great that was....well about that.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/06/22/trump...-the-hype.html

Page 320 of 320 FirstFirst ... 220270310316317318319320