Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: The DC Universe Thread(Shows, Movies, etc etc...) *Potential Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Now if only they would get rid of Teen Titans Go -_-...
    If it's still on, clearly someone, somewhere is watching it, given how quick CN is to pull the plug on shows. Why can't they have their show just as you have your show?

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

I personally don't give a rip for Teen Titans Go, but if other people like it whatever floats their boat lol. I was watching a little bit of Batman Beyond the other night. So nostalgic lol.

Here's my gamer tags if anyone wants to add me and play games.
    Playstation Network: grandchampion82
    Xbox Live: BTheChamp1
    3DS Friend Code: 1693 1038 1902

Quote Originally Posted by NintendoFan82 View Post
    I was watching a little bit of Batman Beyond the other night. So nostalgic lol.
    That show managed to transcend its base origins ("can you do Batman, but as a quippy teenager, in the future? So, Batman as Spider-Man, basically?") and become so much more than what it was intended to be.

-----
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    If it's still on, clearly someone, somewhere is watching it, given how quick CN is to pull the plug on shows. Why can't they have their show just as you have your show?
    Because unlike the shows they're throwing away, this show is actually ****?
    It only gets so many views because it's all they show. Can't catch reruns of other shows as 90% of their airtime is them jacking off to TT Stop.
    Fanfic Corner
    Best Wishes Rewrite - Ferris Wheel shipping story, Team Rocket vs Team Plasma action (Disclaimer: No Iris)
    Sun/Moon Rewrite - A standalone story with a new lead. (Coming soon)

Quote Originally Posted by Zoruagible View Post
    Because unlike the shows they're throwing away, this show is actually ****?
    It only gets so many views because it's all they show. Can't catch reruns of other shows as 90% of their airtime is them jacking off to TT Stop.
    "Other people can't have this show that they ostensibly enjoy because I hate it," is what you're saying.

-----
    Words to|live by

That show managed to transcend its base origins ("can you do Batman, but as a quippy teenager, in the future? So, Batman as Spider-Man, basically?") and become so much more than what it was intended to be.
    Exactly. I 100% agree ^
    I really liked the Return of the Joker movie.

How do you guys feel about Black Lightning potentially joining the Arrowverse??
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

When the show was in development at Fox, Berlanti was on record as saying it wouldn't happen. The move to The CW might have changed that, but let's let them write, cast, film and debut the show before we worry about shared continuity.

-----
    Words to|live by

I'm excited that there will be a black lead in a superhero show on regular tv (excusing Luke Cage on Netflix). Still, I'm starting to feel a little overwhelmed with so many superhero projects and shared universes to keep track of.
    3DS FC: 3523-3464-8565
    3DS Name: Elliott

Check out my trade shop with hundreds of Shinies and Events!

Quote Originally Posted by MechanisticMoth View Post
    Still, I'm starting to feel a little overwhelmed with so many superhero projects and shared universes to keep track of.
    There aren't really that many. All of Marvel's stuff falls into the MCU, however disconnected the television and Netflix shows may be. FOX's X-Men films are another. DC's movies, bless their hearts, are one universe. Everything on The CW right now is a shared continuity (if not a shared universe). And then I guess you have individual universes in Gotham and Powerless, to whatever extent multiversal shenanigans matter to those two shows, which is not at all.

That's 4-6 (depending on how you view productions where it doesn't really matter) across all of movies and television.

-----
    Words to|live by

There aren't really that many. All of Marvel's stuff falls into the MCU, however disconnected the television and Netflix shows may be. FOX's X-Men films are another. DC's movies, bless their hearts, are one universe. Everything on The CW right now is a shared continuity (if not a shared universe). And then I guess you have individual universes in Gotham and Powerless, to whatever extent multiversal shenanigans matter to those two shows, which is not at all.

That's 4-6 (depending on how you view productions where it doesn't really matter) across all of movies and television.
    That's still a lot of continuities and things to keep track of for me. I'm just kind of exhausted by now. It's not that I don't like it, I just find it hard to keep everything organized in my head. Mind you, I also read a lot of the comics, so it's just a whole lot of information running through my brain at the same time. It's part of the reason that I mostly just watch documentaries and other shows because I can't focus on the narratives for too long.

I'm excited that there will be a black lead in a superhero show on regular tv (excusing Luke Cage on Netflix). Still, I'm starting to feel a little overwhelmed with so many superhero projects and shared universes to keep track of.
    Actually most of the one offs are in whole different universes then each other. The only ones who share a universe tv wise are anything on CW and then every Marvel Project live action wise which is in the MCU.

So:

Arrowverse

Arrow
    Flash
    Legends
    Supergirl
    Vixen(animated)
    Freedom Fighters: Ray(animated show)
    Constantine(animated series??), this pones tricky as they've said as of now there aren't really plans for him to crossover into the Arrowverse anymore but I guess we'll see.

MCU:

Agents of Shield
    Agent Carter
    Inhumans
    Daredevil
    Jessica Jones
    Luke Cage
    Iron Fist
    Defenders
    Punisher

Maybe:

Cloak & Dagger
    The Runaways

I say maybe because I haven't heard anything official but they most likely will be if successful I think.

Anything else superhero on TV is definitely in their own universes. If you watch the Marvel Animated TV shows(Disney XD ones), they also share a universe but it's not part of the MCU and not really sure what's happening with that since they got rid of Ultimate Spiderman and are making a new spiderman to replace it with.
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Actually most of the one offs are in whole different universes then each other. The only ones who share a universe tv wise are anything on CW and then every Marvel Project live action wise which is in the MCU.
    I would rather have a single, dedicated series without everything having to connect or build off of each other. A focused storyline doesn't need all of the crossovers, shared continuities, and name dropping.
    I'm just tired that things keep on being rehashed in a similar way to the comics. I don't feel like there are that many new ideas, and, when there are, it doesn't really add much to the show(s). It just seems like everyone's running out of ideas but getting all gun-ho on shared universes because Marvel made it successful once.

I would rather have a single, dedicated series without everything having to connect or build off of each other. A focused storyline doesn't need all of the crossovers, shared continuities, and name dropping.
    I'm just tired that things keep on being rehashed in a similar way to the comics. I don't feel like there are that many new ideas, and, when there are, it doesn't really add much to the show(s). It just seems like everyone's running out of ideas but getting all gun-ho on shared universes because Marvel made it successful once.
    The difference with the DC shows is you don't need to watch every Arrowverse should to understand everything. If you don't like Supergirl, you can ignore it completely and still understand whatever limited crossovers that do happen for instance.

Marvel TV shows are largely the same as they really dont crossover in any major way apart from the netflix shows and that's only because they are buidling towards Defenders.

I want to see what happens when Doctor Manhatten and Captain Atom confront each other
    Favorite Generation: V
    Favorite Pokemon per generation:
    Favorite type: Water
    Favorite team: Plasma
    Most recent shiny: (X Friend Safari)

I'm freaking pumped. Flashpoint Batman is coming back!
    Marvel should really take some notes from Rebirth, cause everything coming out of there is pure **** atm except for Infamous Ironman. I don't think I've seen a single bad Rebirth comic yet. Batman and Superman's books are definitely the best comics out there currently. Why can't the movies be this good?

And Justice League Action is okay..... it's pretty fun at times. I loved the episode where Mongul kidnapped Joker. I wish I could catch the very first few episodes though, I thought it would be like Teen Titans please stop already and ignored it. But CN doesn't air re-runs like at ALL.

Quote Originally Posted by RedJirachi View Post
    I want to see what happens when Doctor Manhatten and Captain Atom confront each other
    The universe explodes, like when a humidifier and a dehumidifier face off.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoruagible View Post
    But CN doesn't air re-runs like at ALL.
    The full slate is available free with a provider login, as is the case for most cable networks now.

http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/video/...des/index.html
    Last edited by BCVM22; 17th February 2017 at 6:46 AM.

-----
    Words to|live by

The difference with the DC shows is you don't need to watch every Arrowverse should to understand everything. If you don't like Supergirl, you can ignore it completely and still understand whatever limited crossovers that do happen for instance.
    That's what I do. Imo Supergirl is pretty boring. Legends(losers) of Tomorrow has too many loopholes. Flash is having a bad season but smh Arrow has picked up the pace. After two yearsin hell I finally wait for Arrow Episodes. Sadly can't say the same about Others. Although that Reverse-Flash episode (Legion of Doom, I think) was kinda nice though still had a loophole.

I just don't care for Flash anymore. They ruined the teased gorilla attack by focusing on the lurrve and overall having too much going on and not enough focus on the things that matter. Savitar is underwhelming, there's no motivations from him. The only interesting stuff right now is Caitlin's decline to Killer Frost and Julian. Flashpoint was a huge waste (all because they have to share a universe - hindsight is great, but Supergirl should be where Flash is, that way Arrow has it's superpowered hero to call for heavy lifting while Flash can do all the timeline ******* it wants).

Arrow still has problems but is overall better than last season's disaster. Felicity is still a problem. To be honest the show stopped making sense when Ollie lied to himself about being on the island for five years. Just shows that the writer's aren't thinking that far ahead at all.

The animated stuff is still good to see and easily blows the live-action stuff out the water. Hopefully the live action Wonder Woman, Justice League and Flash films in the upcoming years are great and give good representation of the live action DCverse.

Aslo kudos to Suicide Squad, for now being an 'Oscar-winning film'.

3DS Friend Code: 4098-3939-2078 | Woody (Sun) | Moon (Moon)

Switch Friend Code: SW-6300-2045-4545

The universe explodes, like when a humidifier and a dehumidifier face off.
    Whether that happens or not, I'd be disappointed if they didn't confront one another. Doctor Manhatten was based off Captain Atom after all, which was made really blatant in Earth 4

So I'm loving Supergirl this season, especially the relationship between Kara and Mon-El. Their chemistry is amazing but I hope they power him up a little soon.

I mean they pretty much stripped him of all his powers except for Speed and Strength but he still is supposed to have all these other powers so I hope he unlocks more soon.

I hope the same for Martian Manhunter tbh, it's just sad how much they depower him a lot of the time. I know he can't be awesome all the time since it's Kara's show but giving him some episodes where he just goes ham on some villains isn't gonna hurt anybody. Hopefully the final fight between Jon and Cyborg Superman will let him go full out.

Wow, I hadn't realised that the voice actor for Vandal Savage for Young Justice was Miguel Ferrer.

He passed away almost two months ago. I remember watching him in NCIS: LA but I hadn't made the connection to him and Young Justice.

I enjoyed his VA work a lot and will miss him. Hope they can find someone equally as talented to replace him.

3DS Friend Code: 4098-3939-2078 | Woody (Sun) | Moon (Moon)

Switch Friend Code: SW-6300-2045-4545

Well it does seem cheap to produce, so it's not implausible to think it makes more money that it takes to make it

DC's upcoming comic event looks freaking awesome! I can't wait to read it.
    Wish Marvel would follow their example of not pulling an event out of their *** every month. You can't even read one of their comics anymore without it tying into some stupid event, I'd like to read a story about Peter Parker and it JUST being about Peter Parker. Not the rest of the MCU, that is what I'm loving about Rebirth. Aside from Manhattan stuff and Batman getting ready for it, there is barely anything of that sort.
    Only bad thing about DC atm is..... Duke. Batman's superhero family was big enough. I'm glad he isn't exactly a popular character, hopefully they kill him off or throw him into limbo or turn him into a villain. He has nothing to add to Batman's group anyways

Arrow season 5 has been awesome. It reminds me so much of season 1. It's dark like season 1 was. Prometheus has been the best villain Arrow has had since Manu Bennett as Slade.

My favorite Arrow villain list goes like this.

1. Slade Wilson
    2. Prometheus
    3. Malcolm Merlyn
    4. Damian Darhk
    5. Ras Al Ghul

Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 LastLast