Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Saved By The Beldum! (403)

Oh yeah i always confuse them.But seeing a Beldum evolve then confusion and take down knocking out a electabuzz. i loved MIB(Meowth,In,Boots) battle.

Yeah MIB's battle reminded me of the fight in the episode where Meowth learned to speak English.

While Persian battled MIB it sounded like (at least to me) that MIB was yelling in english.

And Jump's terrible voice. AGH my ears are still in pain from 10 hours ago!
    I've figured it out--he's voiced by the same guy who does One Piece's Usopp! That makes complete sense IMO: Jump=Shonen Jump=One Piece=Usopp! Dogasu might have to write that down, if 4Kids did figure it out! I'm so good it scares me...

Revolution FC: 2620-9865-4149

Geki Guest

I loved this episode. Morrison and Ash battled in some really tough battles, and I like Meowth's story that Tyson gave. Jump was cool too.

10/10

All right, let me make sure I've got these dub names correct:
    Jump = Not given
    Yuriko = Vivika
    Garon = Gaven
    Genki = Gilbert
    Tomono = Thomas

I predicted Thomas correctly, but Vivika? That's a weird one.

I guess we'll just continue to refer to Jump as Jump, then. Indeed, his voice was one of, if not the worst human voice in the dub's history. It's a very good thing he didn't have any more than 4 minutes dedicated to him.

I still miss Hitmonlee's Indigo voice...
    Last edited by S.Suikun; 12th March 2006 at 8:25 AM.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

I still miss Hitmonlee's Indigo voice...
    At least it wasn't that god-damn awful Hoenn voice from before(he sounded like Hitmontop). I actually thought this voice was rather good.

Revolution FC: 2620-9865-4149

Quote Originally Posted by Geki
    Jump was cool too.
    Your not serious
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Jump IS cool but his dub voice is like nails on a squeaky chalkboard. I like Hitmonlee's voice. Also glad Electabuzz got its old voice back.

I'm not going to go into the rice-ball factor!

But not a bad episode. I did enjoy the Ash/Masamune together-ness! The two block-heads belong together. And of course I enjoy the whole Meowth-in-boots! But more importantly, I got to see...

ONE SECOND OF TRACEY!

So for the most part, it was an okay episode.

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

Quote Originally Posted by Shining Suikun
    All right, let me make sure I've got these dub names correct:
    Jump = Not given
    Yuriko = Vivika
    Garon = Gaven
    Genki = Gilbert
    Tomono = Thomas

I predicted Thomas correctly, but Vivika? That's a weird one.
    ????

Where are you pulling some of these names from? Tomono's name is Dominic. Yuriko is Vivica. Garon is Gavin. And as far as I could tell, Genki was not given a name.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

OK, here's my notes from the episdode...

~He has nice Pokemon.
    ~Heh, trademark is right.
    ~Love that Meowth's voice. Morrison, on the other hand...
    ~That's one ugly trainer...(the one that was bugging Team Rocket)
    ~Ugh...sweeter than a candy cane?
    ~Whaddya know, another Meowth that hates Persians.
    ~Water Pulse, huh? Good idea!
    ~The drama!
    ~Should have taken advantage of its hurt leg.

Hitmonlee is one weird Pokemon...0_o Reminds me of something else, but I can't quite remember what. Cool that we got to see Beldum evolve.

This lovely banner was made by Faerie.
    My Devaintart gallery
    Friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have
    trouble remembering how to fly
    Oh, and I claimed Sora from the Kingdom Hearts games in the bishie thread. ^^

Was a awsome episode XD Cant wait for more
    IM BACK Everyone <3
    SPPF's NO 1 Ash ketchum Lover Forever <3 |Ash is My Bishie <3 * Holds Tight And Huggles
    [IMG]http://i44.*******.com/j9xzk4.jpg[/IMG]
    Soul Mate - Shikamaru | Banner - Katsu | Erica ~Still a Mudkip + Sceptile Lover
    The Mudkip | Torchic | Treecko Fan club | Ash Doll | Ash Club <3 | Emiline Ketchum - roleplay
    Pair - Flare | Penpals : Katsu Katsuko and Endless Summer
    Em*Katsu*Rubi*Hika*Kelly*Zino*Tama = The SatoQuintruplets
    Satochu Lover Twins - Pikagirl
    Ask me for my pearl code! | Diamond Friend Code - 3823 5121 4699
    No matter where you are Ash your always gonna be mine

I woludn't have expected someone to really make a reference to the games(Hitmonlee's Hi-Jump Kick missing) And was Tyson's Meowth in boots trying to kill that Persian?

This episode was pretty good. Morrison getting frozen in the beginning was funny. The Tentacruel in the TC didn't sound right. Metang was awesome. The guy with the Electabuzz was annoying and sounded worse than Morrison. I felt so bad for Meowth in Boots when Tyson first saw him. A couple of questions though.
    1. Did anyone catch the info on how long ago Tyson caught Meowth in Boots? If it was awhile back, shouldn't its wounds have healed by now so it doesn't have to wear the boots anymore?
    2. During Ash's battle with Hitmonlee, Max commented on how Ash wasn't using any electric attacks on Hitmonlee. Could Max have been hinting about Hitmonlee's LIMBER ability?

This was an awesome episode. Ash and Morrison's battles were great. I was always a big fan of the league epiosdes. Can't wait for the next 2 episodes. 10/10

Quote Originally Posted by WaterDragon trainer
    1. Did anyone catch the info on how long ago Tyson caught Meowth in Boots? If it was awhile back, shouldn't its wounds have healed by now so it doesn't have to wear the boots anymore?
    Apparently, but think about it. The boots aren't the only thing it wears. Its hat and scarf/kerchief thingy have nothing to do with its injuries, apparently, so maybe it kept wearing the boots because it liked them, and completed the outfit with the hat and scarf.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Quote Originally Posted by V Faction
    ????

Where are you pulling some of these names from? Tomono's name is Dominic. Yuriko is Vivica. Garon is Gavin. And as far as I could tell, Genki was not given a name.
    Yes, that's what I said Yuriko's and Garon's names were. I just spelled them slightly differently, as in a one-letter difference. Tomono I may have misheard. The vacuum cleaner was on during the episode. And I am 99% positive Genki's name was announced, just like I am 99% sure Jump was NOT given a name.

I'm sure somebody mentioned this already, but here I go (paraphrased):

Max: Wow, this stadium is BIG!
    Ash: Speaking of big, I wonder if Morrison's registered yet?

I was definitely lmao at that. I don't remember the last time I laughed that hard at a joke in Pokemon. The only problem I had was that it was kinda out of character of Ash to make a random insult like that, but it was so funny I don't care.

Anyway, things got rolling nicely. Preliminaries being all in one episode's kinda rushed, but since it's ONLY the preliminaries I won't complain (they were all in one episode in Johto, and Kanto didn't even have them IIRC).

Ever since I saw a spoiler pic of that one guy who battled Morrison (the guy with the Electabuzz), I knew he'd be an interesting character. I'm only disappointed that he had to have such a short airtime in the show. I'd love it if he were more important... his voice was funny as hell, and the way he acted, and everything. XD "Okay okay okay, what's this?!"

The guy's Electabuzz had a dub voice, the first time ever I believe. I wonder why, though?

Was this the episode with Meowth-in-Boots' fight? Whatever, I'll talk about it here. It's past was eerily similar to TR Meowth's past. I mean, watching that Persian slashing it brought up memories of the Persian that beat up TR Meowth way back. Oh, and now that I think about it, I think Meowth-in-Boots' VA may actually be the same as TR Meowth, unlike what I said in a previous episode review thread. I'm still not sure though.

Hilarious episode. 8/10.

I happened to like Jump's dub voice... combination of a Stoner and Homestar Runner (a winner in my book)

anyway, those were very solid battles... even if they were kinda rushed...
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

I didn't really think the battles in this episode were rushed, they were all handled nicely.

Masamunes/Jumps was the best though.

I LOVED him, his dub voice had me laughing.

"Okay okay okay, whaz this?"

One thing I didn't understand about the episode....."When two BELDUM fuse together, METANG is formed. The brains of the BELDUM are joined by a magnetic nervous system. By linking its brains magnetically, this POKEMON generates strong psychokinetic power." Erm that isn't what happened....can anyone explain?
    -Formerly known as Banette-

Thanks to xxpoke_loverxx for the banner.

You don't need to fuse two Beldum in the game to evolve it, do you? That's simply a possible evolution method, like Koffing into Weezing. I wouldn't take those Pokedex descriptions seriously, anyways.

"This is sweeter than a candy cane"
    That one had me thinking 'wtf' for at least 2 minutes.

Speaking of Jump and his jumpy dialogue, did he say "Okay Okay Okay!" in the original? I really can't remember, but it sounded like a trait that was directly translated.

Also, Metang's voice still sucks.

I didn't have much time so I skipped through the episode (didn't skip to Tetsuya's flashback though). I skipped to Jump's cameo and to Misty's cameo.
    Forget Tetsuya, Jump is much hotter and cooler at the same time. OMG he had a personality! And the way he spoke "okay, okay, okay-" sooo hot.
    Jump has entered my list of Houen hotties. I dont know why so many people hate him. He's so psychotic! *_*
    Jump wasn't cool. He was beyond cool.
    oh yeah yea Misty.... whatever

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast