Regigigas fan

My Shiny Legendaries!

3DS FC: 2595 - 1763 - 0232

It doesn't look weird.

It looks cramped.

~ Big adventures start with big bites ~

Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Splatoon 2 - Super Mario Odyssey - Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Yeah, they really should have put the Trainer Rank to the right of the Jewels counter or in a menu.

Excluding forms also seems odd for it. It'd be better to have a reason to catch winking mons after all, but I guess not. Maybe Mewtwo and Charizard would've bugged it.

I think we are bound to get more mons in a future update still. Seems odd to add new abilities for what little we have yet to catch otherwise. Probably USUM mons and some more winking + shinies.

USUM stuff might be waiting for Zeraora reveal.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..

Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by HylianGlaceon View Post
    Yeah, they really should have put the Trainer Rank to the right of the Jewels counter or in a menu.

Excluding forms also seems odd for it. It'd be better to have a reason to catch winking mons after all, but I guess not. Maybe Mewtwo and Charizard would've bugged it.

I think we are bound to get more mons in a future update still. Seems odd to add new abilities for what little we have yet to catch otherwise. Probably USUM mons and some more winking + shinies.
    Future updates are, of course, always possible, but they've been giving out random abilities all over the place so it wouldn't be too surprising, honestly.

for example:
    5 Up Increases damage when you make a match of five. Skill Level will go up more easily! 1.5x — / — / Always 2.25x / 2.7x / 3x / 3.3x 2 / 9 / 27 / 54
    I think we have a 4 Up skill already so they could slap this on like anything. Interesting how it will always activate on a 5 match, though those modifiers arent great. Weird how it mentions its fast skill growth.

Barrier Break Rarely removes all barrier-type disruptions. All barriers! 20% / 40% / 70% +10% / +20% / +25% / +40% 5 / 30 / 70 / 120
    This is just insane, even considering the activation rates. Could easily be an ability for Pheromosa or Kartana.

Blockify+ Sometimes turns up to 10 non-Support Pokémon into blocks. 10 icons 25% / 40% / 70% +10% / +20% / +30% / +40% 5 / 30 / 70 / 120
    This is what blockify should have been to begin with honestly, but I stlil dont see it getting any use. Easy thing to throw on a winking pokemon or make available through skill swapping

Extinction Rarely deals a ton of damage when you make a match of five. 16x — / — / 20% +10% / +15% / 20% / 35% 5 / 30 / 70 / 120
    An absolute trash ability but thats definitely one heck of a name. That said, they could easily give this to Primal Kyogre & Groudon since their entire shtick is, uh, an extinction event.

Fascinate Delays your opponent's disruptions. 1 turn, like Chill (probably) 30% / 30% / 30% +5% / +10% / +15% / +30% 5 / 20 / 40 / 100
    bad, could go to anyone

Poison Rush Increases damage done by combos if the foe is poisoned. 2x (probably) 60% / 70% / Always +10% / +20% / +30% / +40% 2 / 9 / 30 / 70
    we notably have no poison types left without adding Poipole & Nagandal, unless they make Winking Roserade a poison type and give it this. Or they could just make it skill swap exclusive

Shadow Shock Delays your opponent's disruptions and deals even more damage. 3x damage; 1 turn, like Chill (probably) 15% / 25% / Always 4.5x / 6x / 9x / 10.5 5 / 30 / 70 / 120
    This is probably Marshadow's ability.

Definitely an out-of-the-blue update. But a necessary one nonetheless; team saving is SUCH a blessing to have.

The Trainer Rank is nice. At least there's SOME incentive now for catching trash Pokemon outside of completion's sake. I jumped straight to rank 28 and the rewards were welcomed with open arms.
    But seriously, the overworld map is just a bit too cluttered now for such small screens.

The newly added skills are all just bad filler skills. Extinction will likely go to either Pheromosa or Kartana, as most of the UB's skills are synonyms of the word.

One thing that's worth noting is that we can finally view the credits after nearly three years of playing the game. I guess that makes this the final, or at least penultimate major update.
    On a journey to 100% the Pokébank Dex!
    Currently seeking: Female Shiny Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, or Venusaur
    Please PM me if you have one and are willing to trade!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

† I am a Christian, and proud to be one! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

3DS Friend Code: 1607-2130-1527

Haha man what
    So I saw the lucarioite in the trainer rewards but I didn't think to double check it now. Charizardite Y and Lucarioite are mission card rewards too. Did the developers just forget about mission cards, there was 12 other mega stones to pull on for that.

Has anyone gone above 150 in the escalation? What are the later stages like?

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________

I'll never understand why people think that wishing to an Angry Sky Fairy actually works.

Quote Originally Posted by Secundum View Post
    Has anyone gone above 150 in the escalation? What are the later stages like?
    I think 175 is surprisingly easy itemless, or was it 150? I remember the disruptions were single-line vertical blocks but the HP wasn't really hideous against the likes of Last Ditch Effort Zygarde Complete.

198 and 199 are boss stages, but they can be completed using Time+10, Disruption Delay, and AP+. Both grant cookies. I haven't touched the last one yet but I do assume it will have Goomy in it.

Hoo boy, trashy comps just got even trashier for 3DS. Looks like your placing tier in a comp is now determined by a horribly small percentage rather than a set number. Tier 1 requires being in the top 1%. And Tier 2 and 3 require that you're in the top 2% and 3%, respectively.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Exsception View Post
    Hoo boy, trashy comps just got even trashier for 3DS. Looks like your placing tier in a comp is now determined by a horribly small percentage rather than a set number. Tier 1 requires being in the top 1%. And Tier 2 and 3 require that you're in the top 2% and 3%, respectively.
    XP More reason to not bother with competitions anymore.

I caught electrode from the special stages, hit max coins, and decided to make another forward push. Currently I'm tangling with octillery at stage 625. Anyone have any advice for taking down this stubborn octopus?

Regigigas fan

My Shiny Legendaries!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberra View Post
    XP More reason to not bother with competitions anymore.

I caught electrode from the special stages, hit max coins, and decided to make another forward push. Currently I'm tangling with octillery at stage 625. Anyone have any advice for taking down this stubborn octopus?
    Bring either a candied M-Beedrill or SMCX, Alolachu, Shaymin/Bellossom, and some other filler. Using TC can also work out if Sleep Charm manages to proc.

e: Forget what I said about the changes to comp rankings being trashy. It is, in fact, beneficial for the time being.
    Last edited by Exsception; 16th January 2018 at 8:39 AM.

After four tries I finally got fed up and threw a C-1 at it XP Slammed a big fat S down on it and now I never have to look at it again.

Regigigas fan

My Shiny Legendaries!

Shiny yveltal wasnt too bad...though it did require a complexity ad per usual.
    I used shiny mewtwo x as my mega for the winning run but good tapping will work too.

Everything up to yveltal is s ranked cand caught. Just need to make my way through the new area after resrocking coins.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    I think 175 is surprisingly easy itemless, or was it 150? I remember the disruptions were single-line vertical blocks but the HP wasn't really hideous against the likes of Last Ditch Effort Zygarde Complete.

198 and 199 are boss stages, but they can be completed using Time+10, Disruption Delay, and AP+. Both grant cookies. I haven't touched the last one yet but I do assume it will have Goomy in it.
    Never mind. 200 doesn't even add Goomy and it's the same like the boss stages with falling blocks and barrier disruptions. In fact, I actually managed to clear it with the same 3 items while running Typeless Combo through Deoxys to give Shiny Mega Diancie massive hits alongside Complete Zygarde and Black Kyurem.

You may want to toss in a Mega Start.

They should do more stages like Mareanie

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    They should do more stages like Mareanie
    With less anime references.

With less anime references.
    And better catch rates although it only took me three tries. I don’t mind the references even though I haven’t watched the latest season yet.
    Danjal: Pikachu, use agility!

Pikanjal: Piiii! (Scary stuff, Morty!)

I didn't do my best
    Therefore I have regrets
    The Saviour did His best for us
    I do not regret choosing Him

Psalm 19:1
    The heavens declare the glory of God and the sky shows his handiwork.

~Don’t believe in God? Take a look at the sky, day or night then think again. Your proof is above you at all times!~
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Still not started UM

Quote Originally Posted by Krokketto Prime Danjal View Post
    I don’t mind the references even though I haven’t watched the latest season yet.
    Multiply forced comedy by eleven.

Totally destroy the impressions you got from the in-game characters, or hell, multiply them by eleven as well. While at it, destroy most of their original backstories.

Make Melemele the center of the universe. Make Akala Island so damn boring you're not willing to give it enough attention.

Lessen the action by three quarters.

Play Russian Roulette to bet if a character not named Ash or Lillie gets focus.

Completely degrade Samson Oak as the most shameful pun machine to ever live.

Congratulations! You got the latest season!
    Last edited by AuraChannelerChris; 18th January 2018 at 4:54 PM.

I've seen it
    it's cute and good, actually

It's really not.
    literally the only good thing to come out of it is the return of Jigglypuff.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________

I'll never understand why people think that wishing to an Angry Sky Fairy actually works.

Eww. The latest Pignite stage disrupts with itself...and Oshawott.

Eww. The latest Pignite stage disrupts with itself...and Oshawott.
    I just reached that stage and it’s no problem if you bring Pignite or even Oshawott as well. If you’re lucky with UP it can probably be done itemless. I really need to level up my shot out Pokémon.
    Danjal: Pikachu, use agility!

Pikanjal: Piiii! (Scary stuff, Morty!)

I didn't do my best
    Therefore I have regrets
    The Saviour did His best for us
    I do not regret choosing Him

Psalm 19:1
    The heavens declare the glory of God and the sky shows his handiwork.

~Don’t believe in God? Take a look at the sky, day or night then think again. Your proof is above you at all times!~
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Still not started UM

Quote Originally Posted by Krokketto Prime Danjal View Post
    I just reached that stage and it’s no problem if you bring Pignite or even Oshawott as well. If you’re lucky with UP it can probably be done itemless. I really need to level up my shot out Pokémon.
    You completely missed the point why I said "eww" to that combination.

The first 6 stages of the new area: perfectly fine, doable with minimal or even no items
    Seismitoad: terrible stage with no redeeming qualities

Page 544 of 545 FirstFirst ... 444494534540541542543544545 LastLast