Page 519 of 519 FirstFirst ... 419469509515516517518519
Results 12,951 to 12,968 of 12968

Thread: Pokémon Shuffle General Discussion

I've actually got to beat Mega Tyranitar on my first try a few days ago. Didn't seem to be as hard as I thought it would've been. lol

Found and caught the gyarados pikachu. Safari is now complete. I also got the... sinnoh cap?... pikachu at 12% in a regular ball. Back to the coins for now. Hoping for another big forward push soon, or I might go back and S some stages b/c I really should have more of the expert stages unlocked. I might even go actually catch some of the expert 'mons

Regigigas fan

My Shiny Legendaries!

3DS FC: 2595 - 1763 - 0232

Is there a decent strategy on shiny Gyarados Pikachu for a newcomer? I'm only at stage 198 with a few of the event/expert pokemon. I was able to beat the stage a few times when I first tried it, but now I can barely get it to low health. I even caught Landorus Therian and it seems like I'm doing even worse. My team consists of lv 1 Lando, lv 6 Donphan, lv 3 Marowak, lv 2 stunfisk.

I think I had more luck when I was using a mega gengar, I tried using M-Charizard Y but clearing out the middle of the stage doesn't really help me.

Does anyone else have the worst luck with combo boosters
    like, in my case, one of two things happen. Either it just never goes off even with skill bosted to decent rates or it DOES activate and then gets a combo of like...3. Max.

ps kirlia repeat is bad and i hate it. 5 dedicated turns to a puzzle and a lot of hp and the first board after the puzzle clears will never have instacombo so you need to waste another turn. Might just complexity it and be done with it thoug you pretty much need to bring moves+5 no matter what because finishing that stage in 2 moves is a bit charitable, shall we say

I stopped playing a year ago and recently i got the urge to start playing again. Man, lots of new Pokemon and catching up will be a pain.
    But is it me or the game got harder? Also, the capture rates are crappy. Kinda like they're desperate for people to spend money (more so than when the game was initially released)

Quote Originally Posted by Beat! View Post
    I stopped playing a year ago and recently i got the urge to start playing again. Man, lots of new Pokemon and catching up will be a pain.
    But is it me or the game got harder? Also, the capture rates are crappy. Kinda like they're desperate for people to spend money (more so than when the game was initially released)
    here is a summary of the past year:
    -hundreds of trash pokemon
    -increasingly crappy catch rates
    -increasingly high hp totals
    -the worst competitions you have ever seen

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    here is a summary of the past year:
    -hundreds of trash pokemon
    -increasingly crappy catch rates
    -increasingly high hp totals
    -the worst competitions you have ever seen
    Accurate. So unfortunately completely accurate.

And of course to even have a chance at most of this crap you have to have caught, trained, RMLed, and skill-boosted all the pokemon-of-the-week for the last six months XP

Regigigas fan

My Shiny Legendaries!

This game is slowly turning into a bad mobile phone game.

~ Wait, what was in that tea? ~

Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - TLoZ: Breath of the Wild - Walkthrough

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    This game is slowly turning into a bad mobile phone game.
    I'd argue it's already there. The competitions absolutely are, if nothing else.
    Related, but I know guaranteed s ranks have always usually suggested mega starts but sometimes it feels like you need them to really even BEAT the stage these days due to such high HP totals with such low turn counts. Or rather, beating it in a timely manner. And things like mega boosts feel less usable since any time you could be doing that could be doing (entirely luck based) burst damage needed to eat through as much hp as you can. Or having to use something like Sleep Charm(itself totally luck based) to give a better combo while stalling disruptions. It kind of makes mega speed ups way less valuable unless you can reach single digits, honestly.
    e: well that's not entirely fair, gengar and his speed range are still usable depending on the stage. it just feels less usable over all
    Especially if stages like Krilia & Shellos become the norm, where it has a dedicated 5 turn puzzle that exists solely to screw you over.

and of course, we have a variety of stages that get rid of the item that would make the stage much easier to handle.

Special Stages (competitions aside) have their own set of garbo problems like catch rates, appearence rates or stuff like Solgaleo & Lunala, but on the whole are generally better balanced by necessity of needing to be done by new(or new-ish) players as well.
    Last edited by R_N; 25th June 2017 at 5:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    Does anyone else have the worst luck with combo boosters
    like, in my case, one of two things happen. Either it just never goes off even with skill bosted to decent rates or it DOES activate and then gets a combo of like...3. Max.
    Yes, all the time! I thought it was just me.

Since people are having a rant about this game atm, I'll add my complaint which is this: I've completed this game to about 98% (my estimation). I have the last 2 expert stages to beat and 13 Pokémon from the latest area still to catch. As has been said, the recent catch rates are absolutely dire and that is the major issue I'm having right now. I've been trying to catch Ekans; about a dozen hearts used and it won't stay in the ball. I haven't even had SCP to even tempt me into throwing a great ball. Now, if I'm having to use a similar number of hearts on say, at least 8 of the remaining Pokémon I've yet to capture assuming I get a bit lucky with the others, then I really can't see the motivation for going through all of that frustration and wasted hearts especially since these Pokémon are hardly anything special. I might as well just leave them and as I always say, they're not going anywhere. Make the stages harder if you must, but why make the Pokémon near impossible to catch as well?

On the positive side, I did quite well on A-Meowth (not as great as last week, mind) and Eevee felt oddly generous and gave me 2 boosters.
    Dan: Pikachu, use agility!

Pikanjal: Ka! (Two Johto badges, I'm buzzin' after beating Bugsy!)

We need to be SLAVES
    to Holiness

I didn't do my best
    Therefore I have regrets
    The Saviour did His best for us
    I do not regret choosing Him

This is the last day for the free 7 items.

Get them while they're hot, unless you already did.

Thank you so much AuraChannelerChris! I would have missed out on 2 mega starts without your reminder. I really thought it was a permanent thing. Guess I should have known better and also read the small print properly.

Now just waiting for an escalation...

We need to be SLAVES
    to Holiness

I didn't do my best
    Therefore I have regrets

Quote Originally Posted by Krokketto Prime Danjal View Post
    Thank you so much AuraChannelerChris! I would have missed out on 2 mega starts without your reminder. I really thought it was a permanent thing. Guess I should have known better and also read the small print properly.

Now just waiting for an escalation...
    DON'T JINX IT!

Back up to over 82k coins. Think I'm going to do some S-ranking this time and unlock some of the expert 'mons I really should have and need, like mamoswine and gliscor. Hopefully I catch a few of the stubborn pricks I missed the first time this time

Regigigas fan

My Shiny Legendaries!

New Content
    Unova Cap Pikachu Great Challenge
    Shiny Gyarados Competition (RESTRICTED TO NORMAL- AND ELECTRIC-TYPES, NO MANECTRIC OR WINKING AUDINO, Bring Shiny Gyarados Pikachu)
    Luxray Great Challenge (Drops PSB's, RML's)

Returning Content
    Latios EB

Future Content
    Kalos Cap Pikachu Great Challenge
    Deoxys-Attack Great Challenge
    Regirock Great Challenge (Drops PSB's)
    Jirachi Once-a-Day (Drops PSB's)
    Cresselia Great Challenge (Drops PSB's)
    Shiny Rayquaza Safari (With Shiny Rayquaza Pikachu)
    Rayquaza Pikachu Once-a-Day
    Daily Pokémon #9 (Drops Coins)
    ---
    Alola Cap Pikachu Great Challenge (In next patch, two weeks time)

Spoiler:- New Pokémon Data + EB Prizes:

Just need some data on the Pikachu coming next week. EDIT: Added.

Managed to get back to 1k coins off the cap before this update so that was a good way to recover from being broke at the start of the week.

Did one run of the competition with Ampharos and a bunch of Pikachu. Only got 50k. I don't care because I'm not doing another run at that comp, whose Type Restrictions is basically GS dummy spitting because tappers (you know, the megas they DON'T want you to use for Competitions) dominated last competition so they are basically going to lengths to force which teams you have to use.

Going to start the EB now. Don't know how far I will go because I haven't really invested much into Anti-Dragon tech bar Alolan Ninetales... which isn't really useful because it's a timed EB. Might want to start looking at investing that Zygarde-Complete's LDE or Goodra's UP, only for a repeat to come right after the EB... >_>
    Last edited by Its_A_Random; Today at 11:24 AM.

Sorry Cyberra, I know you won't appreciate an EB but I did want one from last week just not necessarily a timed one.

Yes the limited type is a very interesting concept for competitions and I guess it's probably going to be the way forward for them now but they still need to get rid of the RNG based latter disruptions which are nothing to do with skill.

I got 86% SCP for Unova cap Pikachu on my first go so I just threw the great ball and got it out of the way. Glad I saved Magearna for today.

We need to be SLAVES
    to Holiness

I didn't do my best
    Therefore I have regrets

No, I would not appreciate an escalation >< Especially when I'm still trying to catch up to everyone else. So much for all my stored coins...

I finally caught shiny gyaradoschu, went ahead and caught luxray, and the other hat-wearing uselesschu. Now I have to train the stupid costume rodent before figuring out what to do about that competition. And get some more speedups for m-ttar from the escalation. But no way am I doing the whole thing... It was bad enough the first time I did latios, and they've probably effed with the hp totals like they've done to every other repeat.

Regigigas fan

My Shiny Legendaries!

type restricted?! This is getting completely out of hand. I guess it wasn't enough to pick 1-2 of our supports for us. No, they just had to limit us to practically 1 type. (Normal types have no chance without W-Audino) And we can't even use every Pokemon in that type!

But I digress. Caught Unova Cap Pikachu on my first attempt at 25%. I'll train GyaradosChu to Lv.10 for the comp, but I don't care enough to put more than that into this trash.
    On a journey to 100% the Pokébank Dex!
    Currently seeking: Female Shiny Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, or Venusaur
    Please PM me if you have one and are willing to trade!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

† I am a Christian, and proud to be one! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

3DS Friend Code: 1607-2130-1527

Those escalation prizes are starting to decrease in numbers.

Page 519 of 519 FirstFirst ... 419469509515516517518519