Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sports you do during free time.

I ran cross country and track in high school and college. I still run 5-7 days a week. In my spare time I like to play basketball the most, but also enjoy soccer, football, ultimate frisbee, pickleball, and just about anything else. I have a teaching certificate in physical education/health so I hope to teach/play sports for a living.

Quote Originally Posted by robersj4 View Post
    I ran cross country and track in high school and college. I still run 5-7 days a week. In my spare time I like to play basketball the most, but also enjoy soccer, football, ultimate frisbee, pickleball, and just about anything else. I have a teaching certificate in physical education/health so I hope to teach/play sports for a living.
    So do you run competitively now? My training regime is similar to you before the exams for about 50 to 60 miles per week. During this month I become quite lazy in training due to exams for my final year mathematics in Cambridge.

I normally run marathons or ultras but I still do 5K/ 10K/ 10M shorter races.

Quote Originally Posted by zhixun View Post
    So do you run competitively now? My training regime is similar to you before the exams for about 50 to 60 miles per week. During this month I become quite lazy in training due to exams for my final year mathematics in Cambridge.

I normally run marathons or ultras but I still do 5K/ 10K/ 10M shorter races.
    I've mostly done road races since college, but I'm planning on doing some open track meets this summer. I'd like to get some new PRs in the 800-10k while I'm still young and capable of moving fast before moving up to 1/2 marathons and marathons.

Soccer and running. I try to do soccer as much as possible but now that I'm going to college I'm just going to stick to the occasional pick up game

Signature Credit: The Comet
    My Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by robersj4 View Post
    I've mostly done road races since college, but I'm planning on doing some open track meets this summer. I'd like to get some new PRs in the 800-10k while I'm still young and capable of moving fast before moving up to 1/2 marathons and marathons.
    My view of running is similar to you. Completed my first marathon at 12 but it was really slow since it took me over 4 hours. Then I did a 100 mile race last November and realise that I have some speed so I now focus more on shorter distance. I have a dream of running circumnavigation when I get older. The below is my final goals and I know these are tough.

5K 14:30; 10K 29:30; 10M 49:00; HM 65:00; Marathon 2:11:00.

These are my current personal records for each distance.
    5K 16:22; 10K 34:11; 10M 57:12; HM 75:48; Marathon 2:37:00.

It's good to see other basketball players in here! I love playing basketball everyday.

My Friend Code for my 3ds! My friend Safari Type is Poison
    1693 1038 1902

To be completely honest? I'm a fan of parkour, golf and skating.

To me, parkour is a great way to exert stress that i'm able to do. Although it is completely rough and hard at first. It just becomes apart of a persons nature to climb ^^

Anyone and everyone should be able to play golf, in my opinion, just because it is a game that you can play for the rest of your life.

and finally, skating is just a way of life for me.

I don't think i've actually done a sport in my free time since i transferred from my first college. At my first college i did a bit of intramural football, and in high school i was an all state football player, and briefly a soccer player. Since then i don't really do sports in my free time. Pretty much all i've done out of high school is weight-lifting. I weight lifted off an on for the past two years and have really started to get back into it over the past month (worked out 28 days out of May this year). Usually i'll do 30 mins of cardio then do high sets of pretty much every exercise imaginable to round out my fitness regimen.

718/718 Pokemon caught as of 4/13/14
    Pokemon X FC: 2638-0594-6140
    Serebii.net Claims:
    -The Drill Pokemon, Nidoking

basketball and badminton, these two are the most common sports in my country so i usually do these two.

Download FIFA World cup 2014 schedule & live score update apps.Football World Cup 2014 Schedule & Live Score update apps will give you real times updates during the world cup season. Its Free for android user! visit the site>>>

appsian .com

I love throwing a ball at the wall. It is very time-consuming
    GAME OVER
    please try again next time

3DS FC: 0387-9333-2196

I haves claimed PorygonZ! (Not a typo)

http://dragcave.net/view/NjBIS
    http://dragcave.net/view/flTM8]
    http://dragcave.net/view/HXFjx]

I snowboard and longboard.

swimming and basketball.

I play basketball downtown most every day. Not much else to do in a smaller town so when we can get big crews to come down we get some nice 3 v 3 tournament type games going. Also if going to the gym to lift is a sport than I also do that on the daily. Last summer a bunch of friends and I organized an Ultimate Frisbee "league" of some sorts and it was pretty intense, don't think we have enough people around anymore that are willing to do it again though unfortunately.

GodDamnZilla

I run a mile and play basketball to stay fit.

I played basketball when I was younger now I do Tai chi and Swimming .

I use to play baseball when I was younger.. Amazing, I could throw a ball 35 MPH when I was 14..
    Signature Under Construction

Spoiler:- Signature:

What's a sports? I haven't heard of that Pokémon.

In all seriousness, I box, bike, play chess and other strategy-based board games, play tennis, and I am on a middle school Robotics team.
    Dark Friend Safari with
    - -
    Friend Code: 0576 - 5970 - 2604

PM before you add me!

I've gotten into disc golf lately thanks to my brother. I also play football and basketball with my friends sometimes.
    Thanks to Sworn Metalhead of Daedric Design for the epic banner!

Ping Pong and Laser Tag. Get on my level ;D

Not that it is really a sport a such, but I tend to do a lot of yoga and aerobics in my free time. Sometimes if I'm free I'll go swimming on a Saturday. We used to have a pretty big swimming pool in my town but now it's more of a fun pool for kids. There's a decent one a few towns over, but I rarely have the time to travel there on a Saturday.

I used to play tennis competitively for a while, but I gave it up to finish my A-level in Psychology and then my two year Health and Social course at college. I could go back and play competitively but I haven't really had the time to get back into it in that way. I was always better at doubles than singles though :S

I like to go for a biking at times. It's nice to pedal around the neighbourhood and listen some music, especially if the weather is nice.
    FC: 5386 - 7574 - 2647

IGN: Taro (Pokemon X), Taika (Pokemon Y)

Friend Safari: Bug type
    Pokemons in there:

I play soccer.I'm good,not great,but eh.

"If you don't sharpen your blade,you lose your edge."
    I have claimed Inigo,Fire Emblem for the GBA,Open Your Heart from Sonic Aventure and Electabuzz!

Football (of the soccer variety), rugby and swimming. I used to play ice hockey when I was younger but it's a hard sport to keep up with in the UK.

Soccer, ice skating, and track. Sometimes swimming.

The forces have met.
    Now only they decide the fate that awaits us.

~I have claimed thee Suicune~
    Visit my site at http://jirachi9.weebly.com/
    Also, I'm looking for a shiny Jirachi, so please PM me to make a deal!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast