Page 14 of 501 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire: Expectations & Desires? [Not a speculation thread]

Like the repeated Megas in x and y, I expect that any repeated Megas in these games will be called "alpha and omega"

For example if blaziken has an extra mega evolution in this game it will be represented by "mega blaziken alpha" for its xy addition and "mega blaziken omega" for its remake addition.

It would be good if they didn't change the storyline completely but added parts to it like they did in HGSS and FRLG. Most of us had already played the original story, so to come out with these games with just 3D graphics would be a shame on what they could have done
    Emerald team:
    FR team:
    Pearl Team:
    SS team:
    Wh team:
    Wh2:

favourites:

Do you think the use of 3D characters will be expanded on? By this İ mean, in X and Y we only got 3D battle sprites of the rivals, professor and Team Flare members while all other characters got 2D Art intro. Do you guys think in these two games all trainers will have 3D battle intros?

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    It's not the slots I'll miss, it's the roulette, which was actually unique to Hoenn.
    Speaking of unique, I really liked the PokeBlock mini-game, especially with the Berry Master in Emerald. Made some sick PokeBlocks with him. Wonder if they'll return.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by LeafeonTheVoid View Post
    Referring to the Greek alphabet, Alpha is the first letter, while Omega is the last. First and last...a beginning and an end. Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but I feel there might be some deeper meaning behind this.
    Post-apocalyptic Hoenn game. Hoenn confirmed. To end.

I'm kidding, but could you imagine? I can't see Gamefreak ever going that dark.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

And there it is.

Spoiler:- MEGAS:
    Last edited by Keyblade_Cub; 8th May 2014 at 12:29 AM.

Banner made myself

3DS FC: 2621-2658-2369
    Pokemon X Safari - Ground: Nincada, Wooper and Diggersby

3DS XL FC: 1306-6995-8874
    Pokemon Y Safari - Fighting:

Quote Originally Posted by kemal07 View Post
    Do you think the use of 3D characters will be expanded on? By this İ mean, in X and Y we only got 3D battle sprites of the rivals, professor and Team Flare members while all other characters got 2D Art intro. Do you guys think in these two games all trainers will have 3D battle intros?
    I would hope so! I would that. But its properly not going to happen to the new console.. whatever and whenever it is. They properly did do that in the first place because of data space. Of course I am not a expect on that kind of thing but htat is just my guess. Still would be awesome.
    I am the Master of Arcanine and Boy do I love this Big Dog

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

50% of Serebii users are relapsing pokemon fans...if you are among those that never got off the band wagon...copy and paste this in your sig (started by CyberBlastoise).

Hoenn here we Come! 17 hrs to go
    3ds friend code: 3265-5471-9696.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Speaking of unique, I really liked the PokeBlock mini-game, especially with the Berry Master in Emerald. Made some sick PokeBlocks with him. Wonder if they'll return.
    It wouldn't be Hoenn if it didn't return in some capacity.

Maybe they'll find a way to revamp it with 3DS tech or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyblade_Cub View Post
    And there it is.

Even though it's the umpteenth time it's been posted, that's still fake.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by 13_luckynumber View Post
    I think there was placeholders for Kyurem-BW but not for the Platinum stuff
    There was, for all three apparently.

It's why we knew to look for extra placeholders in BW1

My head is spinning with all the potential. Though there's a "new adventure and story" these are titled as remakes, so no timeskip or sequel speculation.

First of all, carry over some of the great stuff from X and Y. Make the Pokenav basically be the PSS now. Trainer customization as well, even though Brendan and May have sort of become iconic. And of course, new megas, but that seems given looking at Omega Groudon and Alpha Kyogre.

Other desires:

- Expand the Pokedex.
    - Flesh out the routes more. Hoenn's diversity is already great, but seeing it in 3D could add a lot more.
    - Make the alliance with Team Magma or Aqua more apparent. Maybe not officially joining an evil team but working with one.
    - Challenge mode.
    - Emerald Battle Frontier.
    - Contest BATTLES.
    - Online Secret Bases.
    - Make Steven the Champion, or better yet, Winona.

Spoiler:- "Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Quote Originally Posted by Plus side down side View Post
    Post-apocalyptic Hoenn game. Hoenn confirmed. To end.

I'm kidding, but could you imagine? I can't see Gamefreak ever going that dark.
    That...That would be pretty neat actually. lol I wouldn't mind this in the slightest.

EDIT: I should clarify, I meant the post-apocalyptic thing. :P
    Last edited by MonMonCandie; 8th May 2014 at 12:30 AM.

Image by もちづき
    ...Your tender smile and our petty squabbles...
    Just how much are all those supposed to have toughened me up?

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    I hope you're joking.
    No im dead seroius a skateboard in pokemon yes still not likely but did we say that about gen 3's remake it happened
    so who knows i also want them to change up the region i could play ruby right now and beat the game in one day the region i know by heart (i have the gamepak lol)

I haven't even tried to read through all the responses in this thread, so I'll probably be repeating others' statements, but...here we go xD

First of all I know some people have mentioned character customization and I totally agree with that! It's one of the things that I still enjoy doing in X, and I would love to see it improved upon and expanded in these new releases. Even if the only change is that we can take our hats off, I'll be happy for sure.

I'm also very hopeful to see the Secret Bases return, since they were one of my favorite things in R/S/E. (And we'd better get those musical mats back if Secret Bases exist, because I loved putting them in order at the entrance and running over them, lol) Dive would be wonderful, especially if it was presented similarly to its original incarnation; I'm still not a fan of those odd "circular" diving moments we got in X/Y. Otherwise, I'd like to see the music brought over fittingly with no large changes (*ahem*Goldenrod City in HG/SS*ahem*) and it would be nice to get the Battle Frontier immediately, although I'm not invested enough in it to really mind if it's not included.

Personally, I don't really care about Megas one way or the other. I'm expecting them to be included, but I don't think I'll care either way, or utilize them at all. I'd like it if they weren't forced upon the player as drastically as they were in X/Y, which I think will be the case, since these games aren't focusing on the discovery of Megas anyway. Nonetheless, it would be cool to get some interesting Mega designs.

Most of all, I'm seriously looking forward to seeing my favorite locations redesigned. I'm definitely not expecting this to match the nostalgia factor of R/S/E, but some of my best-loved places are in Hoenn, and with updated graphics, chances are they'll be even more beautiful than they originally were. The areas around Fortree City and Pacifidlog Town are especially important to me, plus all the water routes in general, Lavaridge and Fallarbor...I certainly don't want to sound pessimistic, but my hopes for these remakes are riding on justice being done to Hoenn as a whole, so I'm really hoping that Game Freak does their best work yet.
    Off exploring Hoenn again

Wow i so forgot about the secret bases and like shneak said it would be better online seeing how people decroted there little base but that would similar to gen 4 online mining base thing were you would go online and you had this secret base and you could let people inside i wonder will the laptop still be in the middle

I'm really hoping they remove the ability to trade with the older games. It's a Hoenn tradition. They've got to play up the nostalgia factor.

I better see that damn mirage this time around. Did anybody been on that elusive place?
    Mega Masquerain[Bug/Water]with Prankster

[70/20/92/120/122/90]

That's it I'm demanding Freeze Dry Masquerain

Quote Originally Posted by Dad View Post
    I'm really hoping they remove the ability to trade with the older games. It's a Hoenn tradition. They've got to play up the nostalgia factor.
    No, they're not going to compromise functionality and connectivity in the name of nostalgia. That would be a terrible decision.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

What I want-
    More Megas (Sableye, Swampert, Gallade, Sceptile...)
    Online Interactions with the Bases.
    Steven to be Champion
    Wallace to remain 8th Gym Leader and have Juan just leave.
    Keep Liza and Tate as Double Battle Gym Leaders.
    Have the cool Bike Place have a Roller Skate part to.
    Proud owner of the Master League~

Userbar and badge made by broomstig.
    Claimed Reuniclus
    Ask.fm/DeviantArt

Referring to the Greek alphabet, Alpha is the first letter, while Omega is the last. First and last...a beginning and an end. Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but I feel there might be some deeper meaning behind this.
    That is a very interesting thought, though. Thanks for sharing!
    Just like how X and Y could refer to chromosoms and DNA, I do believe Alpha and Omega have a deeper meaning than just to fit with the legendaries' body patterns. I really can't wait to have the very first informations about the games!
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Quote Originally Posted by MonMonCandie View Post
    That...That would be pretty neat actually. lol I wouldn't mind this in the slightest.

EDIT: I should clarify, I meant the post-apocalyptic thing. :P
    By all technicality though, the Pokemon universe takes place in an already post-apocalyptic environment as is. Still, with the game names alone and the story behind how the region was suppose to have been shaped by the two titans raging against one another. I loved the story with the orbs. Can't wait to see the revamped teams Aqua and Magma.
    IGN: Reavis FC: 1005-9620-0912 (Y/OR) Friend Safari: (Grass): Pansage, Swadloon, Gogoat
        Spoiler:- Credits:

Another thing I wouldn't really mind seeing (although it's kind of stupid): I hope Wallace has a connection with the Pokemon Contests here. As I said before, I haven't finished Emerald yet, soooo...I kind of assumed Wallace already took part in Contests like his anime and PokeSpe counterparts. xD To my surprised when I looked it up some days again, he was not. lol Yes, stupid thing and I should be ashamed. lol

EDIT:
    By all technicality though, the Pokemon universe takes place in an already post-apocalyptic environment as is. Still, with the game names alone and the story behind how the region was suppose to have been shaped by the two titans raging against one another. I loved the story with the orbs. Can't wait to see the revamped teams Aqua and Magma.
    Good point! But if these games were a sort of continuity with the original RSE games, that'd be pretty cool. We could see the environmental aftereffects that the Weather trio may have laid waste too in these games. Not to say it'll happen, but it's a thought. :P
    Last edited by MonMonCandie; 8th May 2014 at 12:46 AM.

Image by もちづき
    ...Your tender smile and our petty squabbles...
    Just how much are all those supposed to have toughened me up?

Well, now that 3rd Gen is being remade, there should be no reasons for Game Freak to not give Sceptile and Swampert Mega forms. I really want to see the Lati Duo receive their mega forms that were revealed earlier in X/Y. Mega Evolutions as a whole can be more focused on Pokémon from Gen III that may have missed chances of improvement in X/Y whether it be Sableye or Torkoal. Other than this, I really can' wait to see what is done to the Hoenn region now that Game Freak is most likely going to be sticking with the 3D graphics.

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    No, they're not going to compromise functionality and connectivity in the name of nostalgia. That would be a terrible decision.
    Well, the core games for each series, sure, keep those progressive. But the remakes basically rely on nostalgia of fans to sell. I'd say cut the connectivity just for those games. I'd even go as far as to advocate a return to really nice 2D just for these.

Quote Originally Posted by Dad View Post
    Well, the core games for each series, sure, keep those progressive. But the remakes basically rely on nostalgia of fans to sell. I'd say cut the connectivity just for those games. I'd even go as far as to advocate a return to really nice 2D just for these games.
    My level of pissed offness would out weigh my feeling of nostalgia if they removed connectivity.
    To lack fear is stupidity, to face it is bravery.

I hope it is allowed to post gifs to show my happiness, otherwise, I'm truly sorry about that, and please let me know I'm not following the rules. But this, THIS demonstrates well how I feel about Game Freak:

I'm not expecting a third version to come with it, so I assume Rayquaza's going to implemented into the two versions. I wonder if it will get just as much focus as the two others will probably do, though. With a possible alternate form, for example.

Also, another silly wish of mine; new or remaked Team Aqua and Magmar outfits. They seemed really simple and boring. I hope they make them much more dynamic this time around!
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Page 14 of 501 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast