Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: A new Award System is now in place!

Yeah, this is a cool idea, but I think there should be more badges. For the most part the system seems somewhat biased towards the competitive scene, which many active contributors are not a part of. For example, why does there only have to be a Competitive Forum Artist badge? Why not make a badge for well-known, active forum artists, regardless of which section they participate in? Cool idea, though.

TBTF EGC ACbay deviantART RNtMA
    Friend Safari: Shellgon, Gabite, Druddigon

3DS FC: 2320 6135 5667
    NN ID: TheUglyBarnacle

Honestly beyond the Scammer/T-Trader badges for utility and the former staff member badge for seeking out good/helpful users I don't see any need/use for them.

More aren't needed imo as all possible helpful ones have already been created.
    To lack fear is stupidity, to face it is bravery.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelz View Post
    Yeah, this is a cool idea, but I think there should be more badges. For the most part the system seems somewhat biased towards the competitive scene, which many active contributors are not a part of. For example, why does there only have to be a Competitive Forum Artist badge? Why not make a badge for well-known, active forum artists, regardless of which section they participate in? Cool idea, though.
    Well for what it's worth we can definitely add more if more sections want them - It's just that the competitive mods really wanted to have a system put in place as well so it could help their section. It's not really so much a bias as much as we wanted to provide what we thought could help the forums. There's a suggestion thread somewhere in the site discussion where you can bring up ideas and staff can talk about them.

And the competitive artist badge is a badge for EmeraldGoblin, the one who made them. Sort of a misleading title but it's for a good reason.

Star-Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Zelphon View Post
    Honestly beyond the Scammer/T-Trader badges for utility and the former staff member badge for seeking out good/helpful users I don't see any need/use for them.
    The same could be said for many things on the forum. Avatars are not needed nor are signatures, though the latter at least has some use. Post count and user rank are not required, and since many forums do not count towards it, it's original purpose of showing how many posts a member has, is statistically flawed. People like the little touches or badges and icons, it's something to aim towards, something they can attain. Plus seeing certain badges in your thread can be a massive help to new members, especially those seeking help with their teams.

Quote Originally Posted by RaZoR LeAf View Post
    The same could be said for many things on the forum. Avatars are not needed nor are signatures, though the latter at least has some use. Post count and user rank are not required, and since many forums do not count towards it, it's original purpose of showing how many posts a member has, is statistically flawed. People like the little touches or badges and icons, it's something to aim towards, something they can attain. Plus seeing certain badges in your thread can be a massive help to new members, especially those seeking help with their teams.
    I was just to the understanding that the badges where more utility than cosmetic.
    To lack fear is stupidity, to face it is bravery.

I'm going to add my voice to those who think that more badges would be a very good thing. In fact, I'm not suggesting that we should just add new badges for different sections. I think some sections could benefit from more badges (although probably not more than the competitive section), and I also think some general badges that aren't tied to a particular section might be worthwhile.

Sprites ripped by Yoshi Clone of spritersresource.com. Banner by my brother ShinySandshrew.

if you have well thought out suggestions you can post in the sppf suggestion thread. we are definitely open to more badges but the current ones were the ones we first thought of when discussing the system

be sure to read the rules of every section before posting ;)

Little Miss Stalinist/Secret Al-Qaeda agents (i.e. Ellie) would be a ***** even if she was a conserative republican. What makes her the way she is happens to be the fact that the webmaster of this site let's her behave like this. (Of course, I would never make a liberal a staff member at any forum I'd be in charge of, regardless.)

A badge for the Fan Art Shops' owner, whose shop is successful and such is a good encouragement and a "plus" for them, also making them more well known, and to be recognised by someone is always a good thing, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Akanjăo View Post
    A badge for the Fan Art Shops' owner, whose shop is successful and such is a good encouragement and a "plus" for them, also making them more well known, and to be recognised by someone is always a good thing, isn't it?
    There's high levels of forum contribution and then there's "good job you can do a thing." This would be more in the latter's category.
    I mod the Smogon Forums. Feel free to ask me any questions!

This is a great idea! Im sure scammers won't get past this! Now who will test it?

A bright red octagon is perfect and really stands out! I like these badges, very clever idea.

Can we make recommendations for badges? Not for ourselves, of course, but for other people.

Don't see why not, as long as it's via PM (and if you put some reasoning behind it) we'll consider it.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: Fan Art Reviews: toufu's Manga! Check out neat art of Golduck and Shinx, among others!
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345