Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Community POTW #043

Let me just say something real quick regarding Lucario's ability of choice.

Lucario should always be carrying Justified, especially if it's holding Lucarionite.

Why? It should be obvious. Knock off is a very popular move, and almost everything that can use it has it, especially Dark Types. With Lucarionite, Lucario won't lose the item and get an a very threatening Attack boost from it, and since Lucario has Extremespeed, Bullet Punch, and Mach Punch as priority moves, it'll make the opponent very cautious of actually using Knock off at all. It does cause mind games, but they benefit you. From the possibility of switching your Lucario into Knock Off, it'll make the opponent hesitant to use it at all. And that's with just one possible mega on your team (this works for any tier Mega Lucario is allowed in. the circumstances of when Knock off is used differs, as in, I don't know if Knock Off is common in Ubers).

Just my two cents. TL;DR always use Justified because Knock Off.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Murder Heavangelon
    With Lucarionite, Lucario won't lose the item and get an a very threatening Attack boost from it, and since Lucario has Extremespeed, Bullet Punch, and Mach Punch as priority moves,
    For the record, Lucario does not get Mach Punch, I wish it did, but unfortunately it does not. You're probably thinking of Mach Punch's Special equivalent, Vacuum Wave, which Lucario does have access to, though I suppose that is a benefit in itself, as Vacuum Wave is the only Special Priority move, so Special Sets can use that. Though I do agree that with Justified and Lucarionite, Physically-Oriented Mega Lucario is the closest way of punishing mindless Knock Off Spam, though it would've made life easier if Steel hadn't lost it's resistance to Dark, but I digress, everything else on your post I can agree with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    Why Game Freak. Nintendo doesn't make Pokémon.
    I'm just gonna apologize right now for my future self if I say anything stupid or offensive.

Spoiler:- My Planned Characters for Smash 4. Turn now if you don't want spoilers.:

Quote Originally Posted by Black Murder Heavangelon View Post
    Let me just say something real quick regarding Lucario's ability of choice.

Lucario should always be carrying Justified, especially if it's holding Lucarionite.

Why? It should be obvious. Knock off is a very popular move, and almost everything that can use it has it, especially Dark Types. With Lucarionite, Lucario won't lose the item and get an a very threatening Attack boost from it, and since Lucario has Extremespeed, Bullet Punch, and Mach Punch as priority moves, it'll make the opponent very cautious of actually using Knock off at all. It does cause mind games, but they benefit you. From the possibility of switching your Lucario into Knock Off, it'll make the opponent hesitant to use it at all. And that's with just one possible mega on your team (this works for any tier Mega Lucario is allowed in. the circumstances of when Knock off is used differs, as in, I don't know if Knock Off is common in Ubers).

Just my two cents. TL;DR always use Justified because Knock Off.
    Special Sweeper Lucario is way better than Physical Lucario, especially since Will-o-Wisp is a thing even in Ubers. Don't use Justified on Specially Offensive Lucario. It's worthless and only makes Foul Play stronger and stronger.

With Mega Mom spam being a thing, Inner Focus is better. Get a Nasty Plot and follow with Vacuum Wave.
    Dircio - 4527-8956-9002

Master League Bug Gym Leader
    Trinity League Bug Gym Leader
    Pokegyms Fire Gym Leader
    The White Shadow League Dark Elite 4
    Shadow Stars League Flying Gym Leader
    The Eternian Forces Conjurer,
    War Team Member, and Dark/Flying Elite 4

Credit: Broomstig / Northern Lights / Azulart / FairyWitch (Badges)
    Astral Shadow (Recolor and this)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12