Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: From Brags To Riches (404)

I don't know JazzJazz, but that guy is pretty entertaining. When he suddenly breaks through the wall (Any translaters care to tell me what he yells when he does that?)

Just saw the episode, and I thought it was really good. The only thing I was really didn't like was Tropius's voice. I had expected such a large pokémon to have a much deeper voice, but instead it sounded exactly like Rapurasu.:/

The battles were excellent though. It was great to get to see Kootasu in action since she's the most neglected pokémon on Satoshi's team. And Heigani was truly awesome. He kicked some serious a*s and didn't evolve. Ha! And I agree with Gravy, blasting through Marunoomu's shock wave was just plain cool.

Masamune's battle was also very enjoyable, it was especially good to see Gligar in action since we've never seen one in a real battle before and the only time he was even really featured was way back in the Gligar Man episode. I was really dissappointed with how metal claw was animated though, it looked a hell of a lot better back in "Wired for Battle". Proof that the computer animation isn't always better.:P
    Last edited by Heracross; 8th May 2005 at 2:58 AM.

Factory Head Noland Guest

I just saw the episode and it was amazing! The double battles were just brilliant!!

Masamune's battle was really intense, Marowak and Growlithe were most likely of the same ability that's why they were both not letting down. Iron Tail to the rescue for this match! Gligar has a great range of Steel type attacks, Steel Wing, Metal Claw, Iron Tail...great!!

In Ash's battle, Torkoal VS Tropius was so intense when it came down to Overheat VS Solarbeam. It was such an intense battle when it was just Corphish and Swalot, Swalot was firing Shadow Ball's and other attacks but Corphish had such stamina and was able to beat it! Opperation "Fill Swalot with Bubblebeam" was a HUGE success! Who would've thought it, eh?

Overall 10/10
    This episode hasd so much excitment in it and "Advanced Adventure" aswell! What more could you ask for? Now I can't wait for next weeks episode...

Oh yeah, forgot about that- I really enjoyed the music in this episode. The battle music was great, and the version of "Advanced Adventure" they used was slightly different from the normal one- I liked it, kinda spiced it up a bit.

The Advanced Adventure was the Movie 6 version, which is super cool. I especially like the part at the end where it fades out.

Factory Head Noland Guest

Yes I did notice the different version of "Advanced Adventure", it was a really great version.

I just saw this episode. When did Corphish use Gillotine? When he was charging through the blue beam or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Zoramon089
    I just saw this episode. When did Corphish use Gillotine? When he was charging through the blue beam or something?
    sadly that was false information, Corphish only shot a bubblebeam attack down Swalots mouth for the win, Guillotine was used by Masamunes Gligar

I think corphish´s victory over swalot by pumping it with bubbles is much cooler than a out off the a*s guilotine. I was suprised by his attack which happens seldom in pokemon

Kyogre007 Guest

Can someone please tell me where you all get the 2nd pokemon generation pictures?!

-Torkoal and Corphish? Getting spotlight? IN THE SAME EPISODE? It's a miracle! Yay for showcasing Ash's neglected Pokemon.
    -Egads, Tropius sounds like Lapras...
    -Any particular reason why Ash was trying so hard to get Tropius knocked out before it fired Solarbeam?
    -Hmm, a purple blob Pokemon what's pretty much immune to direct attacks...where have we seen THAT before? *coughMukcough* Come to think of it, a Muk VS Swalot battle would've been highly entertaining...of course, Ash isn't using any of his old Pokemon(aside from Pikachu) in this league.
    -We see Growlithe again...and it's pathetic. It's a sad day when BELDUM was better than Growlithe(I'm still baffled at how Beldum managed to win last week when all it can do is Take Down...)
    -Gligar rocks the house! Gligar got revenge for getting the shaft in Johto! Gligar is now cool in my eyes!
    -Masamune is easily the best rival Ash has EVER had, personality-wise. Richie, Harrison, and Tetsuya are all the same, and Gary lost his edge in Johto. Masamune, on the other hand, is not only different from the others, but he's also good comic relief.
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

Blaziken master Guest

I really wish it was a torkoal and tropius match at the end because both pokemon haven't had much spotlight because corphish recently took out Adan's sealeo and luvdisc.But it was a cool fight none the less

I can't til' the dub airs in the U.S.
    Tales of REDPLICAAAAAA!
    Anime Blog [x] Art [0] Bishoujou [0] BMGf [x] LiveJournal [x] Eggbear! [x] Credit [n/a]
    .UVERworld。

Awwww, Tomono. <3

I need to draw him more. He's pretty and he spins. <3

He reminds me of Bill though...>___> BUT TOMONO IS BETTER. <3

As for the ep...meh. Didn't pay too much attention. XD We all know where MY attention was. But still! A decent debut for Tropius.

Purrrrrrr.

That was a pretty cool episode. I liked Morrisons fight because one of my favorites, Marowak, battled alot and owned.

Default From Brags to Riches

I thought this episode was amazing. Morrison's battle was okay but Ash's was better. Granted, they could've picked a better pair-up than Torkoal and Corphish, like Torkoal and Glalie for instance. Corphish has been around for over 100 episodes and Glalie evolved 4 episodes ago. They should've given it more screen time, especially since it gets Oaked 6 episodes after this one...

Credit to V Faction

Visit my Site!

http://www.auraguardians.net/

NOTE: The site is not up yet so the link will not work.

Yeah but then they couldn't have the bubblebeam in the mouth. Ash's fight was meh. It was kind of repetitive if you ask me. Dont worry, Glalie will be owning in the next few episodes before its left at Oaks.
    Last edited by Kabuto; 12th March 2006 at 6:31 AM.

Glalie will own some serious *** in the next four episodes! Beating a Charizard! Just awesome. Back to this episode, Morrison's fight was good and so was Ash's but Ash seemed short and predictable. The best part was Bubblebeam in Swalot's mouth
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

Geki Guest

I loved this episode. It was really good, especially Ash's battle with Tropius and Swalot.

10/10

The Ash battle was good but i didnt like that Gligar was able to survive many hits from Machamp.Even though i like Morrison and isnt Gulliotine(sp?) One Hit-Ko he used it and hit about 3 times gosh. xD

Gligar...I forgot that thing even existed. It took an uncanny amount of abuse, that's for sure. Even though I detest Masamune and all, I thought his battle was better than Ash's. It was one of the most physical battles we've seen, whereas Ash's was pretty standard, even for a double battle. Did Tropius keep his original voice or get a new one? It doesn't sound dubbed, but Tropius in     Spoiler:
    sounds completely different.

Predictions for next week's dub names:
    Hyuuga = Hugo
    Kaede = Kate
    Jonbi = Johnny
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

I think something that I read about a week ago said Tropius' voice wasn't dubbed but I could be wrong
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

Yes, the anime tends to not relate attacks to the game. Look at shadow ball hitting Meowth a normal type in the last episode. Gligar did tend to survive alot of hits including an ice beam which does 4x damage even if Marowak has terrible special attack. But hey, we've seen worse (thinks of Skitty vs Dusclops).

The voice for Tropius wasn't bad IMO, so I'm not outraged! This episode was okay. I mean it wasn't the greatest and it wasn't bad. But I got a chance to see Growlithe in action again (without an Officer Jenny involved).

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

Quote Originally Posted by Shining Suikun
    Did Tropius keep his original voice or get a new one?
    It's the original voice from the Japanese version, but it actually had its voice changed in that version. Instead of a slurping sound, we got a Lapras voice.

As long as they don't dub it and make it say "Tro-Pee-US!" I'm good.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast