Page 85 of 471 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995135185 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,125 of 11760

Thread: New Mega Evolutions Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by sheld999 View Post
    gen 2 water starter ( sorry forget name ) should be water steel or water/fighting water/thunder
    Feraligatr as Water/Steel or Water/Electric ????

Quote Originally Posted by Zemedelphos View Post
    Did you mean Alomamola? Heheheh.

Regardless, I wonder what Mega Luvdisc's typing would be. Water/Fairy, perhaps?
    I'd like to see it become Water/Fire. Makes some sense if you think of the heart's association with passion (AKA fire). It would give it a definite feature to make it different from other pokemon in a new way. Leaves it with weaknesses for Electric, Ground, and Rock, resistances to Bug and Fairy, and double resistances to Fire, Ice, and Steel. It would need access to some Fire type attacks (unless they gave it a Fire equivalent to Pixilate/Aerilate), but otherwise, it's just a matter of giving it some attack and speed boosts. Perhaps boost SpA to 100, Speed to 117, and Attack to 80... and drop Def to 40 and SpD to 50. It's not like Luvdisc is particularly capable of taking hits, anyway, so might as well sacrifice a bit of its barely-existent bulk to enable the power boost. It probably also needs Hyper Beam or a move like that, if it's going to get a Fire type Aerilate-like ability.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowKreach View Post
    That's the thing though. With the Kanto starters, it's undeniable that Charizard is the absolute most popular, whereas Venusaur and Blastoise are both at pretty much the same level of popularity (i.e. Nowhere near Charizard). However, with the Johto starters, it's almost impossible to come to a consensus on which is the most popular because Typhlosion and Feraligatr are both equally well liked, whereas Meganium is something of an anti-Charizard, being by far the least popular of the three. You can say with absolute certainty that Charizard/Meganium is the most popular/least popular starter of their generation, whereas Venusaur, Blastoise, Typhlosion and Feraligatr are all fairly equal, relatively.
    But Gamefreak wouldn't want to take risk by giving 2 Mega's to the least popular one.

I think that they would only be giving 2 Mega's for those who are popular or extremely popular.

If there is a tie (based on public opinion), then maybe they would just decide it among themselves as to who would get the doubles.

There is no way they would do the reverse and chose the least popular. Since fans (point to be noted is that this only considers fans in Japan) tend to be more focused on the ones they like (or the ones which is popular) rather than the ones they don't like.

Like in the case of the Mega's for the Kanto Starter's, most of the focus (from the fans) was purely on Charizard's Mega's (before the release of the games).

It wasn't until that people played the game and found out the usability that the liked the others as well.

And in order to keep the hype up, they would have to focus on pre-release promotions. And that would only be achieved by given bonuses to the popular ones which would the basic strategy of making a business and profit.

Can mega evolved pokemon disobey trainers that have the the mega ring? What does a Pokemon disobeying its trainer look like? Like confusion, so no animation?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario At Service View Post
    Feraligatr as Water/Steel or Water/Electric ????
    LOL... Feraligatr as "godzilla" water/electric would be funny.

Quote Originally Posted by confuser987 View Post
    Can mega evolved pokemon disobey trainers that have the the mega ring? What does a Pokemon disobeying its trainer look like? Like confusion, so no animation?
    probably work like Truant

Read this to get the general idea.
    http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Obedience

Quote Originally Posted by gamers4all View Post
    LOL... Feraligatr as "godzilla" water/electric would be funny.
    We already got something similar with Tyranitar in the B2W2 games and the anime.
    Last edited by Lucario At Service; 13th June 2014 at 1:54 PM.

See, for me typhlosion doesn't need a mega but rather a seperate evolution for quilava entirely. Back when gen 2 first came out, I used cyndaquil hoping that its final evolution would be a porcupine. If they did that instead of a mega, and made it significantly more speedy/powerful (base 125 for each), that'd probably see way more use than a mega due to typhlosion's only usable set being a choice-scarf/specs eruption abuser.
    ~Currently own: X and Y (4597-0364-2569), current 6th gen OU record: 199W/44L/6D-, UU record: 31W/0L/4D
    NXT fan, RU supporter, and steam enthusiast.

Honestly if a Pokemon gets two Mega's, i'm pretty sure it's because that's what Game Freak wanted to do, not because of it's popularity and how it's received.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Could you please use English names so people can understand what you're trying to say?
    I tried to be consistent here since I have used Japanese names for most Pokémon. How about whenever I refer to a Pokémon then I will put a national number before it? Such as 160 Ordile so that people have an idea of what I am talking about. Because I do not want people start saying that sometimes I use Japanese names and sometimes English. Moreover I have a book that the contains Japanese trademarked names for the Pokémon so I do not have to look it up every time.

I think if the Pokémon is the same original trainer then it will obey no matter what. Only outsiders have the possibility that will have disobedience.
    Last edited by zhixun; 13th June 2014 at 2:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zhixun View Post
    I tried to be consistent here since I have used Japanese names for most Pokémon. How about whenever I refer to a Pokémon then I will put a national number before it? Such as 160 Ordile so that people have an idea of what I am talking about. Because I do not want people start saying that sometimes I use Japanese names and sometimes English. Moreover I have a book that the contains Japanese trademarked names for the Pokémon so I do not have to look it up every time.
    I don't have a problem with someone posting Japanese names since even though this is a English based forum, it still follows things related to Japanese.

And if i have doubt regarding a name, i would just check some reference material to clarify which one is it.

I sometime use the Bulbapedia's listing, but since i know the Japanese names of most of the commonly talked Pokemons, i don't need to look it up regularly.
    http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...C3%A9mon_names

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter ゴースト View Post
    Honestly if a Pokemon gets two Mega's, i'm pretty sure it's because that's what Game Freak wanted to do, not because of it's popularity and how it's received.
    Well, they have said that popularity is a factor (but not the only one), and considering that the two Pokémon who were given dual Mega Evolutions are two of the most popular Pokémon to ever exist...
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mye View Post
    See, for me typhlosion doesn't need a mega but rather a seperate evolution for quilava entirely. Back when gen 2 first came out, I used cyndaquil hoping that its final evolution would be a porcupine. If they did that instead of a mega, and made it significantly more speedy/powerful (base 125 for each), that'd probably see way more use than a mega due to typhlosion's only usable set being a choice-scarf/specs eruption abuser.
    We have never seen a starter that has branch evolution if you omit the possibility that Mega Lizardon has X and Y versions. I think they will keep that in the future since one has got branch evolution then so do the other two for fairness in my opinion.

I don't have a problem with someone posting Japanese names since even though this is a English based forum, it still follows things related to Japanese.

And if i have doubt regarding a name, i would just check some reference material to clarify which one is it.

I sometime use the Bulbapedia's listing, but since i know the Japanese names of most of the commonly talked Pokemons, i don't need to look it up regularly.
    http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...C3%A9mon_names
    I did not realise Bulbapedia has made that list. Indeed this is much more detailed than what I have got. Sometimes I even got confused when they use English names of a Pokémon which is not common.

As for the popularity of the Johto Starter's, i feel that Feraligatr is actually more popular than Typhlosion.
    That's probably true, and even deserved, as Feraligatr is the only good Johto starter.

Quote Originally Posted by sheld999 View Post
    gen 2 water starter feraligatr should be water steel or water/fighting water/thunder
    That doesn't make sense. Water/Electric seems out of the picture
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonguetyd View Post
    That's probably true, and even deserved, as Feraligatr is the only good Johto starter.
    Well all of them are great, Typhlosion will be my favorite though.
    ASB | TPC | TCD
    Claimed Typhlosion.

Honestly, Charizard is probably the most popular starter EVER, I personaly love him, too. I think Charizard is going to be only startewr with two Megaevos.
    I am still learning to speak English. I am not really bad at it, I quess, but I am sure I am still making mistakes. Please, excuse them, I hope you're going to understand me well.

Favorite Pokémon: Voltorb
    Other: Charizard, Magneton, Magnezone, Metagross, Dragonite, Scrafty, Klinklang, Chandelure, Salamance, Froakie, Gogoat and others
    I am from the Czech republic. If you don't know where it is, check Google maps, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakphoon™ View Post
    Well all of them are great, Typhlosion will be my favorite though.
    Sorry, but Meganium isn't great. It's pretty bad starter. I like its design, though
    I am still learning to speak English. I am not really bad at it, I quess, but I am sure I am still making mistakes. Please, excuse them, I hope you're going to understand me well.

Favorite Pokémon: Voltorb
    Other: Charizard, Magneton, Magnezone, Metagross, Dragonite, Scrafty, Klinklang, Chandelure, Salamance, Froakie, Gogoat and others
    I am from the Czech republic. If you don't know where it is, check Google maps, thank you.

Well now that you guys have mentioned it, I could see (a possible) Mega Meganium being Grass/Fairy and Mega Feraligatr Water/Dark... but Mega Typhlosion just seems, to me, that it would remain pure Fire.
    Morjens!
    3DS FC: 3110-4257-9678

Quote Originally Posted by Elchar View Post
    Sorry, but Meganium isn't great. It's pretty bad starter. I like its design, though
    Many people think Grass starter is bad because of too many weaknesses I guess. But Meganium's Physical and Special Defense are not bad to compensate that and at least it is better than the other two.

Quote Originally Posted by Munchy View Post
    Well now that you guys have mentioned it, I could see (a possible) Mega Meganium being Grass/Fairy and Mega Feraligatr Water/Dark... but Mega Typhlosion just seems, to me, that it would remain pure Fire.
    Personally, I think having all three get Fairy typing would be fine for 2nd gen starters. All three could pull off Fairy type mega evolutions. Grass/Fairy Mega Meganium, Water/Fairy Mega Feraligatr, and Fire/Fairy Mega Typhlosion. Would certainly give the generation its own twist, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    Sableye getting a Mega does make me think for certain that a handful of Generation 3 Pokemon will get Mega Evolutions. Before I thought it was just going to be the ones shown(And Mega Latios/Latias whenever they get shown). I'm leaning more towards Camerupt and Sharpedo getting Megas now. Metagross can probably get one too..
    Although it's not a boss pokémon like those 3, my hopes for Mega Masquerain have been enhanced. =]

I have claimed Nidoran ♀
        Spoiler:- My collections in Pokémon X:

3DS Friend Code: 2766-9498-2899
    Water Safari
    Savanna Pattern Vivillon

Quote Originally Posted by Aielyn View Post
    Personally, I think having all three get Fairy typing would be fine for 2nd gen starters. All three could pull off Fairy type mega evolutions. Grass/Fairy Mega Meganium, Water/Fairy Mega Feraligatr, and Fire/Fairy Mega Typhlosion. Would certainly give the generation its own twist, in my opinion.
    What is the reason for that? To me 157 Bakphoon and 160 Ordile being a fairy type makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Munchy View Post
    Why so? Its a Volcano Pokémon. It shall get the ground typing when it mega evolves.
    ASB | TPC | TCD
    Claimed Typhlosion.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakphoon™ View Post
    Why so? Its a Volcano Pokémon. It shall get the ground typing when it mega evolves.
    Those are just Species classifications. They don't mean much. They're just there for flavor, more or less. For instance, look at Bidoof - the "Plump Mouse" Pokémon, based on a beaver. Or Thundurus - the "Bolt Strike" Pokémon who doesn't learn Bolt Strike.
    Last edited by Endolise; 13th June 2014 at 3:54 PM.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    Those are just Species classifications. They don't mean much. They're just there for flavor, more or less. For instance, look at Bidoof - the "Plump Mouse" Pokémon, based on a beaver. Or Thundurus - the "Bolt Strike" Pokémon who doesn't learn Bolt Strike.
    Agreed. But I dont see them giving ME's for Meganium and Feraligatr and completely leave out Typhlosion. They added Mega Sceptile and Swampert to even it out with Blaziken so I don't see only Feraligatr and Meganium get one.
    ASB | TPC | TCD
    Claimed Typhlosion.

is it me, or does the diancie in the trailer look shiny? the crystals on its mega form also look like a darker pink than it should be...

Page 85 of 471 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995135185 ... LastLast