Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: The DC Universe Thread(Shows, Movies, etc etc...) *Potential Spoilers*

Well Constantine is pretty much over now unless it gets renewed. Nothing was resolved and we were left with a cliffhanger end. Since it wasn't going to be renewed they even let him do some actual chain smoking. It could be picked up for another season but for now we don't know if it will.

Twin: PhQnix Bishie: Kurapica Cartoon Bishie: Freakazoid Pair: Leona

Samba Dinos don't need context.
    Last FM

I just catched up with the latest DC TV-verse's episodes today. Am I the only one who is compelled at Gotham right now? I like how Gotham shows you the many familiar names in Batman characters and re-tell their origins. I also like the idea of having Bruce Wayne remain as a youngster but focus on the mafia and police department part of the show. It feels they really made another DC series that gives the audience the familiarity to Batman and his villains while it was told on Jim Gordon's point of view and experience. It felt Gotham as an alternative compared to the superhero-vibe that the shows from CW is giving us. DC giving us a show about Jim Gordon played by Ben McKenzie becomes an interesting character to root for whenever he tries his best to bring his ideals and morale on a time when Batman was not even introduced to the world while nutjobs running aroung and mafia lords ever since has been on control. I am really compelled on how this supposedly "mafia war" will head into.

I heard rumors of NBC sending Constantine to Syfy, is this true. I don't want Constantine gone since I like Ryan's performance on the character. I like how DC made to air a show about the my stic and occult side of theirs. Hope the rumor is true.

Flash vs Reverse Flash was one of the BEST superhero fights I've seen on a TV series for a long time. That's just me but I still smile whenever I remember that episode. Oh and this is Colton Haynes (aka Red Arrow/Arsenal in Arrow) singing -> www.youtube.com/watch?v=yI7NOGmPN6c
    Last edited by CMDShift4; 15th February 2015 at 10:02 PM.

^ I love Gotham! I watch Arrow, The Flash, and Gotham. Eventually I will watch Constantine.

Last night I watched the newest episode of Gotham, and I was really impressed with Cameron Monaghans performance as kid Joker! That performance was outstanding.

Spoiler:- Here's my friend codes for PS4, Xbox One and 3DS:

We have our first look at Jason Momoa as Aquaman! Hawaiian-Samoan Aquaman YEAH! It's a shame Khal Drogo didn't live that long, but he's gonna live through a few films with this one. HYPE HYPE HYPE!

Jason Momoa will do great as Aquaman! The hype is real!

Spoiler:- Here's my friend codes for PS4, Xbox One and 3DS:

He looks beyond badass and the tattoos are an interesting touch. My main problem however is that his hair isn't blonde - Say what you will, but being blonde was formerly an integral part of the Aquaman mythos and was what made him iconic. It really frustrates me that with the current cast for the Justice League, they're all black haired people - why no love for blondes/red heads/gingers/brunettes? Flash and Aquaman are iconic for being blonde, at least one of them should be blonde. I see as well Momoa is playing the same generic barbarian character he always plays.

Overall, if this was a movie character that wasn't called 'Aquaman', then I'd say he looked great and I'd watch the hell outta this, but the fact this is supposed to be Aquaman is a tad annoying. Why can't they just take the current comics' version of Aquaman and just use that? That version looks awesome enough in its own right and isn't a joke, and actually looks like Aquaman. I'm sure I'll be dazzled to see Momoa as Aquaman on screen and all, but this just doesn't feel like Aquaman to me.
    If you're a fan of Agent Carter, Agents of SHIELD, Better Call Saul, Breaking Bad, DC Comics and Movies, Fear The Walking Dead, GTA, Heroes, Mass Effect or Saints Row, hit me up with a VM, I'm always eager to talk about things I like with fellow fans.

[IMG]http://i43.*******.com/nmgcc9.png[/IMG]
    Credit goes to AvengingAngel for the banner.

Quote Originally Posted by I-am-the-peel View Post
    He looks beyond badass and the tattoos are an interesting touch. My main problem however is that his hair isn't blonde - Say what you will, but being blonde was formerly an integral part of the Aquaman mythos and was what made him iconic. It really frustrates me that with the current cast for the Justice League, they're all black haired people - why no love for blondes/red heads/gingers/brunettes? Flash and Aquaman are iconic for being blonde, at least one of them should be blonde. I see as well Momoa is playing the same generic barbarian character he always plays.

Overall, if this was a movie character that wasn't called 'Aquaman', then I'd say he looked great and I'd watch the hell outta this, but the fact this is supposed to be Aquaman is a tad annoying. Why can't they just take the current comics' version of Aquaman and just use that? That version looks awesome enough in its own right and isn't a joke, and actually looks like Aquaman. I'm sure I'll be dazzled to see Momoa as Aquaman on screen and all, but this just doesn't feel like Aquaman to me.
    Well the pic is not the colored version just like the Batman and Wonder Woman one they released.So those white parts in his hair may actually be blonde.

So they casted a barbarian as a king, that's neat >_>

Prolly shouldnt have expected more from the "Snyder Version" of aquaman....

Aquaman was created as fair-skinned and light-haired because there was no other kind of superhero in 1941, at least on the count of the former. It makes so much more sense for a version of the character - and that's all it is, because DC probably isn't going to alter the current comics to make Arthur Polynesian suddenly - to be more "tribal", more based on cultures that worshipped and traveled and harvested the sea; literally, as close to real-life "people of the water" as there are. That this happens to align with Jason Momoa's racial heritage doesn't hurt but it would make sense even if that weren't the case.

I'm aware that at one point Arthur's blond hair was written as an in-universe reason that he was cast out of Atlantis as a child and abandoned, but that's an effect, not a cause. And then independent of all of this entirely, aside from the hair color and maybe the tattoos, the design is basically a perfect late 1990s "barbarian king" Aquaman, so let's not pretend the look came out of nowhere.

But no, that's fine, let's keep complaining that "the hair color is wrong" or that they "cast a barbarian as a king."

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Aquaman was created as fair-skinned and light-haired because there was no other kind of superhero in 1941, at least on the count of the former. It makes so much more sense for a version of the character - and that's all it is, because DC probably isn't going to alter the current comics to make Arthur Polynesian suddenly - to be more "tribal", more based on cultures that worshipped and traveled and harvested the sea; literally, as close to real-life "people of the water" as there are. That this happens to align with Jason Momoa's racial heritage doesn't hurt but it would make sense even if that weren't the case.

I'm aware that at one point Arthur's blond hair was written as an in-universe reason that he was cast out of Atlantis as a child and abandoned, but that's an effect, not a cause. And then independent of all of this entirely, aside from the hair color and maybe the tattoos, the design is basically a perfect late 1990s "barbarian king" Aquaman, so let's not pretend the look came out of nowhere.

But no, that's fine, let's keep complaining that "the hair color is wrong" or that they "cast a barbarian as a king."
    I dont care about hair color tbh, it's such a minor thing that changes nothing about the character. This guy just doesnt seem aquaman tho, he's looks like a savage, not a noble king. The tats are kind of a neat touch, heck, aqualad even had those glowing ones in Young Justice, so Im not surprised. They kept the scalemale and the belt, the only two things they needed to keep, so his astetics are fine IMO.

I just hate the fact that a character I love have to be chaned to be "Cool", when he really doesnt need it.

Quote Originally Posted by phanpycross View Post
    This guy just doesnt seem aquaman tho, he's looks like a savage, not a noble king.
    And that's fine but remember that was a good ten years of the character's history, and perhaps not coincidentally, those ten years where that aesthetic informed the character happened to align with one of the Justice League's most prolific eras of the recent past. "Barbarian king" Aquaman - with the pauldron armor, the long hair, the beard, and yes, the hook for a hand - is as legitimate a component of the character's history as is Batman's decade-plus of brightly-colored sci-fi adventures that otherwise seem severely incongruous with the rest of the character.

-----
    Words to|live by

And that's fine but remember that was a good ten years of the character's history, and perhaps not coincidentally, those ten years where that aesthetic informed the character happened to align with one of the Justice League's most prolific eras of the recent past. "Barbarian king" Aquaman - with the pauldron armor, the long hair, the beard, and yes, the hook for a hand - is as legitimate a component of the character's history as is Batman's decade-plus of brightly-colored sci-fi adventures that otherwise seem severely incongruous with the rest of the character.
    But would you really wish to see that appear on screen in regards to Batman? Would you be happy for WB to decide the Adam West era Batman was the most financially and popular version of Batman to date, and so incorporated the grey-blue and silly Batman on screen? I can guarantee thousands wouldn't.

I like the amount of depth and detail that has been put into the costume - how well linked it is to Hawaiian and Polynesian culture - but the character just looks nothing like Aquaman beyond the ragged hair and belt buckle. All I hope for is that there are some blonde streaks in his hair and for his New 52 origin to be retained.

That being said, I have to add as well, that the current incarnation of the Justice League that we've seen so far, looks far more badass and intimidating than the Avengers do. In comparison, the Avengers look like action figures.
    If you're a fan of Agent Carter, Agents of SHIELD, Better Call Saul, Breaking Bad, DC Comics and Movies, Fear The Walking Dead, GTA, Heroes, Mass Effect or Saints Row, hit me up with a VM, I'm always eager to talk about things I like with fellow fans.

But would you really wish to see that appear on screen in regards to Batman? Would you be happy for WB to decide the Adam West era Batman was the most financially and popular version of Batman to date, and so incorporated the grey-blue and silly Batman on screen? I can guarantee thousands wouldn't.

I like the amount of depth and detail that has been put into the costume - how well linked it is to Hawaiian and Polynesian culture - but the character just looks nothing like Aquaman beyond the ragged hair and belt buckle. All I hope for is that there are some blonde streaks in his hair and for his New 52 origin to be retained.

That being said, I have to add as well, that the current incarnation of the Justice League that we've seen so far, looks far more badass and intimidating than the Avengers do. In comparison, the Avengers look like action figures.
    As far as I've seen on comic book movie websites, the center for comic book lovers to unite to discuss this very topic, A LOT of them (maybe the majority) want to see this Batman with a grey and blue suit. No one said they want the kookiness of Adam West necessarily, but they don't want a black suit.

You are just focusing far too hard on the look, as most do. What's funny to me is that you're clamoring for diversity because of a hair color, after they changed Aquaman's race, and you complain about his hair (WHICH PROBABLY HAS BLOND STREAKS). Honestly, it looks like Snyder is trying pretty hard to address all of the complaints and demands and he still gets **** on. What you need to do is wait to see if Aquaman has the right personality/powers. Changing those things are viable reasons to complain.

Also, let's leave the Marvel bashing out of this thread. It's unwarranted and immature.

Black Lives Matter

Quote Originally Posted by SlowPokeBroKing View Post
    As far as I've seen on comic book movie websites, the center for comic book lovers to unite to discuss this very topic, A LOT of them (maybe the majority) want to see this Batman with a grey and blue suit. No one said they want the kookiness of Adam West necessarily, but they don't want a black suit.

You are just focusing far too hard on the look, as most do. What's funny to me is that you're clamoring for diversity because of a hair color, after they changed Aquaman's race, and you complain about his hair (WHICH PROBABLY HAS BLOND STREAKS). Honestly, it looks like Snyder is trying pretty hard to address all of the complaints and demands and he still gets **** on. What you need to do is wait to see if Aquaman has the right personality/powers. Changing those things are viable reasons to complain.

