Welcome to the Pokemon Merchandise forum! Please follow these rules when posting:
1. Apart from the collection and wishlist thread, this is for Pokemon merchandise only. Discussion on Pokemon trading cards, video games, anime VHS/DVDs, and manga volumes should go in the specific forums set up for those, but anything else (i.e. plush, keychains, buttons, posters, or anything else) may go here. These items may be listed in the collection thread, along with non-Pokemon items, as long as there are some Pokemon merchandise items as well. A forum for general collections may be opened if there is enough interest, but for now put those in misc.
2. No buying, selling, trading, or commissioning of merchandise. This forum is not equipped to handle any sort of transactions like these, and if you choose to break this rule, we are not responsible for you getting scammed and we can't help you get your money or items back. A couple of tips to keep in mind if you do trading/buying with individuals on other sites are:
-If buying, always use a credit card. This is a good rule for buying online in general since it provides an extra layer of protection against fraudulent charges, but it is even more important for things like this. Most credit card companies are very good about helping you get your money back if you are scammed, and all you usually have to do is fill out a fraud report with any communication you had. Other methods of payment can make it harder to get your money back, but PayPal is also an option if you label it as payment rather than a gift, and they usually side with the buyer.
-If trading, use PayPal to "sell" the items to each other for whatever they are worth. PayPal does have issues as a company and they will take out a small fee, but if someone scams you, you can then go through PayPal to try and get your money back. If you trade items with an individual without doing any sort of money exchange, your only option is law enforcement, which is much more difficult to work with.
Again, trading/buying/selling are NOT allowed on SPPf at all. These are just general tips for using other sites.
3. Custom work is allowed. However, you may not advertise your etsy or whatever shop or offer to do commissions for members; custom work should only be brought up in the collection thread or where it is appropriate.
4. No inappropriate merchandise. If something is questionable you can ask a mod if it's ok, but remember that if you have to ask if something is okay, it probably isn't.
5. Only link to reputable sellers/websites. If you do not know the reputation of the site, say so, but you should make sure a site is legitimate before posting about it here. Keep in mind that a huge number of amazon and eBay sellers sell fake merchandise, and some sources say they will not even get in trouble for this if they do not explicitly claim the item is real. Always check feedback and ask the seller if the item is real and to see pictures; a legitimate seller will not have an issue with this. If you bought sowmthing that turns out to be fake, try to contact them first to get your money back. If it is from a 3rd party seller on a site like eBay and Amazon, contact the site itself if that doesn't work. If that also doesn't work, then file a charge back with whatever method of payment you used to buy the item (credit card, PayPal, etc; credit card is always the best). Don't forget to leave negative feedback and tell us here so other people can be warned not to buy from them!
6. We do not encourage fake merchandise. Fake merchandise takes profits away from the companies that make the merchandise we love, is often poor-quality, and can even be unsafe if it is made with chemicals that are not appropriate for toys. If you already have a piece of fake merchandise you may post it in the collection thread, but other than that they should not be discussed here.
7. Threads may be bumped if they are "official" or if they are concerning a merchandise line that has new items. Anything with "Official" in the title must be approved by a moderator of this forum, but it can be bumped indefinitely since these threads are meant to last a long time. Same goes for stickied threads. Threads concerning a specific line of merchandise may also be bumped if it makes more sense to add to the old thread than to create a whole new thread for the newer items.
8. Follow all other SPPf rules.
More may be added as needed.