Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Favorite D/P/Pt Starter

Piplup

I usually pick out the hardest to use starter but It's still my most favorite of the three.

Well personally i thought D/P/Pt starters are the best (at least until Gen VI) so it's kinda a tough choice, given that all of them have their own strength.. But if i have to choose, Piplup would be my favorite, given it will evolve into Empoleon who has a Water/Steel type, which an unique combination which is pretty useful IMO..

xerxes is offline ようこそ!ワタシの音楽工場へへへへへ

Piplup was the only Pokémon I even liked of the three DPPt starter evolution lines. All the other 11 Pokémon are either ugly or weird-looking. :/
    ビビビビィト コンティニューズ!!!(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

latest shiny

DexNav @ 252 encounters

16/01/2017
    [ alpha sapphire ]

current hunt: marine life of hoenn, [moon ball] minior

I really enjoy all three Sinnoh starters. My initial playthrough was with Turtwig but over time, I actually think that evolutionary line is my least favorite of the 3. After years and years of competitive battling, Infernape has a special place in my pokemon heart simply because of how good it is. Overall though, GameFreak did a great job with these starters, all of them are aesthetically pleasing in all stages and two of them are competitively viable (still).
    Let me feel you, carry you higher
    Watch our words spread hope like
    fire
    Secret crowds rise up and gather
    Hear your voices sing back louder

Turtwig. Hands down. Piplup is cute, but Empoleon is not exactly helpful. Infernape is grossly overrated.
    Pokemon Sun Shinies:
    (37 SOS Calls) (27 SOS Calls)

Planned Pokemon Sun Hunts:

Current Hunts: (102 SR) (25 SR)

Turtwig. I love turtle Pokemon and Torterra is possibly the most enjoyable starter to use in my playthroughs because it can destroy things pretty easily.
    Latest Shiny: (Random) (S)

Current Hunts: - 2750 SRs (FR/LG) | Route 114 - 6500 REs (R/S) | - 700 SRs (Pt)

chimchar definitely!

Chimchar in the beginning because in Diamond there were no other Sinnoh fire types prior to the national dex, so I would often choose it. I grew to like all of them though so now I can't decide.

It's kind of a difficult decision- I love all three of them. Honestly, I would most likely say Piplup and its line. It has a lacking learnset, yes, but its typing is so very useful, especially you use it to tank, and can dish out damage in return. I love its design, too. Plus I'm just plain biased- an Empoleon named Stratus served me well in a Platinum Nuzlocke.

I do really like Torterra and Infernape, though, for nostalgia and design respectively.
    FC: 2707-2741-9594
    Friend Safari: Sunkern, Sawsbuck, Maractus

Pokemon Yellow Nuzlocke- Current Team:

- - - - -
    Magnus - Brom - Spitfire - Pyrrhon - Rocco - Kindred
    Deaths: 1

Right, I'm stumped on this one. Chimchar and Piplup have equally cool lines, and due to writing fanfiction I've grown to become affectionate towards Turtwig and its evolutions.

Credit to American--Pi for the amazing banner!

Quote Originally Posted by Maldread View Post
    Do you touch yourself to XY Ash every night?
    Fanfiction.net Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Moonstardust View Post
    I'm going with Chimchar's line although Monferno is my least favorite member of that evolution family.
    I like Monferno, tho I dislike Infernape's design somewhat hee hee. Chimchar's adorable itself, I just think its final evolved form could've been designed to look much more bulky like a gorilla.

I feel like I'm one of the few people who likes Turtwig. I chose it in Pearl and it was handy against Roark and Crasher Wake and even against Byron and Volkner as a Torterra. It's such a good Starter.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Oreo View Post
    I like Monferno, tho I dislike Infernape's design somewhat hee hee. Chimchar's adorable itself, I just think its final evolved form could've been designed to look much more bulky like a gorilla.
    The Chimchar family look well-designed enough to me, though it would've been pretty cool if Infernape became like a King Kong-type gorilla, like Mrs. Oreo said. Maybe a fire-breathing King Kong gorilla, and he could be Fire/Dragon (like Turtonator, although I know he didn't exist in Gen 4).

If I remember correctly, I think the Chimchar family is supposed to be based on the Chinese zodiac (the monkey).
    I love Canada now and forever.

Looking back on these starters, they are actually the best starters in terms of design. There origins fit their typing really well
    Pokemon Sun Shinies:
    (37 SOS Calls) (27 SOS Calls)

Planned Pokemon Sun Hunts:

Current Hunts: (102 SR) (25 SR)

Quote Originally Posted by ZilverLox View Post
    I feel like I'm one of the few people who likes Turtwig. I chose it in Pearl and it was handy against Roark and Crasher Wake and even against Byron and Volkner as a Torterra. It's such a good Starter.
    I was originally lukewarm towards Turtwig, but I used it in Diamond and was surprised at how easy several of the gyms were. It honestly made me appreciate that evolutionary line a whole lot more.

i like all of them tbh, but i have a slight bias for chimchar since it's the one i chose when i first played diamond.

however, i think turtwig is the cutest of the trio.

Empoleon and Infernape are both great Pokemon competitively. I like Empleon more for it's ability to lay rocks and still be able to pack a punch. Plus, a metal penguin is just cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Colliepop View Post
    And that is invalid!
    Or maybe we reverse the positions. The lion can show up in the middle of a bustling city street, and take on a person in a tank.
    This post is Win
    This is why idolizing the human civilizations of yester-millenia is awesome

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234