Page 72 of 74 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374 LastLast
Results 1,776 to 1,800 of 1839

Thread: All Dragon Ball Discussion Thread (Discuss Z/GT/Kai etc. Here!)

  1. #1776
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    411

    Default

    Waits for Jiren vs Superman/Saitama matchups*





  2. #1777
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    ?
    Posts
    4,525

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Red and Blue View Post
    So people are theorizing that Frieza could be atrempting to heal Goku by giving him some energy. Seems a bit out of character, which I felt was the case when he gave energy for the Spirit Bomb.
    I'm surprised he could donate energy, considering he's technically not alive to donate life energy. As for why he was donating energy, it's probably to gain trust. If he doesn't end up getting the Super Dragonballs, they're the only shot he has at living again
    Favorite Generation: V
    Favorite Pokemon per generation:
    Favorite type: Water
    Favorite team: Plasma
    Most recent shiny: (X Friend Safari)

  3. #1778
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In my own personal bubble
    Posts
    605

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PokemonBattleFanatic- View Post
    Waits for Jiren vs Superman/Saitama matchups*
    After this, I'd say he's definitely more Saitama than Superman. I'm thinking of the bit where Goku hits him with a Super Saiyan 2 kick to the head and he just shifts it slightly, that's Saitama levels of nonchalance. Also his...horrifying facial expression at the end when he blocks Goku's punch was drawn like when Saitama gets serious in the manga.

    I've rewatched the special a couple of times and I still can't get over how good Ultra Instinct is. Like, easily the best new form/technique since Super Saiyan 2. It changes the dynamic of the fights, the theories and inspirations behind it (hello Bruce Lee) are interesting and it's not Saiyan-exclusive! Although Vegeta is the only regular who's anywhere near obtaining it, theoretically anyone could learn it.

    My only concern is if it becomes a regular thing it may not live up to the majesty of the first appearance. This episode had a huge talent pool of animators behind it, and on a smaller scale episode, they might not be able to adequately convey the difference between it and a normal Super Saiyan form.
    3DS Friend Code: 3265-6486-6600. We're all mates, right?

  4. #1779
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    1,585

    Default

    And that isn't the final version of it. The poster had him shirtless, as well as a fiercer look on his face.


    Former Lieutenant of Squad 7.
    Thank you for the memories, Bleach Club

    Claimed Blaziken - Pokemon Diamond - Ike

  5. #1780
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    ?
    Posts
    4,525

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kataphrut View Post
    After this, I'd say he's definitely more Saitama than Superman. I'm thinking of the bit where Goku hits him with a Super Saiyan 2 kick to the head and he just shifts it slightly, that's Saitama levels of nonchalance. Also his...horrifying facial expression at the end when he blocks Goku's punch was drawn like when Saitama gets serious in the manga.

    I've rewatched the special a couple of times and I still can't get over how good Ultra Instinct is. Like, easily the best new form/technique since Super Saiyan 2. It changes the dynamic of the fights, the theories and inspirations behind it (hello Bruce Lee) are interesting and it's not Saiyan-exclusive! Although Vegeta is the only regular who's anywhere near obtaining it, theoretically anyone could learn it.

    My only concern is if it becomes a regular thing it may not live up to the majesty of the first appearance. This episode had a huge talent pool of animators behind it, and on a smaller scale episode, they might not be able to adequately convey the difference between it and a normal Super Saiyan form.
    I wouldn't say Jiren is Saitama because he's meant to be serious. There seems more Superman in his DNA than Saitama, though with a lot of Sentai there. Though he certainly reminds me of Saitama in certain occasions, like Maji Kayo. One punch man? Try No Punch Man. He can knock the wind out of people with WIND.

    I wonder how Hit is supposed to stand a modicum of chance against him
    Favorite Generation: V
    Favorite Pokemon per generation:
    Favorite type: Water
    Favorite team: Plasma
    Most recent shiny: (X Friend Safari)

  6. #1781

    Default

    Yeah Hit won't stand a chance against this guy.
    Frieza's creepy face definitely feels like a troll move to make us think he's about to blast Goku, but I guess it's pretty obvious what he's planning to do.
    ~Sailor Saturn~

  7. #1782
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,282

    Default

    I'm not so sure about that. Jobbing Hit to Jiren after already jobbing Goku to Jiren doesn't really make any narrative sense. I reckon they'll pull out some more of Hit's improvement and some of his unique skills to actually make the fight cool. I'm not saying he'll win, but I can't see him go down in a completely one-sided fight. Hit's far too popular to just discard like that, they haven't really done much with him this arc yet.

  8. #1783
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    ?
    Posts
    4,525

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokegirl Fan~ View Post
    Yeah Hit won't stand a chance against this guy.
    Frieza's creepy face definitely feels like a troll move to make us think he's about to blast Goku, but I guess it's pretty obvious what he's planning to do.
    Then why isn't he being owned in the previews?
    Favorite Generation: V
    Favorite Pokemon per generation:
    Favorite type: Water
    Favorite team: Plasma
    Most recent shiny: (X Friend Safari)

  9. #1784
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In my own personal bubble
    Posts
    605

    Default

    Funny thing about the previews: even though it looks like Hit is being owned, Jiren seems to be exerting himself against him way more than he did with Goku, even at Ultra Instinct. Also, there is a shot where it looks like one of Hit's attacks connected.

    Hit fights by targeting pressure points. Simply landing a blow on Jiren would weaken him immensely. Even if Hit loses, I reckon he'll be the one that brings Jiren down to the point where he can be beaten.
    3DS Friend Code: 3265-6486-6600. We're all mates, right?

  10. #1785
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    411

    Default

    It would be interesting to see how Jiren would fair against Goku & Vegeta both w/ Ultra Instict better yet both fused together with the power of Ultra Instinct.





  11. #1786
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    411

    Default

    I still think SSJ4 Gogeta is the most OP character in all of Dragon Ball even if he's not canon.





  12. #1787
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Tropical Resort
    Posts
    4,176

    Default

    Let's not forget Hit can just, get stronger, on a whim in response to stronger opponents. He displayed that with his fight with Goku in the U6 arc, and there's no reason he can't do the same here with Jiren unless Jiren doesn't prolong the fight, but it looks like he is.

    Wii U NNID: SonicBoom93

  13. #1788
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    ?
    Posts
    4,525

    Default

    How strong do you think angels are compared to gods of destruction?
    Favorite Generation: V
    Favorite Pokemon per generation:
    Favorite type: Water
    Favorite team: Plasma
    Most recent shiny: (X Friend Safari)

  14. #1789
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Posts
    964

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RedJirachi View Post
    How strong do you think angels are compared to gods of destruction?
    I was always thinking that the power difference between Whis and Beerus applies for every other servant-GoD duo.

  15. #1790
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In my own personal bubble
    Posts
    605

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RedJirachi View Post
    How strong do you think angels are compared to gods of destruction?
    Quite a lot stronger I'd say. Ultra Instinct is something the GoDs struggle with, but the Angels can pull off effortlessly. By that metric, I would imagine that Goku and Jiren are a rung or two above the GoDs on the ladder, but still well below the angels and the Grand Priest. Mind you, I don't see the angels ever being surpassed because they aren't fighters. I still want Super to end with a rematch between Goku and Beerus.

    I've watched the special several more times since it aired and I still love it. Can't get over how good the music is for the Spirit Bomb sequence and the Ultra Instinct fight.
    3DS Friend Code: 3265-6486-6600. We're all mates, right?

  16. #1791
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    ?
    Posts
    4,525

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kataphrut View Post
    Quite a lot stronger I'd say. Ultra Instinct is something the GoDs struggle with, but the Angels can pull off effortlessly. By that metric, I would imagine that Goku and Jiren are a rung or two above the GoDs on the ladder, but still well below the angels and the Grand Priest. Mind you, I don't see the angels ever being surpassed because they aren't fighters. I still want Super to end with a rematch between Goku and Beerus.

    I've watched the special several more times since it aired and I still love it. Can't get over how good the music is for the Spirit Bomb sequence and the Ultra Instinct fight.
    The way I always saw it, Whis is as much above Beerus as Beerus was as much against Super Saiyan God Goku.

    I still wonder how powerful SSB Vegetto and Merged Zamasu are. Potara Fusion is ridiculous in power so I'm pretty sure they'd both be above the Gods of Destruction, though the angels are another question.
    Favorite Generation: V
    Favorite Pokemon per generation:
    Favorite type: Water
    Favorite team: Plasma
    Most recent shiny: (X Friend Safari)

  17. #1792
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Tropical Resort
    Posts
    4,176

    Default

    Zamasu actively avoided confronting the GoDs during his plan, so at the very least regular Zamasu is still below them. SSB Kaioken Goku was able to deal considerable damage to Merged Zamasu and force the deterioration to start, so if Merged Zamasu didn't have his mortal coil holding him back, he'd still probably be below the GoDs, if only slightly.

    Which begs the question: If Zamasu systematically destroyed every universe and entity aside from Zen'O and Future Trunks's earth, how in the world did he manage to take down Jiren, a mortal stronger than one of the GoDs Zamasu dared not confront?

    Wii U NNID: SonicBoom93

  18. #1793
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    dere in the sheets
    Posts
    10,198

    Default

    Was it stated how strong the gods are in relation to others. Like I remember beerus saying he wasn't the strongest, but that clown dude could be weaker. That would still make Jiren weaker than some of the other Gods.

  19. #1794
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    1,585

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
    Which begs the question: If Zamasu systematically destroyed every universe and entity aside from Zen'O and Future Trunks's earth, how in the world did he manage to take down Jiren, a mortal stronger than one of the GoDs Zamasu dared not confront?
    He specifically targeted the Supreme Kais, so that the GoD's are gone with them.

    Jiren is from U11, so without the Angel/Supreme Kai's help, he possibly can't travel between universes.


    Former Lieutenant of Squad 7.
    Thank you for the memories, Bleach Club

    Claimed Blaziken - Pokemon Diamond - Ike

  20. #1795
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    ?
    Posts
    4,525

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
    Zamasu actively avoided confronting the GoDs during his plan, so at the very least regular Zamasu is still below them. SSB Kaioken Goku was able to deal considerable damage to Merged Zamasu and force the deterioration to start, so if Merged Zamasu didn't have his mortal coil holding him back, he'd still probably be below the GoDs, if only slightly.

    Which begs the question: If Zamasu systematically destroyed every universe and entity aside from Zen'O and Future Trunks's earth, how in the world did he manage to take down Jiren, a mortal stronger than one of the GoDs Zamasu dared not confront?
    It never said that. Goku Black and Future Zamasu just said that they had "judged" many worlds and killed all the Kaioshins, and by extension the Gods of Destruction. They may not have faced the Pride Troopers yet, or did and were forced into a strategical retreat. Goku Black mentioned wanting to get stronger, part of that reason might be to face mortals stronger than the Saiyans like Jiren

    As for how they managed to get killing Khai/Belmod past them, consider the situation-Goku Black is the face of the organization. Zamasu could spin that a terrible ningen is causing trouble, and try to help the other gods out by chasing after the fiend. In reality he's making sure that when Goku Black confronts them, they don't have the God of Destruction or angel to protect them.
    Favorite Generation: V
    Favorite Pokemon per generation:
    Favorite type: Water
    Favorite team: Plasma
    Most recent shiny: (X Friend Safari)

  21. #1796
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Posts
    964

    Default

        Spoiler:- Leaks:

  22. #1797
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    5,511

    Default

    More leaks

    https://www.reddit.com/r/dbz/comment...view_spoilers/

        Spoiler:- spoiler:
    Friend code:3454-4819-4829

    Feel free to add me

  23. #1798
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Literally
    Posts
    5,488

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darthlord7 View Post
        Spoiler:- Leaks:
        Spoiler:- Theory:

    Quote Originally Posted by Red and Blue View Post
    More leaks

    https://www.reddit.com/r/dbz/comment...view_spoilers/

        Spoiler:- spoiler=:
        Spoiler:- Oh:

  24. #1799
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    5,511

    Default

        Spoiler:- spoilers:
    Friend code:3454-4819-4829

    Feel free to add me

  25. #1800

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RedJirachi View Post
    Then why isn't he being owned in the previews?
        Spoiler:- Spoiler:
    ~Sailor Saturn~

Page 72 of 74 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •