Page 527 of 527 FirstFirst ... 427477517523524525526527
Results 13,151 to 13,175 of 13175

Thread: Pokémon Shuffle General Discussion

  1. #13151
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Lavender Town, Violet City UK?
    Posts
    334

    Default

    So, that's Meloetta taken care of (admires 65 RMLs in my collection). Just like last time, this EB was quite enjoyable. I only spent 29100 coins in total. All levels between 1 and 149 inclusive were beaten itemless.

    150 I used M Tyranitar, Dusknoir (13, SL4), Darkrai SL4, perfect Hoopa U; attack boost and M+5. Had 7 moves left so didn't need the extra 5. Sleep Charm worked like a charm.

    175 I used M Aggron, Darkrai, Hoopa U, Dusknoir; C-1. I can't remember whether Hoopa or Dusknoir dropped out but I finished with 4 moves left. Again SC ensured Meloetta didn't disrupt me.

    200 was the same team as 175 with all items; 6 moves left. Darkrai shut down Meloetta again after the DD wore off (mo4) although by then I'd already done about 75% damage and was comfortable. Could possibly have left out the DD. Nice to finish an EB again.

    Got 9000 coins from Meowth! Saving Magearna until Tuesday. Grinding the other Meowth until then.
    Danjal: Pikachu, use Agility!

    Pikanjal: Chuuu!

    I didn't do my best
    Therefore I have regrets
    The Saviour did His best for us
    I do not regret choosing Him

    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Moon has set on this latest adventure.

  2. #13152
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    The Time-Space Continuum
    Posts
    2,010

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sceptilite89 View Post
    For starters, you should backtrack a bit and catch Combusken and Charmeleon. They have relatively decent AP and are of course SE, so having them could make a world of difference. And bring Torchic with those two so that you can utilize their skills. Bringing M-Audino over M-Sableye was probably the better option, as Sableye's Mega Effect sucks even more than Audino's.

    If this still isn't enough, don't be ashamed to purchase an item or two. When you first reach it, Mega Mawile is not an easy stage itemless.
    Thanks for the advice! I ditched Sableye for Torchic. I do actually have Combusken and Charmeleon, but I didn't think to level up either on the special Magearna event and it's gonna be a lot of hassle to level one up through previous levels alone. I also ditched Mawile for Squirtle simply because Squirtle had a much higher level, but I don know how effective that was, since the results I've had every time I lost are varied for both bringing Mawile and bringing Squirtle. I did also try buying items, but then my coins ran low and I don't really wanna get an in-app purchase for more.

    Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    You can also get Lucarioite from mission card #2
    I did spot that since the game wouldn't stop reminding me, but not only have I not yet defeated Lucario (I actually defeated Articuno before), but there are so many specific requirements for the card that mean I have to go to specific stages and things like that that I'm not sure how much I wanna do it. I've come pretty close on multiple occasions with my current team which is why I'm doubting.
    Banner by me!

    Serebii.net Fanfiction Profile

    Note: I often struggle to get motivated to write or draw. Just because I don't update a story or my art gallery in a while does not mean that I've given up on that story or drawing. If I decide to cancel a project, I will post in the corresponding thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by MetalSonic View Post
    Did they ever figure out who let the dogs out?
    Ongoing Stories:
    Bonds Between Children of Tragedy ~ Pokemon White Abridged ~ Encounters of an Elite Four Member
    One-Shots:
    Left Alone ~ A Simple Kalosian's Story
    Gallery:
    Nerdy McNerdface's Chibi Gallery

  3. #13153
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerdy McNerdface View Post
    Thanks for the advice! I ditched Sableye for Torchic. I do actually have Combusken and Charmeleon, but I didn't think to level up either on the special Magearna event and it's gonna be a lot of hassle to level one up through previous levels alone. I also ditched Mawile for Squirtle simply because Squirtle had a much higher level, but I don know how effective that was, since the results I've had every time I lost are varied for both bringing Mawile and bringing Squirtle. I did also try buying items, but then my coins ran low and I don't really wanna get an in-app purchase for more.
    If you need to get some extra levels on your Pokemon, then grind on stage 21 (Buneary). It gives 30 Exp. to each Pokemon, and 60 to whoever gets the crown. And stage 37 (Meowth) is the most reliable source of coins.
    On a journey to 100% the Pokébank Dex!
    Currently seeking: Female Shiny Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, or Venusaur
    Please PM me if you have one and are willing to trade!

    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    † I am a Christian, and proud to be one! Copy and paste this if you are too.†


    3DS Friend Code: 1607-2130-1527

  4. #13154
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Between Noland and Adan <3
    Posts
    4,522

    Default

    Not an awful Safari so far. I've seen all but Sawsbuck, and I failed to catch Trumbeak. I would suggest bringing a Barrier Bash+ though for Drampa, but it's doable without. If your Alolan Ninetales has some Skill Levels on it, Freeze+ is just beautiful.

    For the challenge, should we bring anything else aside from Meloetta.

  5. #13155
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Mid Childa
    Posts
    1,332

    Default

    Reached 150 in the escalation a while back, but took a break so I could grind some coins. Any advice for the last 3 boss stages? I managed everything else itemless so far.


    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________

    I'll never understand why people think that wishing to an Angry Sky Fairy actually works.

  6. #13156
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    811

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Secundum View Post
    Reached 150 in the escalation a while back, but took a break so I could grind some coins. Any advice for the last 3 boss stages? I managed everything else itemless so far.
    None of them are too hard provided you are willing to spend the coins (Complexities on 175 and 200). You may need some Moves+5 or an Attack Power Up for the last non-boss stages leading up to 200 though.

  7. #13157
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Mid Childa
    Posts
    1,332

    Default

    Recommended teams?


    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________

    I'll never understand why people think that wishing to an Angry Sky Fairy actually works.

  8. #13158
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    18,965

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Secundum View Post
    Recommended teams?
    M-Tar should be used for 200 with Zoroark and Darkrai in the team. I'm saying these three because of C-1 in play, and I believe Zoroark's combo skill will far outstrip having Dusknoir, while a Darkrai with SL3 or above should really help in keeping the disruptions at bay.


    ~ It's fine. She's an extreme omnivore. ~

    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Splatoon 2

  9. #13159
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Mid Childa
    Posts
    1,332

    Default

    Noted. What about 150 and 175? Any recommended teams to skimp out on some items?


    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________

    I'll never understand why people think that wishing to an Angry Sky Fairy actually works.

  10. #13160
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    The Time-Space Continuum
    Posts
    2,010

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sceptilite89 View Post
    If you need to get some extra levels on your Pokemon, then grind on stage 21 (Buneary). It gives 30 Exp. to each Pokemon, and 60 to whoever gets the crown. And stage 37 (Meowth) is the most reliable source of coins.
    Ooh, thanks for that! I'll take that advice on for tomorrow.
    Banner by me!

    Serebii.net Fanfiction Profile

    Note: I often struggle to get motivated to write or draw. Just because I don't update a story or my art gallery in a while does not mean that I've given up on that story or drawing. If I decide to cancel a project, I will post in the corresponding thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by MetalSonic View Post
    Did they ever figure out who let the dogs out?
    Ongoing Stories:
    Bonds Between Children of Tragedy ~ Pokemon White Abridged ~ Encounters of an Elite Four Member
    One-Shots:
    Left Alone ~ A Simple Kalosian's Story
    Gallery:
    Nerdy McNerdface's Chibi Gallery

  11. #13161
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    811

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Secundum View Post
    Recommended teams?
    Mega T-Tar and your best SE Pokemon for all pretty much.

    150: All Items minus Complexity should be enough.

    175: 175 can probably be done with Complexity, Attack Power Up and +5 Moves I'd say. I'd do a DD personally and maybe pass on the Mega Start. I did all items and it was massive overkill. You'll want Zoroark here as it is a 3 Pokemon stage, but has 90k HP so don't skimp too much on items.

    200: All Items, Mega T-Tar, Yveltal, Darkrai and Hoopa-U is what I used. It only has 59k HP, so shouldn't be too hard.

    I usually aim to overkill somewhat, so you might be able to do some of these cheaper, but I'd rather spend more and just be done with it.

  12. #13162
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    18,965

    Default

    Wait, I forget. Was it 175 that didn't have a fifth support, or was it the last one?


    ~ It's fine. She's an extreme omnivore. ~

    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Splatoon 2

  13. #13163

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Wait, I forget. Was it 175 that didn't have a fifth support, or was it the last one?
    Only 200 has forced support.

    That said, I actually ended up completing this EB, the first time I did so since Decidueye. Only needed items on 150 (AP↑, Diancie/Masquerain/Dusknoir/Mimikyu), 175 (AP↑/MS/DD/M+5, Tyranitar/Masquerain/Darkrai/Dusknoir), and 200 (AP↑/MS/DD/M+5, Tyranitar/Masquerain/Darkrai/Dusknoir). All of those are "cheap out" strats but really RNG reliant (I failed 150 twice and 175 once with aforementioned items, but the 175 fail I had Mimikyu over Darkrai), especially 200 where I had to rely on a Mo3 LDE proc on the top row and some lucky skyfall to win on the last turn. Not something I would recommend without a buffed Dusknoir and confidence in tapping (for 175/200 anyway).

    With that done and all the new content out of the way (Safari got knocked over quickly, Tapu Lele was a 10,100 coin drain, only managed 106k in the RNGfest), I'm off to Meowth to recover coins.

  14. #13164
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Riding the Hexpress
    Posts
    965

    Default

    Making good progress in the Safari, only have Trumbeak and Drampa left to catch. Tapu Lele looks to be another Pokémon that needs a full item run to get a good catch rate, I may end up waiting till Friday (when the Coin Mania Meowth arrives) or next week before having a go at it.
    Credit to Brutaka for the awesome banner!


    I have claimed Drapion, Yo-Kai Watch 2: Fleshy Souls and Fiora from Xenoblade Chronicles.

  15. #13165
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    18,965

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Its_A_Random View Post
    Only 200 has forced support.
    Oh.

    I do remember using C-1 for both 175 and 200. Zoroark was used over Dusknoir for 175 because of the combo multiplier.


    ~ It's fine. She's an extreme omnivore. ~

    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Splatoon 2

  16. #13166
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Lavender Town, Violet City UK?
    Posts
    334

    Default

    Does no-one bother to read earlier posts in this thread? I gave details of my EB run above.
    A quiet week to allow me to restock coins. Missing old SM big time! Not in a hurry to complete the Safari.
    Danjal: Pikachu, use Agility!

    Pikanjal: Chuuu!

    I didn't do my best
    Therefore I have regrets
    The Saviour did His best for us
    I do not regret choosing Him

    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Moon has set on this latest adventure.

  17. #13167
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    18,965

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Krokketto Prime Danjal View Post
    Does no-one bother to read earlier posts in this thread?
    Hardly anybody in this forum reads old posts...

    We're all lazy.


    ~ It's fine. She's an extreme omnivore. ~

    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Splatoon 2

  18. #13168
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,212

    Default

    Safari is done, tapu lele is caught... I went in with a bad team, still managed to beat it with 0 moves left, and got an SCP on a great ball to 41%. By some bleeping miracle, it stuck.

    Still waiting for advice on what I should try for stage 150 of that EB... I failed it four times already.


    Regigigas fan

    My Shiny Legendaries!


    3DS FC: 2595 - 1763 - 0232




  19. #13169
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    409

    Default

    I got the Safari done quickly thanks to the NHN trial. I was also able to catch Archeops, as it was one of the few Pokemon that I've missed (Now I just need Magmortar and Breloom). I'm going to train Shiny T-Tar before I go anywhere near Lele.

    Skill-swapping Meloetta. Yay or nay?
    On a journey to 100% the Pokébank Dex!
    Currently seeking: Female Shiny Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, or Venusaur
    Please PM me if you have one and are willing to trade!

    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    † I am a Christian, and proud to be one! Copy and paste this if you are too.†


    3DS Friend Code: 1607-2130-1527

  20. #13170
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Mid Childa
    Posts
    1,332

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberra View Post
    Safari is done, tapu lele is caught... I went in with a bad team, still managed to beat it with 0 moves left, and got an SCP on a great ball to 41%. By some bleeping miracle, it stuck.

    Still waiting for advice on what I should try for stage 150 of that EB... I failed it four times already.
    Mega TTar, Zoroark, Hooper-U, and a filler dark type.
    I used all items bar a complexity, and finished it with 11 moves left and the disruption delay still active.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerdy McNerdface View Post
    Ooh, thanks for that! I'll take that advice on for tomorrow.
    Actually, Ampharos is the exp-grinding stage, not Buneary, as it gives 50 and 100, respectively.
    Last edited by Secundum; Yesterday at 7:50 PM.


    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________

    I'll never understand why people think that wishing to an Angry Sky Fairy actually works.

  21. #13171
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Secundum View Post
    Actually, Ampharos is the exp-grinding stage, not Buneary, as it gives 50 and 100, respectively.
    Yes, but if you saw the original reply that Nerdy McNerdface sent;

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerdy McNerdface View Post
    I can't even remember what I lasted posted here, but meh I'll just give an update.

    So I've been catching/levelling up more mons, and I'm currently at Stage 90 - Mega Mawile. I've been trying all day to defeat this thing (complete with a massive 30-heart boost from something) and still no luck.
    Then you would know that he/she has only reached stage 90, and therefore hasn't unlocked Ampharos yet. Buneary is the next best option.
    On a journey to 100% the Pokébank Dex!
    Currently seeking: Female Shiny Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, or Venusaur
    Please PM me if you have one and are willing to trade!

    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    † I am a Christian, and proud to be one! Copy and paste this if you are too.†


    3DS Friend Code: 1607-2130-1527

  22. #13172
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    18,965

    Default

    Tapu Lele is such a disgusting stage that you need all items to even have a chance at clearing it. The atrocious base catch rate is there to remind you that it will not be nice to your coins if you try going in cheap with a few of them. (I did catch it with all items...after 2 Great Balls.)

    Truly a sadist at heart.


    ~ It's fine. She's an extreme omnivore. ~

    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Splatoon 2

  23. #13173
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    20,575

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Tapu Lele is such a disgusting stage that you need all items to even have a chance at clearing it. The atrocious base catch rate is there to remind you that it will not be nice to your coins if you try going in cheap with a few of them. (I did catch it with all items...after 2 Great Balls.)

    Truly a sadist at heart.
    Beat it once without complexity and it escaped from 3 great balls (after SCP) to 58%
    Using complexity I still needed another 2 great balls to get it, though this was at 36%

    Awful. Whatever, on to safari.

  24. #13174
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Mid Childa
    Posts
    1,332

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Its_A_Random View Post
    Only 200 has forced support.

    That said, I actually ended up completing this EB, the first time I did so since Decidueye. Only needed items on 150 (AP↑, Diancie/Masquerain/Dusknoir/Mimikyu), 175 (AP↑/MS/DD/M+5, Tyranitar/Masquerain/Darkrai/Dusknoir), and 200 (AP↑/MS/DD/M+5, Tyranitar/Masquerain/Darkrai/Dusknoir). All of those are "cheap out" strats but really RNG reliant (I failed 150 twice and 175 once with aforementioned items, but the 175 fail I had Mimikyu over Darkrai), especially 200 where I had to rely on a Mo3 LDE proc on the top row and some lucky skyfall to win on the last turn. Not something I would recommend without a buffed Dusknoir and confidence in tapping (for 175/200 anyway).

    With that done and all the new content out of the way (Safari got knocked over quickly, Tapu Lele was a 10,100 coin drain, only managed 106k in the RNGfest), I'm off to Meowth to recover coins.
    Eh, your 175 strat failed twice for me - came nowhere near beating it, even with fully skilled out mons.

    Edit: make that 3 times. I legit have no idea how the **** you managed to do it with only those items and that team unless you were getting 50+ combos every time.
    Last edited by Secundum; Yesterday at 9:42 PM.


    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________

    I'll never understand why people think that wishing to an Angry Sky Fairy actually works.

  25. #13175
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Lavender Town, Violet City UK?
    Posts
    334

    Default

    EB 175: use the complexity-1 and a tapping Mega. The stage becomes 3 mon. Add +5 if you really want the extra security but it shouldn't be needed. A skilled Darkrai vastly helps.

    200: all items. Again, set up sleep charm when DD wears off. Preferably M Tyranitar or Absol.

    SORTED!!!

    This was not a hard EB even without Dusknoir's boosted LDE.
    Danjal: Pikachu, use Agility!

    Pikanjal: Chuuu!

    I didn't do my best
    Therefore I have regrets
    The Saviour did His best for us
    I do not regret choosing Him

    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Moon has set on this latest adventure.

Page 527 of 527 FirstFirst ... 427477517523524525526527

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •