Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Saved By The Beldum! (403)

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    "This is sweeter than a candy cane"
    That one had me thinking 'wtf' for at least 2 minutes.

Speaking of Jump and his jumpy dialogue, did he say "Okay Okay Okay!" in the original? I really can't remember, but it sounded like a trait that was directly translated.

Also, Metang's voice still sucks.
    It probably was. Was the "Okay Okay Okay!" thing said by Jump while Beldum speeded towards Electabuzz using Take Down? Not sure if it a *direct* translation, but I do recall him saying the same thing three times over.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Clair
    I didn't have much time so I skipped through the episode (didn't skip to Tetsuya's flashback though). I skipped to Jump's cameo and to Misty's cameo.
    Forget Tetsuya, Jump is much hotter and cooler at the same time. OMG he had a personality! And the way he spoke "okay, okay, okay-" sooo hot.
    Jump has entered my list of Houen hotties. I dont know why so many people hate him. He's so psychotic! *_*
    Jump wasn't cool. He was beyond cool.
    oh yeah yea Misty.... whatever
    People don't like Jump because he is psychotic, annoying, and down right ugly
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso
    It probably was. Was the "Okay Okay Okay!" thing said by Jump while Beldum speeded towards Electabuzz using Take Down? Not sure if it a *direct* translation, but I do recall him saying the same thing three times over.
    Well, in the dub he says it just after Electabuzz uses Protect and blocks Beldum's attack for the 3rd time (which of course, follows the Beldum charging in at full power). He also says it again when Beldum recovers from being Thunderbolted into the ground and when it starts to evolve.
    And I guess since you noted that he does say it three times over in the original, that the placement was the same in the dub :P

Uh, right...About this episode, there is no way Shadow Ball works on Meowth. Well, then again in the first movie Pikachu's Thunder works on a Golem at the beginning.

Thanks to Pikablu the Pokemaster for this awesome userbar.

Are you a Kirby fan? click the banner to join the Kirby Klub!

Call me Kawaii Poyo (I actually prefer simply Poyo). I need to get this username changed...NAO!

The Kirby Klub is now dead... I was inactive and managing it was just too time consuming. Still keeping this in my sig for old times sake though.

Apparently ghost attacks work on normal types in the anime. :/

Mentioned the ghost thing already Cyber.

Geez Jump isn't cool. He is an idiot and his dub voice is down right the worse voice in the anime. EVER. Except maybe Bashou's dub Hon in the Raikou special. *Cringe*

Well I got to see only half of this episode but it was pretty cool. Morrrison and Tyson sounded mature. I thought they'd sound like kids. The two battles were pretty good. They each had a nice pace.

I really liked Jumps battle. That guy is just too funny. With his voice and actions it had me cracking up.

This was also the first time other than the movies, that I saw another Meowth. They sure sound wierd, but funny too. Well overall a pretty good episode.

Quote Originally Posted by seizureman
    Geez Jump isn't cool. He is an idiot and his dub voice is down right the worse voice in the anime. EVER. Except maybe Bashou's dub Hon in the Raikou special. *Cringe*
    I knew someone would say that, I guess Jump's voice is just one of those you either love or hate. I assume most of the people who hate it just don't like the... liberalness (for lack of a real word) the voice director or whoever took with that character... but that's what I liked, this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter Hunter Sohrab
    This was also the first time other than the movies, that I saw another Meowth. They sure sound wierd, but funny too.
    Most Meowth sound just like Team Rocket's, except without the English-speaking. Meowth-in-Boots just happens to be special. O_o

I always seem to get to the Thread days after it airs, by which time I can't remember anything about it =/

However, I really liked Jump. His design was cool, and his voice was hilarious xD One of the coolest characters in Hoenn definitely.

~*CB*~
    The 8th Champion
    Most Recent Works:

Hoenn's Legacy - An epic of the destruction of Hoenn, the rebuilding of it, and the second destruction. War story, rated TV-14 for Violence.

Skitoma - A story of love between two Wurmple unfamiliar with the concept. Rated PG for slight adult themes.

Ficubes made by me.

Someone gave me a keychain once that said "You're depriving some poor village of it's idiot." I thought it was a joke but no one else laughed

Why do people love Jump! I hate him so much!
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster
    Why do people hate Jump! I love him so much!
    The question could be redirected at you, you know =/ Jump hasn't really done anything negative or positive besides existing in the first place. His voice is just fine, IMO. Would you rather have Veronica Taylor or some other overused VA voicing Jump? I'm glad for the originality, frankly =/

~*CB*~
    The 8th Champion
    Most Recent Works:

Hoenn's Legacy - An epic of the destruction of Hoenn, the rebuilding of it, and the second destruction. War story, rated TV-14 for Violence.

Skitoma - A story of love between two Wurmple unfamiliar with the concept. Rated PG for slight adult themes.

Ficubes made by me.

Someone gave me a keychain once that said "You're depriving some poor village of it's idiot." I thought it was a joke but no one else laughed

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed
    Apparently ghost attacks work on normal types in the anime. :/
    Which really makes perfect sense. I don't know why they decided to make Normal types immune in the games. I mean a ball of explosive energy is going to hurt you unless your body naturally blocks or absorbs it somehow.

That Persian was certainly well trained, it just unfortunately had to go up against what may be the strongest Meowth on the planet. Really, Tyson's Meowth is the equivalent of Ash's Pikachu, with power far exceeding what is normal for its evolutionary level.

Still I loved its use of attacks, and Meowth's Thunderbolt following it underground was an amazing scene. Basically this was a battle where pure power won over superior technique (really if their power level had been closer she would have won, her persian was deflecting every strategy Tyson used thanks to its wide repertoir of attacks).

We also get a line from Brock that I think should be high-lighted simply because it is so incredibly important for any watcher of the anime to understand and would prevent a great deal of the innumerable angry posts on the topic over the years:

*May/someone remarks on how Persian should have an advantage over Meowth because it is at a higher evolutionary stage*
    Brock: "Not necessarily. Evolution is a lot more complicated than that."
    Last edited by Pokemon Fan; 18th March 2006 at 6:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ~*Commander Blizzard*~
    The question could be redirected at you, you know =/ Jump hasn't really done anything negative or positive besides existing in the first place. His voice is just fine, IMO. Would you rather have Veronica Taylor or some other overused VA voicing Jump? I'm glad for the originality, frankly =/

~*CB*~
    The 8th Champion
    I could careless who voices a retarded character that will never appear again, He is annoying beyond belief and I'm glad he was beat.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Fan
    Brock: "Not necessarily. Evolution is a lot more complicated than that."
    Bollocks. If Tyson's Meowth evolved, it's attacks would be stronger. Sure it was good, but better>good every time. Just because something can defeat its evolved form doesn't mean it won't benefit from evolution if it does evolve. God, I hate when this 1st Stage>2nd Stage crap comes up. And I'm sick of seeing Persian appear so often only to get beaten by a Meowth all the time. I'm still waiting for Giovanni's Persian to tear Meowth apart in a battle.
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

Well, I finally watched the episodes from over a week ago. Now I just have to watch last Saturday's.

Anyway, I've really come to like Morrison. Unlike Harley, who got off on the wrong foot with me and has yet to redeem himself, Morrison has proven to be a really likeable rival. It definitely has to do with his personality, which can be so outlandish it's downright funny. At least I've stopped comparing him to Misty now. LOL I'm glad Drew has appeared since the end of Hoenn, but I'd really like to see Morrison and Harrison (from Johto) again, they've been fun to watch.

Tyson has been great too, though I've enjoyed his Meowth a bit better. I liked watching meowth's backstory in this episode, it was a bit like watching "Go West Young Meowth" again. My only complaint is that they should've had more sentimental music when Meowth (TR) was crying, instead of what I've dubbed the "French clown" music (not that I don't love that music when it's appropriate).

Overall, 8/10 mostly because of Tyson's meowth and Morrison.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/04 NEW!! 12/10
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMage
    Bollocks. If Tyson's Meowth evolved, it's attacks would be stronger. Sure it was good, but better>good every time. Just because something can defeat its evolved form doesn't mean it won't benefit from evolution if it does evolve. God, I hate when this 1st Stage>2nd Stage crap comes up. And I'm sick of seeing Persian appear so often only to get beaten by a Meowth all the time. I'm still waiting for Giovanni's Persian to tear Meowth apart in a battle.
    We're basically saying the same thing, just focusing on different sides. Brock's point was that simply being an evolved form doesn't mean that the unevolved form will lose to it, it depends on the relative training and the individual pokemon. That's why he said evolution is more complicated than "higher form trumps lower form every time." Tyson's Meowth long ago passed the experience level needed to evolve and thus has far exceeded a normal Meowth's strength, enabling it to defeat even a skilled Persian. Of course this Meowth would be even stronger evolved but that's not the point. After all, any pokemon gets stronger when it evolves (except a Lightball-equipped Pikachu in the games, which loses substantial power as a Raichu but gains in all the other stats).

I'm watching the dub of this ep on the internet, and what is up with Tyson and his Meowth's voices? I mean, especially his Meowths!

and the whole Meowth and Persian story was touching! now we have two meowths that hate persians!

and Metang's dub voice sounds like Lucario's jap voice
    Your banner was too big, so it was removed. This is your 5th strike, so your entire signature was removed, you were banned for 3 weeks, and will lose signature privileges shortly. Do not edit your signature anymore. Please remember to read the signature rules and get your signature checked if you need help.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Shuckle
    Metang's dub voice
    Metang's voice wasn't dubbed over.

...yeah, this isn't one of my best posts, eh folks?

I still don't understand why Shadow Ball hit Persian and Meowth in certain parts of the episode, Ghost moves should have no effect whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by water types rule
    I still don't understand why Shadow Ball hit Persian and Meowth in certain parts of the episode, Ghost moves should have no effect whatsoever.
    Meowth seems to be the only normal type pokemon that gets hit with Shadow Ball. It shouldn't, but the writers dug theirselves into that pit.

I think Pokémon Fan put it best when he said:
    Which really makes perfect sense. I don't know why they decided to make Normal types immune in the games. I mean a ball of explosive energy is going to hurt you unless your body naturally blocks or absorbs it somehow.
    And I have to agree.

They just figured ghosts can't tough 'normal' people or Pokemon, their hand or whatever goes right through them, and vice versa. But just like other type advantages and disadvantages, there are exceptions that make the rule senseless.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    Metang's voice wasn't dubbed over.

...yeah, this isn't one of my best posts, eh folks?
    well, I never saw the origonal so I didn't know.... And I didn't even know they had the same name!

anyway... Tyson's voice seems too deep... way to deep
    Your banner was too big, so it was removed. This is your 5th strike, so your entire signature was removed, you were banned for 3 weeks, and will lose signature privileges shortly. Do not edit your signature anymore. Please remember to read the signature rules and get your signature checked if you need help.

Masamune sounded like someone off South Park. >_>; Oh my God, it was horrible. I was almost expecting him to start going swear-crazy.

On a different note, Meowth in Boots rocks. And I'd never seen Water Pulse in the anime before, but I really liked it here. 0o Looked kinda like a shockwave.

Masamune sounded like someone off South Park. >_>; Oh my God, it was horrible. I was almost expecting him to start going swear-crazy.
    You mean Cartman? You're kinda right there...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast