Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: General Anime and Manga Discussion: Because Why Not?

Hurr hurr, I just watched Nichijou Episode 0, and I thought it was cute. I don't see why people say it's dull. It's no Azumanga Daioh or Non Non Biyori, but I got into it much better than I did Lucky Star, for sure.

Actually, thinking about it, shouldn't I watch Haruhi first before I get into Lucky Star, or what?
    Winner of Best Non-Pokémon Fic of 2015 in the Shipping Oscars
    Forsaken: Chapter 20 - 11/17/14 / Encryption: Chapter 8 - 3/10/16 / Handle with Care: Chapter 10 - 3/17/14

I discovered an anime called Black Bullet yesterday and I've watched an episode of it. It's pretty good, I've got to say. I've been trying lots of animes, desperately looking for one to like, ever since I finished Utawarerumono. I don't usually watch sub, but there's no dub of BB yet, so... =P

On a completely unrelated note... Puella Magi Madoka Magica is pretty popular on Chicken Smoothie, but apparently it has gore in it. What brand of gore? "Particularly dark shounen" gore or "what I am reliably told Elfen Lied is like" gore?

Looking at the sky, thinking morning must be coming; it's too much for my captivated heart to take.
    As a bird flutters alongside me, I wonder where he was able to find his light.

I have claimed Uso by SID from Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood and Re-CODA by Lien(?) from Solatorobo: Red the Hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunset Star View Post
    On a completely unrelated note... Puella Magi Madoka Magica is pretty popular on Chicken Smoothie, but apparently it has gore in it. What brand of gore? "Particularly dark shounen" gore or "what I am reliably told Elfen Lied is like" gore?
    If it was Elfen Lied-like gore, it would be more freaking creepy than it already is. (Gokukoku no Brynhildr is that kind of gore, which makes sense since they're by the same person.) I honestly don't remember there being a lot of gore, but it's rather violent for a magical girl anime.
    Forsaken: Chapter 20 - 11/17/14 / Encryption: Chapter 8 - 3/10/16 / Handle with Care: Chapter 10 - 3/17/14

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    If it was Elfen Lied-like gore, it would be more freaking creepy than it already is. (Gokukoku no Brynhildr is that kind of gore, which makes sense since they're by the same person.) I honestly don't remember there being a lot of gore, but it's rather violent for a magical girl anime.
    Okay. And also, PM3 is apparently really confusing... doesn't sound up my alley. O_o

Looking at the sky, thinking morning must be coming; it's too much for my captivated heart to take.

I have claimed Uso by SID from Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood and Re-CODA by Lien(?) from Solatorobo: Red the Hunter.

Hurr hurr, I just watched Nichijou Episode 0, and I thought it was cute.
    Now go watch the rest of it to find out what true comedy gold is.

Actually, thinking about it, shouldn't I watch Haruhi first before I get into Lucky Star, or what?
    Set up two TVs/Monitors and watch them simultaneously would be the best way to go.
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

Has anyone else here watched Black Bullet? I got interested in it because apparently there was a guy with an arm and leg made of metal but I haven't seen anything like that yet. =c I just started episode 2. It's just like when I first started watching FMA... 21st of March 2014. How time flies...

Quote Originally Posted by Xionea View Post
    Give it one episode, then you'll know basically what you're in for.
    Just watched the first episode. Pretty funny for the most part. The lunch scene was pretty hilarious as was the part with the goat. Have to say, it's a pretty random anime series.

Just finished JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012). Overall, a great series. One of my favorites. Starting Stardust Crusaders tomorrow and I'll most likely be caught up for next week's episodes. Probably not for the one in two days.

Spoiler:- 2012 series ending:
    Xbox Gamertag: iDeadlyPanda|3DS FC: 0602-6674-5548 |NNID: ThePandaMan
    PSN ID: The3DSCube

Well, I finally started Code Geass. This is probably due to the amount of stuff that I have read online about people absolutely loving this show, but it just didn't seem as great as I imagined it. To be honest, I liked SAO or Death Note more.

Perhaps it's just too early to tell. But I will keep watching it, its not like I got anything other shows that I'm really into at the moment.
    #PokemonMoon #TeamRowlet

I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

(My FMA thread died, so...)
    Crossover fanfic time.

(My FMA thread died, so...)
    It hasn't died yet. It's only been like a week since someone last replied.

So I've started watching the dub of Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya last night... in the order that it aired in 2006. I'm totally normal.

Still will need to look up how to watch the second season unless that one's "normal".

Edit: LOL I didn't do it "right". I followed a post on a forum done back in 2006 on what the broadcast order was, I didn't realize both seasons technically count as one season. I found the correct playlist of the actual broadcast order, but oh well. I'll finish the first half of the show how I ordered it, and the second half will be done in chronological order.
    Last edited by Kutie Pie; 14th June 2014 at 10:27 PM.

So I read the Tonari no Seki-kun manga.

Once there are more chapters they need to do another anime adaptation. If anyone else has read the newest chapter (53) they'll know what I mean.

You know what sucks for watching anime?

Graduation and birthday same week

I'm so far behind and it sucks

Also a major character death I still haven't gotten over, but you know. Eh
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

Spoiler:- Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Spock View Post
    Well, I finally started Code Geass. This is probably due to the amount of stuff that I have read online about people absolutely loving this show, but it just didn't seem as great as I imagined it. To be honest, I liked SAO or Death Note more.

Perhaps it's just too early to tell. But I will keep watching it, its not like I got anything other shows that I'm really into at the moment.
    How far are you? Personally, it's my favourite anime. But I seem to remember it did take a few episodes to really pick up.

Anyway, I recently started watching Hunter x Hunter (2011) on recommendation from a friend. It's the first time I've properly decided to watch a long shounen anime (discounting Pokemon, which I just kind of watched episodes randomly as a child), but I'm really liking it so far, actually. Got about a hundred episodes to catch up on, though...

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post
    The only scenes I can think of that would be in any way lewd all involve Chiya or Rize, who are far from pedophile material.

Speaking of Rize, I always get a little chuckle out of the fact her name is Tedeza Rize, and she is voiced by Taneda Risa. The similarity in the names amuses me.
    you just noticed that now, i already can feel the vibes when the anime airs, though i'm curious on why the names had to be similar.

hmm kanojo flag is anybody watching this other than me? i feel that most of us weren't interested with this since it basically revolves on a girl having different kinds of flags with different kinds of aftermath for each particular flag.

What's Code Geass about? All I know about it is that it's 51 episodes long and it has eye-powers.

xerxes is offline ようこそ!ワタシの音楽工場へへへへへ

What's Code Geass about? All I know about it is that it's 51 episodes long and it has eye-powers.
    It's about a guy named Lelouch who is a prince posing as a student. His mother was killed and Lelouch and his sister were exiled by their father, the king of Britannia. He vows that he will one day destroy Britannia and meets a woman called C.C who gives him the "Geass", which basically gives him total control over every person he has eye contact with. Lelouch then becomes the leader of the rebellion while trying to find out who killed his mother and tries to create a world suitable for his sister.
    ビビビビィト コンティニューズ!!!(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

latest shiny

DexNav @ 252 encounters

16/01/2017
    [ alpha sapphire ]

current hunt: marine life of hoenn, [moon ball] minior

DXD SEASON 3 CONFIRMED!

Yeah boyee!

Gonna have to wait until early 2015 to see S2 though. Nonetheless I'm pumped.

It's basically a repeat of the American War of Independence, except Britain is Britannia and the United States is Japan.

Edit: LOL I didn't do it "right". I followed a post on a forum done back in 2006 on what the broadcast order was, I didn't realize both seasons technically count as one season. I found the correct playlist of the actual broadcast order, but oh well. I'll finish the first half of the show how I ordered it, and the second half will be done in chronological order.
    I don't even know what order I watched it in, just whatever the guy on youtube numbered them as I guess XD

Quote Originally Posted by Roseheart95 View Post
    How far are you? Personally, it's my favourite anime. But I seem to remember it did take a few episodes to really pick up.
    Only on episode 2 so yeah, I may have to stick it out till it picks up.
    #PokemonMoon #TeamRowlet

I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

I watched Haruhi in airing order, but kind of kept a vague note of where each episode was placed as I watched it. It didn't really get that confusing or anything, as I thought it might, and I think the last episode watching in airing order would be a better end than the chronologically last episode. But I'm definitely one of those kinds of people who loves it when you get moments of sudden realisation - when the pieces fall into place, as it were. That's probably also why I like Code Geass so much

By the way, not sure if this is the thread for this, but have any of you done any cosplaying before? Just went to my first expo about a month ago, cosplaying as Code Geass' C.C. Met up with a Code Geass group and we did a photoshoot There were three of us C.C.s, but we were all different versions (I was the straight-jacket one). It was really fun

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

By the way, not sure if this is the thread for this, but have any of you done any cosplaying before? Just went to my first expo about a month ago, cosplaying as Code Geass' C.C. Met up with a Code Geass group and we did a photoshoot There were three of us C.C.s, but we were all different versions (I was the straight-jacket one). It was really fun
    I'm not a seamstress, nor do I have any material to do such work, but at least once I'd like to cosplay just for the heck of it. I just don't know who I would be because there are a lot of great characters, but at the same time, I don't really want to wear a wig nor dye my hair, and neither do I want to wear contacts. I don't know of that many blondes who wear glasses in anime. If I had to pick and I had the resources, at this point, I'd like to go as Nui Harime some day. I can see myself pulling her off if I grew my hair out more and hanging out in the sun long enough to lighten up my hair, and I could just paste a patch on the left lens of my glasses, lol.

I honestly can't wear anything beyond shorts and a t-shirt in anything above 45 degrees. For me to even think about cosplaying, I'd have to do a pretty simple outfit or for it to be below freezing outside for me to consider something like that. Otherwise I won't do it
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

@xerxes & Green Blockhead: Okay.

@Eternal Darkness: What anime is that in your signature?

Anyway, are there any plot points in anime and manga that just annoy you to no end? For me, it's...
        Spoiler:- Fullmetal Alchemist 2003:
    Last edited by Sunset Star; 18th June 2014 at 5:09 PM.

@Eternal Darkness: What anime is that in your signature?
    Gintama, one of the best out there

It has action and comedy and everything in between
    Douglas Adams

Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast