Page 61 of 507 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111161 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 12660

Thread: Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire: Expectations & Desires? [Not a speculation thread]

As this is a full-remake of Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire, I don't pretty much see the team differences, both for GYM Leaders and Elite 4. However, I do expect re-battling with Elite 4 with more improved of their teams like how it was executed in HG/SS, which is why I'm also hyped for more available post-game tasks.

I hope the game's storyline will be like Emerald's unlike Ruby and Sapphire. Both teams have their own plans - more diversity story for us to discover. It would be dull to see the "already-discovered" storyline if there won't be any twists to change the pace from 2002. If I take Pokemon X and Y into an account, I can pretty much say I have high hopes for the upcoming games.

On the other hand, this will be a great loss if it is decided to remove Pokemon-Amie, Super-Training, PSS, Character Customization and Restaurants. These are the ones that made what X and Y are and personally, they were the things I loved doing every time I played my game. Pokemon-Amie can be used for appealing in the contests more if you have the max affection yet it is a way to evolve Eevee to Sylveon, so I hope it won't be removed. Character Customization will something definitely be needed at a certain point for PSS, if won't be removed.

POKÉMON ALPHA SAPPHIRE | IGN: VITTORIA | 3DS FC: 2165 - 6014 - 0811

Quote Originally Posted by The Red Thunder View Post
    There isn't an official chronology for the Pokémon games, and this is the exact reason why. They want the freedom to include stuff like this into potential remakes. As BCVM22 said, they will include all current mechanics in the game.

But, if you've been a fan since Red and Blue, then you already know what Game Freak is going to do. They won't use their older mechanics. It's old news. It's outplayed and overstayed it's welcome. The new hotness is MegaEvolution. Love it or hate it, any fan since Red and Blue knows exactly what to expect.
    Well just because I'm a fan since then and I know what they've done and are capable of, doesn't mean I can hope and pray they do differently now can I? Aside from the games, I like the story, I like the plots, I like things to make sense. They can come up with a story of Arceus being the baby form of Magikarp for all they could do, but doesn't mean it's something nice to do lol.

While they have complete creative control, and for the sake of money, as BCVM says, it'll play like a 2014 game, they should at least TRY to respect or keep the story in line so it doesnt leave gaping holes in logic wherever they can. Sometimes it can't be avoided but if by a little more coding they can explain it or make it make sense, then by all means.
    Pokemon GL Medals: 135
    Successful trades completed: 25

Spoiler:- Night's Safari Info:

You know what would be a great comeback? The Acro bike.

Lol but anyway, I hope contests do return, as well as Amie. Maybe the appeals will sort of be similar to Pr studio where you have to put together a good combo of attacks, music and mood. I dunno, I would like to see Contests rebooted up. Maybe you can even combo attacks in a cool way. : D
    Last edited by Foxeaf; 9th May 2014 at 9:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxeaf View Post
    You know what would be a great comeback? The Acro bike.
    I thought it was a given we would get the 2 bikes? It's hard to imagine going through Hoenn with only one bike.
    Disappearance: REWRITE (19/??)
    Author: Mitsukiharu (collaboration account)
    Summary: Legendary pokemon once resided with humans until war and bloodshed turned the center of Johto into a wasteland 150 years ago. The legendaries scattered to keep peace. 5 years after Red was defeated, he and the Green are in a situation like before war broke out. They must find the cause of the disappearances of the legendary pokemon or the world would be thrown into disarray.

My Personal FF Account l Ambition l Four Times The Charm l For The Love of Food! l Disappearance: REWRITE (collboration)

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade Aran View Post
    Just because its 2014 and should play like a 2014 game doesn't mean they should take the story/plot/time line and trash it.
    No, that's exactly what it means, if perhaps not with that fine a point on it. Would you have them compromise the mechanics and gameplay, to the point of not having them updated to the current standard, solely in the name of a storyline/chronology that is itself retconned and replaced every ten years or so? More specifically, would you have them not include Mega Evolution - very much part of the most modern battle mechanics - in these games just because it might upset the story of games from a decade ago that are due to be retconned away by their own remakes very shortly?

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

My biggest hope would be that, should the rollerskates return, have them have an on/off switch.

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    And buildings are going to be in the same places they were. That's not changing.
    How do you know though? We're talking about recreating Hoenn in an entirely new graphical engine, it's not the same as FRLG/HGSS which still had the same sprite templates. I'm not expecting huge differences, but I wouldn't be surprised if there were some for sure with what the 3DS can handle versus the GBA and even the DS

Quote Originally Posted by KumaPanda View Post
    I thought it was a given we would get the 2 bikes? It's hard to imagine going through Hoenn with only one bike.
    They COULD do what they did in DPPt and just have it be a gear change.

twittertumblrlast.fm

For me, I expect to see Plusle and Minun getting a desired mega since both of them introduced double battles during third generation. While I want to post some expected mega evolution pokemon from deviantart, I can't do so here.

Hopefully Jirachi gets a mega and possibly get a role in the game plot wise. But if it's a dramatic new world, GameExplain's expectation idea of this series' plot is my biggest expectation: an alternate ending of RUBY and SAPPHIRE.
    Final Chapter: 38: Mountain's Edge(Click the Banner above)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris-kun View Post
    They COULD do what they did in DPPt and just have it be a gear change.
    I feel dumb because I never figured out how to use the gears properly .__.;
    Summary: Legendary pokemon once resided with humans until war and bloodshed turned the center of Johto into a wasteland 150 years ago. The legendaries scattered to keep peace. 5 years after Red was defeated, he and the Green are in a situation like before war broke out. They must find the cause of the disappearances of the legendary pokemon or the world would be thrown into disarray.

My Personal FF Account l Ambition l Four Times The Charm l For The Love of Food! l Disappearance: REWRITE (collboration)

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    No, that's exactly what it means, if perhaps not with that fine a point on it. Would you have them compromise the mechanics and gameplay, to the point of not having them updated to the current standard, solely in the name of a storyline/chronology that is itself retconned and replaced every ten years or so? More specifically, would you have them not include Mega Evolution - very much part of the most modern battle mechanics - in these games just because it might upset the story of games from a decade ago that are due to be retconned away by their own remakes very shortly?
    No, I would rather they think about the story and come up with a valid reason as to why they're there. Like I've mentioned, not have it be rushed or something stupid and illogical to have it be in the game JUST for the sake of having it in the game. Games are more than just for the game play but also for the story they tell. I don't want mega Kyogre/Groudon for plenty of reasons, but I understand that there should be megas in the story. (As I said in the things I expect in the game, nowhere do I say "I dont want megas in the games") I just dont want these two to turn out to be megas like that. 1) They look too lame to be megas 2) legendary megas should be held off for reasons i've discussed before.
    Don't see why it's so hard to ask them for a compelling story to go along with why something that took place (and that they're REMAKING from scratch anyways) so long ago, could have these features included now.

Well if Hoenn takes place AFTER Kalos then that would make sense. Lets get everyone to sign a petition to have GF/Nintendo release the chronology of the pokemon world. And if there is one, someone please link it to me.
    Yo https://twitter.com/matsumiyan/statu...52839870787584
    and they say stuff in the games. There is a definitive chronology for these stories. gen 1/3 - 2 years - gen 2/4 - ? years - gen 5 - 2 years - gen 5 sequels and gen 6. like someone said before the difference in years is said in the games themselves.

Well just because I'm a fan since then and I know what they've done and are capable of, doesn't mean I can hope and pray they do differently now can I? Aside from the games, I like the story, I like the plots, I like things to make sense. They can come up with a story of Arceus being the baby form of Magikarp for all they could do, but doesn't mean it's something nice to do lol.

While they have complete creative control, and for the sake of money, as BCVM says, it'll play like a 2014 game, they should at least TRY to respect or keep the story in line so it doesnt leave gaping holes in logic wherever they can. Sometimes it can't be avoided but if by a little more coding they can explain it or make it make sense, then by all means.
    But, I never said they wouldn't though. They'll make the attempt, for sure, but ultimately the means they use to explain it isn't going to prevent the mechanic from coming if they can't find one that fits every little facet. Like I said before, more than likely, the Red and Blue Orbs are inert MegaStones. The best way possible is to simply keep the story as it is. But post-game, let you go on a side quest to unlock the potential inside the Orb, which ultimately converts them into the Groudonite and Kyogrite. Possible cameo by Professor Sycamore would probably go far in helping the explanation.

More than likely, that's what's going to happen.

Third Gen: 60 • Fourth Gen: 89 • Fifth Gen: 64 • Sixth Gen: 67
    Kanto: 53 • Johto: 47 • Hoenn: 63 • Sinnoh: 45 • Unova: 45 • Kalos: 27

Level 100 Pokémon #281: The Lost, the Mega Banette
    Pokémon 3 of 12 • Total Exp: 2,772,133 / 12,149,860 (22.816%)

Level: 51 • Exp: 112,273 / 800,000 (14.0%) • Exp. Multiplier: 2.7x
    Move Set: Phantom Force, Feint Attack, Pain Split, Will-O-Wisp
    Ability: Insomnia / Prankster • Nature: Lonely • Started: 12-28-2014

But, I never said they wouldn't though. They'll make the attempt, for sure, but ultimately the means they use to explain it isn't going to prevent the mechanic from coming if they can't find one that fits every little facet. Like I said before, more than likely, the Red and Blue Orbs are inert MegaStones. The best way possible is to simply keep the story as it is. But post-game, let you go on a side quest to unlock the potential inside the Orb, which ultimately converts them into the Groudonite and Kyogrite. Possible cameo by Professor Sycamore would probably go far in helping the explanation.

I'd hate that so very much lol

Quote Originally Posted by Riskybiscuit View Post
    Yo https://twitter.com/matsumiyan/statu...52839870787584
    and they say stuff in the games. There is a definitive chronology for these stories. gen 1/3 - 2 years - gen 2/4 - ? years - gen 5 - 2 years - gen 5 sequels and gen 6. like someone said before the difference in years is said in the games themselves.
    Well that's what I figured somewhat (Minus the years in the middle), but still, all the more reason for what I think about megas back then.

No, I would rather they think about the story and come up with a valid reason as to why they're there. Like I've mentioned, not have it be rushed or something stupid and illogical to have it be in the game JUST for the sake of having it in the game.
    But Mega Evolution is now as much a part of the battle mechanics as is something like, say, held items and their effects in battle. Including it isn't "[having] it be in the game JUST for the sake of having it in the game", including it is a stone-cold matter of having the game play like its current counterparts. There's nothing arbitrary about it.

Games are more than just for the game play but also for the story they tell
    Certainly, but if and when it comes down to the former vs. the latter, again, would you have them compromise the gameplay in the name of trying to contort themselves around an already tissue-thin story?

Don't see why it's so hard to ask them for a compelling story to go along with why something that took place (and that they're REMAKING from scratch anyways) so long ago, could have these features included now.
    Because if OR/AS are anything like the last two sets of remakes, the Hoenn story as told in fragments in Ruby/Sapphire and told canonically as a whole in Emerald no longer happened, and whatever place the Hoenn story has in what passes for continuity will be told in OR/AS. Just as Gold/Silver/Crystal no longer happened anymore, but HG/SS did. As such, there's nothing to explain: the Hoenn story is happening "now" and "now" includes mechanics like Mega Evolution as part of battles. A line of dialogue about how it's a skill people learned in Kalos and brought back to Hoenn and that's all taken care of.

Until we remember that there's no remaining data for any other Mega Evolutions besides Latios and Latias, casting significant doubt on whether there are to be any new Mega Evolutions in OR/AS.

-----
    Words to|live by

A line of dialogue about how it's a skill people learned in Kalos and brought back to Hoenn and that's all taken care of.
    Be nice if it was all post-game though. Try and keep the main story as "in tact" as possible I guess. Unless they somehow make Mega Evos an important aspect of the story like they did in XY
    And baby, if I choke things down for a second
    Then maybe I can starve this tragedy

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend A_K View Post
    What are you, daft? Since when does Shuckle need an item?

I'd hate that so very much lol
    Yet it's still the most plausible solution to the whole thing.

Third Gen: 60 • Fourth Gen: 89 • Fifth Gen: 64 • Sixth Gen: 67
    Kanto: 53 • Johto: 47 • Hoenn: 63 • Sinnoh: 45 • Unova: 45 • Kalos: 27

Level 100 Pokémon #281: The Lost, the Mega Banette
    Pokémon 3 of 12 • Total Exp: 2,772,133 / 12,149,860 (22.816%)

Level: 51 • Exp: 112,273 / 800,000 (14.0%) • Exp. Multiplier: 2.7x
    Move Set: Phantom Force, Feint Attack, Pain Split, Will-O-Wisp
    Ability: Insomnia / Prankster • Nature: Lonely • Started: 12-28-2014

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard_Millky View Post
    Be nice if it was all post-game though. Try and keep the main story as "in tact" as possible I guess. Unless they somehow make Mega Evos an important aspect of the story like they did in XY
    And if that's what they do, then more power to them. If Hoenn as a whole isn't down with this whole "Mega Evolution" sensation that's sweeping the nation and its role in the region is relegated to a postgame quest, then what's what they do. My point is simply that the mechanic won't be omitted or compromised on the sole basis of whether it fits into the story or not.

-----
    Words to|live by

Certainly, but if and when it comes down to the former vs. the latter, again, would you have them compromise the gameplay in the name of trying to contort themselves around an already tissue-thin story?
    I'd rather have both, as you said in another post, they're not exactly short on cash or resources to be able to do both. Back when I started pokemon, all I cared about was to battle and have fun. Now as I'm older, I like the story telling of things, be it games, books, tv, movies, w/e. While I know these are meant for kids, they know that that's not the case, that a LOT of the people that play these games are not children anymore, especially those that grew up with pokemon since the start.

Because if OR/AS are anything like the last two sets of remakes, the Hoenn story as told in fragments in Ruby/Sapphire and told canonically as a whole in Emerald no longer happened, and whatever place the Hoenn story has in what passes for continuity will be told in OR/AS. Just as Gold/Silver/Crystal no longer happened anymore, but HG/SS did. As such, there's nothing to explain: the Hoenn story is happening "now" and "now" includes mechanics like Mega Evolution as part of battles. A line of dialogue about how it's a skill people learned in Kalos and brought back to Hoenn and that's all taken care of.
    This is the part that sold me, gotta say that makes a whole lot of sense. So whatever we know of previous Sapphire/Ruby/Emerald holds no ground and just have to wait for the new "real" story from that time in November. Granted, that leaves the gaping hole in Diamond/Pearl/Platinum and the Black/White games, but they'll eventually remake those and have the new story involving megas (and whatever other system they invent from here till then) lol.

I suspect this is where the latios and latias mega forms come in (the ones found by hackers).
    Ruby is out! You may never see me again.

FC: 4742-6318-6975 - Dark: ,&

Most Recent Shiny:
    Current Hunt:
    Black Hunt:

I'd rather have both, as you said in another post, they're not exactly short on cash or resources to be able to do both.
    Gameplay vs. story is not a matter of money or resources. It will never be a matter of "well, we WOULD have written this deep, detailed and convoluted story that would have integrated Mega Evolution into Hoenn while explaining how R/S/E and OR/AS can coexist despite telling the same story (hint: it's aliens), buuuuuuuuuut we didn't have the money for it."

they know that that's not the case, that a LOT of the people that play these games are not children anymore, especially those that grew up with pokemon since the start.
    It isn't that many, relatively speaking. It's a decent number, but they're outnumbered by the kids in the target demographic who play these games many, many, many times over. "Growing up with Pokémon" since the start is a nice badge to put on a message board post but it doesn't really grant one anything more than that.

This is the part that sold me, gotta say that makes a whole lot of sense. So whatever we know of previous Sapphire/Ruby/Emerald holds no ground and just have to wait for the new "real" story from that time in November.
    That's pretty much it. Red/Blue didn't happen - Fire Red/Leaf Green did. Gold/Silver/Crystal didn't happen - Heart Gold/Soul Silver did. The remakes take the place of their predecessors in what passes for continuity, updating the story template to the then-modern standard.

Granted, that leaves the gaping hole in Diamond/Pearl/Platinum and the Black/White games, but they'll eventually remake those and have the new story involving megas (and whatever other system they invent from here till then) lol.
    And we can have that debate in another five or ten years. Get excited for that.

-----
    Words to|live by

I just want the old battle frontier back
    Signature edited due to exceeding font size limits. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.
    MF FC: 4227-2057-1261

National pokedex challenge completed!
    National pokedex completed 3 days before New Year.
    Thnx to all who helped me

Emerald's Frontier was still the best
    Pachirisu is my favorite mini pokemon. Dialga was the best Legendary for me.

O M E G A - R U B Y
    A L P H A - S A P P H I R E

Quote Originally Posted by Ajduk View Post
    I just want the old battle frontier back
    HGSS had all the Crystal-exclusive features and even included Eusine to the plot. So it is very safe to assume that Emerald-exclusive features such as:

- Scott, Battle Tents, Battle Frontier (and your Frontier Apprentice)
    - All Contests being held in a single location, which is Lilycove
    - Rayquaza's possible involvement to the storyline
    - Magma's Hideout located at Jagged Pass rather than Lilycove
    - Tag Battles
    - Gym Leaders being able to be rebattled in Double Battles
    - The Match Call feature of the PokeNav (does it mean no VS. Seeker?)
    - Juan (who can possibly be version exclusive Gym Leaders of Sootopolis with Wallace, keeping Steven as sole Champion)
    - Mirage Tower, Desert Underpass, Trainer Hill, Terra, Marine, Altering Cave and Artisan Caves, Navel Rock, Birth and Faraway Islands

...will be incorporated into both versions. And possibly add more.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

I can't wait to hear the updated track/s for the battle frontier. So much trumpet!! .
    <3 CHARIZARD FAN FOR LIFE!! <3
    Torchic//Tailow//Shroomish//Aron//Ralts//Spheal

Quote Originally Posted by Kaasuti View Post
    I can't wait to hear the updated track/s for the battle frontier. So much trumpet!! .
    Trumpets stay strong.

I hope there will be a little more diversity in pokemon found in the wild since the originals had repetitions of Poochyena and Zigzagoon.

I've always taken remakes as "retconing" the story and therefore the storyline of the original game becoming invalid. Such as with FireRed/LeafGreen and HeartGold/SoulSilver becoming the official 'canon' for those games opposed to Red/Blue and Gold/Silver. It'll be the same for this.

And on the whole 'Mega' debate, they can easily explain it just by something like a new character, who didn't previously appear in the original games who knows about Mega Evolution. As far as we are aware, Mega Evolution has always been around, just the characters we play aren't aware of it. Just like how the regions have always been there, the Cross-generation Evolutions have always been there, 'new' Pokémon have always been around etc. but we, as the character, don't know of it.

I don't see why they should have a complex reason for it appearing. And so what if there is continuity errors; the games are aimed at children, who most likely won't be that bothered about the games explaining why they're there or not. But I'm sure GameFreak already has an explanation within the game.

And yes, in X&Y they say that Mega Evolution is found "only in Kalos", but, we all know that this won't end up being true (as no doubt Mega Evolution will be included in future generations). For all we know, that could of just been marketing jabber to make it seem "exclusive".

POKÉMON OMEGA RUBY & APLHA SAPPHIRE
    |
    MEGA EVOLUTION | 0301-9985-7534 | SAM
    Y FRIEND SAFARI: WATER WITH OCTILLERY, WARTORTLE AND AZUMARILL

Page 61 of 507 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111161 ... LastLast