Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Saved By The Beldum! (403)

sCiZoR Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso
    ...Funny how everyone is saying the Electabuzz dude is ugly, when I suspect he's supposed to be black. I mean, his outfit, hat, hair and... totally inappropiate HUGE lips all point to him being so. o.o;

Also, his voice was totally out of sync with his lip movements. Strange.
    Kinda took offense to that one, being African-American myself. Characters in Pokemon don't have specific "races", they just have facial features that set them apart.

---

Metang kicked butt as soon as it evolved, knocking Electabuzz out with the same Take Down that it was struggling to use as Beldum. Matter fact, the way it performed Take Down was kinda cool - locking in its arms like a mecha or something. Personally, I thought we were gonna be introduced to Beldum and Metang as wild Pokemon, not a Trainer's.

And HELL YEAH, Tet's opponent in the Prelim's was fine! Persian suited her to a tee, too. I wish we could see more of her past this episode, but it's truly doubtful.
    Last edited by sCiZoR; 2nd May 2005 at 6:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sCiZoR
    Kinda took offense to that one, being African-American myself. Characters in Pokemon don't have specific "races", they just have facial features that set them apart.

---

Metang kicked butt as soon as it evolved, knocking Electabuzz out with the same Take Down that it was struggling to use as Beldum. Matter fact, the way it performed Take Down was kinda cool - locking in its arms like a mecha or something. Personally, I thought we were gonna be introduced to Beldum and Metang as wild Pokemon, not a Trainer's.

And HELL YEAH, Tet's opponent in the Prelim's was fine! Persian suited her to a tee, too. I wish we could see more of her past this episode, but it's truly doubtful.
    No, no... you misunderstand. I meant the hair, outfit and lips point to him being black because that tends to be what animators and such in anime use to 'push the point' so to speak. They don't seem to be able to get past those crappy stereotypes of the big lips and such. :P I seriously didn't mean for you to take offense at my post.

I recall, there's a character in Shaman King that shares the same facial features as this guy. Why not just give them a darker colour of skin? o.o

Edit: Oh, you also like Yu-chan, do you? :3 For yours, and everyone else who think she was the real highlight of this episode, I made an MSN Icon:

Yuriko

XD
    Last edited by Alfonso; 2nd May 2005 at 1:06 PM.

Well, even know Chocolove (The Shaman King Guy) has big lips, its not like he is a big loser or anything.

And Jump, as I think the Electabuzz guy was named wasn't black, he looked more Jamacian to me. He was pretty funny though!

http://img45.echo.cx/my.php?image=massthing6vj.png

What's that he has? Some kind of badge?
    Just because I breed for natures and EV train does not mean I treat my pokemon like mindless drones or just data. Pokemon are more than just data to me. They're my prized possesions. I love my Pokemon.

Playing is Believing -Nintendo

Sprite Resources
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid Meat
    Most of you are followers by going by what the most popular users think and copying their idea not expressing you own ideas.
    The quote that describes the many people that use cliche opinions.

I will not be posting much often. Only like once per month to keep my account alive.

Yep, we've finally seeing those "other" badges outside of the game GYMS, something we haven't seen since the 1st season.

It's probably a Battle Frontier badge.
    Want to make games?

Join Zelda Classic! Say that I directed you there
    http://www.zeldaclassic.com/

No, it's clearly just a normal gym badge, it's just from a gym that wasn't featured in the animé.

Quote Originally Posted by Heracross
    No, it's clearly just a normal gym badge, it's just from a gym that wasn't featured in the animé.
    ...You know think...

Wallace's Gym Badge? You know, since Adan replaced him as Sootopolis Gym Leader in Emerald, they could have a Wallace Gym lined up, or something. :P

Lame, I know. You never know, though. Ash could end up asking Masamune where he got the badge from, and...

...and...

I've got nothing. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Heracross
    Or in the games for that matter...
    "Psychos... they always love comics." - Det. Elliot Stabler.

Any confirmation for the names of Big Lips and Karate Kid? I've got Jump for BL and that's it. Or what about the attacks Electabuzz and Hitmonlee used.

Why do there have to be so many kicking attacks....
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Quote Originally Posted by V Faction
    Any confirmation for the names of Big Lips and Karate Kid? I've got Jump for BL and that's it. Or what about the attacks Electabuzz and Hitmonlee used.

Why do there have to be so many kicking attacks....
    ...BL/Jump had Quick Attack, Thunder Punch and... Thunderbolt, I believe. Don't quote me on the last one.

Say, dude. You *know* that there's a website that you can... :3 You know.

I think the Blackbelt was Yukiori or something.

And I have heard the guys name is Jump, but I don't ever remember hearing his name in the episode. How would Jump be pronounced?

Hitmonlee I think used Rolling Kick, Mega kick, and High Jump Kick.

Quote Originally Posted by Kojiro
    I think the Blackbelt was Yukiori or something.

And I have heard the guys name is Jump, but I don't ever remember hearing his name in the episode. How would Jump be pronounced?

Hitmonlee I think used Rolling Kick, Mega kick, and High Jump Kick.
    ...I think you're thinking of the girl with the Persian. Her name was Yukuri.

I drew some p0rn of her yesterday. It phailed. ;_;

Oh yeah, I think the Karate Dude was like Shiro or something, I know it began with a S.

So, why does Boots Meowth I think TR's Meowth calls him "Haitou" or something, wear the hat. I get the Boots, but whats with the hat?

Quote Originally Posted by Kojiro
    Oh yeah, I think the Karate Dude was like Shiro or something, I know it began with a S.

So, why does Boots Meowth I think TR's Meowth calls him "Haitou" or something, wear the hat. I get the Boots, but whats with the hat?
    No, you're getting mixed up with the Shiro from Johto who had the Hitmonlee. XD Myself and Phantom_Bugsy refered to him a while back when we found out a guy with a Hitmonlee was going to be in this episode.

OH, yeah......maybe that guy didn't have a name.

And was anybody else upset that they changed Electabuzzes cute 'Buwawawawa!" it used to do back in Kanto and Johto?

The Hitmonlee trainer's name was Genki.
    It's a bit sad that Yuriko is out of the tournament, her design was quite good and her Persian was cute
    Another good moment in this episode was when TR's Meowth overheard Tetsuya telling something about the past of his own Meowth, and when TR Meowth realized that they both had something in common xD

Run for your lives.

tumblr - livejournal

By the way,what's with that Meowth in boots?I checked the episode pictures and it tried to kill persian (not faint),but it was recalled back to its pokeball.
    I'm glad that Masumune's Beldum evolved to Metang.It doesn't have to keep using take down. And the hitmonlee was battling was weak,it got defeated easily.
    current rank:Rising trainer
    Final rank:Pokemon champion
    Oh boy,I have a long way to go.
    Future DP team:

Joe_Pokemon20000 Guest

Well, Ash carried the League torch, just like the athletes carrying the Olympic torch. Is there a connection between the Pokemon League and the Olympics?

Possibly, you never know with Pokemon
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

GOOD GOD. Jumps dub voice was painful on my ears!

I didnt like how Morrison won with Gligar it should've fainted by the 3rd attack it got hit.Gullitone(sp?) is suppose to be One-hit KO right? xD

I think your posting on the wrong ep Yuki its from Brags to Riches with the double battles. This one had the single battles. And Jumps terrible voice. AGH my ears are still in pain from 10 hours ago! Other than that the fights were cool, as well as Meowths backstory.

painful? painful! It was downright murder! and the trainer who faced Ash, it was like he was talking so slow
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

Yeah agreed the dub voices were awful. My question is why Ash decided not to use electric attacks. To copy Morrison who won miraculously by having Beldum evolve?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast