Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sports you do during free time.

Default Sports you do during free time.

Hello everyone,

What sports do you do during your free time and why do enjoy that sport? For me I enjoy long distance running and playing snooker. The former one is kind of testing endurance while the latter one requires some thinking skills.

Feel free to discuss here and give a reason if you can.

It may not be a sport but I love to play chess. My brothers and sisters play it and it gives a good workout for my brain. It also gives me something to push myself in and become better at.

Quote Originally Posted by Acquiescence View Post
    It may not be a sport but I love to play chess. My brothers and sisters play it and it gives a good workout for my brain. It also gives me something to push myself in and become better at.
    Strictly speaking chess is also kind of sport too and those people sometimes are also called sportsman although they may not be athletic. It is kind of mind games like snooker.

I play the Chinese chess (go/ weiqi) when I am free.

I used to play basketball in my free time. I became a decent shooter mid-range. Can't hit anything near 3-point range though.

I never played competitively though. Just with friends or shot around by myself.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

These days I just play golf in most of my free time like an old man, fabulous game. During high school/college I played a lot of football/soccer. I love other sports like tennis and snooker too though I'm absolutely useless at them.

I play disc golf mostly. I also like to play basketball and badminton occasionally.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

Well, even though I officially quit gymnastics about five years ago, I still practice flips in my backyard or on campus. So gymnastics I suppose. But I really need to start playing basketball, I'm 6'4 and my friends say that I'm a waste of good genes lmao.
    Pokémon Team 2000
    Pi Kappa Alpha
    .223 > 7.62

Quote Originally Posted by Stoateyez View Post
    Well, even though I officially quit gymnastics about five years ago, I still practice flips in my backyard or on campus. So gymnastics I suppose. But I really need to start playing basketball, I'm 6'4 and my friends say that I'm a waste of good genes lmao.
    You are tall enough to become a goalkeeper in my opinion. Anyway height is just only one factor required to become a good basketball player. Skills are far more important.

I dont exactly play baseball in my free time, but I play it competitively.

I play pick up basketball in my free time, and I play in competitive basketball tournaments during the summer, i'm a point guard. I also play flag football competitively sometimes.

My Friend Code for my 3ds! My friend Safari Type is Poison
    1693 1038 1902

I play B-Ball almost every morning.

I go for swimming every week
    I have claimed

I don't really do much sports, but I run and work out in my spare time. I also used to do mixed martial arts.

Quote Originally Posted by Hankka View Post
    I play disc golf mostly. I also like to play basketball and badminton occasionally.
    Nice! I played disc golf once with my friend last year during Memorial Day. It's a really fun and relaxing sport.

3DS: 2836 • 0189 • 795
    Pokémon Showdown: Witeldram
    Safari:
    Fighting - Sawk, Meditite, Riolu

Quote Originally Posted by Rakansen View Post
    Nice! I played disc golf once with my friend last year during Memorial Day. It's a really fun and relaxing sport.
    Yeah it is. I'm nowhere near as good as I'd like to be though but I feel like I'm slowly getting there.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

Muay Thai is my favorite sport! Very demanding, though. The place I did it at closed down I hate living in the middle of nowhere.

Mainly jogs and workouts. I don't really like playing on a team.

Life is like unto a long journey with a heavy burden.
    (Tokugawa Ieyasu)

MBTI personality type: ISFP

You have distinct preference of Introversion over Extraversion (67%)
    You have marginal or no preference of Sensing over Intuition (1%)
    You have distinct preference of Feeling over Thinking (62%)
    You have slight preference of Perceiving over Judging (22%)

Quote Originally Posted by Silvijo View Post
    Mainly jogs and workouts. I don't really like playing on a team.
    Same here for me too. I love playing individual sports such as running and snooker. For me I always have a feeling that I will make the team going bad. So I never play soccer or basketball.

I swim competitively and train 20+ hours a week, third in Ireland in my age group.
    I also play football when I can.
    And I used to do gymnastics and still go sometimes, I can still do backflips and twists.
    FC: 5172-1099-6053
    Friend Safari: Meditite, Throh, Breloom
    XY Shinies:

Mega Metagross will kill you 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by Skobby View Post
    I swim competitively and train 20+ hours a week, third in Ireland in my age group.
    I also play football when I can.
    And I used to do gymnastics and still go sometimes, I can still do backflips and twists.
    You are good and it is always nice to see that people doing sports competitively. My training regime during marathon training is somewhat 100 miles per week and the time spent is similar to you.

Football/Soccer, a good sport to spend time haha

I play Disk golf and I Rollerblade, I wish they were both more popular though.
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL

Track and Cross Country girl here! I run a lot (almost 30 miles per week), at least a lot to me, and I also have no coordination so I can't play most other sports But track and field is my favorite sport, I love long and triple jump and the 400 meter run. Still working on my goal to make it to the statewide meet! I must train to be the very best, like no one ever was.

I love to breed Pokémon! If you have a request, PM me. I'll breed you a Pokémon that you request!

Current National Dex Status: 511/718
    "The only woman I'm pimping is sweet lady propane, and I'm tricking her out all over this town!"
    † Praise Him!†
    Profile Pic by Aminella of DeviantArt, Other pics from PMD Wikia

I'm a fairly slow runner so I've never been much good at sprints. Even in long-distance, it's hard to find motivation to keep going in sports without a ball, in my opinion, so I don't really do those kinds of sports for fun.

I play a lot of soccer/football during the summer in my backyard or at the park with friends, and during winter I play house league. It's nothing serious at all, but I do like the sport and it's always fun to be able to show off sometimes. :P I also play badminton at a club once a week and go swimming twice a week in the summer if I can keep it up. I guess hiking is kind of a sport, too, but I don't get the time to do that very often, though it's a lot of fun. I also go skiing in the winter nearby. I do dancing as well, and I do enter in competitions but it's not 'competitive' competitive. Volleyball and Ultimate Frisbee are fun as well.

I pretty much do a bit of everything, but I'm not particularly good at anything.

Cycling and weightlifting.

Weightlifting and basketball mostly. A little cardio on the exercise bike from time to time after lifting weights.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast