Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: From Brags To Riches (404)

Ok seen the episode.

As expected Masmune and Ash won their double battles. Tetsuya was not featured battling.

A side bit involve revealing that Team Rocket selling snacks isn't their own thing, but they are working for a guy there who really insists on them working hard. In fact, just after they caught Ash and Pikachu in one of their pitfall traps... the guy comes to them and tells them to get back to work and they do so.

As for the battles:

Masamune w/ Growlithe and Gilgar vs. Muscle bound trainer w/ Machamp and Marowak

Gilgar KOs Machamp. Marowak KOs Growlithe. Gilgar KOs Marowak

Ash w/ Corphish and Torkal vs. Green haired kid w/ Swalot and Tropius

Tropius and Torkoal double KO each other. Corphish KOs Swalot.

All right good to know Torkoal went down fighting and it sounds like Gligar is pretty awesome lol

Just to get one thing straight right now, no, Corphish did NOT learn Guillotine. It took out Swalot with a Bubblebeam straight down the throat.

Bulbagarden | Serebii.net
    Member at both. Mod at both.
    And sick and tired of the Joe-Liam feud.

Damn, why must we always get false information? I was really excited about guillotine...

I thought it was Crunch that Corphish used to plug Swalot's mouth before it could use sludge bomb or something.

Bow before the almighty Crawdad Corphish, after being the knock around guy, he is once again back to kick butts and needs to make up for lost time.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

Ha! I saw pictures, Torkoal and Tropius knocked each other out. Torkoal did have alot of spotlight in my opinion. Torkoal used an attack(overheat) and Tropious used solarbeam and it knocked them both out. Ha! Thats what I saw. But people might disagree.

If you ask me, Tropius didn't have a long enough appearance. :P
    If the writers made Swalot faint with Torkoal first, then a Tropius and Corphish battle would have been better, in my opinion.
    "It is such a quiet thing, to fall.
    But far more terrible is to admit it."

watchermark Guest

So does anyone know how the Hoenn League works? I mean, is it a simple 'Knock-Out' or a three trainer table like the Johto League?

Gah. Stupid poor translators embarrasing me. Does anyone know what all that stuff about Guillotine on Pokéani was actually about then?

Banners By Me. Level 3 Trainer: 33 KOs, 95.5 TP, 18 SP

Quote Originally Posted by watchermark
    So does anyone know how the Hoenn League works? I mean, is it a simple 'Knock-Out' or a three trainer table like the Johto League?
    I think the initial double battle will whittle the starting 256 trainers down to 32 "finalists", with the set up being the standard tournament style from that point on.
    "Psychos... they always love comics." - Det. Elliot Stabler.

Hey, Guillotine or no Guillotine, it was still enjoyable. I just want to make sure everything is correct.

Any name for the Muscle Trainer and the Green-haired Brat?

This is what I picked up:

Tropius: Razor Leaf, Bullet Seed, either Whirlwind or Razor Wind, and Solarbeam

(by the way, I thought it was neat how Torkoal and Corphish were trying as hard as they could to get Tropius K.O'ed befored it shot off solarbeam)

Swalot: Sludge Bomb, Shock Wave, Shadow Ball, Body Slam

Any confirmation from those who know Japanese would be hot. Same with the Masamune battle, I picked up little from that.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Maybe it was Gligar that used Guillotine(it can learn that move, too...). That attack it used in one of the pictures sure didn't look like Metal Claw...

Yes, it seems to be Gligar with Guillotine (I missed hearing it the first time through). The discussion on PokeAni is exactly what you'd expect given how different the effect seems to be from in the games. (On re-viewing the battle again, it looks like it may have only really connected properly once out of all the times it was used, and that was on the finishing blow.)

Hm..I haven't exactly seen any other episodes involving Masamune yet..but is it me, or is Masamune's voice done by the exact same seiyuu who provided Son Goku's, Son Gohan's, Son Goten's, and Son Goku Jr's voices? o_o Masamune sounds EXACTLY like 'em. So I was just curious.
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/v6t8cg.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i54.*******.com/28cec2e.jpg[/IMG]

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Elric
    Hm..I haven't exactly seen any other episodes involving Masamune yet..but is it me, or is Masamune's voice done by the exact same seiyuu who provided Son Goku's, Son Gohan's, Son Goten's, and Son Goku Jr's voices? o_o Masamune sounds EXACTLY like 'em. So I was just curious.
    yes, I've pointed it out before, but Masamune is indeed done by Nozawa. You can see for yourself. Observe the kanji next to his name in the ending credits and compare them here.

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

And as I said before, since I haven't seen the other episodes involving Masamune, I couldn't tell. :P I rather to watch the episodes before getting into the discussions about them.
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/v6t8cg.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i54.*******.com/28cec2e.jpg[/IMG]

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

I see.... yeah, I did specify his seiyuu in the episode discussion. I made a reference to her in one of episode preview threads, but my reference wasn't quite as direct there (mentioned a couple series she worked on, no character names nor the voicer's name herself specified).

Anyway, didn't the guy who attempted translating Pokeani mention Brick Break somewhere? Did anyone use that technique?

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

My guess would be Machamp (yeah, BIG surprised huh). It was using something besides Cross Chop but I couldn't pinpoint it.

But what the heck was up with Marowak. I saw what looked like Ice Beam and an electric attack from it. Did it have Metronome?
    V | Faction

If I recall Marowak can learn Ice beam i think so i'll guess Metronome triggered The electric attack.
    Last edited by Swellow; 7th May 2005 at 2:57 PM.
    I have 3 Swellow's I believe, Swell, Tail and another one forgot that other name lol

The best part of the episode was when Corphish destroyed that Swalot. You can't deny that seeing Corphish plough through that Shock Wave like it was nothing was just out and out cool.
    But overall, Masamune's battle just seemed the better of the two. In all honesty, I found most of Ash's battle somewhat boring. Especially Tropius vs. Torkoal. Torkoal didn't even move from the spot it was in throughout the whole battle and Tropius just hovered there. You'd thing they have a flying tank swoop around and dealing some pretty harsh damage instead of being situated in the sky launching random projectile attacks. Swalot and Corphish's battle was a lot more enjoyable IMO *shrugs*

What the HELL was with Tropius' voice? I'm not impressed with the fact that it sounded like a bootleg-Lapras, generic as hell, screeching at the top of its lungs. The slurping noise it made in The Wish Maker was weird perhpas, but at least it was original. I hope its dubbed over once it eventually reaches the US...
    I did like how Swalot sounded though, switching from high-pitched to bellowing~

From what I can tell, Machamp used Cross Chop, Karate Chop, and Dynamic Punch. The secod time Dynamic Punch was performed, it used all of its arms.
    The Marowak was using Ice Beam on its own, but I'm honestly not sure about the electric looking move. I believe that the trainer said something about a combination though...
    Last edited by Gravy; 7th May 2005 at 3:44 PM.

EvilCassidy Guest

Ok, I've seen the pictures.

I find Masmune's Growlithe a little weak. It only got a couple hits in and the rest were blocked by Marowak. Gligar was awesome in that battle.

The green-haired kid reminds me strongly of Snap/Todd, because he looks a heck of alot like him. Tropius derserved a way better anime debut than that! It barely got a decent screentime. Torkoal and Corphish were awesome ^^ especially how Corphish took out Swalot.

Gligar's so cute when Masamune hugs it. And so AWESOME when it was fighting. Hmm, maybe we can predict a Corphish Gliagr showdown in the near future......

Anyway, it looks like Team Rocket like their new boss, when he gives them food they smile. Could the writers be setting up something?

Quote Originally Posted by V Faction
    My guess would be Machamp (yeah, BIG surprised huh). It was using something besides Cross Chop but I couldn't pinpoint it.

But what the heck was up with Marowak. I saw what looked like Ice Beam and an electric attack from it. Did it have Metronome?
    It knows Ice Beam, and there was no electric attack.
    I presume you're thinking of this picture. I don't know why they had it give off sparks, but that's a Bone Club attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    The Marowak was using Ice Beam on its own, but I'm honestly not sure about the electric looking move. I believe that the trainer said something about a combination though...
    Hone Konbou = Bone Club.

Quote Originally Posted by Murgatroyd
    It knows Ice Beam, and there was no electric attack.
    I presume you're thinking of this picture. I don't know why they had it give off sparks, but that's a Bone Club attack.
    That would be the one.
    V | Faction

Quote Originally Posted by Kojiro
    Anyway, it looks like Team Rocket like their new boss, when he gives them food they smile. Could the writers be setting up something?
    Perhaps, they should be setting something up... but it'll no doubt end up with a lame scheme and them being blasted off, again...
    "Psychos... they always love comics." - Det. Elliot Stabler.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast