Thread: The Cosmic Voyage [PG]

Default The Cosmic Voyage [PG]

The Cosmic Voyage

To make sure you can get straight to reading the story, here is the chapter index.

Spoiler:- Chapter Index:

NOTE: This is my first fan fiction I have ever written, and will certainly not be the best. I will be open to any suggestion/criticism you have of this story. If this goes well, I may write more fan fictions.

I have always been a big fan of both the science fiction genre as a kid and Pokemon. One of the Pokemon that I find to be the most interesting out of all of them is Deoxys. All that is known about it is that it came from the depths of space and is the only alien Pokemon to exist (depending on what you think of Jirachi). Three Pokemon generations later, and we still have no clue of where Deoxys came from, and if it is the only one of its kind. This fan fiction is intended to answer those questions.

RATING: PG
    I currently plan on keeping this story as non-violent as possible, akin to the Pokemon movies. If this changes, I will modify the rating accordingly.

-----------------------

Prologue

“It has 23 years since the asteroid had entered the gravitational pull of our planet, slamming into the surface in a ball of fire. What emerged was an alien, a Pokemon from beyond this world. It went by the name of Deoxys, and raised many mysteries about its origin. Now, those mysteries can be answered. With the Starbound mission, we shall send mankind into the great beyond, and shall discover the truth about this creature!”

The crowd applauded. Dr. Mason bowed, and walked off the stage, with a pleased look on his face.

“How has the recruitment for the mission been going?”

“So far we have had about eight people sign up, and many more to come,” replied Samantha, her glasses glistening from the light emitted from her computer monitor.

“Perfect,” Mason responded. “The truth shall soon be discovered.”

-------------------------

Jeremy opened the door to his house, greeted by his pet Spheal, Flipper.

“Spheal! Spheal!” Flipper shouted, rubbing Jeremy’s leg.

“Welcome home honey!” his mom said, kissing him on the cheek. “How was school?”

“Fine,” he replied. Walking upstairs to his room, he checked the recent news on his PC.
    Breaking News!

The Starbound mission is now accepting recruits! The rocket will be launched in a week!

Jeremy stared wide-eyed at the screen for a minute before coming to his senses.

This is my chance to escape my miserable life, he thought to himself. In school, he would always be teased for never taking up the challenge of becoming a Pokemon trainer. He would always be picked on and beaten up, never having any friends.

Now he could leave that life all behind.
    Last edited by ShachonianX; 1st June 2014 at 9:42 PM.
    My trade shop is now open!
    --------------------------------------------
    The Cosmic Voyage (on hiatus because of boredom)
    3DS Friend Code: 1418 - 7771 - 0495
    Friend Safari: Grass
    2DS Friend Code: 1865 - 0564 - 3202
    Friend Safari: Psychic
    ---------------------------------------------
    YouTube
    DeviantArt
        Spoiler:- Shiny Pokemon:
    I HAVE CLAIMED SEALEO. YOU WILL PERISH AT THE FLIPPERS OF THE SEALEO MASTER RACE (Spheal was already claimed).

Chapter 1- Into the Unknown

Barry walked into the auditorium nervously. He would be leaving his home planet behind, maybe forever.

I have so many Pokemon to catch, so many regions to explore, he thought. However, he had already made his choice. He walked through the crowd of other recruits, and found an empty seat, right next to another recruit. A kid, probably 11 or 12 years old, wearing glasses.

Might as well get to know some people before we go on this rocket. “So, what’s your name?” he asked the recruit sitting next to him.

In a shaky voice, he replied saying, “My name is-”

He was cut off when a man walked on to stage, bowing to the audience. A loud round of applause was heard.

“Hello, my name Dr. Brant Mason, head of the Starbound mission. Today, all 70 of you shall be going on an adventure into deep space. Your destination is a dwarf planet we found called C-108, also known as Plikaa.” An image behind him appeared on the screen of the world. “The planet has a thin atmosphere, and has many strange geysers on its surface. Think of it as a large comet.” The image on the screen then disappeared. “May I now introduce your to our lead scientist, Professor Samantha Brown.

“Good evening, everyone,” she said as she walked on to the stage. There was once again another round of applause. “I shall be detailing you about your Pokemon. With the help of Bill, inventor of the PC, and the use of genetic modification technology, we have modified your Pokemon so they can breath on the surface of Plikaa. However, you recruits will have to wear a spacesuit.”

At this moment, Barry looked around at his fellow recruits. Most of them were around his age, but a few were slightly older or younger.

“You can take whichever Pokemon you want for your team when exploring the planet,” resumed Samantha. “The only mandatory Pokemon you must have with you is Jirachi.”

How could any of us have a legendary Pokemon that there is only one of? Barry couldn’t understand how this would work. Many of the other recruits were also confused, whispering to each other. “So, what was your name again?” he asked the recruit with the glasses.

“My name is Jeremy,” he replied, looking at Barry quizzically. “What’s yours?”

Barry turned around. “My name? My name is Barry. I come from the Sinnoh region.”

Before their conversation could continue, Samantha continued her speech.

“Seeing as your are all confused, I will explain to you about Jirachi. A year before Deoxys arrived, there was an incident involving Jirachi and a former member of Team Magma. During this incident, we managed to get a DNA sample of this rare Pokemon. Each of you will get a Jirachi, which is intended to teleport you away from danger in an emergency on Plikaa.”

