Page 152 of 560 FirstFirst ... 52102142148149150151152153154155156162202252 ... LastLast
Results 3,776 to 3,800 of 13990

Thread: New Mega Evolutions Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by gamer_legend View Post
    This actually raises a good point on Rock Type fossils. I don't think rock was any of their initial types, I simply think they attained it after having their DNA buried and imprinted on it for millions of years causing the rock to become a part of it when it was resurrected. Though that would be an awesome concept for Mega-Volutions if they come through.
    My 2 cents

So close guys. The Fossils do wht Kyogre and Groudon do and return to their Primeval form before the time took their power away. Not exactly a mega evolution but precisely wht happens to those two. All the fossils can use an upgrade and here it comes
    1 million thanks to Varanus for this Shiny Card.

0963-1007-3370 Y Fc

Quote Originally Posted by EonDragonFTW View Post
    I'm liking this idea, and after all they gave Charizard 2 Mega forms, so why not?
    (btw what does Analytic do again?)
    Powers up moves if user moves last. Also powers moves if opponent switches, thus punishing the opponent and his/her cowardice.
    I was thinking Sheer Force MegaGross to be not as bulky, but being much faster. Analytic MegaGross has much better bulk, but a lesser increase in its speed boost.
    Sheer Force MegaGross can be hardchecked by Fire Punch MegaZardX, while Analytic MegaGross can be hard checked by MegaZardY.
    Quote Originally Posted by EonDragonFTW
    Other Megas i'd like would be probopass, hariyama, and Milotic (the first two would improve them and give them more usage, the latter cuz it's a really popular pokemon)
    Probopass needs a Special Attack and speed boost so it can become a Glass Cannon (laughable 60 HP hardly backed up by really high defenses).
    Now Hariyama, Idk, but it needs more tankiness (give some competition to other tanks).

Quote Originally Posted by 3fiddy View Post
    My 2 cents

So close guys. The Fossils do wht Kyogre and Groudon do and return to their Primeval form before the time took their power away. Not exactly a mega evolution but precisely wht happens to those two. All the fossils can use an upgrade and here it comes
    Except Aerodactyl already has a Mega Evolution.
    I would love for ancientmons/fossils to get Reversions, but it's usually a Legendary thing (fusions strictly for Kyurem and Zekrom/Reshiram). May be GameFreak will break that convention in future generations.
    Last edited by Blackjack the Titan; 30th June 2014 at 10:46 PM.

I really don't see what the talk about Primal Reversion for Fossils is about. They didn't have access to the "primal power" of Groudon and Kyogre's age; they just (maybe) lived in that age.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    Maybe before we go crazy with "and this mega could get a NEW ABILITY THAT DOES THE EXACT THING IT NEEDS TO BE AMAZING" we should wait to see if we get new abilities on anything that isnt getting a primal thing

Must we go through the heartbreak of sableye again?!
    Heartbreak for you, maybe. Depending on its stat distribution, Magic Bounce may be all Mega Sableye needs to become the Unkillable Tank.

Awh no love for a mega exploud on here. lol.
    Ranked Number 922 Globally in the April Friendly Competition!
    & Ranked 417 in the U.S.A!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    I really don't see what the talk about Primal Reversion for Fossils is about. They didn't have access to the "primal power" of Groudon and Kyogre's age; they just (maybe) lived in that age.

Heartbreak for you, maybe. Depending on its stat distribution, Magic Bounce may be all Mega Sableye needs to become the Unkillable Tank.
    100 bst aint going to do much for something that's getting a primary boost to Defense and Special Attack

Quote Originally Posted by 3fiddy View Post
    My 2 cents

Well said buddy that's the best way of putting it. Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre aren't the Pokemon that have adapted to the world around it, they're the primal beasts looking simply to destroy each other until one stands (Same as the Leviathan Vs Behemoth) by unleashing all their true power. I love it and I love how polite you were to end that comment with a smiley that was sweet.
    - My Sig was too Tall, so a Mod fixed it -

Quote Originally Posted by thatdude53 View Post
    Awh no love for a mega exploud on here. lol.
    Give Mega Exploud an ability that makes sound-based moves do 1.5x damage or something like that, and bost it's special attack

Nothing will be able to take a Boomburst
    FC (White): 1248-9416-2795
    3DS FC: 1633-4254-1939
    Friend Safari: (Rock) Dwebble, Macargo, Barbaracle
    PM me if you want a battle or trade

Quote Originally Posted by Endless View Post
    What? You don't feel the testosterone rush through your veins when you look at Machamp's large, manly pecs?

Quote Originally Posted by EonDragonFTW View Post
    Give Mega Exploud an ability that makes sound-based moves do 1.5x damage or something like that, and bost it's special attack

Nothing will be able to take a Boomburst
    I will just repost what I said a couple of pages ago:

I think exploud should get a mega evolution emphasizing on it's special attack stat so it can take full advantage of boomburst. Oh and also maybe a new ability that raises sound based moves attacks by 30% and lowers opposing sound based attacks by 30% or completely granting an immunity to said moves. I don't understand why Norman never used an exploud. Also it should gain access to bug buzz and snarl at the very least. 71.5 power snarl while lowering the special attack stat every turn could prove very useful in my opinion. With this ability boomburst and hypervoice would become pretty powerful.

Boomburst would destroy a lot of pokemon that don't have any form of support! Also the new said ability would work like scrappy so not even ghost would be safe.

Maybe it's new stat distribution could be:
    Hp:104
    Attack:91
    Defense:63+20=83
    Special Attack:91+30=121
    Special Defense:73+10=83
    Speed:68+40=108
    Last edited by thatdude53; 30th June 2014 at 11:32 PM.

I will just repost what I said a couple of pages ago:

I think exploud should get a mega evolution emphasizing on it's special attack stat so it can take full advantage of boomburst. Oh and also maybe a new ability that raises sound based moves attacks by 30% and lowers opposing sound based attacks by 30% or completely granting an immunity to said moves. I don't understand why Norman never used an exploud. Also it should gain access to bug buzz and snarl at the very least. 71.5 power snarl while lowering the special attack stat every turn could prove very useful in my opinion. With this ability boomburst and hypervoice would become pretty powerful.

Boomburst would destroy a lot of pokemon that don't have any form of support! Also the new said ability would work like scrappy so not even ghost would be safe.
    Didn't know that sound-based moves were so universal as to receive a nerfing from a Mega.
    The only Pokemon that really use Sound moves besides Exploud are Sylveon, Gardevoir, Noivern and Aurorus, three who use it with a power-boosting, type changing ability, and the former two who actually use it in Competitive play.

Just give Mega Exploud Competitive so it can make use of enemy's Sticky Web and Defog.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack the Titan View Post
    Didn't know that sound-based moves were so universal as to receive a nerfing from a Mega.
    The only Pokemon that really use Sound moves besides Exploud are Sylveon, Gardevoir, Noivern and Aurorus, three who use it with a power-boosting, type changing ability, and the former two who actually use it in Competitive play.

Just give Mega Exploud Competitive so it can make use of enemy's Sticky Web and Defog.
    In my opinion it's not like because there are so few damaging moves that it doesn't deserve any type of immunity. I thought granting it an immunity to said moves because it's logical at least to me. If exploud is screaming out these attacks then it obviously shouldn't be damaged by other attacks like it because sound waves cancel each other out, but of course I'm just assuming because I am no scientist. Plus this would make it to where the only thing that can take down a mega exploud would be another mega exploud or another pokemon with soundproof. I mean there weren't that many sound based moves when soundproof was introduced yet GF still created it. Like I said this is all of my opinion so please no one take this as me pushing ideas that I can prove. Ha.

Maybe even call it cacophony.
    Last edited by thatdude53; 30th June 2014 at 11:49 PM.

In my opinion it's not like because there are so few damaging moves that it doesn't deserve any type of immunity. I thought granting it an immunity to said moves because it's logical at least to me. If exploud is screaming out these attacks then it obviously shouldn't be damaged by other attacks like it because sound waves cancel each other out, but of course I'm just assuming because I am no scientist. Plus this would make it to where the only thing that can take down a mega exploud would be another mega exploud or another pokemon with soundproof. I mean there weren't that many sound based moves when soundproof was introduced yet GF still created it. Like I said this is all of my opinion so please no one take this as me pushing ideas that I can prove. Ha.
    Not trying to take it seriously. I just want every Mega to get a fairly powerful boost and not niche uses.

Not trying to take it seriously. I just want every Mega to get a fairly powerful boost and not niche uses.
    Really you think its niche? I thought it was kind of too op. I would just love a new ability that combines soundproof and scrappy but also adds a 30% boost to damaging sound based attacks.

For Exploud I doubt they'd make a special ability that powerful. All he needs is a focused boost to his special attack and a little boost to defences, maybe dropping speed a bit, and he'd be a pretty solid competitor. His move pool is perfect and if he got 40-60 more special attack his boomburst would be the mightiest in the game by far. Just let the guy keep Scrappy so he can keep Boomburstin' ghosts.

Personally I'm really hoping for Mega Metagross but I'm also excited to maybe see others. Exploud would be really fun to play with with the right boost and others like Ludicolo, Shiftry, Plusle, Minun, the fossils, and Milotic I could see being amazing.

I hope Metagross gets Levitate so he can avoid ground attacks so he has one less common weakness. His new weaknesses hurt him a lot. Filter would also be really cool for a similar reason.

My post from a few pages back on Armaldos

Quote Originally Posted by gamers4all View Post
    Mega Armaldo should totally be Steel/Bug type with Heatproof ability.

(being it's partly a marine/ocean pokemon, water creatures shouldn't be weak to fire)
    (and Armaldo already look like a steel type pokemon with it's armors)
    Fits way better than Water/Bug...

Look at those huge armors it's got, especially since most Mega Evolves tends to "grow larger" *points at Swampert*

Definitely higher Def and SDef along with a focus on boosted Special Attack.
    For its ability, it should have something like Tinted Lens, with Scrappy, Miracle Eye and Mold Breaker features (its Boomburst hits Ghost types, its Psychic moves (if any) hit Dark types, etc.). With this ability lowered Speed might be more facorable to balance the buffs.

Cradily could turn into Water/Poison and get this sort of sea anemone look to it. I see increases in Sp.Def. And Sp.Atk.
    Back to Hoenn? Hope they remember us!

Definitely higher Def and SDef along with a focus on boosted Special Attack.
    For its ability, it should have something like Tinted Lens, with Scrappy, Miracle Eye and Mold Breaker features (its Boomburst hits Ghost types, its Psychic moves (if any) hit Dark types, etc.). With this ability lowered Speed might be more facorable to balance the buffs.
    They don't tend to do abilities like that. People keep coming up with really strong abilities that are combinations of 3 or 4 other ones. Most existing abilities don't do more than 1 or 2 things. Think about it, they have roughly 1 line to write the explanation for it and most abilities are explained fairly well. They don't get very complicated. The most I can see it getting is a boost to sound based moves or keeping scrappy. It'll be perfectly fine with stat boosts without needing some really complicated op ability.
    Signature stuff, will fill in later

Quote Originally Posted by Zoldakin View Post
    They don't tend to do abilities like that. People keep coming up with really strong abilities that are combinations of 3 or 4 other ones. Most existing abilities don't do more than 1 or 2 things. Think about it, they have roughly 1 line to write the explanation for it and most abilities are explained fairly well. They don't get very complicated. The most I can see it getting is a boost to sound based moves or keeping scrappy. It'll be perfectly fine with stat boosts without needing some really complicated op ability.
    Mine was only two abilities plus an added effect. I just want boomburst to hit all and with greater power. Exploud's stats have to either emphasize total speed like mine or drop speed completely for another stat to be viable. I really like my stat distribution, but it probably won't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Draycen View Post
    Cradily could turn into Water/Poison and get this sort of sea anemone look to it. I see increases in Sp.Def. And Sp.Atk.
    No dual typed Pokemon got a complete type change from a Mega. Mega Charizard X's Flying was replaced with Dragon, and Mega Aggron lost its Rock typing. Cradily only has four weaknesses.
    I'll just go ahead and quote my older post for you.

I'd like for the following to happen.
        Spoiler:- Vertical Post:

These are just my expectations and preferences for these Megas. Knowing GameFreak, they'll definitely make it different IF they give the two fossils Megas.

They don't tend to do abilities like that. People keep coming up with really strong abilities that are combinations of 3 or 4 other ones. Most existing abilities don't do more than 1 or 2 things.
    That's why the new original ability for Mega Gallade I made up works.

-= Game's Text =-
    "This Pokemon always attack first on the turn it is send out into Battle"

-= In-Depth Effect =-
    This Pokemon gains +3 Priority on the turn it is send out into Battle than returns to +0 afterwards"

People just needs to find simpler ways to explain it in a short phrase.

Quote Originally Posted by gamers4all View Post
    That's why the new original ability for Mega Gallade I made up works.

-= Game's Text =-
    "This Pokemon always attack first on the turn it is send out into Battle"

-= In-Depth Effect =-
    This Pokemon gains +3 Priority on the turn it is send out into Battle than returns to +0 afterwards"

People just needs to find simpler ways to explain it in a short phrase.
    So... Gallade would get +3 priority on the turn he enters battle, thereby making the Ability useless unless he is coming in off a fainted ally? Or am I not understanding?

No dual typed Pokemon got a complete type change from a Mega. Mega Charizard X's Flying was replaced with Dragon, and Mega Aggron lost its Rock typing. Cradily only has four weaknesses.
    I'll just go ahead and quote my older post for you.
    Did I say water? I meant to keep grass
    Back to Hoenn? Hope they remember us!

Quote Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
    So... Gallade would get +3 priority on the turn he enters battle, thereby making the Ability useless unless he is coming in off a fainted ally? Or am I not understanding?
    I think it'd be better if the poster explained that Mega Gallade got a drastic Speed drop, hence the need for the priority.
    But yeah, unless you mean the first turn it is out in battle it gets +3 priority, the effect explanation isn't clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Draycen View Post
    Did I say water? I meant to keep grass
    Well, neutrality to Bug and Ground and resistances to Fairy, Fighting, and Grass aren't bad, Grass/Poison for Cradily isn't amazing. Rock/Grass is probably better, since it takes neutral damage from Flying moves then.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    100 bst aint going to do much for something that's getting a primary boost to Defense and Special Attack
    No?

Firstly, Sableye'll be getting more than it bargained for by lowering its Speed; the amount that it loses will be reallocated to another stat, just like Mega Garchomp and Mega Ampharos. At the very least, we're looking at an effective 110 boost to BST thanks to his Speed lowering (and possibly more, depending on how much Speed he gets "robbed" of by Mega Evolving). In fact, having his Speed lowered is, for the most part, a blessing in disguise. I just brought up the boost that the loss will provide for his other stats; a second benefit brought by his Speed loss is that he is now more viable for potential Trick Room strategies. The more Speed he loses, the faster he'll be in Trick Room. With the proper setup, this could give an opponent a hard time.

Also, the promised boosts to Defense and Special Attack may be EXACTLY what he needed. As you may know, Sableye has access to Calm Mind. With it, he can do two things: firstly, he can buff his Special Defense to levels more fitting of a wall; secondly, he can boost his (already buffed) Special Attack - and so gain a threatening offensive presence. With Calm Mind and the right boosts to his stats from Mega Evolution, Sableye can actually go from a troll of a Prankster wall to an outright menace of a tank. In terms of tankiness, he brings a great deal to the table. Typing-wise, he only has one weakness, which is a boon to something that wants to be able to take hits. In terms of defenses, he's been promised a significant boost to Defense and has Will-O-Wisp to burn anything that'd be otherwise too tough to handle. Furthermore, as stated before, he also has Calm Mind to shore up his Special Defense. Calm Mind also helps on the offensive side of tanking; his Special Attack - which has already been promised a boost - will become far more threatening after a usage of Calm Mind or two. Sableye also has access to STAB Shadow Ball, which is currently one of the best offensive moves in the game. He also gets some other decent coverage moves like Dark Pulse and Dazzling Gleam. Lastly, he also gets Recover, which means that when the wear and tear of battle starts getting to him, he can start restoring his health.

All in all, this can make for a tough Pokémon to just outright KO; in other words, killing it may be a job for more devious means such as inflicting status conditions on it. (After all, it'd EVENTUALLY have to succumb to Toxic damage, right? Failing that, either confusing it or putting it to sleep long enough to kill it should do the trick.)

... Or not. Magic Bounce shows its worth here; it stops Mega Sableye from falling prey to status moves that would normally incapacitate it far more easily than brute force would. Better yet, it slings them back at the opponent for free. (This also means that if Mega Sableye is forced out at some point, Magic Bounce can create a nearly limitless number of free switch-in opportunities for him to abuse.)

I believe that the facts should now be clear; despite premature doubts, Mega Sableye, given that GameFreak doesn't screw up its stat distribution, has the potential to become an absolute monster.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    No?

Spoiler:- Shortening for Cookie-Sized Post:
    I really have to give kudos to this. Your first two paragraphs had me think of why MegaSableye could be invincible to status, and by your third I remembered its ability.
    This really help explain the potential sets it can have. All we have to do now is wait for the actual stat spread (November couldn't be closer, right?) and we can formulate possible sets.
    The way you describe it makes it sound like the perfect Aegislash counter. Good job with that research and hypothesis.

Anyone think of Mega Grumpig?
    Or is it just another piece of bacon?

Page 152 of 560 FirstFirst ... 52102142148149150151152153154155156162202252 ... LastLast