Page 534 of 534 FirstFirst ... 434484524530531532533534
Results 13,326 to 13,349 of 13349

Thread: Pokémon Shuffle General Discussion

I've been ignoring the escalation and I think I may actually sit this competition out. I'm really short of coins and most of my normal-types aren't even fully leveled because normal types, not being SE to anything, aren't particularly useful. I think I'll just concentrate on getting myself back in the game coin-wise.

Regigigas fan

My Shiny Legendaries!

3DS FC: 2595 - 1763 - 0232

Cleared the EB inside of three days with the help of some reserve hearts. Really satisfied with how it went and my execution was really good. Second try 50 and third try 75 though and I failed a couple of anger skips. Really cathartic after the bloopers I had on Shiny Diancie / Decidueye. Forgettable Weekend Meowth and my competition one and done was only 180ish thousand. Off to Meowth until Tuesday, that and making attempts to clear RNG City (aka SM 2.0) itemless or as cheaply as possible (Best attempt at that was 48 stages cleared itemless with Shot Out strats). Also I caught Serperior so I need to get some S-Ranks done to unlock and catch Dugtrio.

I took the time to S Rank Kricketot and catch him since the stage was so easy. Didn't even need items.
    SO hey thats....that's one s rank down. I also beat Bagon, no s rank, then ran into a wall with cyrogonal. I'll just let him be. I have 10k coins left and I'd like a bigger buffer.

Also I went close to 50 on Celebi but I think I may not even bother getting the MSU like usual. I don't have a trained Dusknoir and he has no SLs to make the stage consistent itemless. Decidueye I at least had a max level heatran with SL4.

e: lmao i always forget how trash non-alolan meowth is. went 5 moves with no combos and didn't mega evolve until 5th move
    Last edited by R_N; 15th September 2017 at 1:56 PM.

I've stopped at stage 106 in the escalation for now to recoup coins. I have still not attempted Bulu's stage yet. Null was easy and caught in a Pokéball after 2 tries. I beat Silvally with attack boost, (free) DD and M+5 with SMMX (5, 3/3), Machamp, Lucario and Meloetta although it cost me 2 great balls at sixty something percent.

I used Silvally in a fighting team against Eevee to try it out and give it some initial experience and all I can say is 'Wow! That ability.' I wish I'd caught it sooner. Got 2 boosters which was nice and they both popped out at once due to the big damage (over 90% in one move).
    Danjal: Pikachu, use Agility!

Pikanjal: Chuuu! (That Miltank will haunt me forever!)

I didn't do my best
    Therefore I have regrets
    The Saviour did His best for us
    I do not regret choosing Him

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ultra Something-or-other?
    Sinnoh DOES NOT need a remake!

Is there anyone else here that receives only one Skill Booster from Eevee sometimes? It enrages me when that happens.

so -snorlax- on smogon
    For 150 I used Drifblim, Dusknoir, Vikavolt and Hoopa-U, but the former two are all you need to win. Basically, you must remove the central icon from the cross right after activating Cross Attack, just before the game processes the second match. This way, Cross Attack's damage multiplier gets transferred to the following match you make. Assuming that the recipient is a perfect Dusknoir, activating LDE on a mo4 you will deal 110x2x1,5x15x3x3=44550 damage, more than enough to instantly OHKO Celebi XD
    and a few others on smogong were able to recreate that

this is insane for timed stages so maybe use it while you can?
    Last edited by R_N; 16th September 2017 at 11:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    so -snorlax- on smogon

and a few others on smogong were able to recreate that

this is insane for timed stages so maybe use it while you can?
    I've actually known about this exploit for a while (around the time Noivern was PSB Farmable which was when it got discovered because people were bringing Luxray to that stage because Cross Attack+ is really good) and managed to clear the whole EB itemless megaless with this tactic. I also did a lot of research on Passimian last week into how this exploit works and whatnot. If you are curious as to how it works, I can PM you a Pastebin detailing it and how GS can (and probably will) patch this thing. Because at this point, now that it's out there, it's going to get patched. Not a matter of if, but a matter of when now.

Note that this actually works with all shape boost abilities and if you are planning to use this exploit, I recommend L-Boost because it's much less prone to random skyfall combos from my testing and is also much friendlier for 76-99, 100, 50, and 175.
    Last edited by Its_A_Random; 17th September 2017 at 12:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Its_A_Random View Post
    I've actually known about this exploit for a while (around the time Noivern was PSB Farmable which was when it got discovered because people were bringing Luxray to that stage because Cross Attack+ is really good) and managed to clear the whole EB itemless megaless with this tactic. I also did a lot of research on Passimian last week into how this exploit works and whatnot. If you are curious as to how it works, I can PM you a Pastebin detailing it and how GS can (and probably will) patch this thing. Because at this point, now that it's out there, it's going to get patched. Not a matter of if, but a matter of when now.

Note that this actually works with all shape boost abilities and if you are planning to use this exploit, I recommend L-Boost because it's much less prone to random skyfall combos from my testing and is also much friendlier for 76-99, 100, 50, and 175.
    Man this would have made serperior leagues easier. And sure, i'd appreciat the PM. I may not go through the escalation regardless, but if other, terrible timed stages come out before they patch it, details would be nice!

e: lmao i always forget how trash non-alolan meowth is. went 5 moves with no combos and didn't mega evolve until 5th move
    Just typical RNG. I had 5400, 5900, 6400 and 11000 this week. RNG being trash on 3 of those runs.

Beyond that, the Celebi Escalation is horrid and we have Complexity available in our Slot Machine event for this week. All we need is an Ultra Beast with a mandatory SL5 LDE user and a Safari with a 0.01% encounter rate to make this week perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by HylianGlaceon View Post
    Just typical RNG. I had 5400, 5900, 6400 and 11000 this week. RNG being trash on 3 of those runs.

Beyond that, the Celebi Escalation is horrid and we have Complexity available in our Slot Machine event for this week. All we need is an Ultra Beast with a mandatory SL5 LDE user and a Safari with a 0.01% encounter rate to make this week perfect.
    non-alolan meowth almost always gets me sub 6000
    alolan meowth i tend towards 6000-7000, with lucky 8000-10000

And Celebi 150 is complete BS. Without a Complexity good luck ever setting up a Dusknoir match with the thousands of Celebis the board spawns and 0 Dusknoir. Without a DD and even after that, good luck keeping a combo because if it disrupts over a match it automatically drops your combo. Even with a full item run with a Complexity I could barely beat this trash. Seriously eff this Escalation. Can't wait to get through 175 and be done with this hell. Worst Timed Escalation by far.

I haven't found it that bad. I managed itemless all the way up to 149, and while I needed items, I didn't need a complexity. You just need to keep the Zoroark combo going rather than relying on Dusknoir.

That said, I've been grinding coins for the last couple of days-are 175 and 200 really worth going for?

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________

I'll never understand why people think that wishing to an Angry Sky Fairy actually works.

I just cleared 100 itemless with seconds to spare and a Lv.1 Silvally. Typeless Combo is really something else; it might even render the other combo skills obsolete.

I also did some random junk on the Alakazam comp. All items bar C-1 gave me 50K. Meh.
    On a journey to 100% the Pokébank Dex!
    Currently seeking: Female Shiny Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, or Venusaur
    Please PM me if you have one and are willing to trade!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

† I am a Christian, and proud to be one! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

3DS Friend Code: 1607-2130-1527

Yeah, Typeless Combo is fun...But only having a trigger of 40% even on a match of 5? Meh. Good for non-timed stages I guess, but I really liked being able to 4 or 5 match another comboer and having it guarantee to go off.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________

I'll never understand why people think that wishing to an Angry Sky Fairy actually works.

Quote Originally Posted by Secundum View Post
    Yeah, Typeless Combo is fun...But only having a trigger of 40% even on a match of 5? Meh. Good for non-timed stages I guess, but I really liked being able to 4 or 5 match another comboer and having it guarantee to go off.
    otoh 75% chance at SL5 on a match of 3

otoh 75% chance at SL5 on a match of 3
    It's a pretty hefty cost at 150 PSB's though...

Anyhow, Shiny Ho-Oh get as was expected. Now to watch as they shove a Shiny Ho-Oh competition down our throats next week. Oh, and they will probably expect us to level up Feraligatr and PSB farm its Barrier Shot skill (by SS) as its stage probably decides to conveniently repeat...

That said, got the Unown Safari done in seven hearts and three GB's used. Nothing too bad to worry about and the rarest Unown (N) "only" has a 10% appearance rate. Better than my SM 2.0 attempts which still have a tendency to often die to either MMY, Mega Aero, or Mega Heracross, with only three runs making it to the start of the Roseus Centre section of the run (neither made it to Deoxys though).

EDIT: Got that prediction wrong, Feraligatr is going to come, but it's going to be in two week's time as opposed to next week like I predicted. Also there is a "Mega Start" Festival starting next week which allows you to use Mega Start on Stages 1-150 for free (sans a few select stages).
    Last edited by Its_A_Random; Yesterday at 10:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Its_A_Random View Post
    EDIT: Got that prediction wrong, Feraligatr is going to come, but it's going to be in two week's time as opposed to next week like I predicted. Also there is a "Mega Start" Festival starting next week which allows you to use Mega Start on Stages 1-150 for free (sans a few select stages).
    At this point I'll welcome any assistance for newbies with open arms. As for us...idk, quicker Ampharos grinding? Maybe MS and a tapper will have applications on Meowth.
    On a journey to 100% the Pokébank Dex!
    Currently seeking: Female Shiny Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, or Venusaur
    Please PM me if you have one and are willing to trade!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

† I am a Christian, and proud to be one! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

3DS Friend Code: 1607-2130-1527

Caught I, C & E. C took the longest. Bring mega beedrill or shiny ray for these, so much unown clutters the board alongside annoying disruptions

Aww, how sweet. The four Unown spell NICE on the screen.

This game is anything BUT nice.

~ Rabbid Mario: Watch out, we have a badass over here. ~

Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Splatoon 2 - Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Aww, how sweet. The four Unown spell NICE on the screen.

This game is anything BUT nice.
    You know the worst part is if they want to keep spelling words, the vowels kind of need to be in every single unown safari from now on.

The Safari is done, now I'm building coins back up before I get back to the escalation (125) and see what else is worth PSB farming.

I came 17th in the M Alakazam Lucky Dip (559k). Now that was NICE! Shiny Gyarados already had full speed ups and RMLs but besides getting Silvally and Porygon Z to level 10 and Typeless Combo to level 3 that was as much investment as I did with full items. Probably would have been top 10 easily if I'd swapped Porygon's skill. Mind you, that run took ages to complete, glad I wasn't in a hurry.
    Danjal: Pikachu, use Agility!

Pikanjal: Chuuu! (That Miltank will haunt me forever!)

I didn't do my best
    Therefore I have regrets
    The Saviour did His best for us
    I do not regret choosing Him

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ultra Something-or-other?
    Sinnoh DOES NOT need a remake!

I tried that Cross Attack + LDE trick.

Holy hell. The move dealt over 50k of damage in one move, and that wasn't with an AP+ in play.

~ Rabbid Mario: Watch out, we have a badass over here. ~

Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Splatoon 2 - Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle

Finished the safari. I caught the I first, then N. C decided to be a bugger, broke out of an ultra ball at 90% with SCP XP Stayed in the second one, though. N also required an ultra ball but it was max SCP so it only took one. I and E were both caught in regular balls at low catch rates.

Back to meowth again.

Regigigas fan

My Shiny Legendaries!

3DS FC: 2595 - 1763 - 0232

Quote Originally Posted by Secundum View Post
    I haven't found it that bad. I managed itemless all the way up to 149, and while I needed items, I didn't need a complexity. You just need to keep the Zoroark combo going rather than relying on Dusknoir.

That said, I've been grinding coins for the last couple of days-are 175 and 200 really worth going for?
    Good luck doing that with 90% of the board being Celebi and the disruption automatically breaks your combo. There's something really buggy about the stage. I never had this much trouble on Kyurem.

175 was trash too since I thought it was a 4 Pokemon stage since 150 and 200 were clearly marked on the reddit as 5 pokemon stages but no mention of 175 being 5 support. Wasted 7300 coins and had to do a full item run with Complexity to beat it. Why the hell wasn't it marked?

Zoroark and Dusknoir were completely useless for the Escalation too. I regret ever investing in either of them. Should've just ignored them and used my regular high AP team with no gimmicks and overspent with Complexities on 150 and 175 due to the amount of BS these stages have.

Off to Stage 37 hell until Saturday or so when I might be able to touch the Main Stages again.

Page 534 of 534 FirstFirst ... 434484524530531532533534