Also, let's leave the Marvel bashing out of this thread. It's unwarranted and immature.
    You know what I meant when I said the Adam west suit - flamboyant grey and blue with the yellow circled bat symbol. That's what I was trying to get at - people today are getting used to the current new 52 versions of the characters and DC are adjusting to all complaints over that series and the costumes there - surely it would make more sense to follow suit? Take Batfleck for example - not everyone enjoys Dark Knight Returns or the outfit there - so clearly fan reception will be divided as a result.

If his hair has blonde streaks, then that's fine. I'm all for diversity, but I just want the characters to actually LOOK LIKE the characters. This Aquaman barely just resembles the Viking Aquaman. But like I said, if he has blonde streaks then I'll let it slide.

Look, I respect you don't want bashing and I'll leave it out after this post but c'mon, you're not a mod so don't demand for things like that.

Look, I respect you don't want bashing and I'll leave it out after this post but c'mon, you're not a mod so don't demand for things like that.
    I'm not demanding it. I'm just saying it's ridiculous. DC does not automatically equal anti-Marvel. If you want to bash Marvel, create a thread where people actually want to read it.

Black Lives Matter

Wasn't bashing Marvel in the Marvel thread enough? You don't have to do it here too.

You know what I meant when I said the Adam west suit - flamboyant grey and blue with the yellow circled bat symbol. That's what I was trying to get at - people today are getting used to the current new 52 versions of the characters and DC are adjusting to all complaints over that series and the costumes there - surely it would make more sense to follow suit? Take Batfleck for example - not everyone enjoys Dark Knight Returns or the outfit there - so clearly fan reception will be divided as a result.

If his hair has blonde streaks, then that's fine. I'm all for diversity, but I just want the characters to actually LOOK LIKE the characters. This Aquaman barely just resembles the Viking Aquaman. But like I said, if he has blonde streaks then I'll let it slide.

This is my thread though and I specifically said in the first post to follow all rules and be respectful of each others opinions.

He was completely correct in what he said. This thread has nothing to do with Marvel so bashing them isn't contributing to anything.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Barely resembles?Other than the hair colour and the extra hand,and the added clothes he looks exactly like JLA Aquaman.

From what I've heard, I don't watch DC movies. I like Young Justice and Teen Titans was the show that shaped me as a kid. It's one of my Big 3, along with Futurama and Doctor Who
    Favorite Generation: V
    Favorite Pokemon per generation: Mewtwo, Jirachi, Giratina, Ferrothorn, Klefki
    Favorite type: Water
    Favorite team: Plasma
    Most recent shiny: (HG Soft Reset)

Quote Originally Posted by RedJirachi View Post
    From what I've heard, I don't watch DC movies.
    "From what you've heard"...?

-----
    Words to|live by

"From what you've heard"...?
    It's their horribly worded way of saying they don't watch DC movies because the reviews are so bad.

Black Lives Matter

Alright DC fans;

Who would you cast as Green Lantern and Shazam?

Alright DC fans;

Who would you cast as Green Lantern and Shazam?
    Tom hanks as Green lantern, John cena as Shazam.

Honey boo boo for Harley quinn.

Quote Originally Posted by phanpycross View Post
    Tom hanks as Green lantern, John cena as Shazam.

Honey boo boo for Harley quinn.

Tom Hanks was actually one of my picks for Lex Luthor. If we get a Green Lantern, he'll probably be aged 25 - 40. Based on the actor's saying whether they'd do a superhero movie or not, I'm going with Jake Gyllenhaal as Hal, David Oyelowo for John and Joe Manganiello for Shazam.

Tom Hanks was actually one of my picks for Lex Luthor. If we get a Green Lantern, he'll probably be aged 25 - 40. Based on the actor's saying whether they'd do a superhero movie or not, I'm going with Jake Gyllenhaal as Hal, David Oyelowo for John and Joe Manganiello for Shazam.
    Patrick Warburton for Shazam if he's cool with bulking up and Taylor Kitsch for Hal.

Black Lives Matter

Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast