Page 522 of 540 FirstFirst ... 422472512518519520521522523524525526532 ... LastLast
Results 13,026 to 13,050 of 13490

Thread: Pokémon Shuffle General Discussion

Mamoswine is kind of good on either ability and doesn't really need to be SS'd. If you SS'd Diancie to Mega Boost+ for its Mega Effect, Mamoswine is kinda needed for Mega Rayquaza teams against Dragon types unless you want to use Zygarde 50% (which does work fine, but some people hate a Dragon type with Mega Ray). For BB+, Diancie and Zygarde 50% cover Dragons (if not SS'd for Diancie), Raikou covers Flying and Palkia covers Ground. Burst Damage wise, Goodra and Ash Greninja hit Dragon and Ground types harder with Unity Power and Emolga (Main Stage PSB grindable, but meh droprate) covers Flying.

EDIT: Oh and I forgot about Grass since just about everything is SE on it, But Emboar for Burst Damage and Reshiram for BB+.

Also eff this Escalation. 451-499 stretch ends up over 50K HP for 10 Moves on 499. Mew 500 has 91000 HP as well with 15 (20 with +5 Moves) and Mew as 5th support without Complexity. I think GS has finally topped the original Cresselia Escalation for worst escalation. Oh and you'll also need a once useless LDE Dusknoir at SL5 if you want to have any chance at some of these stages. What utter BS GS..

The farthest I would personally recommend is 450, but 350 is a good stopping point too since 400 and 450 are still kinda insane and need full items, just not as ridiculous as 500.
    Last edited by HylianGlaceon; 13th July 2017 at 5:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HylianGlaceon View Post
    Mamoswine is kind of good on either ability and doesn't really need to be SS'd. If you SS'd Diancie to Mega Boost+ for its Mega Effect, Mamoswine is kinda needed for Mega Rayquaza teams against Dragon types unless you want to use Zygarde 50% (which does work fine, but some people hate a Dragon type with Mega Ray). For BB+, Diancie and Zygarde 50% cover Dragons (if not SS'd for Diancie), Raikou covers Flying and Palkia covers Ground. Burst Damage wise, Goodra and Ash Greninja hit Dragon and Ground types harder with Unity Power and Emolga (Main Stage PSB grindable, but meh droprate) covers Flying.

Also eff this Escalation. 451-499 stretch ends up over 50K HP for 10 Moves on 499. Mew 500 has 91000 HP as well with 15 (20 with +5 Moves) and Mew as 5th support without Complexity. I think GS has finally topped the original Cresselia Escalation for worst escalation. Oh and you'll also need a once useless LDE Dusknoir at SL5 if you want to have any chance at some of these stages. What utter BS GS..

The farthest I would personally recommend is 450, but 350 is a good stopping point too since 400 and 450 are still kinda insane and need full items, just not as ridiculous as 500.
    Good to know. I remember the days when I could actually knock out back-to-back EBs. But now it's an uncommon occasion just for me to finish one. I don't even feel like I'm making any real progress anymore because the game's difficulty escalates faster than my Pokemon can.

But Raychu temporarily cheered me up with RML #2 and Triple Drop #1.
    On a journey to 100% the Pokébank Dex!
    Currently seeking: Female Shiny Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, or Venusaur
    Please PM me if you have one and are willing to trade!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

† I am a Christian, and proud to be one! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

3DS Friend Code: 1607-2130-1527

I actually got one SBS from raychu. Otherwise it's still giving me nothing but PSBs XP

I did not SS diancie; I find it's BB+ more useful than MB+. I think I'll leave mamoswine with BB+, at least for the time being. Finished training it on ampharos and am working on shinyraychu.

Regigigas fan

My Shiny Legendaries!

3DS FC: 2595 - 1763 - 0232

Quote Originally Posted by Sceptilite89 View Post
    Good to know. I remember the days when I could actually knock out back-to-back EBs. But now it's an uncommon occasion just for me to finish one. I don't even feel like I'm making any real progress anymore because the game's difficulty escalates faster than my Pokemon can.
    Yeah, odds are, you aren't really making much progress since a lot of the time you need RMLed and Skill Boosted Pokemon. Plus the reward is only slightly more than the cost. Then they don't get used for ages and you have to invest in another one. Like as an example when will Goodra be useful again if you SS'd and Skill Boosted it for the Latios Escalation? Dusknoir for this one is 5 RMLs and 100+ Skill Points, when will LDE be useful after this? How many months until it sees a chance to be useful again? LDE Regirock and Risk Taker Mamoswine also fall into this boat for the Competition.

They really want us to burn through supplies and buy Jewels to waste on every Competition and Escalation sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberra View Post
    I actually got one SBS from raychu. Otherwise it's still giving me nothing but PSBs XP

I did not SS diancie; I find it's BB+ more useful than MB+. I think I'll leave mamoswine with BB+, at least for the time being. Finished training it on ampharos and am working on shinyraychu.
    If you do invest in Mega Diancie with Speedups in the future, do consider Mega Boost+ though. It is pretty useful when Barrier spam happens. Even more useful than Mega Houndoom when Diancie is resisted due to the Mega Evolution speed.

(For reference; when fully sped up, Diancie will evolve in one move if you trigger a Mega Boost+ and at least 3 icons are non-barriered in the match.)

I beat raychu into coughing up an RML this time They sparkle when the package opens

Have finished maxing mamoswine and shinyraychu. Working on luxray now.

Regigigas fan

My Shiny Legendaries!

why....bother cycling in normal meowth.

Like Victini/Magearna I get. You can catch them, different typings to deal with, etc. But meowth....

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    why....bother cycling in normal meowth.

Like Victini/Magearna I get. You can catch them, different typings to deal with, etc. But meowth....
    All of the Weekend events have reverted back to what they were like pre-Alola. Even Eevee's disruptions changed back to what they used to be. No idea why that was necessary, though.
    I will say, I much preferred Alolan Meowth's starting board over its normal counterpart's, so I'm not happy to see it go.

e: Feelin' luck today! Raychu gave me RML#3 and Eevee gave me a rare Triple Drop. I guess now's a good time to start the Regirock grind.
    Last edited by Exsception; 15th July 2017 at 8:29 AM.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow, this Escalation is way worse than I thought. They totally built this around having Dusknoir at Lv. 15 with SL5 Last-Ditch Effort because you're not going to beat these itemless with any sort of consistency. It also seems like RNG is rigged against you during skips. I beat a bunch of stages with 5-6 moves left, got a skip and failed to do even 50% the next time because conveniently Risk Taker was 0/8 and 1/7 on activations. And the majority were 4 matches meaning the supposed 30% fail happened that many times. Even if you don't need it, you need to buy a +5 Moves every skip it seems.

Assuming I can get there, stopping at 400. 401-449 is near impossible without invested Dusknoir because apparently 5 Pokemon stages with High HP are fun for non-boss stages too, right? This garbage requiring Last-Ditch Effort Pokemon really needs to stop. That or they can just shut the game down because I'm at the point where I don't even care anymore about events since every one of them sucks in one way or the other. What ever happened to having fun in this game?

I made it to mega sharpedo. Even with an item run (no DD), seems like you need a fair amount of luck because of course you do. Diancie is only level 6 though...guess I'll put it through Victini because rebuilding and trying again.
    Last edited by R_N; 15th July 2017 at 10:41 PM.

Looks like I'm stopping at 371 because even +5 moves isn't enough to consistently win. Got a skip and had the exact same thing with Risk Taker again, 0 for 9? I think. so it might be intentional programming to screw you. Cresselia's original Escalation got nothing on this scam.

Quote Originally Posted by HylianGlaceon View Post
    Assuming I can get there, stopping at 400. 401-449 is near impossible without invested Dusknoir because apparently 5 Pokemon stages with High HP are fun for non-boss stages too, right?
    This escalation is just a repeat, and Dusknoir was hardly needed last time...

As I've been coin grinding all week, I'm only on stage 200. Has anyone got any advice for the upcoming boss stages? What items are needed etc.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________

I'll never understand why people think that wishing to an Angry Sky Fairy actually works.

Quote Originally Posted by Secundum View Post
    This escalation is just a repeat, and Dusknoir was hardly needed last time...

As I've been coin grinding all week, I'm only on stage 200. Has anyone got any advice for the upcoming boss stages? What items are needed etc.
    I can assure you without Dusknoir you'll be spending 200k+ coins to get to the end if you're insane enough to do that. I need Attack Power Ups to continue from where I'm at since +5 Moves don't cut it anymore. It's either have Dusknoir or overspend. Mew's 91,000 HP on Stage 500 is absolutely ridiculous too.

This lists the horror this Escalation is with the numbers. https://www.reddit.com/r/PokemonShuf...cps/mew_eb_v2/

I haven't touched the escalation yet. I may go just far enough to get the last MSU I need for m-ttar and stop there.

Took my shot at the competition, running m-ttar, luxray (SS'ed), shinyraychu, and regirock. Placed 166th. That rank ain't gonna last but it was a decent score of over 66k

Regigigas fan

My Shiny Legendaries!

i did a pity run just to get free items. TTar/Mamoswine/Regirock/S.R.Chu...got 33580. Honestly not bad? I did the attack power up boost but nothing else, pikachu & mamoswine were both level 1 and no skill swaps on anyone. Regirock was only level 6.

That in mind it's ,uh, it's pretty sad that i am rank 2507 out of 20181 with a mere 7 hours to go

Looks like Mamowsine is pure dead weight even if you bring it, so replace it with your fully invested Angrychu for better results.

~ It was a pain to change this signature. ~

Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Splatoon 2 - Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle

I finished grinding Regirock to SL5 and hit the Comp with a team of M-Tyranitar, Zekrom, (Lv.15/SL2) Regirock, (Lv.15/SL5) and Shiny RayChu (Lv.10/SL1). On the last turn I had a block-heavy board and was left with the decision of going for a 3-Match Regirock and hoping that LDE would trigger; or making a M-Tyranitar match, clearing some blocks, and hoping for a follow-up combo. After sitting there for about five minutes I chose the latter, and made only a combo of three. Regretted that decision immediately. My score at the beginning of the move was 88K, which meant that if I did match the Regirock, and LDE did trigger I would've had a 1st tier score. Instead I'm settling for borderline 2nd tier.

Been spending the whole week progressing through the Mew EB. Up to 350 at the moment and once I clear that, I'll probably call it a day and move on. No coins spent on the EB since I have perfect Dusknoir and my itemless runs on 350 suggest I can win with just AP↑, so it'll be satisfying to get that far on just 3k coins spent (which given how many stages I have won, means I will exit the EB with a net profit). With Dusknoir, 50, 100, 150, 200, and 250 are very much doable itemless, and 300 is doable itemless, but you need some really good luck to the point where Moves +5 is a more reliable strat. Had some bad anger luck though.

Haven't really bothered with the competition, did one item run on Tuesday and got 62k with Tyranitar/Alolan Ninetales/Regirock/Armaldo, skipping DD. The run went okay, but then Freeze+ wore off and the run went south. Oh well. T3/T4 score.

Also if you guys are looking for a stage to PSB Farm in the coming week: Meloetta-Pirouette. 500 coins to enter, and if you can win it reliably, it has a drop rate of 100/50/12.5, so a guaranteed PSB every run at the very least. Nosedive is also a good skill and when fully farmed, turns it into a reliable alternative to Machamp (or you can use both on the same team and have double burst). If you can win all the time, it should take roughly 74 plays to max so less than 40k coins needed.

Got a funny feeling I may get the top prizes since I'm sat in FOURTH place with an hour to go in the competition!

Generally it's been a good week. Raychu gave me 4 RMLs, Eevee gave me 2SBMs and I got a new record (I think) off non-Alolan weekend Meowth of 9300 which took me to the coin cap. I was keeping my coins topped up until today when I burnt a load on getting Regirock from SL4 - SL4.5. Got it to SL5 with some skill boosters which now makes it my 10th 'perfect' Pokémon (since my Landorus-T needs re-perfecting).

I've reached 400 in the escalation. Didn't need items until 150 which annoyingly needed +5 moves twice. 200, 250 and 300 all only required +5 moves each which is an improvement over the last time I did this EB. 200 also needed doing twice. As I got some extra gifts this week I decided to splash out post stage 250 and max out Heracross (MSUs and RMLs), skill boost Darkrai to SL4 and my Dusknoir is SL4, 13 - that's hoarding for you and I've still got plenty left! The 351-400 stretch would be way harder without the boosts to these guys, all of them have been useful and yes, LDE is a powerful tool which has saved me several times, only failed a stage about twice. Skips have mostly been high ones until my last 2. I want to at least try to go to 450, I'm not mad enough to go through the final 50 stages and I'm lucky enough to have acquired RMLs elsewhere.
    Danjal: Pikachu, use agility!

Pikanjal: Piiii!

I didn't do my best
    Therefore I have regrets
    The Saviour did His best for us
    I do not regret choosing Him

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ultra Something-or-other?
    Sinnoh DOES NOT need a remake!

Well, this week is lacklustre...

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________

I'll never understand why people think that wishing to an Angry Sky Fairy actually works.

For anyone trying the safari, I recommend taking SS'd entei and reshiram with you, at least until venomoth pops up. Its stage is very much like venonat's but worse. It adds barriers to all the rocks. After you get venomoth, take in what you want.

Regigigas fan

My Shiny Legendaries!

Where on earth is Regiice this week though

Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the amazing banner.

Looking to trade for apricorn and rare ball pokemon I don't have!

Quote Originally Posted by Inconspicuosaurus
    Dex Entry: "Alolan Raticate gained the Dark type and used it to beat up local Alakazam and steal their mustaches. This explains both the clean-shaven Alolan Alakazam, and the luxuriousness of Alolan Raticate's 'stache"

Quote Originally Posted by Its_A_Random View Post
    Also if you guys are looking for a stage to PSB Farm in the coming week: Meloetta-Pirouette. 500 coins to enter, and if you can win it reliably, it has a drop rate of 100/50/12.5, so a guaranteed PSB every run at the very least. Nosedive is also a good skill and when fully farmed, turns it into a reliable alternative to Machamp (or you can use both on the same team and have double burst). If you can win all the time, it should take roughly 74 plays to max so less than 40k coins needed.
    At first I thought that this was oddly generous, but after playing the stage I realized that it's only fair to have high drop rates on THAT stage. It is not consistently beatable, even with an invested Diancie. You might get somewhere with a Lv. 20 SL5 RT Azumarill, but without it you're looking at failure more than success.

e: Why? This Safari has relatively high catch rates, and yet I'm finding myself to be incapable of catching anything. My only catch so far is Wormadam, and it took two SCP GBs at 87%
    Last edited by Exsception; 18th July 2017 at 10:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sceptilite89 View Post
    At first I thought that this was oddly generous, but after playing the stage I realized that it's only fair to have high drop rates on THAT stage. It is not consistently beatable, even with an invested Diancie. You might get somewhere with a Lv. 20 SL5 RT Azumarill, but without it you're looking at failure more than success.
    You just need an Attack Power Up for anything consistent. It's only 420,000 coins for SL5 Nosedive. Maybe slightly less for double + triple drops or more for occasional failures even with Attack Power Up.

Just another part of why this game is become complete trash. Why even repeat the stage for PSB grinding if it costs that much?

Feelin' pretty good about just investing with skill boosting cookies. Same with Unity Power, mostly.

All those RMLs I got from my second-tier finish two competitions ago I used on azumarill. Still training the thing since it hasn't even reached lvl 10 yet. As for meloetta, mine's Nosedive is SL3 just from the eevee cookies, so I'll boost it that way rather than blowing my coins grinding a stage.

Safari complete

Edit: Oh wow, triple drop from butterfree today. PSB, SBS, and Exp booster L
    Last edited by Cyberra; 19th July 2017 at 10:03 AM.

Regigigas fan

My Shiny Legendaries!

Page 522 of 540 FirstFirst ... 422472512518519520521522523524525526532 ... LastLast