Page 501 of 541 FirstFirst ... 401451491497498499500501502503504505511 ... LastLast
Results 12,501 to 12,525 of 13504

Thread: Pokémon Shuffle General Discussion

i ran into clefairy like 4 times in a row which would be amazing if i wasnt not at 99,999 coins

at this point i'm just entering & quitting if it is not vivillon. the exp smalls are a nice bonus but not nice enough

Got flutterby up to lvl 7.

I've used angrychu a few times, but it never seems to activate when I most desperately need it to. Sometimes I swear the thing is laughing at me. But meh. It has its uses, and once it's up to lvl 20 (mine is lvl 16 currently) it'll do enough base damage to get it a spot on an electric team.

Currently sitting on the two RMLs I got from the last comp (I came in in the 1500's) since I'm not sure who to feed them to yet.

Have to stick spooky gengar in against victini this coming Sunday... I haven't done anything with it but from what I've been reading it seems to be useful now and then.

Regigigas fan

My Shiny Legendaries!

3DS FC: 2595 - 1763 - 0232

Hoopa-U's comp is an abomination. You basically have to use a team of M-Heracross, Xerneas, Pokeball Vivillon, and Scizor or you will be dealing with a ton of non-supports all over the board. Oh, and not to mention you also need to buy a Complexity-1 to get rid of the 5th support, Hoopa-U.

I'll be happy if I can get a tier 3 score on this one.
    On a journey to 100% the Pokébank Dex!
    Currently seeking: Female Shiny Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, or Venusaur
    Please PM me if you have one and are willing to trade!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

† I am a Christian, and proud to be one! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

3DS Friend Code: 1607-2130-1527

Quote Originally Posted by Sceptilite89 View Post
    Hoopa-U's comp is an abomination. You basically have to use a team of M-Heracross, Xerneas, Pokeball Vivillon, and Scizor or you will be dealing with a ton of non-supports all over the board. Oh, and not to mention you also need to buy a Complexity-1 to get rid of the 5th support, Hoopa-U.

^This.
    You forgot one thing though; Quirky+ Xerneas is also required, so they just screwed everyone who started PSB grinding it for Po4. At least they're killing this game off faster now.

Just gonna focus on Xerneas this week and do a single run in this abomination of a lottery later on. What ever happened to the not garbage events?

And all of those pokemon can take RMLs!

what a disaster. i honestly might not even bother? Did grab vivillon out of the safari, at least

181st and got my 8 RMLs. I just need to decide which Pokémon to use them on; I really can't make up my mind and I've got so many!

Dipped into the Safari briefly and found a few fairies and Deerling then went back to the escalation for a few hearts. Went back to the Safari later and found Vivillon and since I'd set up my team specifically for its encounter, I destroyed it in 2 moves - still needed a great ball though. Safari completed in about a dozen hearts.

I've tolerated the luck fest of these recent competitions and rolled with them but I fully agree with the above comments about how bad this competition is. Having to use a C-1 isn't even the big issue here, forcing us to use not just one or even two specific Pokémon but pretty much all four is, especially a heavily invested Heracross. I mean, I have the items available to use on Heracross but do I want to? (No.)

Po4 Xerneas might be better in general but I actually like my quirky+ so I'm keeping that ability.
    Danjal: Pikachu, use agility!

Pikanjal: Piiii!

I didn't do my best
    Therefore I have regrets
    The Saviour did His best for us
    I do not regret choosing Him

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ultra Something-or-other?
    Sinnoh DOES NOT need a remake!

Adding to that you cannot use Mega Start and the Bug-type Megas are not really worth dumping your MSUs on. Got a score in the 31k range with DD and Atk Pw+ with M-Heracross (10), Scizor (10), Xerneas (10) and Poke Ball Vivillon (5), no way am I using a C -1 for this competition.
    Credit to Brutaka for the awesome banner!

I have claimed Drapion, Yo-Kai Watch 2: Fleshy Souls and Fiora from Xenoblade Chronicles.

On the 191-199 stretch of Diancie, I failed 191 because I used M. Aggron who wasn't up to the job so I switched in Steelix. I failed a couple more times itemlessly before getting a +4 skip on 194 which I used and needed M+5 for. I got good RNG on 199 which I beat itemless and for 200 I went with M. Metagross, Cobalion, Mawile and Dialga. Items used were attack boost, MS and M+5. Instant Metagross match available and although there were no great combos, Po4+ activated both times I needed it and RT was good. Finished with 4 moves left.

I didn't do my best
    Therefore I have regrets

Finally found Vivillon after ~70 hearts and caught it in a Poké Ball. Stuffed it with EXP Boosters to max and then did three item runs at the competition with the "standard" team. Best of the three attempts was 65,121. Terrible by my standards but really cannot be bothered to improve on it for my own sanity and given how expensive a run is. You want Quirky+ on Xerneas if you plan to use it. An alternative to Xerneas if you SS'd it or don't want to use it is Accelgor who can clean up the right side of the board in one Eject++ on the board reset, and deal with the Xerneas in the initial skyfall.

Going to recharge for the update now. And I suppose, SS Xerneas and do some PSB farming to SL3, maybe SL4 (SL5 will be too expensive probably) because Po4 isn't bad at all when invested.

Seriously? A C-1 for a chance at a high score? Dear god, GS is seriously trying to force people to pay for this game.

~ Big adventures start with big bites ~

Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Splatoon 2 - Super Mario Odyssey - Xenoblade Chronicles 2

I got my vivillon maxed and am now grinding coins for my attempt on the competition. Not gonna be fussed over scores this time, not after reading about the several kinds of hell this one is. My heracross has one MSU I fed it when using it for an escalation forever ago (exactly which I don't remember but m-hera was SE for it). I think my scizor is maxed just because it has a mega form and I might want to use it at least once just to say I did. Probably going to wait until after the weekend eevee to try the comp, though, just to boost vivi's Flash Mob a bit.

I'm keeping xerneas as Quirky+. That's more useful than Po4... I've gotten epic combos off of Quirky+ activations before.

Regigigas fan

My Shiny Legendaries!

3DS FC: 2595 - 1763 - 0232

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Seriously? A C-1 for a chance at a high score? Dear god, GS is seriously trying to force people to pay for this game.
    There was a point back then when every comp would have C-1 purchasable, so this isn't a first. It hasn't happened in a long while, but it's still nothing we haven't seen before.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fighting View Post
    Ash Greninja, Xerneas, Zygarde, An ENTIRE safari, Talonflame and Im still working my way through Diancie. All of which will require items.

Sigh. And they wonder why they are losing players.
    Only the Diance requires items, and then only for the later boss stages. The rest can all be done itemless.

Somehow, my 82K score dropped 20 places in the last hour of the comp, which put me into 3rd tier. Seriously, who waits that long to put their score in?
    A large amount of people. I mean, I don't even bother doing competitions except in the last hour before I go to bed the day they end. For an American doing the same, it would be in the last hour of the competition full stop.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    That's nothing new. With any luck we'll go back to timed competitions that actually require skill.

Also, why on earth would anyone swap out Quirky+ for Po4?

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________

I'll never understand why people think that wishing to an Angry Sky Fairy actually works.

Quote Originally Posted by Secundum View Post
    Because Po4 deals a guaranteed chunk of damage when skill boosted, while Quirky+ is just an unpredictable skill that could start a combo, but it could just as easily screw one up. I'd much rather have the former.

Only the Diance requires items, and then only for the later boss stages. The rest can all be done itemless.

A large amount of people. I mean, I don't even bother doing competitions except in the last hour before I go to bed the day they end. For an American doing the same, it would be in the last hour of the competition full stop.

That's nothing new. With any luck we'll go back to timed competitions that actually require skill.

If you have a really high leveled team for each stage with lots of boosters & speedups and are efficient at timed stages then sure but after losing all.my data I'm slowly picking up where I got to and as such items are needed.
    Like Ash Greninja cost me all items + a GB barring c-1 = 13k. And I barely caught it.

Timed stages suck all the fun out of this game and defeat the very purpose of skill. Whats the point in leveling up & investing your best mons if you cant even bring them because abilities arent even a factor in timed stages? Its a pisstake.

I'd much rather than Po4 than Quirky+ given quirky is situational and hardly consistent or worth it. Especially when you have a good ability like Po4 as an alternative.

Like I couldnt even beat Meloetta with items since im so far behind i dont even have MMY yet. I dont mind grinding my team or having to use items its just when they rush the content and give everything 7 days just so they can shove more content down your throat.

I cant believe they actually started the Hoopa competition 1 DAY, 1 DAY, 1 F***ING Day after the last one as well as having the cheek to only give you 6 days rather than the standard 7 days for this as well.

Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the amazing banner.

Looking to trade for apricorn and rare ball pokemon I don't have!

Quote Originally Posted by Inconspicuosaurus
    Dex Entry: "Alolan Raticate gained the Dark type and used it to beat up local Alakazam and steal their mustaches. This explains both the clean-shaven Alolan Alakazam, and the luxuriousness of Alolan Raticate's 'stache"

What's new now this time is the fact we got tiers with smaller windows of placing in them, so that makes people want to have more incentive to spend a lot.

Because it is uncontrollable and more often than not it ruins combos. I'd take Opportunist on Xerneas over Quirky+ honestly. SL5 Po4 on a Lv 20 Xerneas will hit for 1404 damage when SE and it is guaranteed on a 4 match unlike Po4+, Risk Taker, etc..

Don't care, still like my quirky+ Xerneas! I have a level 20 Machamp that still has eject but I digress.

I was so tempted to use all items bar DD on Diancie 250 but I'm glad I didn't as I couldn't get an immediate Mega Aggron match and I finished with only 3 moves left so I doubt cheaping out would have succeeded. Managed to do the tough levels before 250 itemless despite a few fails.

I might stop the escalation here to focus on pushing Xerneas to SL5 which means I will need coins which are also obviously needed for a full item run in the competition. This all means that I have still never completed all 300 stages of a Diancie EB. If there was no expensive competition then perhaps but those late 290s are putting me off.

I didn't do my best
    Therefore I have regrets

Quote Originally Posted by Krokketto Prime Danjal View Post
    Don't care, still like my quirky+ Xerneas! I have a level 20 Machamp that still has eject but I digress.

I was so tempted to use all items bar DD on Diancie 250 but I'm glad I didn't as I couldn't get an immediate Mega Aggron match and I finished with only 3 moves left so I doubt cheaping out would have succeeded. Managed to do the tough levels before 250 itemless despite a few fails.

I might stop the escalation here to focus on pushing Xerneas to SL5 which means I will need coins which are also obviously needed for a full item run in the competition. This all means that I have still never completed all 300 stages of a Diancie EB. If there was no expensive competition then perhaps but those late 290s are putting me off.
    SL5 Quirky+? Not even worth the grind. SL3 has excellent trigger rates, so there's not much point in taking it further than that.

I hate these RNG fest comps so flipping much. Glad I happened to at least max out scizor and Xerneas some time ago; I'm not even bothering with more than a single coin item run. Not even even worth the C-1 to me, especially while I'm still on main stages and on Mega Metagross at that. I'll just place where I happen to sit I guess.
    Also finally finished investing speedups into the monster that is Mega Ray, guess I'll saunter over to Tyranitar next.
    3ds FC: Mystica; 2621-3668-7527
    Safari: Electric; Electabuzz, Parchirisu, Galvantula {partially full}

Art belongs to me
    Preferred Battle Style: Rotation

Stupid Eevee yet again only gives me one SBM and also floods the board with disruptions including two rows in the middle containing alternating blocks and Eevee near the end which I have never seen before.

I didn't do my best
    Therefore I have regrets

Started PSB grinding Xerneas and man what a nightmare. Abysmal droprate and 0 RMLs at SL4. Add in the stage is so freaking slow to do because it has to disrupt a million times. Save that for competitions, not a stage you're doing 240+ times, devs. It's like they want the game to die honestly, and I kinda want it now too so it won't be remembered as the RNG filled garbage it has become.

Still have to do a competition run and that's about it for this depressing week. Once Xerneas hits SL5 in about 2 days, I'll do my one run, because screw this competition as well.

Do we even know what's on the docket for next week? Alola pokemon don't hit until may iirc

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    Do we even know what's on the docket for next week? Alola pokemon don't hit until may iirc
    It's already been confirmed that we're getting Alola Pokemon this Tuesday. But we don't know which ones.

Eesh. People have to cross over 500 stages from hell just to reach a new generation.

Page 501 of 541 FirstFirst ... 401451491497498499500501502503504505511 ... LastLast