Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Edible Fan Art: Psychic's Nerdy Desserts!

Default Edible Fan Art: Psychic's Nerdy Desserts!

A couple of years ago I got into watching cake-making TV shows and tutorials on Youtube. Then I made a cake for a friend. Then I made another. It has since become tradition.

I usually make cakes and cupcakes for friends' birthday parties based on their interests, which is often a video game or TV show. Here is some of what I've done, from most recent to older stuff.

Newest:

Moogles gave me a really neat idea: create a cupcake Pokédex! I'm hoping to do the first 151, and am starting with the base forms of all the evolutionary lines. So here is Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Caterpie, Weedle, Pidgey, Spearow, Ratatta, Ekans, Pikachu, Sandshrew and Nidoran female!

I hope to continue with this project over the summer and post my results here! For now, here are some other nerdy desserts!

Spoiler:- More Pokémon cupcakes:

Spoiler:- Game of Thrones and more Pokemon:

Spoiler:- Video games, gamers, and silly stuff:

Spoiler:- Older stuff:

And finally, the cake that started it all: a duck cake for my friend Amber. She collects rubber ducks, and I had seen a Youtube tutorial on making duck cakes, so I gave it a go! I made this in 2011, and since then I have made her a rubber duckie cake (almost) every year for her birthday.

Hope you guys like what you see, let me know what you think!

~Psychic
    Last edited by Psychic; 18th October 2014 at 9:12 PM.

These are really cool! Love the Touhou one the most, though all of them look delicious (although I don't really like cake that much, too much frosting -> vomit everywhere).
    Really interesting idea, keep at it. ^^

Those look delicious! I'm craving for a cupcake now. lol The Pokemon ones are really good!

Image by もちづき
    ...Your tender smile and our petty squabbles...
    Just how much are all those supposed to have toughened me up?

They look amazing, and I'm sure they taste it too! Awesome cakes!!!!

-Uh oh.

Quote Originally Posted by Toyosatomimi no Miko View Post
    These are really cool! Love the Touhou one the most, though all of them look delicious (although I don't really like cake that much, too much frosting -> vomit everywhere).
    Really interesting idea, keep at it. ^^
    Thank you! The Touhou cake was fun to make - they're supposed to be Alice and Marissa Sukusuku, haha. It was actually for the co-Director of the Canadian Touhou convention, the Hakurei Shrine Festival. :> Shame to hear that cake doesn't sit too well with you, though.

Quote Originally Posted by MonMonCandie View Post
    Those look delicious! I'm craving for a cupcake now. lol The Pokemon ones are really good!
    Thanks so much! Baking can be quite fun, you should give it a try (especially if you're craving sweets)! I'm especially proud of the Pokemon ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloneydew2000 View Post
    They look amazing, and I'm sure they taste it too! Awesome cakes!!!!
    Thank you very much! I used to use those box mixes a lot, but these days I like to work from scratch - I have a few really nice recipes that tend to go over well, though I should widen my repertoire, haha.

~Psychic

Update: here's the next part of my Pokemon cupcakedex!

his time, there's Nidoran male, Clefairy, Vulpix, Jigglypuff, Zubat, Oddish, Paras, Venonat, Diglett, Meowth, Psyduck and Mankey. I've updating my technique a bit to get the icing 'mons off the wax paper more easily, and I have decided to start adding small details only once each 'mon has been placed on the cupcake to make things a bit easier. :>

My birthday was last week, so for my party I figured I'd make myself a cake! I love Game of Thrones, so I made a House Targaryen cake with coconut icing! FIRE AND BLOOD AND CHOCOLATE!

Last edited by Psychic; 23rd May 2014 at 11:38 PM.

Thumbs up Awesome!

These look delicious!

I like the PS3 Controller and the Creeper the most. Well done.

Wow, these look great! How do you get the colors so accurate with the icing? Lots of food coloring trial and error?

Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner

I'll be posting the third update for the Cupcakedex soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Jerre View Post
    These look delicious!

I like the PS3 Controller and the Creeper the most. Well done.
    Thank you so much!

Quote Originally Posted by General Nonsense View Post
    Wow, these look great! How do you get the colors so accurate with the icing? Lots of food coloring trial and error?
    Thanks, it tends to mostly be trial and error, or just wild guessing. XD

Ahh very nice

Imagine makin a real Slurpuff

"i unno man im just a pawniard"

vvv Lookie
    VO Clan/VO Xat/VO Battle Spreadsheet

Quote Originally Posted by MetalSonic View Post
    Ahh very nice

Imagine makin a real Slurpuff
    Thanks! A lot of people keep suggesting a Slurpuff dessert haha, that would be quite interesting. XD

Part three of the cupcakedex is complete!

I decided to mix things up a bit - these are banana cupcakes with cream cheese frosting! It was my first time making that kind of icing, and it's really yummy! In this batch, there's Growlithe, Poliwag, Abra, Machop, Bellsprout, Tentacool, Geodude, Ponyta, Slowpoke, Magnemite, Doduo and Seel!

That frosting looks really tasty! What's the recipe?

Also, the Ponyta one looks amazing. The eye details are wonderfully crafted.

Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner

Red face

That's really sweet and creative! I especially love the Pokémon and My Little Pony cakes the most. Is this your hobby because it's awesome.
    Last edited by 8bitCelebi; 1st June 2014 at 7:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by General Nonsense View Post
    That frosting looks really tasty! What's the recipe?

Also, the Ponyta one looks amazing. The eye details are wonderfully crafted.
    Thank you, I really like the frosting - it's buttercream icing, and the recipe is here (though I always add extra milk).

And thanks - I like making Pokemon with those kinds of eyes, I'm glad you liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by 8bitCelebi View Post
    That's really sweet and creative! I especially love the Pokémon and My Little Pony cakes the most. Is this your hobby because it's awesome.
    Thank you very much! I would definitely like to try making My Little Pony cupcakes again, since I have improved a lot since the last time. Baking and cake decorating has definitely become a big hobby for me over the past couple of years. I blame shows like Cake Boss.

An old friend of mine had his birthday party this weekend, so to celebrate I made his long-time favourite video game character - Sonic the Hedgehog!

I'm really happy with how this one turned out! I will definitely continue outlining in black from here on out, as it looks a lot more polished. I will probably do this for the Pokemon cupcakes as well (once I finish doing all the first form evolutions).

So many May birthdays! After making the Sonic cake, I made a birthday cake for my boyfriend. Having made myself the House Targaryen cake featured above, I wanted to continue the tradition, and so made him a cake based off his favourite Game of Thrones house, House Stark!

I'm very satisfied with how the Stark direwolf came out! It was a lot simpler than the Targaryen dragon, and the grey icing filled well so you can't see any lines, which makes me happy. I also added shredded coconut snow, as a reminder to the Northmen that winter is coming.

You are REALLY skilled! I cannot believe how accurately coloured the icing is! Major kudos to you! They look delicious!
    Too much water guys!

10/10 eat would eat that House Stark cake if i wasn't on a diet . Keep up the good work Psychic.

718/718 Pokemon caught as of 4/13/14
    Pokemon X FC: 2638-0594-6140
    Serebii.net Claims:
    -The Drill Pokemon, Nidoking

These look fantastic! I especially love the slowpoke one! I kind of want to go bake some cupcakes now!

Quote Originally Posted by tomatohater View Post
    You are REALLY skilled! I cannot believe how accurately coloured the icing is! Major kudos to you! They look delicious!
    Thank you very much! I'm glad everyone approves of my colour-mixing, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by KantoPkmnMaster View Post
    10/10 eat would eat that House Stark cake if i wasn't on a diet . Keep up the good work Psychic.
    Haha, fair enough! My boyfriend is also on a diet, but he knew I wanted to make him a cake so he made an allowance for it. XD Thank you, I shall keep posting!

Quote Originally Posted by Oraclefish View Post
    These look fantastic! I especially love the slowpoke one! I kind of want to go bake some cupcakes now!
    Thank you, a lot of people really like the Slowpoke, hehe. The world needs more cupcakes; you should definitely bake some (and then find a way to incorporate them into your videos).

Just looking at these make me hungry lol

I really like the gardevoir and the game of thrones cupcakes! I hope you consider making an Arceus one

You're making me hungry; I want some Poke cupcakes 8U

Quote Originally Posted by Magistrum View Post
    Just looking at these make me hungry lol

I really like the gardevoir and the game of thrones cupcakes! I hope you consider making an Arceus one
    Haha, tell me about it - just editing the photos maes me sad that I already ate them. XD

I'm glad you like them! I really wanted to make both Gardevoir and Mega Gardevour, haha. I don't plan on making Arceus anytime soon though, sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by Susiron View Post
    You're making me hungry; I want some Poke cupcakes 8U
    Haha, everyone should have Pokemon cupcakes in their lives!

Here's the next cake! I told my friend Alex I'd make her a birthday cake with whatever she wanted on it, and she asked for Arcanine, to my delight! I didn't get to see her until a few weeks after her birthday, so it technically wasn't a "birthday" cake, but an Arcanine cake is an Arcanine cake!

Really happy how this guy turned out! I used this image as a base (though I made sure to make the doggy smile instead)!

~Psychic

Amazing truly pieces fo art but now im hungry xD

Spoiler:- Credit/Symbol/Badge:

Wow... this is actually more amazing than I thought when I saw this thread. I agree with the black outlining, some of your older ones would have appreciated it, namely Geodude, Duduo, and the House Targaryen cake. It provides a much better quality to your work, and you have definitely improved since your electivire days. Maybe for some of the future installments you could use the Trozei faces as a reference?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast