Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: The DC Universe Thread(Shows, Movies, etc etc...) *Potential Spoilers*

Wow that was such an awesome episode of Arrow, getting to delve into the mysterious past of Lady Smoak was amazing, what a fantastically talented actress Emily Bett-Rickards is. The bad guy was so scripted it was painfully obvious yet i still enjoyed it, and to see Felicity's 6 sit ups pay off when she smacked him was beautifully rewarding though i think Oliver dodging the 3 motion senor automatic guns was a bit OTT. Roy's look of amazement as he it the RPG with an Arrow was so great to see, really looked like he never expected that to happen ever XD I love his character, in a world of heroism having a rookie around is always great fun

The scenes between Mama Smoak and Ray Palmer cracked me up something rotten, Brandon Routh's delivery in those scenes was first class, he's a funny guy for sure. We all wish we had a boss letting people have "sick days" like that and diggle carrying the baby around and wanting to take her to the Arrow cave... SO awesome

I cant believe that ending with Roy, there's more to it than that, it's never that simple when it comes to Arrow. Ra's al ghul is definitely involved, i just can't put my finger on it!

pretty good episode 8/10. roll on the rest of the season

Quote Originally Posted by Teebu View Post
    Wow that was such an awesome episode of Arrow, getting to delve into the mysterious past of Lady Smoak was amazing, what a fantastically talented actress Emily Bett-Rickards is. The bad guy was so scripted it was painfully obvious yet i still enjoyed it, and to see Felicity's 6 sit ups pay off when she smacked him was beautifully rewarding
    Well actually Sara taught Felicity how to defend herself and she basically used the same maneuver she used on Slade back in Season 2.
    Anyone catch the reference?

She also visited the boyfriend in prison just before he "died".
    Also about Roy, I'm pretty sure he's just having cognitive dissonance or he was being used somehow without him realizing. Maybe guilt over the cop he killed which will be addressed soon. This is Ra's al Ghul we're dealing with now after all.
    Last edited by Skiks; 7th November 2014 at 5:18 AM.

Twin: PhQnix Bishie: Kurapica Cartoon Bishie: Freakazoid Pair: Leona

Samba Dinos don't need context.
    Last FM

The only DC show I've been watching is Flash,

The only movie I have interest in is Lego Batman.

White 2 Friend code : 1508-0208-9881
    Pokémon X Friend Code: 0275-7830-7079
    Pokémon Omega Ruby Friend Code: 0275-7830-7079
    Pokemon Sun Friend Code:0275-7830-7079

I was a fan of Litten's Final Evolution before it was cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoruagible View Post
    The only DC show I've been watching is Flash,

The only movie I have interest in is Lego Batman.
    You should totally give Arrow a shot, it's pretty amazing really.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowF View Post
    Ugh...

I really do not know what to make of this. I originally suspected they were eyeing Ryan Gosling for the role of Deadshot - But Joker? It's way too soon for the Joker after TDK, especially since the Joker's role is going to be a bit random now in Suicide Squad. Obviously they are using the animated film as inspiration for this movie, that's both good and bad.

It's also being reported on the set of Dawn of Justice that one of Aquaman's Outsider team-mates, Kahina, will make an appearance in Dawn of Justice. There's apparently a tweet of a photo of a small van where the star is residing, with her character's name on the door. Sounds like at this point in the film, Aquaman will have already left Atlantis, met Lois and formed the Outsiders. Hmm...

Zoruagible, you should definitely give Arrow a go, just watch season 2 as it's the best season so far. Season 1 got off to a rough start, and there are a lot of weird fillers in early season 2, but it just gets really intense and amazing once Slade returns. Gotham is also pretty good too, Bullock's and Penguin's actors blow me away.
    If you're a fan of Agent Carter, Agents of SHIELD, Better Call Saul, Breaking Bad, DC Comics and Movies, Fear The Walking Dead, GTA, Heroes, Mass Effect or Saints Row, hit me up with a VM, I'm always eager to talk about things I like with fellow fans.

[IMG]http://i43.*******.com/nmgcc9.png[/IMG]
    Credit goes to AvengingAngel for the banner.

The newest Flash episode was really good! We got our first look at Gorilla Grodd!

Spoiler:- Here's my friend codes for PS4, Xbox One and 3DS:

Just watched Gotham Episode 8 and Flash Episode 5.

Flash is a good show and this was a good episode. Kind of a disappointment that Plastique was killed off in the same episode she premiered in. Although am I the only one annoyed by him being called 'The Blur'. In Arrow, it makes sense for Oliver to be called Hood because he wore a hood and resembled Robin Hood. But with Barry, they could have had people come up with The Flash just as easily as The Blur because he goes by 'in a flash'. Especially since, as far as I can tell, Iris was the one who came up with the moniker in-universe, so if she came up with The Flash and then Barry decided to use that it would be a nice little thing.

Gotham is...decent. I'll probably keep watching until the first season ends. James seems a bit...overly into destroying corruption in Gotham. Yes, it is a good goal, but he doesn't seem to think anything through or try to be intelligent about it. Young Bruce seems a bit (read: very) psychotic and Alfred may deserve a 'Worst Guardian of the Year' award with how he's handling the whole thing. The Selina subplot still seems just a bit forced to be in as many episodes as possible while advancing as slow as possible. It might be me, but they also seem to have no idea how to use Edward so they just keep throwing him in hoping he'll be comedy relief without being funny. Can he just crack and become The Riddler already? Really the only thing I can consistently say I like is Oswald.

Yay for Thomas Elliot appearance! Also, Black Mask's father? With Sionis Industries exposed, this could lead to the company's downfall. Maybe Wayne Industries buys it, and you've got Roman hating Bruce like in the comics.

There's no need to rush Batman's villains. Bruce hasn't even left Gotham yet. I'd like a Timeskip later down the line. Maybe on the third or fourth season, have Bruce finally leave, and that's when you finally establish the villains to what they'll eventually become when Batman starts his first year.

How hype were you when it happened? Also poor Roy.

Last FM

Quote Originally Posted by Skiks View Post

How hype were you when it happened? Also poor Roy.
    I was thrilled when I saw that! I was hoping we would see a boxing glove arrow eventually!

Spoiler:- Here's my friend codes for PS4, Xbox One and 3DS:

so steven ammel is upset at dc not putting grant Austin as the flash for their movies. do you guys think the tv universe and movie univers should be connected like marvel or be separate universes?

so steven ammel is upset at dc not putting grant Austin as the flash for their movies. do you guys think the tv universe and movie univers should be connected like marvel or be separate universes?
    They can be separate and connected at the same time. Thats why we have multiverses in DC and Crises on Infinite Earth style events. Keep in mind TV verse Flash seems to disappear in 2024 in a Crisis.

Last FM

I think they should be connected one way, as in the TV stuff goes to the movies(if they add Green Arrow to the Justice League), the movie stuff doesn't really need to come onto the shows since they have such great plots and ratings anyways that they don't need the boost.
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

He isn't upset exactly, just disappointed as he thinks the world of Grant Gustin. There are a lot of people theorising that the TVUniverse and DCCU represent different universes within the Multiverse and eventually they'll be a movie where they briefly meet but....I just don't see it happening. The TVUniverse is doing tremendously well on it's own feet without the influence of movies and I'd like it to stay that way - I don't want it to end up like SHIELD where it relies on every plot point in the movies and tries to rehash them pitifully, let the shows stand on their own grounds and do their own thing.
    If you're a fan of Agent Carter, Agents of SHIELD, Better Call Saul, Breaking Bad, DC Comics and Movies, Fear The Walking Dead, GTA, Heroes, Mass Effect or Saints Row, hit me up with a VM, I'm always eager to talk about things I like with fellow fans.

Quote Originally Posted by I-am-the-peel View Post
    There are a lot of people theorising that the TVUniverse and DCCU represent different universes within the Multiverse and eventually they'll be a movie where they briefly meet but....I just don't see it happening. The TVUniverse is doing tremendously well on it's own feet without the influence of movies and I'd like it to stay that way - I don't want it to end up like SHIELD where it relies on every plot point in the movies and tries to rehash them pitifully, let the shows stand on their own grounds and do their own thing.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but The Flash 2014 is set on or based on Earth-One right?

MOS universe is definitely a brand new universe in the DC realm.

Quote Originally Posted by CMDShift4 View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but The Flash 2014 is set on or based on Earth-One right?

MOS universe is definitely a brand new universe in the DC realm.
    There hasn't been anything to suggest really that the TV show is set in Earth One or any universe no., which is why I'm having trouble assessing where exactly people are getting the idea from. In the comics, Jay Garrick's Flash was initially from Earth One, and Barry was from Earth Two, but this was over sixty years ago before the new 52 rebooted everything; now it is likely all the characters will just be connected together in one universe.

If they do indeed do a multiverse, I'll be happy, but only if it's just an easter egg, I don't want to see Arrow characters on the big screen and vice versa.

Yeah the MOS universe is definitely a new universe, people collectively refer to it as the start of the grand DCCU - DC Cinematic Universe. This DCCU will have Cavil's Superman, Affleck's Batman, Gadot's Wonder Woman, Miller's Flash, Momoa's Aquaman and Fisher's Cyborg all joining up to fight Brainiac (Likely, heavily rumoured, would make sense) in the Justice League movie.

Btw, who does everyone want for Green Lantern in their casting? Bear in mind Reynolds doesn't want to return, Chris Pine doesnt' want to do anymore big movie franchises and Jensen Ackles is a tad too old. My pick would personally either be Ryan Gosling or Dave Franco.

Dat Flash ending stinger. Lighting man in a yellow suit here we go.

Last FM

I don't think Jensen Ackles is a bit too old for Green Lantern. In fact, Ryan Reynolds is actually older than Jensen Ackles.

I'd love to have Jensen Ackles play Green Lantern.
    And you questioned my sanity. My Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    if Arceus is the Alpha Pokemon

wouldn't Mega Arceus be

the O-Mega Pokemon

I don't want to see Arrow characters on the big screen and vice versa.
    I personally would like to see Amell in that JL movie but of course it seems unlikely. Although I'm still hoping that they'd use him even though they won't acknowledge the Arrow universe. What I would like DC to do here is that while they show Amell as Arrow, Amell from the movies belongs in DCU universe and not from the Arrow universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Autis-misc View Post
    I don't think Jensen Ackles is a bit too old for Green Lantern. In fact, Ryan Reynolds is actually older than Jensen Ackles.

I'd love to have Jensen Ackles play Green Lantern.
    I agree, but given WB are going with a 22 year old Barry Allen Flash, and since they're a close age in the new 52, I think Snyder will probably cast someone closer to that age, around 22-32. Ackles would be great but I think at 36 he's too old.

Quote Originally Posted by CMDShift4 View Post
    I personally would like to see Amell in that JL movie but of course it seems unlikely. Although I'm still hoping that they'd use him even though they won't acknowledge the Arrow universe. What I would like DC to do here is that while they show Amell as Arrow, Amell from the movies belongs in DCU universe and not from the Arrow universe.
    It's sad because if there was ever a standalone live action Green Arrow movie, Amell would be the perfect casting but I just don't want the Arrowverse and DCCU to clash because both have a lot of pros and cons that wouldn't really help the other. What could be a good idea is to have the new Arrow in the movie be cast, then in his origin on the island, have Amell take Yiu Fai's place as the original arrow and train him on the island. That'd be pretty cool, sort of like passing the mantle down would be great.

It's sad because if there was ever a standalone live action Green Arrow movie, Amell would be the perfect casting but I just don't want the Arrowverse and DCCU to clash because both have a lot of pros and cons that wouldn't really help the other. What could be a good idea is to have the new Arrow in the movie be cast, then in his origin on the island, have Amell take Yiu Fai's place as the original arrow and train him on the island. That'd be pretty cool, sort of like passing the mantle down would be great.
    Yes, that what I was saying. It's like a mirror to the character that Amell plays on Arrow. Kinda like an alternate universe character. Amell really looked good playing as Oliver Queen being a suave and smart yet a hard hitting character.

Dat Atom suit doe .

so here is the people for the suicide squad film! http://variety.com/2014/film/news/su...ot-1201368867/

do you guys like the choices they made for the cast?

That crossover though ^_^ <3!!!! Seriously seeing Barry vs Oliver was freaking awesome, plus it was great to see the teams combine. Poor Iris though, I felt so sad when her and the Flash spoke at the end ...

Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast