Page 297 of 297 FirstFirst ... 197247287293294295296297
Results 7,401 to 7,414 of 7414

Thread: U.S. 2014/2016 Election Thread: The Man in the High Chair

Ereshkigal, stop and listen to yourself for a minute, okay?

I am not "defending Obama" for anything. I'm lucid enough to know that this has nothing to do with Obama.

Trump has made claims that amount to political quackery, and tried using it to justify a healthcare bill that would have left 26 million people with no treatment. You guys talk of costs and entitlements, forgetting that people will die without treatment.

Children with cancer, senior citizens with Alzheimer's disease, women with breast and ovarian cancer, men with prostate cancer, they all would DIE if this bill had been passed. Does DEATH mean a thing to you all?

You claim to be pro life, but the bill would have eliminated maternity leave and obstetrician care. THINK about it. Think of how many women would miscarry or self-abort due to being unable to afford an obstetrician and not being able to follow proper dietary and hygiene required to keep an unborn child healthy.

You claim minimum wage isn't a right and that "burger flippers don't deserve the privilege," but just TRY paying a dentist to repair a chipped tooth when you make $7.50 an hour. You can't LIVE on that and expect to pay for medicine.

You always give us the numbers and costs, but forget, people are not statistics, people are real. And the suffering and DEATH that would occur if the ACA was taken would be VERY real.
    There are three certainties in life: Death, Taxes, and that someone will tell you the thing about death and taxes sooner or later.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordent99 View Post
    Ereshkigal, stop and listen to yourself for a minute, okay?

I am not "defending Obama" for anything. I'm lucid enough to know that this has nothing to do with Obama.

Trump has made claims that amount to political quackery, and tried using it to justify a healthcare bill that would have left 26 million people with no treatment. You guys talk of costs and entitlements, forgetting that people will die without treatment.

Children with cancer, senior citizens with Alzheimer's disease, women with breast and ovarian cancer, men with prostate cancer, they all would DIE if this bill had been passed. Does DEATH mean a thing to you all?

You claim to be pro life, but the bill would have eliminated maternity leave and obstetrician care. THINK about it. Think of how many women would miscarry or self-abort due to being unable to afford an obstetrician and not being able to follow proper dietary and hygiene required to keep an unborn child healthy.

You claim minimum wage isn't a right and that "burger flippers don't deserve the privilege," but just TRY paying a dentist to repair a chipped tooth when you make $7.50 an hour. You can't LIVE on that and expect to pay for medicine.

You always give us the numbers and costs, but forget, people are not statistics, people are real. And the suffering and DEATH that would occur if the ACA was taken would be VERY real.
    You have to understand that some people get very lucky and never have any problems to go through, and they just assume others also don't. Healthcare everywhere else in the world, in first world countries and even some not is completely free and considered a right. Literally the only reason it isn't here is because of corporations and greed of billionaires.

Quote Originally Posted by Ereshkigal View Post
    When has copying the rest of the world ever worked out for Americans?
    Maybe if we actually did it instead of just pretending to.

Anyway, that aside, do you really want me to go through the "healthcare is a right" speech or what

PM me if you want my Discord.
    It's way easier than getting in touch with me on here.

Quote Originally Posted by The Admiral View Post
    Maybe if we actually did it instead of just pretending to.

Anyway, that aside, do you really want me to go through the "healthcare is a right" speech or what
    It's not even a question, it's in the declaration of independence.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    It's not even a question, it's in the declaration of independence.
    My point exactly.

I could also get into the inherently dehumanizing nature of commercialized healthcare even aside from that, but again, only if people want to hear me ramble for... er, for about fifteen minutes... about this kind of stuff. I think most of us are on board with everything I'd have to say anyway but still

You have to understand that some people get very lucky and never have any problems to go through, and they just assume others also don't. Healthcare everywhere else in the world, in first world countries and even some not is completely free and considered a right. Literally the only reason it isn't here is because of corporations and greed of billionaires.
    They don't get lucky. They feed off the poor and the underclass like parasites. And they call US "grubbers" and "freeloaders". Stuffing their filthy mouths and getting fat while the folks who "aren't entitled" go hungry, it's... There's a word for it, but I won't say it.

Greed is one of the Seven Deadly Sins, Yuoke, and Love of Money is the Root of All Evil, as the Good Book says.

Quote Originally Posted by The Admiral View Post
    My point exactly.

I could also get into the inherently dehumanizing nature of commercialized healthcare even aside from that, but again, only if people want to hear me ramble for... er, for about fifteen minutes... about this kind of stuff. I think most of us are on board with everything I'd have to say anyway but still

We tried words. They didn't work. It's time for actions.
    Last edited by Mordent99; Yesterday at 11:20 PM.
    There are three certainties in life: Death, Taxes, and that someone will tell you the thing about death and taxes sooner or later.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slate...mes_brown.html

This week's "GOP is (insert racist, sexist, etc.)" moment.

Well looks like the Trump White House is removing LGBT from the census so there goes a lot of representation for issues.

Also Tom Perez has asked all DNC staff members to send letters of resignation.
    Last edited by bobjr; Today at 6:12 AM.

And to make matters worse the Republican controlled Congress just passed a bill to repeal Net Neutrality with President Trump just moments away from signing the bill into law with added provisions to prevent others from being able to undo the piece of legislation:

https://edgylabs.com/2017/03/28/net-...cc-regulation/
    Help Save the Open Internet and Net Neutrality from Trump -

https://actionnetwork.org/petitions/...e=direct_link&

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code for Pokemon X Version: 3196 - 3039 - 5914

^How does that even work? How can you block democracy beyond the Constitution?

Anyways I guess the next Democratic President will have to bomb the Senate Yeltsin-style to get sh** done.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..

Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

How about single payer, like the rest of the world?
    they will be amazing, if only our politician weren't bought out by heath insurance company and big phama. and actually care about the people.

Quote Originally Posted by Remix2 View Post
    they will be amazing, if only our politician weren't bought out by heath insurance company and big phama. and actually care about the people.
    that's not what's blocking single-payer.

we have an american populace who also don't want it.

quit repeating bernie one-liners dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by chuboy View Post
    Quick, someone get the scientific community onto this one! A truly brilliant hypothesis that would have been insofar overlooked by every researcher who has contributed to this field of science. And it's only 8th grade stuff!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Zero
    I roam Johto with my partner Pokemon, Rattata, who knows Hyper Fang, Sunny Day, Rock Smash and Cut. Anyone who runs with more than one Pokemon or evolves their Pokemon takes the game way too seriously.

Jane Goodall has come out and condemned Trump's environmental stance. (Yeah, I know, I thought she was dead too. She ain't.) Gonna be interesting to see Trump try to discredit her.

The Catholic Church too. (You know, the guys criticized for staying quiet about Germany during World War II.

It does seem his apologists are running out of options.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostAnime View Post
    that's not what's blocking single-payer.

we have an american populace who also don't want it.

quit repeating bernie one-liners dude.
    Here's what I could find in terms of recent statistics. Overall, most polls I could find over the last few years about single-payer have suggested that a slight majority of Americans want some actual government involvement other than insurance when it comes to their healthcare.

I think the problem is that support for it on the part of Democratic politicians is... mixed. (and current Republican politicians wouldn't exactly go for it in droves, especially if it means higher taxes on the wealthy, but I'd love to be proven wrong on this one)

Page 297 of 297 FirstFirst ... 197247287293294295296297