Page 518 of 541 FirstFirst ... 418468508514515516517518519520521522528 ... LastLast
Results 12,926 to 12,950 of 13512

Thread: Pokémon Shuffle General Discussion

Decided to do mission cards...the ivysaur card is annoying. You have to destroy every block on the field in 4 moves. This is harder than it sounds?! Several tries and the one try I got them all, I failed to kill it

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    That ability means absolutely nothing for main stages for catching or S-ranking purposes with limits of 5 moves or more.

Though it may be a rare lifesaver in escalations.
    The way I see it, (skill boosted) LDE and friends (except Swarm) are useful for three things: EB's, Competitions, and PSB Farming. EB's and PSB Farming should be self explanatory, reliable huge burst damage in the last few turns can allow you to get immense DPS to win stages you shouldn't be able to win otherwise, allowing you to cheap out boss stages and helping when you get a PSB drop and need to secure it. For competitions? They can be really useful (outside of the last competition because lol). Basically, a reliable burst damage user in the last four turns allow you to go for a big push to get that big score to go up a few tiers, allowing you to get at least 30k off burst damage alone in the last few turns. Pretty valuable (especially in LDE's case, 15× DMG at SL5 with 50/100/100 rates).

Hyper Bolt though? Not too keen on it, the Mo3 and Mo4 rates aren't super reliable though there is the really high damage cap, but it gives a great "desparate" burster against Water-types, since otherwise, your best SE LDE Pokémon against those types are... Dartrix and Lombre (Flying-types have Regirock which got RML buffs and will probably have a PSB Farmable repeat soon).

EDIT: Apparently it's been discovered that Hyper Bolt isn't 100% on a Mo5? Well I guess that makes that investment more shaky if that is true.
    Last edited by Its_A_Random; 15th June 2017 at 12:48 PM.

I've caught the rest of the special stage 'mons I didn't have and am back to grinding coins. Up to over 78k, which means I'll be good for another big push forward soon. Hoping to finally get my paws on mega tyranitar and make some progress toward hoopa-U since people have given me grief about not having it yet.

Regigigas fan

My Shiny Legendaries!

3DS FC: 2595 - 1763 - 0232

god

i went into magearna....and used moves+5 instead of exp x1.5

I'm up to main stage 408 (dewgong) now. Used the jewel from mega scizor to unlock meowth and get more coins. Which reinforced just how much I hate the new meowth.

Dewgong is being a pain. Gonna try an m-sceptile grass team next.

Edit: M-ttar's outline has appeared on my screen. I should be up to its stage the next time my hearts regen... I just dropped a big fat S on graveler. I'm only down to 50k coins, so I have enough to take a damn good shot at reaching hoopa-U and finishing up this area before I run out.
    Last edited by Cyberra; 19th June 2017 at 10:19 AM.

Regigigas fan

My Shiny Legendaries!

Main stage M-Sharpedo is designed for M-Diancie, as it disrupts barriers after you pull off like 3 or more combos.

With a Risk Taker Machamp and your strongest team members (provided they have been candied), toss in M+5, MS, and C-1 (no DD because you want the extra punch damage from the disruptions letting Diancie deliver big hits). Just be mindful about the 4x4 central 3rd disruption, so set up a clean Diancie match outside that block of barriers.

It's relatively possible to S-rank the stage without C-1, but don't underestimate the Sharpedo fifth support slowing down your combos a lot... Toss in C-1.

~ Big adventures start with big bites ~

Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Splatoon 2 - Super Mario Odyssey - Xenoblade Chronicles 2

I was building my coin stash back up and doing SM before the weekend. Had a really good run where I got to MMY with 51 moves (3RT + M Beedrill), probably my best without the BF assist, in fact that was better than some of my BF runs.

I've been notching up the Prasino Woods S ranks and unlocked Rapidash but haven't played it yet. 13 esses to go and also 13 Pokémon still to catch.

I totally smashed my record for weekend Meowth scoring 5 figures for the first time: 11300! Too bad I didn't play a few more stages with items, I had about 92000 coins at the time since I usually only get 6-7k.

Strange to say this but I'm actually hoping for an escalation later in the update. The 150 stage EBs are a good format, it would be nice to see one of the older ones repeated and since the recent competitions have not looked favourably upon me, an EB would be a good way for me to stock up on some rare items that I've missed from the comps. I don't want a Safari though.
    Danjal: Pikachu, use agility!

Pikanjal: Piiii!

I didn't do my best
    Therefore I have regrets
    The Saviour did His best for us
    I do not regret choosing Him

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ultra Something-or-other?
    Sinnoh DOES NOT need a remake!

Got all the main stages s-ranked and captured. Unfortunately some of the stages were big coin sinks to the point where I am now broke. 10th try S-Rank on Mega Sharpedo with MS/M+5 with Diancie and three burst damage uers (suffered consistently bad RNG), Pangoro took 15k coins to S-Rank. Some of the others were bad, but at least we got up to date on that part. Going to coin grind until Weekend Alolan Meowth before attempting the new content and then tackle Serperior afterwards. Rapidash? Had the appropriate gear (Ashgren, Hippowdon) so itemless wins were consistent, but it took about 20 hearts to capture coinless, with the catch happening on a 1% chance (where my best odds were 21%).

I am proud to say I am up to stage 441 in the main stages. Haven't gotten too many S-ranks, but enough to unlock both luxray and malamar in the expert stages. Really gonna have to go back and S some earlier stages.

Damned and determined to get that hoopa. I'm within striking distance of it.

Regigigas fan

My Shiny Legendaries!

Got the Safari that I didn't want and the ever growing number of Pikachu that no one wants takes another step towards reality. Shiny Gyarados Costume Pikachu!? You forgot to make it wink, GS! Oh, and 2 itemless attempts and I can't beat it. My luck was good prior to taking it on too. 1 heart on Gyarados and it dropped 3 PSBs and on my very first heart in the Safari, Magikarp Pikachu appeared and even though I slightly messed the stage up (think it can be beaten in one move, it took me two) I caught it in a Pokéball. Arbok S ranked; 12 to go.

I didn't do my best
    Therefore I have regrets

To beat Magikarp Pikachu, you have to move the one Magikarp Pikachu at A4 to the middle of the four bunch on top so Swap++ triggers and replaces all rocks with more of them.

...Though ironically, I also ended up doing it in two moves before I realized the above, and even with the horrid catch rate, it stayed in the Poke Ball. WHEW!

Last week I grinded Landorus to SL5 and cleared the remaining Main Stages. Mega Sharpedo was S-Ranked with M-Diancie, (Lv.15/SL1) Xerneas, (Lv.20/SL3) Machamp, (Lv.20/SL5) and Genesect (Lv.15/SL2).
    I've got every Pikachu out of the way but Gyarados Costume. It's up to RNG now to determine how quickly I can get to working on Main Stage S-Ranks and captures.

And now that we have two different Pikachu with the same Skill, I would just like to point out how lazy and inconsistent the Medal Ranking system is. Winking Pikachu and Magikarp Costume Pikachu both have 50BP and Swap++, and yet Winking Pikachu has a 2 Medal ranking while Magikarp Pikachu has a 3 medal ranking. Like seriously, why? They really shouldn't even have introduced the feature if that's how much they care about it.
    On a journey to 100% the Pokébank Dex!
    Currently seeking: Female Shiny Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, or Venusaur
    Please PM me if you have one and are willing to trade!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

† I am a Christian, and proud to be one! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

3DS Friend Code: 1607-2130-1527

caught sinnoh pikachu on a scp..worth it, honestly, because the catch rate is terrible. And oh my god piplup & turtwig. Please just release both those lines soon without the ex stage nonsense Serperior & Samurott went through

and then shiny pikados scp'd to 98% so...yeah ok sure. Now I can spend the next week focused on the safari with side trips to meowth as needed

Yes! The Safari is done already, less than 10 hearts spent on it. Probably didn't play the Gyarados Pikachu Costume stage correctly, it kinda caught me off guard but still caught it in a 40% Pokéball. I wasted no time chucking a great ball at SinnohChu when I got SCP. Just waiting for SCP on SGCChu then it's back to perfecting Prasino Woods.

I didn't do my best
    Therefore I have regrets

Pika Gyara can be beaten doing the same move three times: D2 to E4. That's all you need to do. You'll get a catch rate of 40%.

And I managed to finish the safari in one day. Thank goodness...

I have caught Hoopa Unbound. Leading up to it, I watched several videos of the stage on youtube to get an idea of what it was like, then I went into it with the team Pak Adi Yak suggested in his video and all items. Not only did I catch it on the first try (SCP to 89%, GB), I dropped a big fat S on its ugly face. Never gonna have to play that stage again.

I've spent the rest of the day grinding hoopa on ampharos. I have it up to lvl 7 already and it'll be lvl 8 before the end of the night. Taking down hoopa KO'ed my coin stash, though, so I'll be grinding a bit before I can even start the safari. Thankfully nothing seems to be ending this week.

Regigigas fan

My Shiny Legendaries!

60+ hearts, 0 Gyarados Pikachu. Just the usual reminder that Safaris need to be retired and NEVER BROUGHT BACK.

Quote Originally Posted by HylianGlaceon View Post
    60+ hearts, 0 Gyarados Pikachu. Just the usual reminder that Safaris need to be retired and NEVER BROUGHT BACK.
    I haven't been counting, but I'm somewhere in that boat. But it's not a bad Safari to be stuck in, I suppose. There's a coin stage, an Exp. Stage, and an occasional Exp. Booster; so at least it's not a total waste of hearts.
    On a journey to 100% the Pokébank Dex!
    Currently seeking: Female Shiny Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, or Venusaur
    Please PM me if you have one and are willing to trade!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

† I am a Christian, and proud to be one! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

3DS Friend Code: 1607-2130-1527

Quote Originally Posted by HylianGlaceon View Post
    hmmm interesting, interesting but have you considered bringing back safaris that already had 1% rare encounters and adding.....more??

e: there is absolutely going to be an unown safari featuring all 26 unowns at once and we will all collectively die

e2: Gyarados Pikachu is a gimmie. D2 -> E4. This resets the board. Do this three times and pikachu dies and gives you 40% base shot.
    Last edited by R_N; 21st June 2017 at 11:30 PM.

Keep up the good progress, Cyberra.

I have S ranked all of the main stages now. Fortunately I didn't need to use a C-1 on Ditto, Lucario's Pummel helped greatly as well as MS Tyranitar. Got a very lucky end skyfall with M Beedrill matches to enable me to S Basculin with just M+5 first time. I had to do Mega Sharpedo twice though to get the S; I was one move short the first time. The second time, I had a worse starting board, fewer opportunities for Pixie Power and a board reset after the fourth disruption but generally better combos, I was able to clear the third disruption quicker and the reset actually helped. Team and items for both were M Diancie (15), Xerneas (20, Quirky + SL5), Togekiss (15, SL3) and Florges (10); M+5, MS, C-1 (my Azumarill is still too weak).

Haven't tried Rapidash or Serperior yet but I will when I'm ready. I'll probably farm SM and various PSB stages for now. My remaining captures can also wait for a bit.

I didn't do my best
    Therefore I have regrets

S-ranking Ditto shouldn't need a C-1...if you invested a lot of RMLs on Machamp, Lucario, Medicham, and leveled their skills up a lot. And maybe for some more coverage, had trained Ditto itself. Then you go in with M+5, MS, and DD.

I would not recommend prioritizing Pummel over Risk Taker unless you can see there's going to be a decent combo opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    S-ranking Ditto shouldn't need a C-1...if you invested a lot of RMLs on Machamp, Lucario, Medicham, and leveled their skills up a lot. And maybe for some more coverage, had trained Ditto itself. Then you go in with M+5, MS, and DD.

I would not recommend prioritizing Pummel over Risk Taker unless you can see there's going to be a decent combo opportunity.
    All of those fighting types you listed are fully RMLed on my game and I used those exact items but I had to rely on Pummel because, well, I still have eject on Machamp. I'll change it to RT if and when its PSB stage returns which could be a long time but I've managed this long without it. I haven't caught Ditto and I don't like throwing a great ball when an S is on the line and I've paid for items *looking at you, Tentacruel!*

I didn't do my best
    Therefore I have regrets

Quote Originally Posted by Krokketto Prime Danjal View Post
    All of those fighting types you listed are fully RMLed on my game and I used those exact items but I had to rely on Pummel because, well, I still have eject on Machamp. I'll change it to RT if and when its PSB stage returns which could be a long time but I've managed this long without it. I haven't caught Ditto and I don't like throwing a great ball when an S is on the line and I've paid for items *looking at you, Tentacruel!*
    You're sooo missing a lot without Risk Taker Machamp. The fact Normal-types have only one true weakness only boosts its usefulness.

I got hoopa-U up high enough that a single run through magearna will max it. Was back on the coin grind the last couple of days. Used the jewel I got for beating m-ttar to get three extra tries at weekend meowth and got back up to over40k coins, at which point I decided to hit the safari.

My very first encounter? Magikarp pikachu. Beaten in one move and caught at 28%

Now to find the other one...

Regigigas fan

My Shiny Legendaries!

whew, lucked out and found magikarp pikachu already. THankfully I got a SCP though...the gimmie catch power is nowhere near as good as the gyarados pikachu.

trash meowth run, though. 5700-800

Page 518 of 541 FirstFirst ... 418468508514515516517518519520521522528 ... LastLast