Thread: Pikachu, What's This Key?

Default Pikachu, What's This Key?

Pikachu, What Kind of Keys Are these?

While playing, Pikachu and co. encounter the Pokémon, Klefki, who is able to open up portals to various worlds. Pikachu & Co. travel with Klefki through these various worlds, encountering various Mythical Pokémon such as Manaphy, Darkrai, Jirachi and Victini

Visit The Movie Guide

Discuss

(Note: This thread is not for speculation. If you haven't seen the movie yourself, limit your posts to direct replies to reports from those who have.)

I like how Hawlucha does random poses, but I feel like he is out of place in this short, as if it was an older child amongst smaller children. There was no Bunnelbro in this as well, no Pumpkaboo, too.

The short was great and honestly I think it's my second favorite, second to the Pichu Bros.

Hawlucha spending most of his free-time posing was funny as all hell and I liked Pikachu and Dedenne's shenanigans. I just can't help but wonder why all of the cast's Pokemon weren't out playing, Pumpkaboo's weird “cha-cha”'s would have been ideal for some of these scenes.

Also, I can't believe they did the whole “hiding the main group's faces” again since we haven't seen that in a very long time.

The sub found its way online, and I was at first hesitant to watch it, but talked myself into it. Let me just say that thank God it's so much better than Eevee & Friends. It's still a cute short, Pikachu shorts are always going to be cute, but it's not just cute, they actually did things relevant to the plot--in fact, there was a plot of sorts this time to balance out that pretty animation and cuteness, and I'm so happy for that. It's short, simple, and sweet, makes me think of "Pikachu and Pichu" in terms of having things other than "Pikachu and friends do cute things" throughout.

This was a bit of a creative short, I like the idea of there being keyholes that open to other worlds. It's a shame we don't see more of these worlds (Manaphy's world is my favorite), but I did like the idea. I doubt the Legendaries in these world really "exist", as I did honestly find it weird Jirachi didn't speak, but I'm not bothered by it. Klefki was fun to watch, and the narrator wasn't annoying (I feel I won't be able to say the same for the dub, however...). I'm also glad that Meowth and Wobbuffet (can't comment on Inkay as a character) were treated with some respect this time and weren't just shoved in the short just because. Usually they're the butt monkeys in these shorts, but nothing bad happened to them this time around.

So I was pleased with this one, and it's been a long time since I was last entertained by a Pikachu short. While I don't think it's as memorable as the earlier Pikachu shorts, it's far from being the worst one. I'd say it's decent at least, but good nonetheless. It was a nice way to ease the audience into the movie, and the quality of both the movie and the short matched in a good way.
    Winner of Best Fic of 2014 in the Shipping Oscars
    Forsaken: Chapter 20 - 11/17/14 / Encryption: Chapter 3 - 4/14/15 / Handle with Care: Chapter 10 - 3/17/14

Available to watch for a short time on Pokémon TV
    http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-episodes/#

This was cute!

But, something I wanted to mention: Did anyone else get a PMD feeling when klefki unlocked the first world? The portal thing reminds me so much of the gate of time.
    3DS FC: 0473-8359-5360

I have claimed

Haven't seen a Pikachu short in a long time. They just stopped putting them out in North America and kept them all in Japan. Imma check this one out later on.

"My Popularity in the Pokemon Universe continues to shine like the Aura that is with me. A full-feature movie, 4 two-parter episodes from the Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos anime sagas, a 5-episode arc featuring my trainer Korrina, 3 appearances in the Smash Bros games and a Poke spokespearson for the Pokemon Trading Card commercials and the upcoming Pokken Fighters game. May I soon reach the fame that belongs to Pikachu"

3DS Friend code - 3007 9374 1244

this one was pretty good the end credits was worth it to me alone.. I almost teared up seeing the art style that was reminiscent to the old school early gen sugimori watercolor pokemon art

they looked alot like this old art style..

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

Aww, I love Klefki, so I'll definitely have to check this one out! Thank you for the link, Serebii webmaster
    "Be yourself and no regrets... that's our motto!"
    [+-][+-]
    ---[+-]
    --[+-]
    [+-][+-]apto369

In Soviet Russia, Pokemon claim you!

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

If you enjoy poetry, check out this book by rising author, and good friend, James W. A. "In the Library" is told in an epic narrative format and contains dark thematic material that teaches multiple lessons about pain, coping, madness, and the human condition. Check it out at thejameswa.com !