Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Shippers Confessional Thread - 3.0

*Quietly enters thread's Confessional.*

> I detest Satoshi/Ash Ketchum and sometimes wish the shipping community would stop focusing on him like he was the eligible single of a season of The Bachelor. Does anyone else here realize how infuriatingly persistent and lucky he actually is? After all, he is a classic example of the "mascot series protagonist" character archetype. He's covered in layers upon layers of plot armor; he's always in the company of a Gym Leader or two; holds the absolute attention of everyone he meets before winning their admiration/respect; encounters each and every legendary creature that are for the most part only rumored to exist; and most recently he's developed super special powers which only appear every eon or so (Ash-Greninja). Isn't it strange that the great majority of his typically poor decisions have relatively benign consequences? If a normal trainer made the same mistakes he did, they'd be in a mess of trouble.

If your passion happens to be Poke-/Advance-/Pearl-/Amourshipping, please don't take my views as a personal attack. Shippers have my respect so long as they never let anyone discourage them from supporting the pairings they love. I personally believe the only Ash pairing with any substance to it is Palletshipping, and that's because (1) he and Shigeru/Gary Oak have a long history together, and (2) the latter did enough growing up over the course of several seasons for the both of them. It's perfectly fine if you disagree with me.

> I fully support Villains x Game/Manga protagonists ships across the board.

> Although I like some pretty bizarre pairings outside of Pokemon, I can never bring myself to give pokephilia a shot.

...That's all I can think of at the moment.

Villain Multi-shipper ~ A Proud Supporter of
    HardenShipping | PerfectWorldShipping | DarkParadiseShipping | AbsoluteControlShipping | AntiGravityShipping
    Walking the Trainer's path since 1998
    UPN | BGf
    | PASBL Record | TL1 - 0W / 4L / 0D
    0 KOs / 9 TP / 0 SP
    I CLAIMED SILVALLY
    ★いつでも「KON」って行け! 狐が最高★

Even though I'm an Amourshipper, I secretly have Pokeshipping sympathies from before XY, since it was my OTP before SatoSere.

Although I have a headcanon where all the characters are paired off and married, with Ash and Serena having a daughter whom I ship with May and Drew's son, I secretly think that an alternate headcanon where Serena is married to Clemont for his money and openly cheats on him with Ash would be hilarious.

I still stand by my original statement 3 years ago that I want Ash to get Serena pregnant by the end of XY.
    Fanfiction Account: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5343245/
    (I promise to write another Amourshipping fanfiction ...some day)

(Soon to be) First-year student at The University of British Columbia Vancouver Campus!

Copy and Paste this into your Signature if you ship Ash and Serena together! Amourshipping forever!

Very quietly strolls into the thread

1) I'm a huge fan of PokemonXPokemon ships and PokemonXHuman ships, whereas I can't really ship many of the HumanXHuman ships from Pokemon. None of the characters aside from a few hold my interest in the slightest.

2) I'm probably the only person that ships Ash and his Greninja. Canonically, they've got one of the strongest bonds Ash has had with a pokemon and they're incredibly similar character. Of course, I love platonic AshXGreninja too, but I'm probably the only one that would willingly accept it at a higher level.

3) I can't stand Misty or Pokeshipping. Each to their own of course and if you enjoy the ship, that's perfectly fine and I hope you enjoy it, but I just don't see it. Same with May and Dawn's ships. I will admit that I like Amourshipping as it's actually interesting from my perspective to view.

4) Pikachu and TR Meowth is cute as all hell! However, Meowth with anything else makes me triggered beyond belief.
    So am I the only one that actually adores Ash-Greninja? I may also be slightly miffed at the lack of fanfiction for Ash and Ash's Greninja and the friendship they share ;-;

-I'm not the kind to care about shipping like it's my life. So even my OTPs I'm not super excited about.
    -I say i like RocketShipping... but I usually dislike them greatly as Team Rocket. They show up too much, and I hate them most when they try to steal Pikachu and/or other pokemon there.
    -Despite the fact the SpecialShipping is the most popular ship of PokeSpe, I had to be told via TV Tropes that Yellow had a crush on Red. I was like, "since when?"
    -Ash ships aren't my thing, since I don't like the character. AmourShipping is interesting, however.
    Full shiny list: x2 x2 ;714; ;778; -Alola

3 shiny hunted, 15 happened naturally (Apparently the shiny Wingull family loves me)

Game OTP: FerrisWheelShipping
    Anime OTP: RocketShipping
    Manga OTP: ChoosenShipping

*Before i Watched XYZ i PROMESSED myself not get into amour. Look at my sig and my.."gray thingy under my name". too cute4me
    *I think marrison is crepy because of the ages, but can't help myself. I ship them So hard!
    *i get way too involves in the shippings. Like waaay too much
    Keep Calm & Ship Hard (Go Amour)
    Serena4Alola? Not a question of will, but when.
    Also, UNDERTALE

I ship any espeon with any umbreon because I see them as parts of a whole.
    I am also a rabid amour shipper (did I spell that right?)
    Last edited by kawaiiconcept; 17th October 2016 at 6:22 AM.

banner by the lovely american pi
    my fizzy bubbles profile
    asb
    *highfives all 'round* *wapsh**wapsh*

1. I'm about as obsessive a shipper as you can get. I seem to be wired for it, because I started obsessing over characters and their relationships when I was in first grade; daydreaming about it just comes naturally with me. And I'll stick with the same OTP for years and years. That comes with emotional highs, but then if things don't go right, I take it really hard. Like, if Ash ended up with someone who isn't Misty, I'd be really upset. And it still bugs me when people say that all Pokeshipping hints were dub-added, or that Misty didn't care about Ash because she was mean to him (granted, she was kinda, at first, the way kids are, but eventually, they developed more of a teasing relationship). Misty hasn't been a main character for over 10 years. 10 years! Pokeshipping isn't my OTP anymore, but it's still really important to me. In shipping, there's almost always one character I relate to more, and I end up strongly internalizing that character, to the point where they become a part of myself and I can easily see think as them. And then I get upset that the characters I love aren't real. Sure, they're real in a way, but it's not the way I want (I think this is an issue a lot of writers and actors have issues with). I've spent a lot of time obsessing over this, and I've realized a lot of interesting things about the relationship between fiction, reality, and the self, why and how we love fictional characters; that's what my Tumblr's about. So, it's not all bad... For a long time, I was worried that I could only ship, but not fall in love with a real person, and I'd forever be able to experience love without really having it. Turns out that's not true, so that's good. (And before someone asks, yeah, I've seen therapists for general anxiety issues, and talked about all this... none of them seem to think it's a problem, though, so...) What I really hope for is that when I fall in love with someone and spend the rest of my life with them, that'll replace shipping. Sure, I'll still ship, but it won't be as important as it is now.

2. So, the reason Pokeshipping isn't my OTP anymore is that I made up a daughter for Ash and Misty for fun, and someone to ship her with... and then I went and developed those characters and got obsessed with that instead. *Headesk* But yeah, I'm writing a fanfiction about that now, because I want other people to love those characters, too, I want them to be real to other people. My dream for them is for them to become the accepted fanon for second generation characters. Yeah, I know that's a lofty goal, and it probably won't happen, but that's what I'd really love to happen.

3. I try to relate to other shippers over our feelings-- after all, who else understands what it's like to be obsessed with the relationships of characters on a kids' anime? But it gets a little dicey sometimes when I'm talking to people from opposing ships. I try to understand others' feelings, but eventually, I want them to understand my feelings, too, even though they never asked for my presence and don't owe me anything. Sometimes I get defensive when people say certain things and... one time I went off a little in the Amourshipping thread, a while back. What I really wanted was just for them to understand what I like about Pokeshipping the way I understand what they like about Amour, show them how I see it... I thought I was careful to make that clear, but some people thought I was trying to start a ship war. Oops. Eh, in the end, I shouldn't have done it... in fact I knew when I was writing it that it probably wouldn't go over well, exactly... I even thought I might get infracted for it. But I did feel validated afterward, so I can't say I regret it, either.
    Last edited by Hakajin; 17th October 2016 at 7:05 AM.
    These are my fanfics. Read them. Or not, whatever.
    Pokemon Generations: Satsumi's Journey (Interlude 3 Now Up!)
    My Fanfiction.net Profile

This is my Tumblr. Read it if you are so inclined.
    The Philosophy of Shipping (shipdr.tumblr.com)

I ship weird things on both Pokemon: (LysandrexMalva, GardevorixHydreigon, SceptilexLilligant)
    And other things such as Digimon: (WarGreymonxMetalGarurumon, LilithmonxLucemon,RosemonxBeelzemon)
    Steven Universe: (Amedot)
    I;m also quite of a jump-shipper when it comes to Ash pairings, but I msotly like Pearlshipping
    Last edited by DankOverlord; 17th October 2016 at 7:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soniman View Post
    Serena gave Ash a kiss, Lillie gave him a child.
    Currently hyped up fo 20th Movie . BRING IT ON!!!!

I read a Pokeshipping one-shot I wrote years ago, and ended up blushing and smiling over it like some kind of moron. Over something I myself wrote. A more recent reviewer said that I understood Misty better than just about any writer they'd read, and that made me really happy. ...Yeah, I'm humble-bragging, but Misty's important to me, so I was proud.
    These are my fanfics. Read them. Or not, whatever.
    Pokemon Generations: Satsumi's Journey (Interlude 3 Now Up!)
    My Fanfiction.net Profile

This is my Tumblr. Read it if you are so inclined.
    The Philosophy of Shipping (shipdr.tumblr.com)

I like the Professor Oak x Delia ship, but I disapprove of the belief that Professor Oak's Ash's father. Mainly because of the creep factor, given Oak would've been 40 and Delia 18 at the time. Though I'd be totally fine with him becoming Ash's stepdad
    Favorite Generation: V
    Favorite Pokemon per generation:
    Favorite type: Water
    Favorite team: Plasma
    First shiny: (search) (random) Beast Trio (event), (SR) (Trade) (Chain)

Even though Im not a pokeshipper i have a real soft spot for pokeshipping
    and im an AdvancedShipper but if someone mocks pokeshipping ill debate more roughly and ill use more evidence than I would for AdvancedShipping and this is similiar to Pearlshipping but I dont respect pearlshipping as much as pokeshipping.
    its also a thing I accidentaly act like a pokeshipper especially on the forums even when I fail to notice it.
    unlike other people I also ship for fun but I make sure that theres a good chance ot could become canon or ash or a character i ship may have secret felings for the other.

Uhm okay:

.I don't ship anyone with Ash except for Misty. It was srsly a kid thing. Up until now I still love it
    .Same with Jessie and James. Loved them as a kid
    .Even Pikachu and Meowth. It may be odd but its Pokemon/Pokemon that I rly like

These are weird. I dont do straight couples. Since Im a lesbian I tend to do yuri ships.
    I cant list them all but yeah you get my drift.

Spoiler:- Lusa and Lillie spoil:

Age doesnt matter to me like Lusamine/Lillie and Cynthia/Dawn. Theyre only fictional characters so yup.
    Theres always AU.

Hopefully not bashing any ship here.

Well, here's my go at ruining myself.
    -I absolutely and completely dislike Drew, but for some reason the only pairings of him I dislike. are Contest and Tension.

-"I don't ship Pokemon x Human, that's gross!!"-younger me. I lied. I totally ship it,all the time.

-Selfcest like Malevolent is my guilty pleasure.

-I adore Pokesilvershipping, and I dislike how they just threw away Lyra's crush. If they didn't I think it would have been more popular.

-I barely like ANY anime Serena ships. Game Serena I could pair with anyone no problem. I only like Anime Serena with Miette and Ash.

-I don't get the Guzma shipping hype. I'm fond of AetherSkull (Lusamine x Guzma) and I think that's about it.

-Consequentially, my friends tried to pressure me into liking Skull (Guzma x Plumeria) and Spice (Kiawe x Mallow). I dislike them both now.

-Name a main character. I probably ship him/her with 50+. Heck, I ship minor characters like Lisia with 50+ people.

-I didn't see any Lillie x Hau at all when playing through Sun AND Moon. I saw more Hau x Gladion than either Hau x MC and Lillie x Hau. Funnily my S&M Ships are Elio x Lillie, Selene x Gladion, and Hau x either Illmia or Shauna.

Well i think that's all I can think of.
    Crazy chick trying to figure out where she stand with people.

"Those who don't matter mind, and those who matter don't." -Doctor Seuss

*deep breath*

I ship Moon x Lillie, Lillie x Gladion, Gladion x Hau and Hau x Lillie all at once. It's really awkward.

Also, I dislike shipping Ash with anyone further than a platonic shipping, mainly because I feel really awkward shipping a ten year old with someone romantically.

By extension, I hate AmourShipping with an actual passion.

I do not ship any ships sexually. I ship mostly platonically, and a couple romantically, but that's it.
    Last edited by Nerdy McNerdface; 29th January 2017 at 11:31 PM.

Credit to American--Pi for the amazing banner!

Quote Originally Posted by Maldread View Post
    Do you touch yourself to XY Ash every night?

I'm gonna come out and say that I ship Felix and Oscar in all iterations of The Odd Couple.

I also ship Sid and Diego in the Ice Age movies.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    I walk through the valley of the shadow of death
    Shippings I support: Ash/Misty, Drew/May, Kenny/Dawn, Ash's Pikachu/Dawn's Buneary, Tracey/Daisy, Cilan/Iris, Clemont/Serena, Harley/Zoey, James/Jessie, Max/Bonnie, Max/Mira, Max/Vivi Winstrate (I multiship Max and only Max), Butch/Cassidy, Gary/Lillie, Kiawe/Lana, Sophocles/Mallow, Lunick/Solana, Wes/Rui, Brendan/Game May

RIP Blake Carrington, Ben Matlock, Joe Mannix, JR Ewing, Jim Phelps

So I'll add a few more words here:

- I really don't like an idea, that Ash will end up with Serena. It's killing me.
    - I don't ship Ash with anyone, becouse I love him so much as character on its own. To be honest, I think that Ash should end up alone. I really appreciate frindships, which he have with girls, but I don't believe, that he will one day finish his journey and just have a sweet, little family.
    - But if I have to choose a ship, I like pearlshipping and Ash/Anabel.
    - Outside of Ash, I ship: Jasse/James, May/Drew, Brock/Lucy.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123