Page 244 of 285 FirstFirst ... 144194234240241242243244245246247248254 ... LastLast
Results 6,076 to 6,100 of 7116

Thread: U.S. 2014/2016 Election Thread: The Man in the High Chair

oh great now trump is now suggesting to jail people or take there citizenship away form people for doing free speech.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...cid=spartanntp

whatever you agree or disagreed with flag burning I think we can all agree we shouldn't jail people for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Remix2 View Post
    oh great now trump is now suggesting to jail people or take there citizenship away form people for doing free speech.

whatever you agree or disagreed with flag burning I think we can all agree we shouldn't jail people for it.
    Only steps away from north korean territory.

And to make matters worse, here's the 3-minute response that transition spokesman Jason Miller gave to CNN. He completely deflects the repeated question of whether or not he agrees that flag burning is protected by the First Amendment. It is the most grotesque display of failed discussion, and I swear it is everything that is wrong with our partisan-to-a-fault politics today. I'm livid.

Spoiler:- My thoughts on everything wrong with this video:
    I'm back on the forums, y'all! Here's my short story!
    Please take a look and share your thoughts!

Click here to participate in the contest due December 1st!

Banner Credit: American-Pi

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2016/11/29...ampaign=PNMOBT

Also in Texas news, Texas officials, with the support of Governor Greg Abbott, established new rules preventing health care facilities from disposing of fetal remains following an abortion or any miscarriage that requires a medical procedure. Instead, women must now pay for the burial or cremation of the remains.

Just Dance

Quote Originally Posted by bobjr View Post
    http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2016/11/29...ampaign=PNMOBT

Also in Texas news, Texas officials, with the support of Governor Greg Abbott, established new rules preventing health care facilities from disposing of fetal remains following an abortion or any miscarriage that requires a medical procedure. Instead, women must now pay for the burial or cremation of the remains.
    I feel like this is going to lead to manual abortions, like coat hangers.

It's not even abortions. Any miscarriage also counts.

And for those unaware this is a 4-5k cost on the mother.

Just Dance

Quote Originally Posted by SlowPokeBroKing View Post
    Thank you both for proving that you don't read. I said explicitly that the woman must be qualified. I didn't say we should vote for any random woman all willy-nilly.

Also, the fact that both of you determined what I said was sexist, you didn't read the first part of my post and clearly don't understand what sexism is.

And don't start on affirmative action. At least understand what you're talking about before you talk about it.

Just came back to give you the always wise words of Bernie sanders

"It's not good enough to say I'm a woman vote for me, we need a woman who will stand up to corruption."

Die hard Hillary people don't seem to get this, even after trump demolished them.

Losing the popular vote amid blatant voter discrimination doesn't count for a demolishing victory.

Just Dance

Quote Originally Posted by Raze Fan View Post
    Just came back to give you the always wise words of Bernie sanders

"It's not good enough to say I'm a woman vote for me, we need a woman who will stand up to corruption."

Die hard Hillary people don't seem to get this, even after trump demolished them.
    So by demolishing them....you mean by getting over 2 million less in the popular vote and the three key swing states all within a hundred thousand votes.

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    So by demolishing them....you mean by getting over 2 million less in the popular vote and the three key swing states all within a hundred thousand votes.
    I thought final counts put hillary with a 6 million lead on trump in the popular vote?
    Credit to atari!

All that remains till the shiny national dex is mine!
        Spoiler:- spoiler:

Sarah Palin looks to be the Secretary of Veteran affairs. Are people still saying to give him a chance?

Just Dance

Sarah Palin looks to be the Secretary of Veteran affairs. Are people still saying to give him a chance?
    How many years did Democrats try to "play nice" with a party of actual fascists, again?

Of course they will.

PM me if you want my Discord.
    It's way easier than getting in touch with me on here.

Sarah Palin with a chance at any kind of power again? Please for the love of god no. I thought the GOP buried her after the election she killed a few years ago.
    Credit to atari!

All that remains till the shiny national dex is mine!
        Spoiler:- spoiler:

But I thought he was draining the swamp?

Prime Minister Muhammad Nawaz Sharif called President-elect USA Donald Trump and felicitated him on his victory. President Trump said Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif you have a very good reputation. You are a terrific guy. You are doing amazing work which is visible in every way. I am looking forward to see you soon. As I am talking to you Prime Minister, I feel I am talking to a person I have known for long. Your country is amazing with tremendous opportunities. Pakistanis are one of the most intelligent people. I am ready and willing to play any role that you want me to play to address and find solutions to the outstanding problems. It will be an honor and I will personally do it. Feel free to call me any time even before 20th January that is before I assume my office.

On being invited to visit Pakistan by the Prime Minister, Mr. Trump said that he would love to come to a fantastic country, fantastic place of fantastic people. Please convey to the Pakistani people that they are amazing and all Pakistanis I have known are exceptional people, said Mr. Donald Trump.
    That first paragraph is a direct quote by Donald Trump, and it makes English cry.

Just Dance

This isn't beating a dead horse. This is beating the dead horse, using necromancy to bring it back from the dead, and then beating it back into the ground. Why is she allowed to have power again? Just why? I thought she was ancient history.
    "Everyone creates the thing they dread. Men of peace create engines of war. Invaders create Avengers. People create... smaller people? Er... children! I lost the word there. Children. Designed to supplant them. To help them end."

"Momentai!"

But this is the traditional royal Canterlot voice! It is tradition to speak, using the Royal "we", and to use THIS MUCH VOLUME WHEN ADDRESSING OUR SUBJECTS!!

Mmm, yeah, mostly the guys who voted for him.

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    But I thought he was draining the swamp?

He was lying. Yuoke.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    This isn't beating a dead horse. This is beating the dead horse, using necromancy to bring it back from the dead, and then beating it back into the ground. Why is she allowed to have power again? Just why? I thought she was ancient history.
    I see it more like "beating a dead unicorn". Meaning they're trying to restart something that was never there in the first place. (You know, like the concept of brain-eating zombies in horror movies, police using chalk outlines, or conspiracy theorists using tinfoil hats. People think such concepts are stale clichés that nobody uses anymore, but the truth is, they were never actually common - in fiction or otherwise - to begin with, if they existed at all. But are still stale.) They're trying to breathe life into something that was never truly alive at all.
    Last edited by Mordent99; 1st December 2016 at 3:14 PM.

The push for the electoral college to ditch Trump is growing. All the electors have apparently been given a draft of his connections to Russian oligarchs. 6 that we know of are confirmed to cast their vote for Hilary and that's already unprecedented. 31 to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Baba Yaga View Post
    The push for the electoral college to ditch Trump is growing. All the electors have apparently been given a draft of his connections to Russian oligarchs. 6 that we know of are confirmed to cast their vote for Hilary and that's already unprecedented. 31 to go.
    The fact that 6 already are for hillary alone gives me some faith back to the electoral college and to the country in general. Keep it going guys.

As if I thought the Democratic Party learn there lessons form this election, but of course instead of picking a new leader for the house they instead pick pelosi again.

https://www.google.com/amp/mobile.ny...-ryan.amp.html

As if I thought the Democratic Party learn there lessons form this election, but of course instead of picking a new leader for the house they instead pick pelosi again.

https://www.google.com/amp/mobile.ny...-ryan.amp.html

Why is that a problem? The guy opposing her was political poison. And a fruitcake.

I can see the pro-life people now, saying "How can you defend Planned Parenthood when your Minority Leader supported the Stupak Amendment, you bunch of hypocrites?" Please, as if we need THAT.

He also supported draft reinstatement, and you guys say we didn't learn a lesson?
    I support: Mr. Barrack Obama, Ms. Hillary Clinton, Liberalism in all its forms, LGBT rights, pro-choice, affordable healthcare, Social Security, a Path to Citizenship, and civil rights.

I oppose: Mr. Donald Trump, Conservativism, corporate greed, austerity, the NRA, pro-lifers, fundamentalists, and the death penalty.

I regret: NONE of those views.

The real lesson we haven't learned is having anyone better to go up against her. As long as it's something like "Pelosi vs Tim Ryan" for the party, it's hard to talk about having learned or not learned a lesson there.

PM me if you want my Discord.
    It's way easier than getting in touch with me on here.

...What, exactly, is wrong with Pelosi?

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    ...What, exactly, is wrong with Pelosi?
    Republicans keep saying she "passed Obamacare without reading it".

Which as this tape shows, is a lie. Take a look:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoE1R-xH5To

IMOHO, the folks who actually didn't read it were its detractors.
    I support: Mr. Barrack Obama, Ms. Hillary Clinton, Liberalism in all its forms, LGBT rights, pro-choice, affordable healthcare, Social Security, a Path to Citizenship, and civil rights.

I oppose: Mr. Donald Trump, Conservativism, corporate greed, austerity, the NRA, pro-lifers, fundamentalists, and the death penalty.

I regret: NONE of those views.

Pelosi is still in the top 10% progressive-wise I think, it's more about new blood than anything else. Though if they actually go with the change I'll be okay with her and Shumer staying.

Just Dance

Page 244 of 285 FirstFirst ... 144194234240241242243244245246247248254 ... LastLast