Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: The DC Universe Thread(Shows, Movies, etc etc...) *Potential Spoilers*

I used to watch the Static Shock cartoon as a kid, I absolutely enjoyed it!

I used to watch Batman the Brave and the Bold but I didn't like the design at all. Batman used to be so good back in the days.

Well I still believe Malcolm killed Sara but it looks like **** is gonna go seriously down in the coming episodes.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Arrow was incredible tonight! I loved every minute of Katrina Law being on the show, I think she plays a great Nyssa Al Ghul! Also, what's not to like about John Barrowman? I love it when he's on the show playing Malcom Merlyn. Malcolm seemed really sincere when he said he didn't kill Sara, but he could be lieing. I like it how we finally saw Ras Al Ghul at the end of the episode.
    Last edited by NintendoFan82; 30th October 2014 at 7:39 AM.

Just watched Episode 6 of Gotham. Probably one of the better ones so far, but still some problems. Seriously, are they actually trying to say that Batman was inspired by some Goat man, really? I am a little out of date, but I thought Batman was mixture of Zorro (Bruce's childhood hero and Bob Kane admitted he was an inspiration) and bats (Bruce's biggest fear).

And is it really necessary to shoehorn in Bruce, Alfred, and Selina into every episode. Especially since Ivy, the only one they cared enough and were stupid enough to rename, hasn't appeared since her first episode (I think. She might've appeared since then, but if she didn't it wasn't memorable) and Mooney wasn't in episode 5 so it's obvious they don't think every plot thread has to be in every last episode.

I also really dislike how they show The Riddler. I liked the idea of him being a member of the GCPD, but it just feels wasted. And what is the point of his 'running gag' with the riddles? The first time they appeared they were played with and subverted immediately. And in the newest episode he uses a third-grade riddle and messes it up! How do you screw up the classic Chicken, Fox, Bag of Beans (Or whatever vegetable you use, I've seen quite a few used in different variants) Riddle? He gave a solution where the farmer took two things with him in the boat, which gets rid of the riddle aspect because it's just: Take over Fox and Beans, drop them off, go back and grab the chicken. Admittedly the correct riddle isn't complicated (Which raises the question of why he is even using it, you think a riddle addict would've wasted that one the first time they had a conversation with someone) but it still uses some thought and has over twice as many steps (3 for Edward's screwed-up version, 7 for the proper one)

I feel like all I do is complain, but I really don't hate this show. I just don't find most of the good stuff good enough to talk about while the bad stuff really annoys me.

Well, I did find something good to talk about. Not in Gotham, but for DC Shows. I really like The Flash. It is really good so far.
    Last edited by CuriousHeartless; 31st October 2014 at 4:32 AM.

After seeing justice league war which was epic by the way, I feel that jon stewart as green lantern wont be good cause his personality is kinda like cyborg which Is already going to be in justice league. I am still hoipng for kyle Rayner so we can have a Hispanic superhero plus they will beat marvel to the punch in that. But if we need hal Jordan then I would go with Bradley cooper or chris pine but more Bradley cooper cause he just gives me that vibe for him.
    White 2 Friend code : 1508-0208-9881
    Pokémon X Friend Code: 0275-7830-7079
    Pokémon Omega Ruby Friend Code: 0275-7830-7079
    Pokemon Sun Friend Code:0275-7830-7079

I was a fan of Litten's Final Evolution before it was cool.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowF View Post
    After seeing justice league war which was epic by the way, I feel that jon stewart as green lantern wont be good cause his personality is kinda like cyborg which Is already going to be in justice league. I am still hoipng for kyle Rayner so we can have a Hispanic superhero plus they will beat marvel to the punch in that. But if we need hal Jordan then I would go with Bradley cooper or chris pine but more Bradley cooper cause he just gives me that vibe for him.
    or they could use the Simon Baz Green Lantern who has a Lebanese background

I kinda want Guy gardner, he is the best GL, and dont let anybody tell you otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by phanpycross View Post
    I kinda want Guy gardner, he is the best GL, and dont let anybody tell you otherwise.
    how can you say that with a straight face?

Quote Originally Posted by Cancer0081 View Post
    how can you say that with a straight face?
    Because it's a fact?

Guy gardner is the man, he dates a russian super-model, became a badass red lantern, and he has a man beard.

So recently Arrow is broadcast in my country and I got to watch the pilot episode, but unfortunately not all of it, but the most. It's not bad, but no good either. The pilot didn't leave me any memorable scenes, aside from renaming Star City as Starling City (which I disliked) and that's that. Hopefully the second episode's entertaining at least.

In terms of movies, Man of Steel was a failure for me, especially with that controversial ending which is a major NO-NO in Superman ethics. It's like they just decided to go with it to finish the movie in an epic scale and that's it. No, that Superman isn't the true Superman. True Superman doesn't kill.

Honestly, DC superhero shows or movies nowadays aren't as good as they once were. The company's last diamonds for me when it comes to live-action shows are Smallville and the Batman trilogy, period. Hopefully the movies and shows become better.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Truth View Post
    In terms of movies, Man of Steel was a failure for me, especially with that controversial ending which is a major NO-NO in Superman ethics. It's like they just decided to go with it to finish the movie in an epic scale and that's it. No, that Superman isn't the true Superman. True Superman doesn't kill.

Superman's also killed in the movies and Smallville spinoff comic too. The scene is much better than in past movies, because it shows Superman's grieving and anguish in the act; it will clearly build up Superman's role of not killing anyone in later movies.

Honestly, DC superhero shows or movies nowadays aren't as good as they once were. The company's last diamonds for me when it comes to live-action shows are Smallville and the Batman trilogy, period. Hopefully the movies and shows become better.
    That Batman trilogy was the only line of movies that WB released thematically as a CBM series in the past decade aside from Superman Returns and Green Lantern, which were both failures. But now that WB are finally building a connected DC cinematic universe like Marvel, things will definitely get better. Dawn of Justice, Wonder Woman and Suicide Squad in the next three years should hopefully prove that for you.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by I-am-the-peel; 1st November 2014 at 3:55 PM.
    If you're a fan of Agent Carter, Agents of SHIELD, Better Call Saul, Breaking Bad, DC Comics and Movies, Fear The Walking Dead, GTA, Heroes, Mass Effect or Saints Row, hit me up with a VM, I'm always eager to talk about things I like with fellow fans.

[IMG]http://i43.*******.com/nmgcc9.png[/IMG]
    Credit goes to AvengingAngel for the banner.

So recently Arrow is broadcast in my country and I got to watch the pilot episode, but unfortunately not all of it, but the most. It's not bad, but no good either. The pilot didn't leave me any memorable scenes, aside from renaming Star City as Starling City (which I disliked) and that's that. Hopefully the second episode's entertaining at least.

Arrow is a pretty average show for the first 10 episodes or so, after that it starts to hit it's stride, season 2 is a far improvement on season 1 too. You can see the lessons they learnt off Arrow when you compare the first few episodes of that with the flash.

speaking of the latter, the flash is really getting good now. I love how they're picking parts from the comics and making them into their own universe that fits in with the show.
    Last edited by Teebu; 1st November 2014 at 4:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikepiex7 View Post
    or they could use the Simon Baz Green Lantern who has a Lebanese background
    I would rather it be kyle Rayner for the first film vs hal Jordan(parallax) and then the second film we jon stewart, guy gardner and simon baz as people kyle Rayner recruits.
    White 2 Friend code : 1508-0208-9881
    Pokémon X Friend Code: 0275-7830-7079
    Pokémon Omega Ruby Friend Code: 0275-7830-7079
    Pokemon Sun Friend Code:0275-7830-7079

I was a fan of Litten's Final Evolution before it was cool.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowF View Post
    I would rather it be kyle Rayner for the first film vs hal Jordan(parallax) and then the second film we jon stewart, guy gardner and simon baz as people kyle Rayner recruits.
    Personally I want it to either be John Stewart, or Jessica Cruz, the new Power Ring whose joined the Justice League. No doubt she'll have her own arc where she becomes a new Green Lantern, and it'll mean the JL on the big screen isn't one big white sausage fest. More gender and racial diversity, and to cast her, I'd go with Jordana Brewster.

In terms of who I wanted by rank;

John>Jessica>Hal>Kyle>Guy>Simon

If the Rock wasn't playing Black Adam he'd make a great John Stewart. Otherwise I think Omari Hardwick would be good for the role.
    If you're a fan of Agent Carter, Agents of SHIELD, Better Call Saul, Breaking Bad, DC Comics and Movies, Fear The Walking Dead, GTA, Heroes, Mass Effect or Saints Row, hit me up with a VM, I'm always eager to talk about things I like with fellow fans.

Quote Originally Posted by I-am-the-peel View Post

Superman's also killed in the movies and Smallville spinoff comic too. The scene is much better than in past movies, because it shows Superman's grieving and anguish in the act; it will clearly build up Superman's role of not killing anyone in later movies.

That Batman trilogy was the only line of movies that WB released thematically as a CBM series in the past decade aside from Superman Returns and Green Lantern, which were both failures. But now that WB are finally building a connected DC cinematic universe like Marvel, things will definitely get better. Dawn of Justice, Wonder Woman and Suicide Squad in the next three years should hopefully prove that for you.
    That ending isn't the only reason I was disappointed of Man of Steel, it was also the choice of villains (Why Zod and not Lex Luthor, especially when the latter's Superman's arch-nemesis). I am really curious to see how they will connect Lex with Superman in Dawn of Justice, and still, has it been announced who's the villain of the movie yet? I heard something about Doomsday...

I am surprised that Suicide Squad is getting a movie, and less that Wonder Woman does. In the case of the latter, heck, about time she finally does. I am still crossing fingers though for how they will turn out.

And for the Smallville spin-off, which comic do you mean? that one released during the series' run or Season 11? I've only read the latter.
    Last edited by Hero of Truth; 2nd November 2014 at 12:01 AM.

That ending isn't the only reason I was disappointed of Man of Steel, it was also the choice of villains (Why Zod and not Lex Luthor, especially when the latter's Superman's arch-nemesis). I am really curious to see how they will connect Lex with Superman in Dawn of Justice, and still, has it been announced who's the villain of the movie yet? I heard something about Doomsday...

I am surprised that Suicide Squad is getting a movie, and less that Wonder Woman does. In the case of the latter, heck, about time she finally does. I am still crossing fingers though for how they will turn out.

And for the Smallville spin-off, which comic do you mean? that one released during the series' run or Season 11? I've only read the latter.
    They chose Zod because they needed someone who would be linked to Superman's origins - Of those villains there are only really General Zod, Brainiac and Darkseid if you're changing comic canon and having Darkseid destroy Krypton. They chose Zod because they're building up to Brainiac for the JL1 movie and Darkseid is in JL2. Lex will be in Dawn of Justice - The antagonists are Lex and Batman, no Doomsday. In the movie, Lex will have a similar role in the comics where he'll blame Superman for the destruction of Metropolis and be jealous of his power etc. whereas Batman will be drawn into the fight due to Luthor's manipulations as well as Brainiac's manipulation that will be revealed in JL1.

Still, Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor scares me; I don't normally look forward to movie specific versions of a CB character that are very different from how they are in the comics, sometimes it works (TDKR Bane) and sometimes it doesn't (GL's Parallax). As for SS, that movie is the only one I'm really looking forward to considering Will Smith, Tom Hardy, Ryan Gosling and Margot Robbie are rumoured to star in the movie, and David Ayer who did Fury this year is directing.

Quote Originally Posted by I-am-the-peel View Post
    They chose Zod because they needed someone who would be linked to Superman's origins - Of those villains there are only really General Zod, Brainiac and Darkseid if you're changing comic canon and having Darkseid destroy Krypton. They chose Zod because they're building up to Brainiac for the JL1 movie and Darkseid is in JL2. Lex will be in Dawn of Justice - The antagonists are Lex and Batman, no Doomsday. In the movie, Lex will have a similar role in the comics where he'll blame Superman for the destruction of Metropolis and be jealous of his power etc. whereas Batman will be drawn into the fight due to Luthor's manipulations as well as Brainiac's manipulation that will be revealed in JL1.

Still, Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor scares me; I don't normally look forward to movie specific versions of a CB character that are very different from how they are in the comics, sometimes it works (TDKR Bane) and sometimes it doesn't (GL's Parallax). As for SS, that movie is the only one I'm really looking forward to considering Will Smith, Tom Hardy, Ryan Gosling and Margot Robbie are rumoured to star in the movie, and David Ayer who did Fury this year is directing.
    Whoa! I had no idea that they were going to link the movies like that. If they do, I will be happy, as long there are epic battle scenes. Also looking forward to Darkseid's movie debut, that part got me curious. Still disappointed that we get no Doomsday though, I want that guy to appear in a movie so bad after seeing how well Smallville handled him.

I enjoyed the newest episode of Gotham that was a pretty good episode in my opinion.
    Last edited by NintendoFan82; 5th November 2014 at 5:02 AM.

I'm going to fess to never having watched the Justice League cartoon, but I'll never understand the John Stewart love. In the comics, he's easily the worst of the main Lanterns. He is just bland and not nearly as interesting.

My preference is Kyle, because he was the GL from the era I read the most DC books. He was the most human and the most entertaining.

Hal would be second. Ever since Rebirth, he's become a MUCH better character than he was in his classic run.

I'll go Guy third, I guess. He had some interesting stuff going on. It was neat having a hero who was just so much of a cocky a-hole.

John 4th. The last of the main Lanterns.

I don't know Simon or Jessica because New 52 is terrible, and I won't read it.
    Last edited by Sid87; 5th November 2014 at 2:49 PM.
    Serebii FanFiction 2014 Awards
    Co-Winner, Most Heartbreaking Story (Brothers' Bond)
    Co-Winner, Best Trainer Story (Brothers' Bond)
    Winner, Most Frightening Scene (Tales From The PokeDex)

HEROCHAT: A Pop Culture and Comic Book Discussion Forum!

FC: 3823-9867-2750

Kyle has the most interesting constructs while the other lanterns mostly just make simple stuff like a boxing glove.

Wow, Arrow was awesome tonight! I'm glad we finally got to watch a Felicity episode. The ending of the episode is crazy.

Roy!!!! WTF DID YOU DO <_<!!!!!
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

If Roy really did kill Sara it must of been because of the side effects of mirakuru. I still think someone else killed Sara honestly, but who knows.

If Roy did kill Sara, I'll just laugh. Who knows, maybe *someone* is still giving him mirakubu in concentrated doses, but he doesn't know it (Ra's al Ghul and the Lazarus Pit).

Still think it was the League that killed her, I have a theory that in trying to prove his loyalty to the League again after leaving and going rogue, Malcolm Merlyn killed Sara and set up Ollie for the fall. This would let him and Thea (Cheshire) get back in close with the al Ghuls, where he'll later betray them for whatever purpose (Perhaps he wants immortality for himself or Thea).

My main problem with this season so far is that there isn't a clear antagonist; I want it to either be Ra's al Ghul, the Count or Merlyn. Ra's as a mastermind and Merlyn as the direct antagonist who gets the jump on everyone.

Predictions for the end of the season:

- Laurel will have been engaged in a freak accident similar to the Particle Accelerator with Barry where she'll gain her canary cry, and will be the new Black Canary
    - Seeing that she will dedicate herself to being a hero, and that she understands him, Ollie and Laurel will try to make a go of things again
    - Detective Lance will die somepoint in the season, further cementing Laurel as a freelance hero with nothing to lose
    - Ra's will discover there is a lazarus pit hidden under Starling - which brings him directly there. As he bathes in it, he goes crazier and decides, to rid the city of it's vigilantes and corruption, it needs to be cleansed so he tries to flood the city by blowing up the pit. In the aftermath, the buildings are destroyed and the pit cleanses the soil of the ground, making it more fertile. Queen-Palmer Consolidated refurbish the city as Star City, with more of a forest-feel to it (Just like in the comics)
    - Malcolm will be arrested in Ollie's Supermax, or he'll be dead. Thea will go off and try to be her own hitgirl for hire
    - Roy and Thea will have already reunited previously, and Thea will be revealed pregnant in the finale with his child
    - Ra's will be presumed dead at the end and Nyssa will be the new ruler of the League - more bloodthirsty than ever but with her own new code
    - Waller will be set up to become more of an antagonist to the Arrow Family
    - Roy will set off to find Thea, and also become his own hero - He falls out with the Arrow family for not being able to trust him after the Mirakubu and whether he'd betray them to the League to be with Thea (Potentially this would set up the Teen Titans show)
    - Oliver's long lost son hinted from season 2 will make an appearance as Connor Hawke - He'll be the one to encourage Oliver that he'll always have a reason to still be Oliver Queen and not just the Arrow. Oliver will decide he can't let his precious son be involved in his crusade and so decides that he'll have to take risks with his identity regardless and will be himself. Whilst Olicity have the talk on that at the end and say that the day they become together is approaching, they agree it would be wrong to get together so suddenly and that Laurel needs someone to be with her until she regains herself again.
    - Ray Palmer and Oliver will go into business together - they'll own a piece of Queen-Palmer Consolidated. Palmer leaves Star City to manage the new branches in other cities - Cue an appearance on Flash where he will become The Atom

If all that happens in say 21 episodes...This will be a great season of Arrow, like always.
    Last edited by I-am-the-peel; 6th November 2014 at 6:38 PM.

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast