Page 347 of 347 FirstFirst ... 247297337343344345346347
Results 8,651 to 8,671 of 8671

Thread: U.S. Politics 2017: So much for the tolerant SPPf

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    Looks like Franken is terrible now

Hopefully the party makes him resign
    #MeToo, or what?

EDIT:My god, how many more Left-Wing or political satirist men are going to fall?I smell a conspiracy...
    Last edited by Gamzee Makara; 16th November 2017 at 5:49 PM.
    Here's hoping for Shiny Tapu Bulu, Tapu Lele, and Tapu Fini events that come stateside. Also, why can't there be more rare Vivillon pattern events?!

It's more a men in power thing if anything. It's not a politics thing, it encompasses way more than that.

He has apologized for it.

Meanwhile, four more women have accused Roy Moore of unwanted advances, and he remains in denial, screaming about "Fake News!" each and every time.
    "To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

― Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by bobjr View Post
    It's more a men in power thing if anything. It's not a politics thing, it encompasses way more than that.
    So where's the conservative men being accused by these victims other than Roy Moore and Donald Trump, who weren't called out by #MeToo?

The fact that there's a politically inclined, Donald Trump-parodying, male feminist-based linking element between the accused makes me think this is a spynet-based revenge/Russia Distraction from the US Govenrment...

Apologies no longer matter in the age of social media never forgiving and forgetting:Franken and Takei no longer have any liberal credit. They're sexist by Tumblr standards which means they're garbage humans in their book, which helps destroy the backbone of the anti-Trump mentality. I bet Scott Dworkin is accused before the year's over.
    Last edited by Gamzee Makara; 16th November 2017 at 6:11 PM.
    Here's hoping for Shiny Tapu Bulu, Tapu Lele, and Tapu Fini events that come stateside. Also, why can't there be more rare Vivillon pattern events?!

I mean it's been happening pretty consistently. There was the Alabama governor who had to resign last year, plus comments from women that it's a total boy's club, to the point where women avoid elevators. You're going to see a lot of people get called out soon, and that's a good thing. But to make it a Right/Left politics thing is bad.

Also for the latter I'd say there's a few issues there. One is like most things, it's been male dominated so long that a lot of men in the industry are just kinda "trained" to think what is right. Look at any romantic comedy where it's a fairly average guy with problems who doesn't have to do much to get someone way above his level. Also those 80's comedies where there's seriously dark stuff like Revenge of the Nerds. Also these people have more chances to be around women. If you're openly against women turns out a lot of women won't give you the time of day.

I mean it's been happening pretty consistently. There was the Alabama governor who had to resign last year, plus comments from women that it's a total boy's club, to the point where women avoid elevators. You're going to see a lot of people get called out soon, and that's a good thing. But to make it a Right/Left politics thing is bad.

Also for the latter I'd say there's a few issues there. One is like most things, it's been male dominated so long that a lot of men in the industry are just kinda "trained" to think what is right. Look at any romantic comedy where it's a fairly average guy with problems who doesn't have to do much to get someone way above his level. Also those 80's comedies where there's seriously dark stuff like Revenge of the Nerds. Also these people have more chances to be around women. If you're openly against women turns out a lot of women won't give you the time of day.
    My point isn't about accusations in general, it's about #MeToo rather conveniently not accusing folks that are conservative power player men, unless you are saying that there are no Republican women and men in the movement who were assaulted.

It just seems too much of a coincidence that men who have either criticized Donal Trump, his supporters and the Tea Party and have worked on political dramas like House of Cards or Feminist movies like Wonder Woman are being accused, but no one of powermongering equivalence, such as Sean Hannity(media), the Koch Brothers(puppetmasters), Richard Spencer(Nazi), Scott Adams(Parody), Sargon of Akkad or anyone else their ilk has been accused.

If someone says they're a feminist, but uses that to prey after women, are they really feminist, or are they just using the title because it's a positive thing? I arguably thing the term is something that can't be self applied because of that. Plus look at how these people are treated when it comes out, they're usually pressured to resign or have other people fire them, it's not like they're getting a "Well I still like their work, let's just avoid this". It sucks to have someone you supported turn out to do things like this, but that's what has to happen. It's not like Roy Moore where it's actually encouraging some voters to support him more.

Plus just because all the people you named haven't had someone accuse them of sexual assault doesn't mean they're still bad people for dozens of other reasons. If you support treating women less than men it's really not that different.

It doesn't help that there are men that use religion against LGBT citizens but is secretly depraved as much as child molesting priests. I mean, you saw Moore's lawyer trying to bring up Ali Velshi's background to defend Moore's actions?

Quote Originally Posted by Gamzee Makara View Post
    So where's the conservative men being accused by these victims other than Roy Moore and Donald Trump, who weren't called out by #MeToo?

The fact that there's a politically inclined, Donald Trump-parodying, male feminist-based linking element between the accused makes me think this is a spynet-based revenge/Russia Distraction from the US Govenrment...
    You're a misogynist if you believe this. 'Women can't be taken at face value, they must behave in such a way that matches my political worldview'.

If someone says they're a feminist, but uses that to prey after women, are they really feminist, or are they just using the title because it's a positive thing? I arguably thing the term is something that can't be self applied because of that. Plus look at how these people are treated when it comes out, they're usually pressured to resign or have other people fire them, it's not like they're getting a "Well I still like their work, let's just avoid this". It sucks to have someone you supported turn out to do things like this, but that's what has to happen. It's not like Roy Moore where it's actually encouraging some voters to support him more.

Plus just because all the people you named haven't had someone accuse them of sexual assault doesn't mean they're still bad people for dozens of other reasons. If you support treating women less than men it's really not that different.
    Prey on women, eh? Does George Takei, a gay man, prey on women? This isn't just a women's issue. And who appoints who a feminist as a label? Where is this committee? I thought people were free to choose their own labels? Consistency please.

Brett Rattner, Bill Cosby and Harvey Weinstein were already slimeballs, yes. But I don't believe that Al Franken and George Takei think with their penis as much as you label them as doing due to the evidence provided and those victims' own accounts.

So you're one of those "damn everything they did because they touched mah gender" people. Takei's work on keeping the public reminded of the horrors committed stateside WWII? Must have been talking out of his ***, because he touched somebody. Ruin him! Find a female internment camp survivor with enough personality, speaking ability and clout to get people to listen w/o changing the channel...oh wait, you aren't trying to do that as preperation. Al Franken fighting governmental corruption? Nope, he is just another corrupt pig with a penis(the fountainhead of ALL evil, after all), as bad as Trump and his kind because of one bad night that invalidates everything he worked for.. Alright, who's gonna replace him on the "intelligent Senators fighting the mess in government" lineup in the Democratic Party? Name me one Wisconsin woman knowledgeable about Wisconsin issues and qualified under the rules for being a senator from Wisconsin that has equivalent political skill, savvy, wit that can hit where it hurts and isn't just more qualified because they are a woman, Trans or Non-Binary. I dare you.

A sexist act does not a sexist make. But I guess that "once a pig, always a pig, and I'm the butcher, like everyone else" is a more convenient way of thinking.

For the record, I believe the victims, but I wish they'd ask for reparations already.

This is why I'm against big generalization brushes painting everyone the same color instead of dealing with things on a case by case basis.

And I wasn't going to reveal this, but I am a victim of sexual assault. By a male high school sexist pig(Who beat his mother, his girlfriend and sexually harassed 2 of my female friends) on the bus when I was in middle school. He had stolen a dildo from a local sex shop, and, because I was sitting too far in the back in"his territory" for his liking, he decided to test his "toy" in my rectum. I still can't crap correctly due to the fact that I reflexively clench even when nothing's going on. You wanna know why I never #MeToo'd him? Because he died in a car crash the next day.

The question becomes:When does fighting the patriarchy benefit the patriarchy?

Quote Originally Posted by Scammel View Post
    You're a misogynist if you believe this. 'Women can't be taken at face value, they must behave in such a way that matches my political worldview'.
    Coincedences are not correlations, but I was talking more about how this is a troubling pattern. They can reveal whomever:It's not my place to say anything otherwise.

I say it again:I believe ALL the victims, you assume I don't? Misanthrope.
    Last edited by Gamzee Makara; 16th November 2017 at 9:07 PM. Reason: I BELIEVE THE VICTIMS.

They can accuse whomever they please:It's not my place to say anything otherwise.
    Well, that's goo-

I was talking more about how this is a troubling pattern.
    Oh.

You're looking for a pattern or some other explanation behind the reports, because you don't really believe them. You're looking for political motive, because you can't take women reporting sexual harassment/assault at face value.

Gamzee, WHY are you defending a pedophile?
    "To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

― Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Mordent99 View Post
    Gamzee, WHY are you defending a pedophile?
    He... hasn't? Christ, he's clearly politically aligned with you.

Well, that's goo-

Oh.

You're looking for a pattern or some other explanation behind the reports, because you don't really believe them. You're looking for political motive, because you can't take women reporting sexual harassment/assault at face value.

Context:I was talking about the troubling amount of people in power on my side who aren't always on the Up and up. No gotcha there.

Also...HOW DARE YOU. ROY MOORE IS THE SPAWN OF SATAN FOR MOLESTING A CHILD. And he had the nerve to weaponize the Bible as a defensive countermeasure(which outright says no adultery or pedophillia, no matter what age of humanity society is in)...he is EVIL.

Context:I was talking about the troubling amount of people in power on my side who aren't always on the Up and up. No gotcha there.
    Oh, come off it. You went so far off the pier that you claimed the accusations were devised by the administration:

...makes me think this is a spynet-based revenge/Russia Distraction from the US Govenrment...
    It's clear that women play second fiddle to your personal politics. It's simple misogyny.
    Last edited by Scammel; 16th November 2017 at 9:55 PM.

Also...HOW DARE YOU. ROY MOORE IS THE SPAWN OF SATAN FOR MOLESTING A CHILD. And he had the nerve to weaponize the Bible as a defensive countermeasure(which outright says no adultery or pedophillia, no matter what age of humanity society is in)...he is EVIL.
    I'm glad we agree on that.

― Theodore Roosevelt

Oh, come off it. You went so far off the pier that you claimed the accusations were devised by the administration:

It's clear that women play second fiddle to your personal politics. It's simple misogyny.
    I was worried about it being a plot, but I stopped thinking on that train, and adjusted myself afterwards:stop trying to gotcha.

In terms of the whole rooster talk, I always find amusing that sexual misconduct is generally taken more negative than war crimes, ethnic cleansing, corruption, and treason. But yes, in some countries like Russia and Turkey sexual misconduct or fictional claims of such misconduct are used to take down political opponents, often by abusing intelligence services. This is particularly common in USA as well, as many left-wing and some right-wing political figures were taken down by such fictional claims by FBI and CIA. This is a very traditional strategy in reelpolitiks, indeed.

But no, the current sexual misconduct events in USA is more closely following the UK sex scandals, where all parties have sexual abusers in them like in USA.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..

Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

It's also the hypocrisy.

The only time conservatives seem to care about sex crimes is when a Democrat is suspected of it.

Bill Clinton is considered a monster because of the Lewinski thing, but it didn't end there. Pizzagate, Ms. Clinton "laughing at a rape victim" while defending her attacker, accusations linking him to some brothel in South America, it's all madness.

I would never, in a million years, believe America would degenerate into a nation of conspiracy crazy loons, but it HAS.

― Theodore Roosevelt

Admittedly I've been less positive about Franken over the last... month or so for political reasons, then this happens, and I... actually think this one is kind of a surprise, but I digress.

What's not a surprise is seeing all the people insist they're not treating him different while still, uh, treating him different. My mom has had a good track record with this kind of thing but insists on referring to this as a "jerk moment." Granted, she also started into this whole victim-blamey **** when the most recent (I think most recent?) Kevin Spacey victim to come forward said he was 18 and in a bar. She started in on this whole "well, why was he in that bar?" thing which did actually get to an explicit statement that things would have been different if he weren't in that bar, albeit in different words, and I didn't have the words to explain why that kind of thinking is blaming the victim, maybe because I was so utterly dumbfounded by how stupid it was.

PM me if you want my Discord.
    It's way easier than getting in touch with me on here.

See this?

http://www.newser.com/story/251720/t...nkenstein.html

The idiot actually misspelled "Frankenstein".

― Theodore Roosevelt

Page 347 of 347 FirstFirst ... 247297337343344345346347