Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Community POTW #041

A fun (although admittedly gimmicky) set involves the use of Toxic Spikes and Venoshock:

Dragalge with Black Sludge
    Nature: Modest/Bold
    EVs: 252 SpA, 252 HP, 4 Def
    Ability: Adaptability/Poison Point
    -Toxic Spikes
    -Venoshock
    -Draco Meteor
    -Venom Drench/Dragon Tail/Focus Blast/Hydro Pump

The set works like this: Toxic Spikes is used to spread poison everywhere. If the opponent is poisoned, Venoshock has the same power as Draco Meteor, except without the Special Attack drop. With Adaptability, this hits extremely hard, being able to OHKO 252 HP / 0 Def Clefable and outdamaging Latios. Draco Meteor is used as an alternate STAB and is preferred if the opponent is not poisoned. The fourth move is really your choice. Venom Drench cripples a poisoned opponent if you can't KO or heavily damage it with Venoshock. Dragon Tail can be used to shuffle opponents around and spread poison, although the negative priority means that Dragalge will be taking some hits. Focus Miss can be used to hit Steel-types who otherwise wall Dragalge completely. Hydro Pump is good if you want a more accurate coverage move.
    Last edited by lucariomaster2; 8th August 2014 at 3:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by USVCPA Ampharos View Post
    Play Rough and Waterfall give you wonderful coverage, correct me if I'm wrong here but I cannot think of any single Type that resists it(thinking of a Pokemon that resists that coverage will take a little longer).
    Shedinja, Empoleon, Ferrothorn and any Poison/Water or Poison/Grass Type resists Type coverage from Water and Fairy. Not too hard to think of.
    Pokémon X Friend Safari: Snover, Bergmite, Piloswine.

Ever see a Corsola 1-shot an Uber? Arceus bless Pokemon Stadium 2...
    WARNING: Strong profanity and extreme hilarity in this video. Viewer discretion and pointing-and-laughing advised.

Well, might as well throw this here since I decided to try and breed this to work on a Trick Room Team since this guys isn't going anywhere fast in the first place...

Dragalge @ Black Sludge
    Nature: Sassy
    Ability: Poison Point
    252 Defense, 242 Special Defense, 16 HP 0 Speed

-Sludge Bomb
    -Venom Drench
    -Toxic Spikes
    -Dragon Dail

The main point is to set up Toxic Spikes and force the Pokemon to switch out (bar Fairies) via Dragon Tail to spread poison. Venom Drench is just there to soften blows a little more (Not on Defiant/Competitive types though) on those intent on staying in to try and hit Dragalge. Sludge Bomb is just their for STAB in case you end up Taunted.

Anything that is Steel/Poison will be able to wall it all day while hyper-offensive Pokemon would be able to quickly set up and demolish Dragalge, especially if Trick Room isn't set up yet.

x--x

With that being said, I hope Adaptability with become a thing soon. XD
    Last edited by Rio!; 10th August 2014 at 7:30 AM.
    3ds FC: Mystica; 2621-3668-7527
    Safari: Electric; Electabuzz, Parchirisu, Galvantula {partially full}

Art belongs to me
    Preferred Battle Style: Rotation

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12