Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Coming Back for the Cold (826)

Default Coming Back for the Cold (826)

The Aurora Bond! Amaura and Aurorus!!

Reuniting with Alexa, Ash & co. decide to visit the Fossil Laboratory in Ambrette Town, to help Alexa with a feature she is doing. While exploring the laboratories, one of the scientists shows them a recently revived Amaura and Aurorus, two very rare ancient Pokémon. After some time playing with the young Amaura, Ash & Co. go to take a break, which is when Team Rocket sneak in to steal Amaura. Will Ash & co. be able to rescue it and return it to its parent?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

The episode starts off with Ash having a training battle with Froakie and Fletchling on a battlefield, somewhere in Ambrette town.

After the battle finishes, someone applauds and walks onto the battlefield and it is Alexa.

Helioptile says hello to Pikachu and then Dedenne says hello to Helioptile, but Helioptile gets scared.

Ash and co. then head to this fossil insitute to learn more about the fossil Pokemon, Amaura and Aurorus.

Team Rocket aren't far behind, hiding behind some bushes and listening in on what they were talking about.

Clemont is so excited to see the collection of fossils.

Ash and co. are given winter coats because they'll be entering a room that is freezing cold and is filled with snow.

Ash trips over and then he and Pikachu meet an Amaura.

Clemont is really happy to see it as well.

Helioptile is inside Alexa's coat, that's pretty cute.

An Aurous than comes up to the Amaura and Clemont is even more excited.

Amaura gets friendly with Ash, by snuggling up against him and then Amaura snuggles against Bonnie.

Amaura does the same thing to Clemont and in the sky, is a device that Team Rocket are using to spy on Ash and co.

Serena can't stand the cold and Ash says something that makes Serena pull an embarrassed face.

Ash and co. then walk away from the fossil Pokemon and Team Rocket are now trying to break into the institute.

Dare Da? Amaura.

Team Rocket have no entered the snow dome and Jessie is excited to see an Amaura in person.

Team Rocket then lead the Amaura outside the dome and into their truck, with bars for a door at the end.

With Jessie in the truck, James and Meowth now try to get Aurorus into the truck, but because of its size, they struggle.

Aurorus hears Amaura's cries and then gets agitated, so Team Rocket leave Aurorus behind.

The scientists at the lab discover that Amaura is gone and are worried.

The sky now has something like the aurora borealis going on and Ash and co. run to try and chase down the poachers.

Amaura is letting off some cold air in the truck, which annoys James and Meowth I think and now the tired Amaura, lies down.

As the sun is setting, Ash and co. are still trying to find Amaura, but they don't have any luck.

It's now nighttime and Team Rocket have stopped the truck.

Aurorus and the others are on side of a river and Aurorus is screaming out to the poached Amaura.

Amaura finally hears Aurorus and shouts back, creating another northern lights thing in the night sky.

Ash and co. then come to where Amaura is and they find out that Team Rocket are the thieves.

Wobbuffet comes out and then so does Chepsin.

Inkay comes out and battles Chespin.

Chespin uses Pin Missle.

Serena and Bonnie try to rescue Amaura, but Meowth stands in their way, so she brings out her Fennekin which uses a new move?

Pikachu uses Thunderbolt, but Wobbuffet uses Magical Coat or whatever to reflect the attack back.

Aurorus then uses an Ice attack to freeze Team Rocket and they soon get sent blasting off.

I think Aurorus then heals Amaura and a truck pulls up, with some of the scientists from the lab.

Amaura and Aurorus are now back in the snow dome and are happy.

Ash and co. then play in the snow dome after that.

To be continued.
    Last edited by playerking; 17th April 2014 at 11:26 AM.

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

Serena is sending out Fenniken yay and battling finally.

Oh come on, Hidden Power again?? Really writers?? Jeez you guys are obsessed with that move since BW.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

I don't remember them using hidden Power that much in BW. I think they overused in DP though. I counted it and Dp used it 15 time and Bw use it 12 times.
    Last edited by p96822; 17th April 2014 at 11:57 AM.

I'm starting to get embarrassed of how stupid I was for believing Ash was going to catch Amaura. Guess my original theory of no one on main cast ever catching a fossil pokémon was right all along

Black2/
    Heart Gold/X Trainer Card:
    • Name- Dale Hudson
    • Status- Trying to find Serena after she and the Skrelp were attacked by a school of Sharpedo
    • Idols- Tucker Satoshi, Red, Cynthia, Alder, Lance
    • Hometown- Aspertia City, Unova, USA
    • Graduated from- Aspertia Academy

Wow!Serena battled for the first time.And Fennekin has Hidden Power>.>Of all the moves,they have it Hidden Power.Maybe they're trying to say that it had a "hidden power" or "hidden potential".

I liked how Amaura grew weaker in a warmer environment.No chance of capture there.The thing needs permanent cold to survive.

I also like the little training at the start of the episode.Fletchling still has Double Team...interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    I'm starting to get embarrassed of how stupid I was for believing Ash was going to catch Amaura. Guess my original theory of no one on main cast ever catching a fossil pokémon was right all along
    And Gary Oak, someone who was in the cast is complete ignored. What you expect, it's a once dead Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by p96822 View Post
    I don't remember them using hidden Power that much in BW. I think they overused in DP though. I counted it and Dp used it 15 time and Bw use it 12 times.
    He's right- Bulbapedia lists more DP episodes where it's used than BW.
    So much credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner!

Stop it XY! You keep giving me these filler episodes and I keep on enjoying them! I'm suppose to complain about fillers, but you aren't giving me a reason to complain. These fillers are quite enjoyable. Today's episode was no exception either. I wasn't that impressed with the preview for this episode but overall the episode flowed very nicely. I loved Clemont going nuts at the beginning when going to see some fossils. A true geek. I love Clemont. Serena was enjoyable with her reactions to fossils. I'm guessing Serena was not impressed with looking at dead rocks. Bonnie was her usual show stealing self. Oh and Alexa was in the episode too. I was so into everyone else I forgot she was even here. She really doesn't stand out for me, at all.

Anyway the main cast got to meet Littlefoot and his mother. I have to say I'm surprised at how much I enjoyed Amaura and Aurorus. The cast playing with it, throwing snowballs at it, sliding into it, hugging it and making Serena and Bonnie squee. Quite enjoyable. I of course loved Aurorus cry. It's the same as the games which I also love. Honestly the only point when this episode dropped is when Team Plot Device showed up. This is when the episode became predictable for me. Though I must admit James and Meowth trying to push a massive ice dinosaur into a truck was amusing. Clemont and Chespin battled for like a hot second. Even Serena tried to use Fennekin against Meowth. Three episodes in a row for Serena and Fennekin, color me surprised.

Overall a pretty nice filler. Not the best by any means. Again once Team Plot Device show up the episode becomes predictable. I liked the scenes with everyone playing with Amaura, Serena displeasure of rocks and the cold, Bonnie's concern for Amaura, and the Pokemon themselves. I seriously loved when they all slid into Amaura at the end. Very cute XD
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

I think it's psyshock what fennekin used not hidden power, plus good bonding episode was the cast and amuara was a pretty cool pokemon in the episode. Also good that ashwas training at the start of the episode and pikachu wasn't the one to finish team rocket off.

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    Stop it XY! You keep giving me these filler episodes and I keep on enjoying them! I'm suppose to complain about fillers, but you aren't giving me a reason to complain. These fillers are quite enjoyable. Today's episode was no exception either. I wasn't that impressed with the preview for this episode but overall the episode flowed very nicely. I loved Clemont going nuts at the beginning when going to see some fossils. A true geek. I love Clemont. Serena was enjoyable with her reactions to fossils. I'm guessing Serena was not impressed with looking at dead rocks. Bonnie was her usual show stealing self. Oh and Alexa was in the episode too. I was so into everyone else I forgot she was even here. She really doesn't stand out for me, at all.

Anyway the main cast got to meet Littlefoot and his mother. I have to say I'm surprised at how much I enjoyed Amaura and Aurorus. The cast playing with it, throwing snowballs at it, sliding into it, hugging it and making Serena and Bonnie squee. Quite enjoyable. I of course loved Aurorus cry. It's the same as the games which I also love. Honestly the only point when this episode dropped is when Team Plot Device showed up. This is when the episode became predictable for me. Though I must admit James and Meowth trying to push a massive ice dinosaur into a truck was amusing. Clemont and Chespin battled for like a hot second. Even Serena tried to use Fennekin against Meowth. Three episodes in a row for Serena and Fennekin, color me surprised.

Overall a pretty nice filler. Not the best by any means. Again once Team Plot Device show up the episode becomes predictable. I liked the scenes with everyone playing with Amaura, Serena displeasure of rocks and the cold, Bonnie's concern for Amaura, and the Pokemon themselves. I seriously loved when they all slid into Amaura at the end. Very cute XD
    They've got to have their 2nd act conflict some how, and honestly, would it really make a difference if it were the TRio or just another bounty hunter? It would be kind of stupid if the Amaura just happened to escape from a well-recognized fossil restoration lab by accident.
    3DS Friend Code: 2363-6123-7178

"It's simple: Overspecialize, and you breed in weakness. It's slow death."
    — Major Motoko Kusanagi, Ghost in the Shell

Banner by: Skiyomi
    Chapters created so far: 9
    The link is in th picture. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by PokeMaster366 View Post
    They've got to have their 2nd act conflict some how, and honestly, would it really make a difference if it were the TRio or just another bounty hunter? It would be kind of stupid if the Amaura just happened to escape from a well-recognized fossil restoration lab by accident.
    Personally I wouldn't mind another bounty hunter using stronger Pokemon then what Team Plot Device has. I liked this episode, but again once Team Plot Device showed up it became predictable and I could guess what would happen. I think I'd actually take Amaura escaping the lab by accident and wondering around doing random stuff around the city with the main cast trying to catch it rather then sit through Team Plot Device again. But that's not what happened.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Quote Originally Posted by flazeo25 View Post
    I think it's psyshock what fennekin used not hidden power,
    She clearly mentions Hidden Power (i.e., "Mezameru Pawaa").

Now, regarding this episode. I think they in a way clarified why they didn't give Grant Amaura.

Its seemed because Amaura can't survive for long duration of time in normal weather condition. It needs to stay in a cold place in order to survive and stay healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    Personally I wouldn't mind another bounty hunter using stronger Pokemon then what Team Plot Device has. I liked this episode, but again once Team Plot Device showed up it became predictable and I could guess what would happen. I think I'd actually take Amaura escaping the lab by accident and wondering around doing random stuff around the city with the main cast trying to catch it rather then sit through Team Plot Device again. But that's not what happened.
    I'm guessing that Hunter J left some pretty big shoes to fill from your perspective. As far as I'm concerned, XY seems to be going for a lighter tone than its DP ancestor, and so far, it's doing a much better job than BW did. Team Rocket can still be a little silly, but at least they aren't showing stupidity to the point where the boss fantasies are happening again. They also seem like a substantially greater threat than previous depictions where they could be more easily be described as Jack Spicer from the Xiaolin Showdown series. In brief, the TRio feel more like somewhat competent thieves with a comedic side than mechanical geniuses that constantly get beaten by the main heroes and bullied into helping the more dangerous villains.
    3DS Friend Code: 2363-6123-7178

"It's simple: Overspecialize, and you breed in weakness. It's slow death."
    — Major Motoko Kusanagi, Ghost in the Shell

Banner by: Skiyomi
    Chapters created so far: 9
    The link is in th picture. Enjoy!

It was a fun episode! I loved how I got to see Clemont and Serena take charge and battle, although I wish Fennekin's attack wasn't deflected. If it happens again by meowth, and if it manages to scratch Fennekin, I can imagine it going berserk and blasting him off to the sky.

amaura is so cute, and I love the bond between it and its parent. The only technical thing that annoys me about it not doing well in warmer climates is the fact that it is an Ice and ROCK type, which is supposed to help it resist fire type moves. I guess battling is different, but I still think that this would make more sense if it were just to be a pure ice type pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario At Service View Post
    She clearly mentions Hidden Power (i.e., "Mezameru Pawaa").

Now, regarding this episode. I think they in a way clarified why they didn't give Grant Amaura.

Its seemed because Amaura can't survive for long duration of time in normal weather condition. It needs to stay in a cold place in order to survive and stay healthy.
    I agree about the gym. It's too bad it won't be a 3 vs 3 so that we could see Fletching also participate.

Name: Arugula
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Can anybody confirm if Iris was indirectly referenced by Ash after Serena complained about the cold?

And man, was Serena a massive pooper earlier this episode. Glad to see Ash actually training though.

Satoshi-kun…〜

The moment I saw that Amaura and Aurorous could only survive in the cold, it became quite obvious that no one was going to catch it. No way... Maybe it's just me, but I got a little annoyed when I kept hearing Serena shout cute so many times. I wonder what Clemont was getting excited about to get that reaction from Serena.

I was so shocked that Serena was fighting too! And it wasn't just Fennekin acting on its own either. This makes me happy and that was Hidden Power I believe. Ok, so it wasn't Psychock, but I'm happy to see Fennkin with a second move nevertheless. I'm hoping Serena will get more time to battler later on. Sure, it's Team Rocket again, but it's a start.
    Disappearance: REWRITE (19/??)
    Author: Mitsukiharu (collaboration account)
    Summary: Legendary pokemon once resided with humans until war and bloodshed turned the center of Johto into a wasteland 150 years ago. The legendaries scattered to keep peace. 5 years after Red was defeated, he and the Green are in a situation like before war broke out. They must find the cause of the disappearances of the legendary pokemon or the world would be thrown into disarray.

My Personal FF Account l Ambition l Four Times The Charm l For The Love of Food! l Disappearance: REWRITE (collboration)

It would have been nice if they had aurorus's frills turn colors based on its mood...red/ orange when it's angry and green when it's happy like in the game...they only had it turn blue when it's worried/ weak...
    Draconic Pokemon are King: My Deviant: http://xxd17.deviantart.com

Future Alpha Sapphire Team:

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Can anybody confirm if Iris was indirectly referenced by Ash after Serena complained about the cold?

And man, was Serena a massive pooper earlier this episode. Glad to see Ash actually training though.
    From what i took from that scene he referenced himself not Iris.

My 3DS Friend Code is: 4141-3174-0404

Friend Safari is Dragons (Noibat, Sliggoo,Fraxure)

Devoted Pearlshipper and as such I have released Chapter 4 of my new fic :
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9948785...-of-the-tunnel

Overall, I thought this was a very fun episode. I think what this episode taught us is that even though everything pointed towards a capture for someone, it doesn't mean someone will catch it. We've had episodes of the complete opposite like the Palpitoad/Stunfisk captures, which were completely out of the blue and unexpected. One thing I liked was Meowth joining in on the battle. Although, does his canceling out Fennekin's attack mean her Hidden Power is Ghost type? Also, I liked that this episode had some music tracks from Best Wishes like "Gym Leader's Last Pokemon".

Quote Originally Posted by KumaPanda View Post
    The moment I saw that Amaura and Aurorous could only survive in the cold, it became quite obvious that no one was going to catch it. No way... Maybe it's just me, but I got a little annoyed when I kept hearing Serena shout cute so many times. I wonder what Clemont was getting excited about to get that reaction from Serena.

I was so shocked that Serena was fighting too! And it wasn't just Fennekin acting on its own either. This makes me happy and that was Hidden Power I believe. Ok, so it wasn't Psychock, but I'm happy to see Fennkin with a second move nevertheless. I'm hoping Serena will get more time to battler later on. Sure, it's Team Rocket again, but it's a start.
    I honestly didn't know that Amaura and Aurorous could only survive in the cold, a pity really.
    Hall of Fame Gallery (Will update this as I try to find my old cartridges -which likely need to be replayed or have to buy new ones- and finish the Gen IV and after Pokemon games)
    ---------------------------
    Blue
    Trainer name: Camvzqy (I WAS 6 BACK THEN SO I ****ED AROUND WITH THE NAME! ;-; )

Silver
    Trainer Name: Xavier

--------------------------

Dark Amethyst's PokePet

Soul the level 52 Umbreon!

Quote Originally Posted by jrizza88 View Post
    It was a fun episode! I loved how I got to see Clemont and Serena take charge and battle, although I wish Fennekin's attack wasn't deflected. If it happens again by meowth, and if it manages to scratch Fennekin, I can imagine it going berserk and blasting him off to the sky.

amaura is so cute, and I love the bond between it and its parent. The only technical thing that annoys me about it not doing well in warmer climates is the fact that it is an Ice and ROCK type, which is supposed to help it resist fire type moves. I guess battling is different, but I still think that this would make more sense if it were just to be a pure ice type pokemon.

I agree about the gym. It's too bad it won't be a 3 vs 3 so that we could see Fletching also participate.
    All fossil pokemon iirc are part rock type. I think it has to do with the fact that they came from rocks.
    Still Waiting for this guy right here:

MEGA TYPHLOSION

Props to Tommycase for making this beauty!

I liked how Aumura played and bonded with everyone in the XY gang but no one in particular if that makes any sense

Quote Originally Posted by Ace Kenshader View Post
    I honestly didn't know that Amaura and Aurorous could only survive in the cold, a pity really.
    I assumed they could only live in the cold because they looked slightly weaker when going into warmer weather. Trying to imagine them at the beach is odd and feels out of place for me.
    Disappearance: REWRITE (19/??)
    Author: Mitsukiharu (collaboration account)
    Summary: Legendary pokemon once resided with humans until war and bloodshed turned the center of Johto into a wasteland 150 years ago. The legendaries scattered to keep peace. 5 years after Red was defeated, he and the Green are in a situation like before war broke out. They must find the cause of the disappearances of the legendary pokemon or the world would be thrown into disarray.

My Personal FF Account l Ambition l Four Times The Charm l For The Love of Food! l Disappearance: REWRITE (collboration)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast