Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Diancie and the Cocoon of Destruction (M17)

It's not a Pokemon film without a main character's death. I'm excited to see that scene cause I'm sure it's sad.

I expected Xerenas vs Yvetal to be dodged like it was but hopefully the Steels ambush on Yvetal is enough to make up for it.

I'm laughing at the use of diamonds though. Bonnie almost made it away with a Diancite, Team Rocket could have made Giovanni a whole lot richer and the villains somehow benefited the most and got married. What.

breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

Is it just me, or judging by the clips and the pictures, was Greninja pretty badly animated?

Maybe I'm missing some info, but was there really so much hype for a Xerneas VS Yveltal fight? I mean, would that really make sense?

It's fair enough that the likes of Dialga and Palkia, or Zekrom and Reshiram end up clashing (the former because legend already heralded that disaster would ensue if they so much as met or something, the latter because they each lend their hand to brothers on opposing sides), but Xerneas and Yveltal are different because they're both crucial elements of the environment as a duo. Dialga can (and must) stay in its dimension and govern its own element alone; same with Palkia. But for Xerneas and Yveltal to properly fulfill their respective tasks, it's necessary that they co-exist and offer their powers in the same context, and ensure that life and death remain balanced and proportional.

Neither's existence or powers threatens the other's, so there's no need for them to fight for the upper hand. Yveltal's storm of destruction only goes as far as it triggers and fosters the regeneration and rebirth of nature; going too far and rendering the environment so damaged that it's beyond recovery is not what Yveltal is there for. That's why it was enough for Xerneas to indicate that it was enough, without having to fight Yveltal to make its point.

I mean, Xerneas was shown becoming aware of Yveltal's presence waaay before it actually came to intervene. It might've just been an illusion and the rampage in between was actually much shorter in-universe than the actual time that had elapsed in real-life indicated, but it made me think Xerneas actually let Yveltal "do its thing" for a while before stepping in. None of the people or Pokémon we saw getting turned to stone were part of the order of Alearth Forest, so it made sense that their "deaths" were reversed because they weren't strictly necessary for the cycle of life and death to remain intact.

I don't know, that's just my take on the events. The movie only gave us very few clues on the relation between Xerneas and Yveltal, but based on them I thought it would've actually been weird for them to fight.

Run for your lives.

tumblr - livejournal

Quote Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
    Maybe I'm missing some info, but was there really so much hype for a Xerneas VS Yveltal fight? I mean, would that really make sense?

It's fair enough that the likes of Dialga and Palkia, or Zekrom and Reshiram end up clashing (the former because legend already heralded that disaster would ensue if they so much as met or something, the latter because they each lend their hand to brothers on opposing sides), but Xerneas and Yveltal are different because they're both crucial elements of the environment as a duo. Dialga can (and must) stay in its dimension and govern its own element alone; same with Palkia. But for Xerneas and Yveltal to properly fulfill their respective tasks, it's necessary that they co-exist and offer their powers in the same context, and ensure that life and death remain balanced and proportional.

Neither's existence or powers threatens the other's, so there's no need for them to fight for the upper hand. Yveltal's storm of destruction only goes as far as it triggers and fosters the regeneration and rebirth of nature; going too far and rendering the environment so damaged that it's beyond recovery is not what Yveltal is there for. That's why it was enough for Xerneas to indicate that it was enough, without having to fight Yveltal to make its point.

I mean, Xerneas was shown becoming aware of Yveltal's presence waaay before it actually came to intervene. It might've just been an illusion and the rampage in between was actually much shorter in-universe than the actual time that had elapsed in real-life indicated, but it made me think Xerneas actually let Yveltal "do its thing" for a while before stepping in. None of the people or Pokémon we saw getting turned to stone were part of the order of Alearth Forest, so it made sense that their "deaths" were reversed because they weren't strictly necessary for the cycle of life and death to remain intact.

I don't know, that's just my take on the events. The movie only gave us very few clues on the relation between Xerneas and Yveltal, but based on them I thought it would've actually been weird for them to fight.
    Guess this was more of a background event than anything else; the movie was about Diancie and her goal, which gives me Manaphy/Jirachi vibes.
    Now its only a matter of waiting for the movie to premier over here!

Click me!

Tumblr: http://fyras14.tumblr.com/

Where I post fanart and stuff...

Holy crap I loved how the movie opened with Bonnie and Serena saying hello. Animation is beautiful! I love the slide park scene with all the Pokemon! But why no Bunnelby and Fletchinder? :[
    Last edited by Doryuzu; 20th July 2014 at 9:25 AM.

Staff list, thanks to Dogasu:
    Standard Voice Actors.
    Ash: Rica Matsumoto
    Pikachu: Ikue Ohtani
    Serena: Mayuki Makiguchi
    Citron: Yuki Kaji
    Eureka: Mariya Ise
    Musashi: Megumi Hayashibara
    Kojiro: Shinichiro Miki
    Nyarth: Inuko Inuyama
    Sonansu: Yuji Ueda.
    Dedenne: Megumi Sato
    Harimaron: Hitomi Natabane.
    Maaiika: Kenta Miyake
    Diancie: Marika Matsumoto
    Di: Shouzo Iizuka
    Majima: Kensuke Sato
    Ayaka: Miyu Sawai
    Narration: Unsho Ishizuka.

Special VA:
    Xerneas: Yoshiko Mita
    Nija Riot: Koichi yamadera. (the host of Oha Suta)
    Millis Steel: Shoko nakagawa (the female host of Get TV)
    Marilyn Flame: Rika Adachi
    Knight: Tsuyoshi Nakagawa (group Nakagawa-ke)
    Argus Steel: Reiji Nakagawa (group Nakagawa-ke)
    Uschi: Atsuto Uchida (Football player). And his role is miimal, as I expected.

Yveltal doesn't appear in the VA List. I imagine that Yveltal is voiced by the Narrator. Keromatsu, Luchabull and Fokko doesn't get credited because the VA are credited as Sonans, James and Jessie, respectively.
    I think that Pokemon is beautiful and has its charm

Serebii, Bulbagarden

Note: I decided to not post post that had cause hate to me anymore. If you see one, please PM me and I will delete the moment I'm aware and I'm online.

I need to take a break in the anime forum because these forum bored me.

can somebody post the enitre plot of the movie, if it is ok to post it publicly?

Quote Originally Posted by giratina the shadow View Post
    can somebody post the enitre plot of the movie, if it is ok to post it publicly?
    If you wait a bit I assume Gin is doing her summary like last year.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Sorry i dont noe anything abot wat u said so can u pls explain

Quote Originally Posted by giratina the shadow View Post
    Sorry i dont noe anything abot wat u said so can u pls explain
    Gin of sunyshore.com usually writes good summaries for the movies.

And there's a pretty long video with clips from the movie on the net, pretty surprised the person got away with it. But Yveltal utterly devastates the airship and it's amazing. Also on the whole CG vs drawn thing, perhaps it's meant to contrast Xerneas and Yveltal. If any of you are SMT fans you might have heard about the anime for Devil Survivor 2. In that anime whenever Septentrions are shown, they're CG every time without fail. It was done to contrast the enemies to the ally demons who were 2D (same situation with the game where it was sprites vs Pr-rendered). Maybe it's the same concept here?
    Last edited by diakyu; 20th July 2014 at 4:59 PM.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Yeah so apparently through illegal means, about 30 minutes of the movie is up and honestly Yveltal's rampage is not what I was expecting in a Pokemon movie.

Like seriously, during the sequence where Miris and her dad fly in their airship and attack Yveltal, he dodges every single missile and literally slams into the plane and blasts them on the spot. The whole sequence is pretty dark. I wasn't expecting this at all.

This movie is looking like a 10/10 blockbuster

Quote Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
    Maybe I'm missing some info, but was there really so much hype for a Xerneas VS Yveltal fight?
    Well they are meant to be opposing forces (life vs. death), so some of us assumed that they'd have a big showdown in the movie, but apparently that didn't happen the way I expected. It's my own fault for actually expecting something cool though.
    Last edited by Lorde; 20th July 2014 at 8:20 PM.

I think its just assumed at this point that the main Legendaries will fight at some point each generation. Its been a while since I've seen the Rise of Darkrai, but was there a good explanation as to why Dialga and Palkia were fighting? I mean, I guess it makes sense in Xerneas and Yveltal's case, because being the force of life, you would expect Xerneas to be the one to refuse to fight. But still, it was a bit of a letdown.

Edit: Okay, I just watched the 30 minute clip, and the way they handled the Xerneas and Yveltal situation wasn't awful.

[SPOILER]Yveltal was about to fire an Oblivion Wing at Ash and Co, when Xerneas blasted away the attack with what I think was either Ice Beam or a very strange looking Moonblast. They fired the attacks again, creating an explosion, when Xerneas calmed Yveltal. It wasn't an all-out battle, but at least they exchanged some attacks.[/SPOILER]
    Last edited by SceptileTheBanana; 20th July 2014 at 10:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SceptileTheBanana View Post
    I think its just assumed at this point that the main Legendaries will fight at some point each generation. Its been a while since I've seen the Rise of Darkrai, but was there a good explanation as to why Dialga and Palkia were fighting? I mean, I guess it makes sense in Xerneas and Yveltal's case, because being the force of life, you would expect Xerneas to be the one to refuse to fight. But still, it was a bit of a letdown.

Edit: Okay, I just watched the 30 minute clip, and the way they handled the Xerneas and Yveltal situation wasn't awful.
    Yeah, but it was in the Arceus movie. Arceus beginning to awake caused disruptions in time and space leading to Palkia and the Unowns thinking Dialga was messing with their dimension and vice versa.

And yeah, the fight wasn't by any means awful, just not as hype as the movie trailers seemed to suggest. At least they fought and reached an understanding without causing the third wheel to wake up and start rampaging too.

I suppose Zygarde will only come into play until someone manipulates Xerneas and Yveltal in the third movie of this gen.

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Chapter 219: An Alien Friend in Need - Complete!

who had seen the movie, how is the soundtrack? there are music from the xy animé?
    Thanks
    Pokémon Y friend code: 1650-2607-3866

Quote Originally Posted by nuzamaki90 View Post
    Yeah so apparently through illegal means, about 30 minutes of the movie is up and honestly Yveltal's rampage is not what I was expecting in a Pokemon movie.

Like seriously, during the sequence where Miris and her dad fly in their airship and attack Yveltal, he dodges every single missile and literally slams into the plane and blasts them on the spot. The whole sequence is pretty dark. I wasn't expecting this at all.

This movie is looking like a 10/10 blockbuster
    It would've been far more superior to have the father and daughter consume that Oblivion Wing before Diancie evolves. It is I feel if it so, then it increases the tension, for Ash's group is now all alone and none can now contend against Yveltal other than Diancie and its Mega Evolution, which should also fail, at which point Xerneas appears and brings them salvation.

Do they show the result of Ash and Ayakas battle? I hope she appears in the anime again, I wanted her to have a role in the movie, but I guess not.

The One Who Wields the Power of God

Quote Originally Posted by KidOblivion View Post
    Do they show the result of Ash and Ayakas battle? I hope she appears in the anime again, I wanted her to have a role in the movie, but I guess not.
    It ends with Astrid's M-Absol beating Ash's Hawlucha, or so I read in a summary. I hope she appears again as well. I really like her character.

Currently writing: The Missing Link!
    Chapters posted: 8
    Please read and review. I'll be eternally grateful.

Quote Originally Posted by OnceUponATime View Post
    It ends with Astrid's M-Absol beating Ash's Hawlucha, or so I read in a summary. I hope she appears again as well. I really like her character.
    Chances are she overstayed her welcome and thus has become forgotten. This is perhaps the last we'll see of M-Absol.

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Chapter 219: An Alien Friend in Need - Complete!

So my main question now is, what was the deal with that promotional poster highlighting the various mega evolutions? Unless I've missed something, most of those weren't even in the movie.
    3ds Friend Code: 4038-7133-8020
    Flying type safari with Doduo Swanna and Rufflet
    Boyfriend's FC: 1607-2097-3380
    Fire type safari with Magmar, Slugma, Ninetails
    He just completed the game and needs lots more safaris!
    I have most safaris on mine but will add back if you need what I have

X Version Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by taran47 View Post
    So my main question now is, what was the deal with that promotional poster highlighting the various mega evolutions? Unless I've missed something, most of those weren't even in the movie.
    It was just a poster used to build hype like most initial movie posters and nothing more apparently. :x

Quote Originally Posted by taran47 View Post
    They were meant to confirm megas would be in the movie in some way. It was never said the megas on the poster were in the movie.

Does Xerneas also use telepathy?

Edit: I just noticed it has a VA I guess it does then?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast