Page 252 of 332 FirstFirst ... 152202242248249250251252253254255256262302 ... LastLast
Results 6,276 to 6,300 of 8289

Thread: U.S. 2014/2016 Election Thread: The Man in the High Chair

Okay, I've cooled down a little since yesterday (where I was blinded by rage) and decided to say a few things to Mr. Swordsman4, who makes a dubious claim in his signature that he believes in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.

I've got news for you, my friend, you do NOT. If you believe in the Bible and take it as God's word, you need to find a pile of rocks and beat to death any woman you've slept with other than your wife, or anyone you know who has done so. If you don't, you will be considered just as damned as they are.

But then you also support a guy who made promises to you, and the moment he became President laughed and went back on them, and then started doing what Hillary was going to do if she got in.

Even if you take the Bible at face value, Trump does not follow God's word. If you actually believe in God and Jesus, you would have voted for the woman who wanted to take care of the poor, build UP social security so the elderly and disabled didn't have to live out what days they had left in humiliation and poverty, the ONLY candidate who SERIOUSLY wanted to get corporations out of politics and would have done it. But you wouldn't handle a woman as President following the ideas of a black man, and hated paying taxes, selfishly claiming, "It's mine, the poor have no right to it." (While at the same time, saying the government should be allowed to force a woman to carry a child to term.) Hillary's philanthropy was a crime in your mind, even though it was the path Jesus would have taken.

You say you follow the word of God, and yet your actions contradict. The desire to treat people like garbage shows that Trump voters you do not follow the God they pretend you do, but instead worship the Golden Cow, much like Trump does, the only true reward for it being to publically call blacks, Hispanics, and Muslims names for a few years. They have sold their souls for their desire to be a jerk.

As a security guard, I work with a bunch of idiots, many who are late relieving my shift, often because they're too lazy to get up early. My supervisors are no better, and the only competent one is a foul-mouthed guy who talks like he's still in the Marines. BUT, one guy I work with who is always on time, always polite, and who always keeps the station clean is a Muslim. I know because he does the prayer when I show up to take over the shift, and I always step aside and give him room, and stay quiet when he does so. I respect the faith of others, never accuse, and never judge. When you respect the beliefs of others, that respect will be returned.

Read Luke 10:29-37 sometime. It's always been one of my favorites.
    Last edited by Mordent99; 5th January 2017 at 11:36 AM.
    I will never forgive the Nerf Guy.

All I know is Netayanhu is an ******* who needs to be gone from power.

Religion doesn't play that large a role in the conflict at all. The core of the conflict are over control of land and nationhood.

http://www.vox.com/cards/israel-pale...about-religion
    I strongly disagree. Zionism may have started out presenting itself as a secular movement but their entire claim to the land was directly taken from the Torah, specifically God's promise in Genesis.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-religious-war

Quote Originally Posted by Maldread View Post
    All I know is Netayanhu is an ******* who needs to be gone from power.
    Netanyahu is a jerk, and I never liked him much to begin with, but bigotry is NOT an excuse for what Trump is doing.

http://www.aol.com/article/news/2017...ears/21648476/

I stay out of religion stuff, because you are bound to piss someone off.

But it is one of the reasons I dislike a majority of Republicans because they bring freaking religion into politics and govt, which is terrible idea.

People have different opinions and religions and the majority of Republicans are Christian and try to enforce Christian policies.

Religion should get out of politics
    Last edited by Power Up; 5th January 2017 at 10:55 PM.

Credit to FairyWitch and her shop

Quote Originally Posted by Power Up View Post
    I stay out of religion stuff, because you are bound to piss someone off.

But it is one of the reasons I dislike a majority of Republicans because they bring freaking religion into politics and govt, which is terrible idea.

People have different opinions and religions and the majority of Republicans are Christian and try to enforce Christian policies.

Religion should get out of politics
    Well yeah, that's arguably been the biggest block to progress in American politics. That and rich people greed, and there's heavy overlap there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordent99 View Post
    Okay, I've cooled down a little since yesterday (where I was blinded by rage) and decided to say a few things to Mr. Swordsman4, who makes a dubious claim in his signature that he believes in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.

I've got news for you, my friend, you do NOT. If you believe in the Bible and take it as God's word, you need to find a pile of rocks and beat to death any woman you've slept with other than your wife, or anyone you know who has done so. If you don't, you will be considered just as damned as they are.

But then you also support a guy who made promises to you, and the moment he became President laughed and went back on them, and then started doing what Hillary was going to do if she got in.

Even if you take the Bible at face value, Trump does not follow God's word. If you actually believe in God and Jesus, you would have voted for the woman who wanted to take care of the poor, build UP social security so the elderly and disabled didn't have to live out what days they had left in humiliation and poverty, the ONLY candidate who SERIOUSLY wanted to get corporations out of politics and would have done it. But you wouldn't handle a woman as President following the ideas of a black man, and hated paying taxes, selfishly claiming, "It's mine, the poor have no right to it." (While at the same time, saying the government should be allowed to force a woman to carry a child to term.) Hillary's philanthropy was a crime in your mind, even though it was the path Jesus would have taken.

You say you follow the word of God, and yet your actions contradict. The desire to treat people like garbage shows that Trump voters you do not follow the God they pretend you do, but instead worship the Golden Cow, much like Trump does, the only true reward for it being to publically call blacks, Hispanics, and Muslims names for a few years. They have sold their souls for their desire to be a jerk.

As a security guard, I work with a bunch of idiots, many who are late relieving my shift, often because they're too lazy to get up early. My supervisors are no better, and the only competent one is a foul-mouthed guy who talks like he's still in the Marines. BUT, one guy I work with who is always on time, always polite, and who always keeps the station clean is a Muslim. I know because he does the prayer when I show up to take over the shift, and I always step aside and give him room, and stay quiet when he does so. I respect the faith of others, never accuse, and never judge. When you respect the beliefs of others, that respect will be returned.

Kinda silly to tell someone they really don't believe that Jesus Christ is our lord and savior out of spite... Especially in an election thread? You don't need to belong to any religion to believe in Jesus Christ/God/Whatever the hell kind of deity you think exists. It's something called personal beliefs and views.

Also kind of hypocritical to tell them they don't believe in said person/being/whatever you want to call him, and then to ramble on about you respecting other people's beliefs.

FC: 3325-6380-7279
    Currently Hunting:
    Friend Safari:
    SR:

Most Recent Shiny:

Quote Originally Posted by Erron Black View Post
    Kinda silly to tell someone they really don't believe that Jesus Christ is our lord and savior out of spite... Especially in an election thread?
    Silly? GOP voters have accused me of being a devil-worshipper and supporting sodomy, simply because I approve of LGBT rights.

You don't need to belong to any religion to believe in Jesus Christ/God/Whatever the hell kind of deity you think exists. It's something called personal beliefs and views.
    Which Trump voters clearly don't respect

Also kind of hypocritical to tell them they don't believe in said person/being/whatever you want to call him, and then to ramble on about you respecting other people's beliefs.
    I do respect other people's beliefs, I'm calling him a liar and fraud who is cherry picking the Bible to support his own selfish views, got it?

https://www.rt.com/usa/372797-societ...0-predictions/

Kremlin mouthpiece reveals Putin's five year Trump pivot plan to USA.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..

Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

And now, Trump claims he wants U.S. taxpayers to pay for his Wall, blatantly breaking his vow to make Mexico pay for it.

http://www.aol.com/article/news/2017...wall/21649148/

You wanted him, Republicans, YOU deal with him.

Silly? GOP voters have accused me of being a devil-worshipper and supporting sodomy, simply because I approve of LGBT rights.

Which Trump voters clearly don't respect

I do respect other people's beliefs, I'm calling him a liar and fraud who is cherry picking the Bible to support his own selfish views, got it?
    1) Did I even ask what people accuse you of because of what you approve of? That's avoiding what I said entirely and making yourself look like a victim of something you just did.

2) Cool, I really don't care, nor did I ask what your thoughts are on Trump supporters.

3) And they're his views. There's no rule anywhere saying you can/can't choose what lines up with your ideals even if it's out of a book. Plus, didn't I say that nowhere in his signature does it say what religion they belong to? They could merely just not belong to any religion and believe in what they believe in.

Also I can't see how calling someone a liar + a fraud because you don't think their beliefs are acceptable is respecting other people's beliefs. Hell, you specifically called them out for this for what reason exactly? It doesn't prove anything and it really doesn't matter in any case whatsoever. If it doesn't line up with your beliefs, so what? I'm agnostic and think the Bible is a load of rubbish, however there's lines and bits in the bible that I think make great, inspirational quotes.

Currently Hunting:
    Friend Safari:
    SR:

Most Recent Shiny:

And now, Trump claims he wants U.S. taxpayers to pay for his Wall, blatantly breaking his vow to make Mexico pay for it.

http://www.aol.com/article/news/2017...wall/21649148/

You wanted him, Republicans, YOU deal with him.
    Hmm, so he's walked back from his proposal to use the PATRIOT ACT to block remittence payments to Mexico as a form of, what I can only describe as diplomatic blackmail to get the Mexican Government to reimburse the US for wall construction costs. That was one of the few policy proposal he actually set out in any detail:

The provision of the Patriot Act, Section 326 - the "know your customer" provision, compelling financial institutions to demand identity documents before opening accounts or conducting financial transactions is a fundamental element of the outline below. That section authorized the executive branch to issue detailed regulations on the subject, found at 31 CFR 130.120-121. It's an easy decision for Mexico: make a one-time payment of $5- 10 billion to ensure that $24 billion continues to flow into their country year after year.
    https://assets.donaldjtrump.com/Pay_for_the_Wall.pdf

What surprised me was how little discussion there was in the media about this proposal to essentially expand the operation of the PATRIOT ACT by executive order - something ironically conservatives have accused President Obama of doing.

That being said, credit where credit it due, the National Review said that this would mean "2016’s most successful “outsider insurgency” would replace the incumbent autocrat with a new autocrat."

And now he's petulantly putting on twitter that the Dishonest media isn't reporting the fact that he still intends to make Mexico pay the US back:

The dishonest media does not report that any money spent on building the Great Wall (for sake of speed), will be paid back by Mexico later!
    I won't link to his twitter feed - It isn't very pleasant to read. He's also currently boasting about how Arnold Schwarzenegger was swamped by the "ratings machine" DJT (referring to himself in the third person) and how "Hillary and the Dems" were never going to beat the passion of his supporters (despite loosing the popular vote).
    Last edited by Pikachu52; 6th January 2017 at 2:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu52 View Post
    Hmm, so he's walked back from his proposal to use the PATRIOT ACT to block remittence payments to Mexico as a form of, what I can only describe as diplomatic blackmail to get the Mexican Government to reimburse the US for wall construction costs. That was one of the few policy proposal he actually set out in any detail:
    That would be a direct violation of the eminent domain clause of the Fifth Amendment. (Not to mention, it would make him a thief.) Seems nobody told him that.

And it also seems nobody told him how easy it would be for Mexico to stop the tens of billions of imports to the States if he ever tried it.

I'm anxious to see how "passionate" his supporters are the next time he appears in public.

That would be a direct violation of the eminent domain clause of the Fifth Amendment. (Not to mention, it would make him a thief.) Seems nobody told him that.

And it also seems nobody told him how easy it would be for Mexico to stop the tens of billions of imports to the States if he ever tried it.

I'm anxious to see how "passionate" his supporters are the next time he appears in public.
    His plan would almost certainly provoke litigation from credit unions and banks unhappy with the new complex and probably illegal regulation that could end up tied in the courts for years.

He also thinks he can use increased tariffs, enforcement of trade rules, visa cancellations or increasing visa fees to either pay for the wall or coerce Mexico to do so. He could seriously damage US Mexican relations

(Not to mention, it would make him a thief.)
    Haven't Trump University, stiffing contractors and avoiding taxes already done that?

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu52 View Post
    His plan would almost certainly provoke litigation from credit unions and banks unhappy with the new complex and probably illegal regulation that could end up tied in the courts for years.

He also thinks he can use increased tariffs, enforcement of trade rules, visa cancellations or increasing visa fees to either pay for the wall or coerce Mexico to do so. He could seriously damage US Mexican relations

Haven't Trump University, stiffing contractors and avoiding taxes already done that?
    all the while Canada will prosper from that damaged relationship most likely. I wonder what the chances of Mexico's next election turning into something like the states and having smoeone like Trump win... could that happen? (sorry random question)

Quote Originally Posted by lemoncatpower View Post
    all the while Canada will prosper from that damaged relationship most likely. I wonder what the chances of Mexico's next election turning into something like the states and having smoeone like Trump win... could that happen? (sorry random question)
    I don't know enough about Mexican politics to say.

As for TRump like victories, elections in Germany, France and the Netherlands will be the ones to watch.

Mexico's president is already kinda Trump-lite, it's just a country without the pull America does. Same with the Philippines.

Also prison wardens are already volunteering to use prison labor to build the wall.
    Last edited by bobjr; 6th January 2017 at 5:52 PM.

Kinda silly to tell someone they really don't believe that Jesus Christ is our lord and savior out of spite... Especially in an election thread? You don't need to belong to any religion to believe in Jesus Christ/God/Whatever the hell kind of deity you think exists. It's something called personal beliefs and views.

This...thank you!

This is exactly why I dislike liberals and liberalism. They claim that to be qualified for any position of power a Christian Conservative must surrender their beliefs. In the name of tolerance in diversity, they restrict and demand conformity to their beliefs. Heck, they silence those that disagree with them.
    I believe in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. I can't thank Him enough for all He has done in my life.

The message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us that are saved it is the power of God.-First Corinthians 1:18

The human heart is the most deceitful of all things, and desperately wicked. Who really knows how bad it is?-Jeremiah 7:9

Heart problems? Go to God.

And I will give you a new heart, and I will put a new spirit in you. I will take out your stony, stubborn heart and give you a tender, responsive heart.-Ezekiel 36:26

Trump trolls don't know it, but we'd be hurt a LOT from a trade war with Mexico.

He're the rundown on the stuff we import from them:

http://www.worldstopexports.com/mexicos-top-exports/

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsman4 View Post
    This...thank you!

This is exactly why I dislike liberals and liberalism. They claim that to be qualified for any position of power a Christian Conservative must surrender their beliefs. In the name of tolerance in diversity, they restrict and demand conformity to their beliefs. Heck, they silence those that disagree with them.
    Liberals are not asking for Christian conservatives to surrender their religious beliefs; liberals just don't want them to force their beliefs onto others.

I have claimed Dialga, Vivi Ornitier, Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Wii U), and "In the Final" - Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story.

My Nintendo Switch FC is SW-6036-6032-0737. If you're interested in playing Splatoon 2 or MK8 Deluxe with me, let me know!

Mordent, I understand your frustration, I truly do. I'd be lying if I said that things that liberals have said haven't made me angry. Luke 10:29-37 is a good Bible verse, and like you is one of my favorites. But I also believe in First Timothy 3:16 and John 3:16. I believe in John 14:6.

I've never been a fan of Trump, I can't stand the guy or his policies. I never said he abides by the Bible. Neither Clinton or Trump's policies were biblical. Abortion, the elimination of free will through liberalism/socialism, and violence in the streets by organizations like Black Lives Matter is not biblical. You have no moral high ground.

Yes, I know I'm filth. That's why God sent His Son Jesus to die on the cross for filth like me and all of sinful mankind because man is incapable of following the law. God knew we were incapable and were all worthy of death, that's why He sent Jesus to die on the cross. I simply recognize what I am and have chosen to accept Christ's payment for me.

Dialga, tell that to Christian bakers who are told that they MUST bake a cake for homosexual weddings or be taken to court and tell that to Christian sports coaches that are censured for OPTIONAL prayer services. Tell that to people who are censured for bringing a Bible to school.
    Last edited by Swordsman4; 6th January 2017 at 11:35 PM.
    I believe in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. I can't thank Him enough for all He has done in my life.

The message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us that are saved it is the power of God.-First Corinthians 1:18

The human heart is the most deceitful of all things, and desperately wicked. Who really knows how bad it is?-Jeremiah 7:9

And I will give you a new heart, and I will put a new spirit in you. I will take out your stony, stubborn heart and give you a tender, responsive heart.-Ezekiel 36:26

This...thank you!

Republicans force Americans to follow their Christian beliefs which is the most ***** idiotic thing. LGBT and Abortion rights are only being fought against by Republicans. And you know why? Cause the Bible says so apparently. And they don't take into the fact that a lot of Americans are not Christian. Still they enforce Christian beliefs. News flash, we all aren't Christian!

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended Dialga View Post
    Liberals are not asking for Christian conservatives to surrender their religious beliefs; liberals just don't want them to force their beliefs onto others.
    This.

Credit to FairyWitch and her shop

[QUOTE=Power Up;18316176]Republicans force Americans to follow their Christian beliefs which is the most ***** idiotic thing. LGBT and Abortion rights are only being fought against by Republicans. And you know why? Cause the Bible says so apparently. And they don't take into the fact that a lot of Americans are not Christian. Still they enforce Christian beliefs. News flash, we all aren't Christian!

Hmm...not everyone believes like you do either; but in order to force us to obey the liberal platform you cloak silencing us with a moral high ground. It's okay to force Christian Conservatives to follow liberal beliefs because we know better than you and your racist/bigoted/hateful.

I've never been a fan of Trump, I can't stand the guy or his policies. I never said he abides by the Bible. Neither Clinton or Trump's policies were biblical. Abortion, the elimination of free will through liberalism/socialism, and violence in the streets by organizations like Black Lives Matter is not biblical.
    Still dwelling on the big lie that Obama is a socialist. Typical. Not helping your case.

You have no moral high ground.
    Really not helping it.

Yes, I know I'm filth.
    True. You are. But you support a man who is not humble in the least.

That's why God sent His Son Jesus to die on the cross for filth like me and all of sinful mankind because man is incapable of following the law. God knew we were incapable and were all worthy of death, that's why He sent Jesus to die on the cross. I simply recognize what I am and have chosen to accept Christ's payment for me.
    And THAT is where your opinion contradicts. Jesus was big on forgiveness, saying "He who is without sin cast the first stone", and to a prostitute, "Go and sin no more." He even forgave the men who convicted and executed him for pete's dake.

You and Trump are into retribution and revenge, and I cannot find even one thing he said that Jesus' words do not contradict.

And if what you're suggesting is that Trump is some divine messenger sent by a vengeful God to punish us, you need psychiatric help.

I've Dialga, tell that to Christian bakers who are told that they MUST bake a cake for homosexual weddings or be taken to court and tell that to Christian sports coaches that are censured for OPTIONAL prayer services. Tell that to people who are censured for bringing a Bible to school.

If you say gay marriage is bad because God says it is, too bad. This is NOT a theocracy, and until God gets off his cloud and tells us his true opinion, you can clam up about it. Like the man said, we do not force our beliefs on others, we'd appreciate the same from you.

Edit:

Hmm...not everyone believes like you do either; but in order to force us to obey the liberal platform you cloak silencing us with a moral high ground. It's okay to force Christian Conservatives to follow liberal beliefs because we know better than you and your racist/bigoted/hateful.
    Do we force you to have abortions? To enter same-sex marriages? No and No. This is NOT a place where the church acts as a prosecutor, judge and jury. Those days are long past.

So stop preaching and telling US what WE must do.
    Last edited by Mordent99; 7th January 2017 at 1:20 AM.

Or how about we just stop talking about religion here, somebody else's beliefs shouldn't concern you any.

Currently Hunting:
    Friend Safari:
    SR:

Most Recent Shiny:

Page 252 of 332 FirstFirst ... 152202242248249250251252253254255256262302 ... LastLast