“I come from Hoenn,” said Jeremy quietly.

“Your PC boxes will be accessible onboard the ship,” she continued. “Now, you may go to the changing rooms and change into your space suits. You will then board your assigned rocket. Good luck to all of you.

---------------------------

“Yes yes yes yes!” Catherine yelled happily, running out of the changing rooms in her spacesuit, leaping happily towards the launchpad, her brown hair flying through the air.. “This is so exciting! I’ve always dreamed of going to space! Haven’t you guys?” she said to her fellow recruits. She decided to stop talking, seeing as how her fellow recruits began giving her funny looks.

Boarding an elevator, the recruits were lifted to the entrance of their respective rockets. The rocket hatch automatically opened, and the new astronauts got into their seats.

“T minus 10, 9, 8, 7…”

This is it! There’s no turning back now!

“6, 5, 4, 3…”

Here we go!

“2, 1, blastoff!"

The seven rockets soared into the sky, a blazing flame coming out of the engines. As the ships left the atmosphere and into the orbit of Earth, the recruits got their first views of space.

“Wow, what an amazing view!” said Catherine, in awe of the sight.

The command pod of the ship detached, and started heading towards the mothership. This spaceship was nearly a kilometer long, with multiple landing pods docked to its side. The command pods docked to the ship.

“Why is there gravity all of the sudden?” questioned Barry as he entered the large spaceship.

“Hello,” said a voice over the intercom. “I am Peter, the leader of this mission to Plikaa. I will tell you all you need to know about how things will work on this ship. Incase you’re wondering, this ship uses an artificial gravity device, built by some of our best scientists. There are seven living areas, each with ten dorms. The people you went with on your rockets will be your teammates when exploring, so get to know them!”

At that moment everyone began looking at each other, getting used to their new partners.

“You will be given an hour to get used to your new homes, then you can go to the cafeteria and have some lunch. Peter out.” The noise from the intercom fizzled out.

-------------------

Barry walked into his room, which had a table, bed, PC, and a view of Earth as the mothership left the orbit of its homeworld. He went over to his PC Box, and took out his Gabite, Gabby.

“Gabite! Gabite!” Gabby affectionately smiled at Barry, and Barry smiled back. Remembering what Samantha had said, he opened his PC and found a Jirachi there, just like he had expected. He took the Jirachi out, curious about how it would act. The yellow structure on its head is a purple color, while its ribbons are a dark grey.

“Hello there Barry, my name is Akii the Jirachi. It’s nice to meet you,” the Jirachi said through telepathy.

“Its nice to meet you too,” Barry replied, right when a loud beep was heard.

“Time to go have some tasty slowpoke tails!” yelled Peter over the intercom.

Barry then opened his door. “Make sure to behave yourselves!” he told Gabby and Akii, then left the room. As he began walking to the cafeteria, he thought about the events of this day.

Today was a good day.

------------------------

Author’s Notes: Main Characters

Barry, if you couldn’t tell, is based off your rival (known as Barry) from the Pokemon DPPt games. He looks identical to him, except for the clothes. He is 15 years old.

Jeremy is about 12 years old, with blue eyes, and short blonde hair. As you could tell from this chapter, he wears glasses.

There isn’t too much else to mention about Catherine, except that she has amber eyes.

Drawings of them (except for Barry) may be made one day.
    Last edited by ShachonianX; 21st April 2014 at 1:00 AM.
    YouTube
    DeviantArt
    I HAVE CLAIMED SEALEO. YOU WILL PERISH AT THE FLIPPERS OF THE SEALEO MASTER RACE (Spheal was already claimed).

Chapter 2- Truths and Discoveries

Barry left the room, closing the door behind him. Gabby and Akii were the only ones in the room.

“So, you can talk to humans?” Gabby asked Akii, speaking the Pokemon language.

Akii turned around to face Gabby, and replied. “Yes I can, but I can only do it with telepathy.”

“Tele-what?”

“Never mind.”

Gabby began pacing around the room, before looking back at Akii.

“What can you do? Can you shoot psychic energy at foes? Can you teleport away from danger?” Gabby continued.

“I can teleport, but I don’t think it would be a good idea…” Akii replied, with a worried look on her face.

“C’mon, it couldn’t end up going THAT badly.”

“Okay, fine.”

In a sudden flash of light, Gabby and Akii disappeared, reappearing in a hallway. They could hear two people talking in a room. Both the voices were masculine.

“So, how has the progress been on the voyage to Plikaa?”

“We are slowly getting thee. Any change in speed would result in us missing our target. However, we may have complications, because there might be…”

While Gabby and Akii were eavesdropping, they saw a figure running down the hallway. It was an Oshawott, wearing some strange goggles on his face.

“Who are you?” questioned Gabby.

The strange Oshawott looked at them, but then jumped onto the ceiling, hooking his scalchop to the surface of it. Making another jump, he grabbed onto a grate, sliced it open with his scalchop, then jumped into the air vent he had opened.

Gabby began thinking about what had just happened, and who they had just met?

Who is this Oshawott, and why is he here?

------------------------

Jeremy walked to the cafeteria slowly. Even though he had already started to get to know Barry, he was still unsure of how everyone else would treat him. Upon entering the sleek and clean looking cafeteria, he got himself some food, which was cooked slowpoke tails. He sat down quietly at his group’s table, listening to the conversation going on.

“How many other people would like to introduce themselves?” asked a young boy with green hair and calm brown eyes.

“I would! My name Catherine, and I have always wanted to explore space for my whole life!” she replied.

“What about you?” said the kid in green hair, looking at Jeremy.

“Umm…” Jeremy replied. “My name is Jeremy.”

“My name is Dan,” the other kid replied, shaking his hand

“What’s your Pokemon team?” someone else asked.

“Um…” Jeremy paused for a second. “I’m not a Pokemon trainer.”

“Wait, WHAT?” shouted Catherine. “You have never gone on a Pokemon adventure? And you have decided to go on a mission into an undiscovered world?”

BEEEEEEP!

“Lunch times done! Or was it dinner? I can’t understand space time,” Peter announced over the intercom. “You may now return to your quarters or do whatever you want.”

Jeremy began solemnly walking back to his quarters, his secret revealed.

Nobody is going to accept me for who I am here, he thought to himself. Then someone put a hand on his shoulder.

“Look, don’t be so sad,” Barry told Jeremy. “I can teach you how to be a Pokemon trainer.”

-------------------

Hoping to return to Akii teleported herself and Gabby to another random location. This location happened to be in front of the Oshawott.

The Oshawott turned around, and started looking at them. “Who do you think you guys are? Stalking a bloody secret agent?”

“Well, uh…” Gabby stammered.

“We didn’t mean to follow you.” Akii apologized.

“Its fine. Just forget you ever met me, and stay out of my way. You bloody buffoons.” The Oshawott started walking away, when Akii and Gabby looked at their surroundings.

The entire room was dimly lit, with many crates filled with pokeballs. The Oshawott turned around, and told them one last thing.

“By the way, my name is Miju.”

He walked away into the darkness, leaving Gabby and Akii alone in the darkness.

“So, can you bring us back to Barry’s room now?” asked Akii.

“I can’t teleport to many times… in a row… I feel tired…” Akii then curled up into a ball, falling asleep.

--------------------------

Jeremy and Barry walked into the battlefield onboard the mothership. It had the standard layout of a normal gym battlefield, except the ceiling was glass, with a view of the stars.

“So, do you have any Pokemon, other than the Jirachi we’ve all gotten?” Barry asked.

“I do have a Spheal,” Jeremy answered. “I’m going to go retrieve it from my PC.”

Hearing this, Barry remembered that he left Gabby and Akii in his room. Running back to his room, his opened to find that Gabby and Akii nowhere to be seen.

Where could they be? Never mind, I’ll bring different Pokemon instead.

Activating his PC, he took out his two other Pokemon, Croak the Croagunk, Manta the Mantyke and Branch the Grotle.

Returning back to the battlefield, he saw Jeremy with his Spheal out. At this moment, Barry realized the unfair advantage he had over his partner. He had three Pokemon, while Jeremy only had one.

“Jeremy, here, take this.” Barry handed over one of his pokeballs to Jeremy.

Jeremy had a puzzled look on his face. “What’s in the pokeball?” he asked.

“Seeing as how you would be at a disadvantage in a Pokemon battle, I’m giving you one of my Pokemon.” Barry answered, with a kind expression of his face.

Jeremy took, the pokeball, and sent out the Pokemon. It was a Mantyke.

“Mana! Mana!” it went. It turned around to look at both Jeremy and Barry.

“Manta, this is your new owner and trainer, Jeremy,” Barry told the Mantyke.

Manta looked confused and upset, unsure of her new master.

“Don’t worry, Manta. Jeremy will be kind to you,” Barry assured. Manta then reluctantly flew over to over to Jeremy, who then sent out Flippers.

Barry turned around to look at Jeremy.

“Ready to do some training?” Barry asked.

With a grin on his face, he simply said, “Yes.”

“Lets do this!” shouted Barry, starting the battle.

------------------

Author’s Note: Miju, Gabby, and Akii’s Story

For those wondering, the misadventures of Miju, Gabby, and Akii will be a subplot in this story, which will tie into a major plot twist near the end of the of the story. This subplot will appear every once and a while, and will probably rarely take up a majority of a chapter.
    Last edited by ShachonianX; 1st May 2014 at 1:11 PM.
    YouTube
    DeviantArt

Chapter 3- Battles

With, a mighty swing, Barry sent out his Grotle.

“Grotle!” it shouted in deep, booming voice.

“In order to attack, you need to tell your Pokemon to use an attack,” Barry told Jeremy. “Such as this. Branch, use razor leaf!”

Branch launched a barrage of sharpened leafs straight at Flipper. Unsure of what do, Flipper was hit by the attack and knocked backwards.

“Spheal…” Flipper moaned.

“Try telling your Spheal a move, such as water gun.”

Jeremy looked at Flipper, who was looking dazed.

“If you want to know what moves you Pokemon have, you can just use your Pokedex,” Barry said.

“Flipper, use water gun!” Jeremy shouted.

Dazed and injured, Flipper shot a stream of water at Branch, who endured the hit with his strong body.

“Trust me, you’re going to bet better at this,” Barry assured.

--------------------------

“Great. Just great!” Gabby said, bothered by Akii’s sudden sleep. “Now we’re never going to get out of here,” he muttered.

Then he noticed talking. It wasn’t humans talking to each other, but Pokemon.

“So, do you think anyone is here?” asked a cold, metallic voice.

“Yes,” the other Pokemon said in a ghostly voice. “I could here a voice of another Pokemon.”

Oh great, thought Gabby. I’m being hunted.

Peeking out from behind a crate full of Pokeballs, Gabby saw who the other Pokemon were. It was a Magnezone and Froslass, both patrolling the storage area. The Magnezone was scanning the area with glowing eyes, three large spotlights.

“It’s over there,” the Froslass said, looking in Gabby’s direction. Gulping, Gabby picked up Akii and started sneaking away from his pursuers. As a distraction, he knocked over one of the crates, spilling its contents across the floor.

“I’ll go investigate that noise,” the Magnezone said. It started hovering towards the source of the noise, while Gabby scurried in the opposite direction. Turning around, he saw Miju, leaping onto the back of the metallic foe.

“Who’s there?” the Magnezone shouted. Miju took out his scalchop, and was about to hit his enemy, when he was suddenly knocked off by a shard of ice.

“There he is,” the Froslass said, staring at a dazed Oshawott.

The Magnezone began charging up an electric blast. “So you’re the one who has been causing all of this trouble? Well, consider this payback!”

Gabby then shot a blast of energy from his mouth, knocking the Magnezone onto its side. The electricity ball then was fired into the ceiling, in a large burst of electricity.

Forslass stared at Gabby with cold, unfeeling eyes, and said, “Looks like we have another unwanted visitor.”

----------------------

Jeremy and been training for nearly an hour. He had learned the basics of Pokemon battles, and was ready for catching Pokemon on the surface of Plikaa.

“So, I’ve seen you two have been training,” a girl said.

Jeremy and Barry turned around, and saw Catherine standing at the entrance to the stadium.

“Do you think you are ready for an actual Pokemon battle?” Catherine asked Jeremy, a friendly look in her eyes.

Jeremy replied with a simple, “Sure.”

Catherine’s eyes glistened as she raised one of her Pokeballs.

“Trust me, I won’t go easy on you!” she said. “Go, Zap!” she yelled, sending out a Blitzle.

“Blitzle!” it shouted, staring at Flipper.

“Flipper, use ice ball!” Jeremy commanded.

“Zap, use shockwave!” Catherine told Zap.
    Flipper shot a ball of ice out of his mouth, headed straight for Zap. Zap dodged it, launching a blast of electricity straight at Flipper, with no chance to dodge it.

“Flipper, keep using ice ball!” Jeremy shouted.

Catherine then told her Pokemon, “Zap, use quick attack!”

Despite Zap getting the advantage over Flipper by being faster, he was still knocked out by a powerful ball of ice smashing into it.

“Yes!” Jeremy shouted, leaping into the air. Flipper then let out a happy squeal.

“Trust me, I’m not done with you!” Catherine exclaimed while bringing Zap back into her Pokeball. “Go, Digger!” she then shouted, sending out a Drillbur.

“Flipper, use water gun!” Jeremy yelled.

“Digger, use dig!” Catherine commanded.

Spheal shot a small blast of water at Digger, but it missed. Emerging from the ground underneath the Spheal, Digger sent Spheal flying, eventually crashing into the stadium floor.

“Flipper, you’ve done enough,” Jeremy said, drawing his Pokemon back in. “Go, Manta!” he shouted, throwing out his last Pokemon.

“Manta, use bubblebeam!”

“Digger, use metal claw!”

Digger leapt at Manta, slashing at it with sharp claws. Manta pulled through, and beat its enemy with a strong blast of bubbles.

“Looks like we’re both on our last Pokemon,” Catherine said, sending out her Munna.

“Manta, use wing attack!”

“Sleepy, use hypnosis!”

Before Manta could even attack, he was put to sleep by Sleepy. She then began wailing on Manta with beams of psychic energy.

“No, no, no, no, no, no, no!” Jeremy shouted.

“Looks like I’m going to win!” Catherine happily said.

When Sleepy was about to fire a wave of psychic energy at Manta, he woke up and smashed Sleepy with his fins. Sleepy fell to the ground, knocked out by Manta’s attack.

Catherine stared with a look of dismay on her face.

“Yes! I won my first battle!” Jeremy happily shouted, jumping into the air. Manta also began cheering.

“Looks like you might be a good trainer one day,” Catherine told him. “Well, see you tomorrow!” She then left the stadium, with Jeremy and Barry following shortly after.

------------------------

Miju and Gabby ran through the maze of boxes. They were still being hunted, and could even hear their pursuers destroying crates, hoping to find them. Suddenly, a large chunk of ice destroyed the crates in front of them.

“I found you,” The Froslass said, staring at them.

The Magnezone then appeared behind them, hovering menacingly upon broken crates.

“There’s no escape now!” he shouted, preparing another electric blast.

Miju looked around the area panicked.

I can’t be caught this quickly, thought Miju. The ship hasn’t even arrived at the planet yet!

He then noticed that behind the Magnezone was an exit door, and that there was a stack of crates right next to it. Leaping into the air, Miju sliced the lowest crate of the crate stack, causing it to topple over.

“What the Arceus just happened?” shouted the Magnezone, buried in a pile of Pokeballs.

Putting down Akii, Gabby then leapt at the Floslass and slashed at it with his claws. He then picked up Akii and followed Miju towards the exit. Leaving the room and shutting the door with a clunk, they took a moment to rest.

“So, who exactly are you?” Gabby asked, looking at Miju.

Miju turned around, his high-tech goggles glistening in the light.

“That’s top secret.”
    YouTube
    DeviantArt

Chapter 4- The First Encounter

Dan was sleeping in his bed, experiencing another one of his sights. Every once and a while, he would experience a dream that would seemingly predict future events. However, unlike before, what he was dreaming of wasn’t a happy event. Instead, it was slightly disturbing.

He saw a strange creature, with a serpentine body, rounded head with two glowing eyes, a dolphin-like tail, and what look like a galaxy-shaped object extending from its center. This being was on the top of a mountain that extended into space, riddled with floating rocks suspended in place. This scene then switched to something that looked like it was out of a disaster movie.

The scene was Lumiouse city, with a clear sky. However, that changed when four burning objects appeared in the sky, which appeared to be metallic when the fire surrounding them disappeared. They collided into a nearby forest, shaking the ground. A small ship then descended from the sky, landing in Centrico Plaza. The hatch on it then opened. Before Dan could see who was inside, he woke up at the sound of an alarm.

“A meteor is heading towards our ship!” Peter said over the intercom. “Everyone, evacuate your quarters!”

Dan got out of his bed and began putting on his uniform. Right when he put on his uniform, the meteor ripped a hole in the side of his room. Air began being sucked out into space, turning into small crystals. Terrified, Dan tried to open his door, but discovered that it was locked by a safety mechanism.

Being sucked out by the rush of air leaving his room, Dan desperately grabbed onto his closet, which was bolted to the wall. However, the force of the air was to great, and he was sucked out into outer space.

His internal body temperature began rapidly changing, and he began blacking out due to lack of oxygen.

So, this is how I’m going to die, thought Dan.

He then noticed something strange. He was now in a pink transparent bubble, slowly floating away from the mothership.

I can breath.

He then saw something that shocked him. The creature from Dan’s dreams then appeared in front of him. It then began to speak to him through telepathy.

Hello there, Daniel. I have been expecting you.

------------------------------

For most people in the ship the day the meteor hit was a sad day. They had experienced the first death on their journey to Plikaa, and had discovered that this adventure would not be as easy as expected.

Catherine thought about this on her way to the cafeteria, a sick feeling to her stomach. She walked over to her group’s table after getting some food. There was complete and utter silence. Nobody appeared to be in the to eat their food, and just stared at the table.

Catherine began thinking about the recent events, which had disturbed her greatly.

I always though space exploration would be the time of my life, she thought. I never knew how suddenly and unexpectedly you could die.

She continued looking at her slowpoke tails, poking them with her fork. Catherine didn’t have the appetite to eat anything.

I barely even got to know Dan. We could’ve been friends. He even-

Her thoughts were interrupted when strange pink energy began swirling in the center of the cafeteria. Everyone was transfixed on this bizarre sight, staring at it in awe. The energy started to form a shape, a humanoid figure. More features started to appear, such as hair and facial features. It finally began morphing into a shape that looked human. When the energy dissipated, everyone let out a gasp.

“Dan?”

------------------------------------

Nobody understood what had just happened. People were baffled and trying to make sense of it all. Dan preferred it to be that way. It was better for them not to know, or else everything would go to waste.

Throughout the day, Dan never spoke a word. Wherever he went, he would remain silent. The events that transpired when he encountered that entity were still shocking to him.

“You had been born with a gift, a gift from time itself,” the creature told him those many hours ago. “What has happened in your recent sight is a dangerous event that may change life on Earth forever.”

“But, who are you?” Dan had asked.

“I am Galaklos,” it responded. “I have watched over the galaxy for eons, and keeping it from harm. What you have seen may endanger both Earth and Plikaa, so I need you to do something…”

Dan stopped thinking about what his new mission was, and thought about the last part of the conversation with Galaklos.

“If my sight is correct, then wouldn’t doing this be changing the future, which should be set?” Dan had asked, confused by this paradox.

Galaklos answered him with a statement that would change the way he viewed his sights.

“You aren’t changing the future. You are creating it.”

--------------------------------------

The mothership was slowly approaching its destination. At this point, Miju and Gabby could even see Plikaa’s beige surface and frozen seas through the ship’s windows.

“How long will it take you to wake up?” Gabby yelled, shaking Akii in an attempt to wake her up.

“You realize that using strong psychic powers too many times in a row can tire the user,” Miju explained, with a seemingly easy understanding of the subject.

“How do you know all of this stuff?” Gabby questioned.

“You think a bloody secret agent wouldn’t do any research?” Miju sharply replied. “Speaking of which, who are you?”

“I’m just a Pokemon owned by a normal trainer,” Gabby answered. “And Akii is-”

“I already know about the Jirachi clones.”

They then heard the door behind them bust down, and saw the Magnezone and Froslass.

“Don’t move a muscle!” commanded the Magnezone. “If you do, you’ll be blown to smithereens!”

“In fact, you won’t be able to move at all,” said the Froslass in a ghostly and chilling voice.

Gabby and Miju’s lower halves were frozen in ice, preventing them from moving. At this point Akii began waking up, letting out a yawn.

“Thank Arceus you’re awake!” Gabby whispered to Akii.

“What has happened?” she asked, still tired after waking up.

“It doesn’t matter right now! Just teleport us out of here!”

The Magnezone hovered over towards Gabby, with the Froslass following behind.

“TELEPORT US NOW!”

Gabby, Akii, Miju, and the Magnezone and Froslass then disappeared in a flash of light, their molecular structure flung to a new location in space. For once on the section of the ship they were once in, there was silence.

-------------------------------

AUTHOR’S NOTE: Some Random Stuff

Galaklos is currently the first of many Fakemon to appear in this fanfic. Galaklos is the galaxy Pokemon, and is a legendary.

The inspiration for Miju came from the fact that a) Oshawott is one of my favorite Pokemon, and b) I like Simon Pegg, who appeared in Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol. What does this lead to? A British secret agent Oshawott!
    YouTube
    DeviantArt

This is a review exchange review.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________
    First off, I'd like to say how cool this idea is. It's certainly unique, and has the potential to be great. Just wanted to say that. Now onto the actual review.

Where could they be? Never mind, I’ll bring different Pokemon instead.
    This seems like a really weird response for Barry to have, considering a Gabite just vanished from his room, along with a telepathic, teleporting clone Jirachi. I would have given a little more explanation to why he just decided to leave it.

Also, the fact that Jeremy isn't a trainer, but was still allowed to go on a space mission, which take years of intense training IRL, was a bit strange. Do they not do background checks or something? How did Barry get a Manaphy, when he acknowledges early in the story that legendaries are unique?

Moving on to the positive, I love Miju's character, and I think it's very well executed. The storyline is also very interesting, and except for the details mentioned above I can't find any major flaws. I can't wait to see where this story will go next, and this Galaklos seems really cool. Sorry my review was so short, but you asked for flaws, and other than those I couldn't really find any. So, I'm just going to say keep writing and I can't wait to see what happens next!

Quote Originally Posted by shatteredelysium View Post
    How did Barry get a Manaphy, when he acknowledges early in the story that legendaries are unique?
    Actually, it was supposed to be a Mantyke, NOT a Manaphy. Typing error on my part. Also, about the disappearance of Gabby and Akii, Barry was somewhat in a rush to keep Jeremy not waiting for the battle. I could've explained that a bit more. Other than that, thanks for the review!
    YouTube
    DeviantArt

UPDATE CONCERNING CHAPTER 5

I haven't been in a writing mood recently, and have been caught up in other stuff (such as Pokemon games). However, Chapter 5 is underway, and I will try to finish it soon!
    YouTube
    DeviantArt

Chapter 5- The First Landing

For days the mothership was being followed. This small ship has for the most part remained undetected, and was on its way to Plikaa. Onboard, there was much commotion.

“We’ve lost contact with Miju!” a girl with dark hair shouted, bursting through a door into a metal room, with a window that showed a clear view of Plikaa. Her eyes were filled with worry.

There was man behind a desk, sitting in a black velvet chair, staring out of the window into space.

“Don’t worry about him, Katie,” the man replied in a stern voice. “Miju is one of our best agents, and his past missions were successful.”

“But sir-” Katie was interrupted when someone spoke over the intercom.

“Our ship will soon be entering Plikaa orbit. All agents report to the hangar bay.”

Katie left the room, and walked down the hallway into the hangar. She worked for group simply known as the Agency, who would search suspicious and possibly threatening activity. As she entered the hangar bay, her partner, Vinci the Smeargle, joined her.

Thanks to the use of Agent Goggles, humans could communicate with pokemon, and pokemon could communicate to humans, besides from its many other uses. This has led to a large number of pokemon agents joining.

“Still worried about Miju?” Vinci asked, looking at Katy.

“Of course I am!” she shouted, startling Vinci. “He was my first ever partner!”

“Yes, yes, I know,” responded Vinci, who had heard her talk about this many times.

They walked towards a group of other agents, standing in front of a shuttle that would soon land on Plikaa. Among this group was Chad. This hotshot Charmander was incredibly obnoxious, and would always act like he was the best. Commander Alvin walked over, inspecting the agents with cold brown eyes.

“I am here to tell you what to do when you land on Plikaa,” Alvin told the group. “Upon landing, you and your partner shall split up from your group and follow any members of the Starbound mission. If you see any suspicious activity, report it to me ASAP.” He paused for a second, catching his breath.

“Make sure to be wary of alien Pokemon. We have no idea what may live on this planet, and it could be incredibly dangerous. Be sure to stay alert at all times. You may now be dismissed.”

The group disbanded, and people began casually talking, passing the time before they land on the planet. While Vinci walked over to a group of fellow Pokemon agents, while Katy walked back to her room, still worried about Miju.

She walked into her room, closing the door behind her. Opening her closet, she took out a small picture. It was herself and Miju, shortly after their first mission together. Behind them were arrested Neo Team Rocket leaders, being loaded into a police van. Even though this operation was successful, they failed to capture the three main members.

She sat on her bed, still staring at the image.

Oh Miju, where could you be?

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Reappearing back into existence, Miju was startled by his surroundings. The sky was a normal blue color, but the ground he was standing on was sandy and beige in coloring. In the distance he could see a large ocean-sized sheet of ice, and a mountain that seemingly extended into space. Behind him was a forest filled with dark purple plants and trees.

“What a bloody hell’s bells is this?” Miju shouted, stumbling backwards onto the Magnezone. “Terribly sorry,” he stammered.

He then saw both Gabby and Akii, right at the edge of the forest. He ran towards them, still confused and startled.

“Did you teleport us all the way to Plikaa?” Miju asked.

“I don’t know!” Akii said. “I wasn’t told where to teleport.”

Gabby began sulking around, muttering to himself. “This is just great. Why did I tell Akii to teleport us anywhere…”

The Magnezone and Froslass approached menacingly, an unpleasant look on their faces.

“Where did you teleport us to?” the Magnezone commanded in a harsh tone.

Miju responded saying, “We’re on another bloody planet!”

“WHAT? Tell us how to get back!”

“Well, here’s thing. I have no idea.”

Enraged, the Magnezone launched a bolt of electricity into the sky. The Froslass just watched, cold and unfeeling. All them at the same time then heard a noise, coming from the forest. They all turned around to the direction of the noise, startled. The Froslass began floating over towards the sound to investigate.

In the forest was a shadowy figure. It was small and round, sliding across the ground. Froslass fired a volley of ice shards at it, and the creature sprinted out of the forest, into the light of day.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

“Everyone, head to your quarters immediately! Aerobrake is in one minute.” Peter turned off his microphone, and switched the destination of the announcement to the bridge of the mothership. “Begin rotation of the ship.”

Outside of his window he could see the stars spinning around the vessel. It was clear the rotational systems were still intact after the asteroid hit the ship. On his swivel chair he turned to face his microphone, turning it on once again. “Activate shield.”

In front of his desk was a series of monitors, taking footage from security cameras across the ship. He looked at the far left screen and saw a long metal rod extending from the front of it. Popping out of the sides of it were sturdy heat-resistant metal plates. This forms a shield, protecting the ship from fire.

As the ship started skimming the atmosphere, flames began moving across the surface of the shield. Eventually the flames began getting more intense, the fire start going over the edge of the shield. It was still doing its job, preventing the ship from burning up. The engines turned on, and slowly but surely the mothership entered a stable orbit.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Barry had given up on looking for Gabby and Akii by the team he was in line waiting for his new Pokedex. This Pokedex is made specifically for the purpose of discovering new alien Pokemon. As soon as one person catches a new Pokemon, everyone’s Pokedex will be automatically updated with the new information.

I better be careful without my Jirachi, he thought.

He was next in line. He took his new Pokedex, and walked into the hangar bay. On two opposite walls were hatches that lead to the landers. Due to there being seven teams and an even amount of landers, there will be still one left over.

Barry entered his team’s lander, and strapped himself into one of the seats. Everyone had their Jirachis out, floating nearby them. There was an awkward silence as Dan entered the lander. Ever since he survived that meteor strike everyone would be scared around him. Being completely silent didn’t help.

The seven landers undocked from the ship, require no manual control. After drifting a safe enough distance away from the mothership, the engines fired, and the ships began heading towards the planet’s surface.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

From the mountain Galaklos lay dormant on, the flaming pods could resemble meteors. Galaklos knew Dan would soon be arriving, ready to carry out his mission.

Among the seven flaming pods was something else, a shuttle descending from space. The shuttle began landing near a large sheet of ice, a frozen ocean. With the flames gone, a second set of engines came out near the front. They faced downwards, and slowed the shuttle down. The landing gear came out and it set down upon the ground.

Away from the shuttle the pods’ engines and parachutes slowed them down. The landing gear on the ships systematically extended, and touched down on the alien surface. Mankind had set its first foot on the surface of a new world.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author’s Notes: Regarding Future Chapters

As I have stated before, I haven’t exactly been in a writing mood recently. However, I will still try to continue this fanfic, even while possibly writing a novel some time soon (first time doing that, ever).
    YouTube
    DeviantArt

Chapter 6- The Exploration Begins

This gray creature had a flat circular head, with three black eyes on the sides of it. Its lower body resembled that of a slug. It was clearly fearful of the strange new creatures it was just seeing. It started letting out strange howling noise, possibly a cry of help. Gabby and Akii just watched, partially scared and partially interested. Miju began fumbling around with his goggles.

The Froslass was about to fire another volley of ice shards at this creature. Gabby understood how frightened it was, and began to feel sympathetic. Right when the ice shards were fired, Gabby shot energy out of his mouth. The shards shattered and fell to the ground.

“What is wrong with you?” Gabby asked, slightly horrified at how unfeeling and emotionless the Froslass was. She began staring at him with her cold dead eyes, before turning around.

Miju pressed a button on his goggle, and began talking to the alien.

“Who are you?” Miju asked.

The creature began making more strange noises, which Miju could seemingly understand.

“Don’t worry, I’m not going hurt you,” Miju replied.

At this point Gabby was interested in what Miju was doing. He walked away from Akii, who was flying around the area.

He looked at Miju with a confused look on his face, and asked, “What are you doing right now?”

Miju turned around and looked at him. “I’m talking to it.” Gabby was still confused, so Miju continued. “My goggles allow me to communicate with anything, including humans. Brilliant invention, I have to say.”

“So, uh, what is it saying?” Gabby asked.

“It calls itself Yer, and it is apparently lost and is alone.”

The Magnezone floated over and remarked harshly, “So we’re going to have to carry around this sack of leftovers wherever we go?”

“I suppose if you think of it that way then yes.” Miju replied.

Akii flew over to Yer, looking at it with intrigued eyes. “Would you like to be my friend?” she asked playfully through telepathy in an understandable manner. Yer began to look at her, a little worried.

“Don’t worry, I won’t hurt you!” she said. “We’ll have lots of fun together, flying around and playing games!” Akii then giggled gleefully right after.

Oh boy, Gabby thought. This is one large mess we’ve gotten ourselves into!

Miju suddenly told everyone to be quiet as be began intently listening to noise coming from his goggle.

“I hear Agency radio frequencies.” He continued listening, before he realized what it was. “Agency members are on this planet! If we meet up with them, we can leave this world!”

-------------------------------------------------------------

Catherine stepped out of the lander shaking. The rough landing shook her up quite a bit, and a few times she thought they would crash. Luckily that fantasy did not come true. She examined the alien landscape in front of her through the spacesuit visor. Her group’s lander landed near a strange purple forest. What creatures could live there?

“So, are you ready to start exploring?” Catherine’s Jirachi, Kial asked.

“Yup!” Catherine said happily, getting over her fear of the lander crashing. “Here we go!”

She began running into the forest while Kial trailed behind her. For a second Catherine looked behind her and saw Dan in the distance, his Jirachi following him. He appeared to be walking towards a tall mountain in the distance, which was so tall it appeared to extend into space. Turning around, she continued her exploration of the forest.

Suddenly a Pokemon leapt at her. This creature had a gray slug-like body with a flat circular head, its three black eyes staring at her.

Catherine then threw out her pokemon. “Go, Zap!” she shouted. After her Blitzle was sent out, she told him, “Use quick attack!”

Zap charged at the alien and smashed it at lighting fast speeds. The alien then leapt at Zap twice, knocking him back.

“Zap, use thunder wave!” Catherine commanded.

The force of the electricity paralyzed the creature, and Catherine tossed a Great Ball at it. The ball began jiggling around, and then let out a satisfying click. She had caught her first Plikaa pokemon.

“Yes!” she shouted, while Zap let out a happy noise. Catherine took out her Pokedex and decided to check the new Pokedex information.

No.021 Ufoxeno
    Alien Slug Pokemon
    Type: Normal
    Height: 85”
    Weight: 12.3 lbs
    This small creature slides around on the ground with the slime on its body. The three eyes on its head help protect from danger.

“You might just become my new team member,” Catherine said smiling. “I’m going to call you Wells.”

She began to continue her investigation of the forest, with Zap and Kial following close behind. After walking for a while, she spotted another pokemon. This small purple pokemon had a stem like body, with roots for feet. It had leaves for hands, and had a round head with a long mouth, small eyes on the sides, and white dots all over it. Inside of the mouth were rows of sharp teeth.

It was currently preoccupied with eating a strange berry, so Catherine thought she could catch it quickly without it noticing. Opening her bag, she threw out a Quick Ball. Shake… Shake… Click! The new Pokemon was caught. Excited, she pulled out her Pokedex eagerly for the new entry to load.

No.010 Flornibble
    Carnivorous Plant Pokemon
    Type: Grass
    Height: 1’04”
    Weight: 4.7 lbs
    This plant seems harmless at first, but if you get too close, it will try to bite you with its sharp teeth.

“Guess I’ll call you Audrey,” Catherine said, putting the Pokeball in her bag.

She continued walking, when she saw a shadowy figure walking in the distance. It seemed to be humanoid in shape. She began following, thinking that it may be another expedition member. She continued following until it suddenly stopped moving. It turned around to face Catherine, and she let out a gasp.

It looked exactly like her, including the spacesuit.

“Who… Who are you?” Catherine asked, confused and bewildered.

The figure suddenly shot a blast of darkness at Catherine, knocking her out cold. Kial and Zap stared in horror, when they were both knocked out as well by blasts of darkness. The Catherine look-alike suddenly turned into a dark blob before morphing into a Zoroark.

She then pressed a button on her visor and said, “I found a Starbound mission explorer.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Author’s Note: The Plikaa Pokemon

For those who can’t visualize Flornibble, it is more or less a Bellsprout with a piranha plant-like head, but different in some ways. Hope that helps.

Oh, and Ufoxeno is going to be the Eevee of this planet (hint hint).
    YouTube
    DeviantArt

Once, again, another update concerning this fanfic.

Because I am currently being loaded with end of the school year work, I won't be working on this fanfic until summer (which is getting very close). Maybe. We'll see.

Oh, and I may be writing a short-story collection (non-Pokemon related) in the summer too! Boy, I can't get enough writing!

OH, AND one of my end of the school year projects involved writing a short story! What a coincidence.
    YouTube
    DeviantArt

POTENTIALLY FINAL UPDATE

As of now, I do not plan on continuing this fanfic. I have really lost my motivation for this, and the idea now is starting to bore me. I may return to this at some point later, but for now don't expect anything new for awhile.
    YouTube
    DeviantArt